What are you looking forward to the most in 2017? I'm hoping new information about the Secret of NIMH reboot(Rats of NIMH) gets released. Along with C&D RR.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0NXEjYWdhZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I'm hoping new information about the Secret of NIMH reboot(Rats of NIMH) gets released.
It's funny, I'm hoping you learn what cyanide tastes like.

Come on, the movie won't be that bad, user.

But user, everybody knows cyanide tastes like almonds.
Or rather almonds taste like cyanide because it's actually the aromatic component.

Is it a reboot, or is it a re-adaption?

Shitposting aside, The Secret Of NIMH was a great movie, but a terrible adaptation. If somebody were to make another movie, but keep it more faithful to the book, there would be no reason for people to get upset. You can't say they're shitting on Bluth's legacy when Bluth did his own shitting.

It won't be good no matter what you do with it.
It's going to be done in CGI, so it's automatically shit.

hand drawn is never coming back.
let it go.

It's not dead in Japan, so no I won't let it go.

>hand drawn is never coming back.
France would like to have a word with you.

>great movie but terrible adaptation
this. kinda like fantastic mr fox

>Is it a reboot, or is it a re-adaption?
Probably a reboot. This is from 2015 so I have no idea what they're changing.

It is planned as a CGI/live action hybrid, and will be "an origin story in which an imperiled mouse protagonist befriends a comical crew of lab rats as they turn hyper-intelligent. They escape a secret laboratory and become the great minds of vermin civilization, forced to outwit the humans hot on their tails." The studio plans to turn the novel into a family franchise.

Okay, yeah, that sounds terrible.

What I like about it is that it seemed to focus more on Jonathan. He deserved more love than Bluth gave him.

But will they call her Frisby or Brisby?

If I had to take a wild guess, probably Brisby again.

One thing I learn is that there are stories that make good books, and there are stories that make good movies, and the concept is otherwise exclusive.

Considering the book was pretty mediocre, a 1:1 movie would probably be terrible, which is why people like Bluth otherwise spice it up, add musical numbers, etc.

Considering most kids movies are reserved and usually action/adventure-comedies, I shudder to to think what they would do to NIMH.

Call me biased, but I would only trust that movie with Pixar, Laika or even Ghibli.

>Considering most kids movies are reserved and usually action/adventure-comedies, I shudder to to think what they would do to NIMH.
youtube.com/watch?v=0NXEjYWdhZI

aaaaaayyyyy

I'm looking forward to Disney's Vampirina, also new episodes of Angelina Ballerina.

What's up with the detectives in drag?

>live action/CGI animation

This is a trolly fred.

Still, I'll answer. Dragon's Lair movie getting the funds to get into full production. CDRR getting more comics. Those were gr8, and this world needs more of them.

>a CGI/live action hybrid

Adventures in Squirrelsitting.

anyone's got that R63art of chip and dale by Chochi? the one explaining that logically that C&D are supposedly female to to their makings and tail length?

Are you in fact a 10-year old girl?

>Angelina Ballerina
Never before had I a reason to post this.

You've caught my interest.

That's some symbolism

It was better than the book.

Anonymous delivers.

This explains so much.

So Chip and Dale have been girls this whole time?

is there an uncensored version or is this the only one?

, here. thanks a bunch!

The cgi version of the show fuckin sucked. Too much focus on dancing, and the boys played the same feminized and overly-helpful disposable roles as boys in other girly cartoons. The original version was somehow LESS girly than the cg version.

I'm not sure. Maybe Disney's chipmunks just generally have shorter tails. Chip and Dale have short tails, but Clarice has no tail.

As someone who adores "The Secret of NIMH" and considers it a masterpiece of Western animation...it was a good movie and a terrible adaptation. I love the animation and the voice acting and basically everything besides the story, but the story itself falters due to some uneven pacing and the Deus Ex Machina ending with the amulet. (The story's refusal to explain why the amulet existed or how it held supernatural powers did not help matters.)

An adaptation that stays faithful to the book may be worth watching in its own right. That said, the legacy of Bluth's film will be hard to ignore.

>a CGI/live action hybrid

...I revoke that prior statement about the new adaptation.

The last news I heard about a potential "Rescue Rangers" revival said it, too, would be a live-action/CGI hybrid. But that news is from at least a couple of years ago, and I have not heard anything about the development of that project in the interim.

>The studio plans to turn the novel into a family franchise.

Oh, what fresh new hell is this?

That screencap is a bit vague, as it could imply that MGM bought the full rights out to either the book, or film.

Either way, we sadly live in a time where everything is planned as multi-part projects that either advance to the next section of some grand plan, or fall flat on its face and lose millions of dollars as a result

Between hearing about the mix of CGI and live action, as well as wanting to whore it out for as much as they feasibly can get away with it, I feel this is dark times for an otherwise alright children's storybook

>Too much focus on dancing
But I like dancing girls!

We're talkin about mainstream , not some art only a few likes.

Unless some 2D movie makes at least half a billion worldwide none of the big studios are considering to go back to traditional animation.

lets see, only upcoming 2D movie is... My Little Pony The Movie.

Can bronies and little girls save the 2d animation? I don't think so.

I tried, but they're on there pretty tight.

her tail got absorbed by dat ass

Does Disney often go out of their way to hire performers with "Dat Ass" to play Clarice or am I just reading too much into things?

dat ass it's probably fake since japs don't have ass or tits

>"Rescue Rangers" revival said it, too, would be a live-action/CGI hybrid.

To be fair, the film wasn't the most faithful adaptation of the book.

A massive chunk of the book is spend in the labs and the film spends about 20 seconds on it.

While some of the Secret of NIMH fans are(hopefully) still here, could someone explain to me why the second movie pisses off everyone? What the hell did they do?

Nah, the artists were just lazy to researcg nature for more than a few minutes.