Climate change isn't real they said

>climate change isn't real they said

this year is on track to be the third consecutive hottest year

what say you climate change denier?

Other urls found in this thread:

environment.about.com/od/globalwarming/a/envirorefugees.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one denies climate change, it being hot doesn't prove that it was humans that made it hot.

the argument is mostly whether humans have a direct effect on the climate,not whether the climate is changing like it always has

/thread

People dispute whether it's humanity that has the biggest effect on the climate, or if it's a natural process.

Actually, we can easily prove this with chemistry.

No you can't. It's been modelled many times and failed to predict even a decade of change in the future.

There are plenty of warming deniers. Ted Cruz for instance denies that it's even warming and that polar ice caps are melting at an unprecedented rate. In fact, denial of ice cap melting is a part of warming denial. The entire phenomenon exists because people deny the planet is getting warmer, you fucking retards.

A rat isn't a person you fucking dumb americlap.

Please show me a year where the climate NEVER changed.

I'll wait.

>The entire phenomenon exists because people deny the planet is getting warmer, you fucking retards.
So if people deny unicorns exist unicorns will become a common phenomenon? Or is that only something that works with climate change?

>deniers
>denial
>deny

C'mon. Just call us Heretics. You know you want to.

>the third consecutive hottest year

Wrong. Climatologists aren't saying that. It's been way hotter before.

Um, actually the total amount of ice on the earth is going up. The Antarctic ice caps are growing faster than the artic ones are shrinking. So yea.

I remember like fifteen years ago they were saying there would be multiple giant hurricanes and constant bad weather every year by now

the bigger meme is people insisting the world getting warmer is a bad thing.

it was almost universally agreed in the 1900s, when there was the whole "mini ice age" that colder global average temperatures were bad and warmer global average temperatures were good. yet we somehow reached a point where the world getting warmer is "the biggest problem of our generation".

warmer climates mean longer growing seasons for crops. warmer climates means more livable area of earth. warmer climates means a happier population.

global warming is only seen as a bad thing because of the "man-made" narrative that surrounds it. if the sun were get stronger or some other shit, we would not be spending millions of dollars trying to fix the problem.

My question: who cares?

So some people lose their insignificant island nations. More natural disasters. Eventually nature will reset and the remnant of humanity will start over.

Oh well. Doesnt mean Im going to stop driving my car or using my computer or turn off my saltwater tank. Enjoy it while it lasts, I say.

No one is denying climate change. The client has been getting warmer and colder since the dawn of time. People are denying that it's caused by humans.

>A year
>Climate

It's the observation of trends over long periods, not "a year." The reason the scientific community overwhelmingly acknowledges climate human-influenced climate change is that the recent trends toward warming are pretty clearly correlated with industrialization and an dramatic, unprecedented increase in CO2 emissions into the atmosphere, among other things. The Earth has always had ebbs and flows in global temperatures over long periods, but what we're seeing now is a much, much faster rate of change than we've ever had (in either direction) short of a global extinction-level-disaster like the comet that wiped out the dinosaurs. That's not good.

The fact that this has become a political issue is fucking retarded. Left and Right are equally boned.

You're the reason why I hate posting here you fucking leaf. (plz change my flag)

There's an average of 5 car per human as we speak right now. Go take a huge puff on your muffler and tell me that you don't feel like shit after. The planet is a living being just like you and me.

Fucking twat.

>Try to strawman Sup Forums by calling them "climate deniers"
>It doesn't work
>Double down on your strawman and ignore nuances pointed out

We are insignificant.

Probably because people in the early 1900's were fucking stupid?

This. They've predicted "50 million climate refugees by 2010"
environment.about.com/od/globalwarming/a/envirorefugees.htm

I mean, isn't global warming only supposed to contribute ~1-2 degrees every century?

Both the Medieval warm period and Roman warm period were significantly warmer than we are right now. During the Medieval warm period, grapes were grown for wine making in northern England. We have ways to go to reach that point.

not an argument

>mfw the rest of the week is going to be high 80s-90s

Someone make it fucking stop, someone. It's supposed to be cold in new york at this time of year, which one of you faggots did this.