What caused the series to go to shit? Was it the transition from clever humor to slapstick?

What caused the series to go to shit? Was it the transition from clever humor to slapstick?

personally I think it went to shit when Tom King and Tim Seeley left, the fill-in writers they got to finish it up just weren't up to the task

Fuck off comicuck

>SJWs making Pam a sex symbol
>Background characters getting to much focus
>Pam being forced humor and annoying
>Overplaying Krieger's character traits

Dunno, I think Bruce was pretty well characterizased after the whole Wayne-mob shit. Pretty well story of Telltale

Season 7 was pretty fucking great, hopefully they can maintain it for the new season.

I tuned out a few episodes into Archer Vice, then I picked up again the next season which also sucked ass.....with the exception of the Mountain Climbing episodes.

Is Season 7 really worth watching?

Heh

Idk but Lana is the hottest cartoon woman to ever appear on television in my opinion.

They stopped doing phrasing.

Season 7 really relies more on the character humor of the earlier seasons. There are still the wacky action scenes, but it's much more true to form than Archer Vice or season 6, which were both pretty underwhelming.

It just went on too long and got worn out. They abandoned the office humor aspect and the increased focus on just the main cast makes the world feel smaller. They also rely way too much on self-referential humor and catchphrases. They say "y'know..." or "phrasing" in about every single episode.

What ever happened to that show made by the creator that was gonna be about two women cruising around the American south during the post-apocalypse?

>two women cruising around the American south during the post-apocalypse?
Is there a pilot or anything?

They trashed it without airing the pilot. Decided to just make a show based around another stand up comic.

Shut the fuck up

this

Removing the whole spy setting and replacing it with Vice. I liked that season 6 went back to the whole spy setting, but then it ended removing it again. Season 7 was pretty good with the Private investigation thing they had going on, but it was just too short for the story they were trying to tell.

That and the constant repeating jokes that were funny the first few times but got old pretty quickly

>oh noes it ain't teh exact same sort of humor as I wus used to from the first seasons
>if it progresses then it's sold out an ah hate it because it's not staying tru
>if it don't then the creators are cucks for not advancing the formula
>I get to stay a true contrarian because Ah can't lose on a Taiwanese quilt-weaving emporium

Last season was the most Frisky Dingo-esque and probably the best one so far. They seem to be continuing the trend of abandoning the pretense of plot which I'm looking forward to.

Pam and Cheryl being forced into every plot line and their characters (especially Cheryl) becoming unbelievably one note and obnoxious.

I like Frisky Dingo more than Archer so that's pretty high praise. I'll have to check out season 7.

someone's been playing too many videogames

the shell casings should be flying forward in this

ONLY THE FIRST EPISODE WAS GOOD

There's no point since Archer is dead.

It went from unexpected quips to people watching the show expecting quips so now the writers hamfist quips into the script because that'd what made them popular in the first place, but both fans and the writers seem to be ignoring the fact that what made them funny was that they were unexpected. If everyone goes in expecting Krieger to make a lost boys or waifu joke, it's not going to be as funny. We need more legitimate action episodes with straightforward humor. The golden quips should be sprinkled in when people least expect it.

>What ever happened to that show made by the creator that was gonna be about two women cruising around the American south during the post-apocalypse?

It was sacrificed when FX decided to keep "Archer" on FX instead of moving it to FXX with "Always Sunny".

>Lana
>not Malory

>What caused the series to go to shit?

The creators thinking we wanted more Lana, and making all the comic relief into "epic meme" characters.

Anyone else hoping for a timeskip with A.J. as the new MC and Lana taking Malory's role.

5 star post, user.

no because lana won't be interesting as a parent. She will be a lot like her parents, not mallory.

Meh you shouldn't put so much thought into a decent show otherwise you will ruin it for yourself

The only reason you think it "went to shit" is because it got popular, and you're a contrarian little twat like the rest of Sup Forums so you're bound by autistic law to hate it

I miss the days when Sup Forums was free of the Sup Forums mentality and people weren't afraid to like things. Fuck this place and fuck you guys I'm drunk I'm going to bed

>that time Archer thought Lana's parents wanted a threesome

How can you get out of this one? Archer is truly a (autistic) drunk sexophile

Too many overused running gags.

The audience. No series last more than 3 seasons anymore

I want Archer to breed me every day.

Archer banging Lana doggy style in that mansion in season 6, iirc, was pretty fucking hot for their animation style.

Yeah, that was hot as fuck. Her moans with the sweat dropping off of her. Damn, we all would've been Krieger there. "Hodor"

AMEN

It got boring for me after the first episode. I was out of breath from laughing so hard, then the second episode came and it made a 180 for me completely.

top fucking kek.

The same thing that happened to the last season of Sealab and Frisky Dingo, except with Archer it's stretched out over multiple seasons.

Whenever they lose focus, which was really understandable in Sealab's case (RIP Harry God), the type of humor takes a strong shift, and often not for the better.

Although Season 2 of Frisky Dingo was still pretty good, despite said shift.

It is Lisa Ann?

Has anyone acknowledged the possibility that a comedy premise is only good for so many shows before it begins to run out of steam? And that holds true for EVERY comedy premise.

Having said that, I don't think Archer is done just yet.

Got canned to make way for Louis CK's new show.

Is that the one with Spinelli as the loser mom? I still don't know what that whole sleeping with her feet on the windowsill is about

Good night , see ya tomorrow

I think the thing with Archer is that a lot of its humour is dialogue and banter driven and, at some point, that dialogue and banter shifted from being fresh to relying on running gags and referential humour. It's something that I think the writers are even aware of now, since I've noticed them lampshading it in more recent seasons.

Fans didn't like Vice. So the creator started to hate his fans and now he does whatever he wants.

It was always shit, user. The noveltycould disguise it only for so long.