Has Sup Forums lost its fucking mind?

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills. Blade runner 2049 is the most average, zero originality film i've seen.

You fcuking plebs seem to be loving it. Have you lost you collective balls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg&ab_channel=WarnerBros.Pictures
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

phew.. you chose revolutions. Good.

>Luk ma i med pikcha

Sup Forums loves Riverdale, Spider-Man Homecoming, and Sneed posting, so yeah, it makes sense.

Look I'm not disagreeing with those comparisons but it was a great movie never the less

You hyperbolic twat- it's very good, maybe great. About the best case scenario for a sequel, way better than Ridley would make, up there w/ T2 and Aliens as classic sequels.

>t2
>aliens

>blade runner 2049

I hope you shills are getting paid for this

BLADE RUNNER
DRIVE
BABY DRIVER
HOT FUZZ AND ALL THOSE OTHER SHIT MOVIES
ALL FUCKING SUCK

It's pretty cool to be so ironic that you can't enjoy anything any more. The sign of a true patrician.

Oh wow...was it good, maybe great? Oh wow...I'm sure you being who you are are really qualified to make such a proclamation. Oh wow.

Oh wow, this is your contribution? Nonsensical sarcasm, wow, just wow.

If one more shill tries to sell me on this i dont know what ill do, wow I'm not gonna see it. Let it go.

I don't respect your opinions on movies. Mainly because you're just wrong but also because you're an insufferable whiny bitch.

Yes, yes let's keep a personal feud going, it really gets my oxytocin flowing. The merits of a film? Fuck that gay shit lol, i just want attenchums.

great post

Sneedposting is legitimately hilarious.

>watched shit
>expected shit
>got shit
And you're satisfied why exactly?

Original had an incoherent setting that fell apart if you looked it at all.
Sequel managed to somehow have it retroactively make sense and addressed all of the plot holes with the new replicants.

AI waifu also had some of that nice ambiguity.

And there was actual content, instead of just walking and scenery shots.

Only thing that sucked was that exposition was sometimes too strong and that some things went too well. It lacked a certain roughness in some aspects.

It was pretty good but it simply can't compete with the original. Left somewhat disappointed.

>Aliens
>Killing a great movie retroactively with shitty action and motherhood themes and forever deleting it from the combined consciousness of humanity
>good

I don't normally discuss things with people like you.

Ok who are you and why should i care about your opinion? Another shill? Yeah, no.

>motherhood themes
This so much, it's like, does Cameron even get that we're men we dont care about that shit lol gaaay

reddit?

The new one unironically has a more fleshed out intriguing story than the first one, especially in the romance sub plot.
The romance in the original was quite flat and not believable, while here I fully believed that K deeply cared about his virtual waifu.

Also same goes for caring about the main character, I would lie if I said I was as emotionally invested in the character of Deckard in the original as I was invested in the character of K.
Really the majority of the "emotion" of the original comes from Vangelis and the visuals, not so much from the script and characters themselves.

>Ok who are you and why should i care about your opinion?
>anonymous message board
haha what

Sup Forums is full of people with shit taste who don't really try to watch good films so villenueve's flicks are impressive to them

i know this more than anyone because i was this.

Why did you expect to get the same exact movie? Are you retarded?

>user thinks an almost 3 hour long slow burning visually focused R rated sci fi film that deals with the human condition is an "average film"
sure thing buddy

This movie's fucking great and if this isn't original tell menthe names of the film it's copying so I can go watch that shit too

Same bro, until I saw Nolan films and finally understood cinema

yeah

Its the best film released since the directors cut of BvS

Please don't lump Villenueve's trash flicks in with the best blockbuster of the 21st century.

>not so much from the script and characters themselves
>

That's the one and only scene everyone talks about really

every scene with Roy Batty was 10/10
in fact Roy Batty is the only reason the movie is anything more than a 6/10

Fuck off, faggot.

I'm talking about scenes in terms of emotion and characters, the film is obviously filled with countless amazing visuals.

I hated the movie, thought it was boring and bland (scenery is nice, but doesn't have much of a wow effect from a modern perspective), but I loved this scene.

go fuck yourself you piece of worthless shit

>This guy still doesn't understand why Aliens is the greatest sequel of all time
Look at it like this, if you had been tasked with making a sequel to Alien instead of Aliens you would have made Alien 3, IE you would have tried to remake Alien and it would have been awful
You're an idiot and a pleb

Aliens was shit, just worse than Alien in every way.

Movies been out for 1 day and the contrarians have already begun

An idiot and a pleb

yes you are

It's the climax of the story, it's only natural. Rachel also has some great emotional scenes.

>Rachel also has some great emotional scenes.
Like the time Deckard rapes her. That one caught me off-guard when I finally got around to watching the movie.

>returns his kisses
>rape

Plebs that don't watch actual film are flooding the board
happens every time a big flick comes out mate

this, i was convulsing during that scene when I watched the movie before going to see the new one

no you're right op

pictures fall into three categories; movies, films, and true cinema

only plebs will watch and find any enjoyment whatsoever, derive any pleasure, from watching movies and films. they think they are actually "intelligent" or "patrician" by watching mere films

blade runner 2049 is a film. it is not cinema, and you and i op, can see that because we are both highly intelligent. because we have crossed a plane that many others cannot see

so yes, fuck the plebs for finding this shit enjoyable. for enjoying 90% of pictures put out on the big screen. i hope one day our paths will meet again..... until then op.. thank you, and i bid you adieu..

-a likeminded thinker

Why did they abandon the aesthetic of the first movie? ;_;

t. OP

I had zero interest in seeing this because I'm tired of remakes and sequels. Ended up thinking it was pretty good. Not perfect, there were a few questionable scenes, but pretty good. I don't understand the complaint that it just retread the first film, I thought it expanded on the themes of the original quite nicely.

tldr: expected a pointless nostalgia cash grab, and actually got a proper sequel that stands on its own

Because it takes place 30 years later and the world has changed.

Did you notice the genius of getting someone with the emotional range of a robot to portray a Blade Runner?

kino post friendo

I didn't like it much. The 2 hour and 45 minute run time was painful, especially when an hour and a half of that was following an obvious red herring. I felt like there was no purpose to any of it. Visuals were fine though, and the soundtrack was ok, once you get past the fact that it's the same shit from the Arrival. Only reason you people like it is because of hologram waifus

I think Gosling did a great job. He was stoic and subtle, but showed great emotion when it the stress was too much

This is supposed to take place 1 year before the movie yet it does a much better job of capturing the atmosphere and style of the first movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg&ab_channel=WarnerBros.Pictures

it matches denis idea of film
hollow trash

This