Facial hair

Why do so few male superheroes rock facial hair Sup Forums?

This is the 'in' thing at the moment yet it feels weird that most male superheroes are clean shaven. What do you think Sup Forums?

>This is the 'in' thing at the moment
...is it?

are you living under a rock?

If I was, I wouldn't know, would I?

This was the best modern Superman outfit to me.

Why is Superman calling Chinese moot?

Which is funny when 90% of the MCU leads have facial hair

Probably because it doesn't fit as well under a mask and makes them a little recognizable. It also makes them look a little more scruffy which might be kind of "in" but isn't really the look most big name characters are going for.

Also I think looking back on some of the unfortunate choices they made in the nineties giving characters new hairstyles and shit they're a little wary about making that kind of mistake again.

everyone had mullets in the 90's

That "S" is too fat and there is something off about his face.

>they're a little wary about making that kind of mistake again.
they did it during DCYOU which was also mostly a flop so now everybody has to look classic for a while

As much as I love sexy lumberjack Supes, the cape combined with jeans and a t-shirt looks pretty silly.

what the fuck
why is jason todd asian

I think there's still negative connotations to facial hair in the majority of media and society.

I have a relatively well trimmed beard, and when I was applying for jobs a few years ago the majority of them told me that I'd have to shave it off if I worked there, though they were mostly sales floor positions. Very public eye, stuff like that.

Notice how almost no one on talk shows or news reports has facial hair either, unless it's part of their signature look or they're on late late night.

>Always liked you in black

Lois, please talk MJ into liking Peter's black costume.

This. It's about professionalism.

>Hiro selling the information of your users isn't ethical
>Or the NSA
>Hiro I can speak japanese, I understood every word of that.
>あなたはその口で母親にキスをしますか?

Or rather perceived professionalism based on cultural biases. Goatees or even beards can be professional, and as OP said earlier they're becoming "in." My current job is all professionalism all the time but they left me keep my goatee. Hell one of my bosses has a goatee.

Because superheroes tend to have strong chins and jawlines, rendering a beard moot

Agreed

Daddies

For Muslims yeah

Because kissing bearded men hurts.

Because Supes can't grow a beard under a yellow sun.

A little bit fucked up that is

Also wouldn't he need the throat instead of the face?

I'm surprised Snyder didn't give Supes a Jesus beard, considering, you know...

It's not like it's an either/or with jawlines and beards. A well-maintained beard can accentuate a strong chin and jawline.

Because they're masculine superheroes, not effeminate nu-male cucks in flannel shirts

he's saving it for his resurrection and walking out from the 'cave' where his body was interred.

A stache and beard are much more recognizable than a clean shaven jawline.

I miss Superbro

It's not full beards that are the thing of the moment, it's the neck scruff that doesn't seem to ever really fill in.

I'm surprised so many people (see Gosling in his new movie) that really don't look BECAUSE it's not a fully filled in beard bother, it simply looks like they forgot to shave. But you see entertainers in concert, on talk shows, in tv programs and movies, not clean shaven, so that is becoming the exception (except for child men).

Not if you haven't realized that facial hair on men in public for the past five years or so has become exceeding comment, no.

Seth Meyer probably couldn't grow hair, but Corden doesn't appear clean shaven 99% of the time and due to his excess weight (which him and his wife have no problem with, I'm just saying aesthetically, since he can't seem to grow a FULL beard ala Orson Wells, it doesn't look good).

For regular late night, whats his name on ABC has grown facial hair and while he's never been attractive even as he's tried to slim down, at least its a reasonably full beard, notwithstanding the grey. Colbert would just look wrong with facial hair (in the way Jon Stewart didn't when he appeared during the election specials).

Likewise, Fallon probably can't grow hair. He's have a stupid soul patch or something.

Sorry about the job search, it makes sense for retail, since they still require men to wear suits but this is likely changing. When I went into Macy's to buy a blender as a gift, the salesman still wore a suit, but had scruff. Now this is in a LARGE city, and in Downtown, so?

Barry with that beard AND his cowl just looked silly, but it was likely a good way to show passage of time.

>A little bit fucked up
That's not even close to describing this shit pile in a nutshell. And Canary never has had the ability to dissolve entire organic tissue of that size - she'd been doing all the surrounding thin, it's not like a gun that you can aim to hit a very precise target and that's even allowing for comic book science.

I miss space hobo.

Same.

Brian looks good with a beard.

Namor with a beard

Because ten year olds don't identify with bearded dudes.

Even secret Wars 616 Reed

It's more of a psychological thing. Beards and stubble are "intimidating".

Looks good

its gay

Too masculine for today's c u c ked generation.

I like Batman with this look, makes sense if he's working several days nonstop on a difficult case

No, it does not.
Well, it depends on the length of the beard, too short does a little.

Ok so being clean shaven used to stand for nobility and purity. That's what super heroes were all about back in the day. Truth Justice and the American Way etc. They were ideals instead of characters.

Beards are a way to bring them down to earth. Makes them look more manly. More tough MENTALLY, so they can deal with the hard realities of saving and sometimes NOT saving people.

I like it. I have a beard myself though, do I'm probably bias.

Ally everyone being clean shaven just looks silly.

Ironically beards are a more socially acceptable now than in the last generations.

>not having batshaving-cream in that utility belt and using the edge of a baterang

Step it up

Beards on boys, not on men.

It is homosexual.

I love this costume and this beard. I wish he used it longed.

facial hair is a classical trait of villains

Yeah its super gay just like defined muscles

Facial hair looks like shit on most people and fictional characters. Most of the people with beards today are fuccbois trying to reclaim lost manliness or hide baby faces. Very rarely does a beard actually work for someone like it did on Cavill in Man of Steel.