He has a point, you know

He has a point, you know

>Kate Winslet
Is she playing the moon?

no one thought avatar was going to be the shit until it turned out it was the shit

>uses disinterested to mean uninterested rather than impartial
fuck this asshole and this rape of the english language
oh and fuck you too OP

Why does the media hate Avatar so much?

it's actually crap

I think the majority of the media likes it though

Media is right-wing and hates the peace loving, pro-nature, anti-imperialist message of James Cameron kino.

>media is right wing
Funniest post I've read on Sup Forums

Pop culture's biggest joke is the failing Daily Beast. Hitjob smear campaign (from the architects of "nerd-culture") disguised as journalism. Sad!

Liberals are pro imperialist and are typically more aggressive than actual conservatives. Remember that neocons are actually liberal.

Who actually likes it? Who even remembers it?

Why does everyone pretend now that Avatar is bad? Is that a normie thing?

it's a horrible movie for plebeians

get some taste man

Watch Saint Cameron BTFO the non-believers

avatar was fucking dope. Proof new technology in film can over-ride story

its basically dances with wolves in 3d

and they are going to do it again and it will make billions

Nerd culture rebelled against Avatar because it was new, and wasn't pulled from something in the past. There was no nostalgia and therefore no social capital gained from liking Avatar. It became a cool thing to talk about how you hate Avatar. Like Nickelback kind of.

They're mad Based Jim keeps making hit after hit while all the other trash they pump out fails.

Disney shills are at it again. They'll never stop James

>Arnie
>Hamilton
>Winslet
Based Jimbo bringing back all his old friends so they can be a part of his next multi-billion hit. What a loyal and standup guy

What does that even mean?

James Cameron is one of the few non jewish directors in hollywood now that lucas is gone.

They'll bash it because James Cameron said Wonder Woman wasn't a great depiction of female empowerment, which it wasn't.
>Media is right-wing

Are you the same guy who said creationism is being taught in schools? Please, kill yourself.

They fear the power of James Cameron.

>disinterested society

*makes a gorillion dollars*

heh, nothin personnel

>fuck this asshole and this rape of the english language

Disinterested is a synonym for uninterested, retard.

Look at all the people who bash Avatar. They all look the same, act the same, talk the same, and have the same opinions on everything.
Most have probably never had an original thought.

>Media is right-wing
are you really this clueless still?

>Disinterested is a synonym for uninterested
no it isn't are you retarded. Disinterested means unbiased.

I never understood how Avatar was a success, the trailer showed that it was shit. I guess it was because of the 3D fad and families would watch it in groups. Now making 4 sequels ten years later is balsy, and that cast is quite awful too. good luck with that Jim.

>Most have probably never had an original thought

Kinda like the plot of Avatar.

>Why is avatar successful
>hmm i guess it was the fact that it got entire families to the movie theaters

Holy shit you answered your own question faglord

God, that's some prime MILF.

>Media is right-wing

James Cameron is a bad goy.

vocal minority.

Why do the media, normalfags, and redditors crusade against Avatar?
They constantly shill for much worse fims that are churned out, but all unite in a seething eternal rage against Avatar
Avatar had a cliche but decent story, with godtier worldbuilding
Why the hate?

Because FUCK MEN

They're envious of Cameron's mastery of cinema.

Wait. People actually like Avatar?

nobody actually likes Avatar but because the media dislikes it (like literally everyone else), Sup Forums will pretend to like it

I wish she would fuck me :(

Sometimes, words have more than one definition. What's it like to be retarded?

gee, it's almost like english is fluid and adaptive. move to france if you don't like it.
>mfw yolo is in the oed

>People actually liked the #1 highest grossing fill of all time?!

I guarantee you that THICC as fuq, super fine as fuq Kate Winslet will reprise her role from Divergent by playing the Mega Super Bitch Corporate Overlord hell bent on squashing all the blue savages animals in their way.

Callung it now.

I saw Avatar in IMAX 3D, twice. No regrets at all

Same senpai

A dog shit movie that did well overseas because of chinks weird tastes.

>avatar is the highest grossing film
Not when you adjust for inflation.

i saw it 7 times in IMAX 3D. i was able to recognize at the time that i would not be able to experience that type of immersion in a movie theatre for many years. i was right

Some fucko eastern european trying to act like KW is fat.

>"ZHE EEZ 120LBS? ZHE EEZ TOO FET XDD"

It was a lazy cut and paste plot, it was way too long, and it was just straight up boring. Also 3d movies give me headaches

TFA earned fucking billions and if all you followed was Sup Forums's opinion it would be considered the worst film ever made

You can think it's shit, but would you ever question the fact that there are people who liked it?

Why would I ever follow Sup Forumss opinions on anything?

Because Cameron is like Trump. He always wins and they hate him for it.

>Liberals are pro imperialist and are typically more aggressive than actual conservatives. Remember that neocons are actually liberal.

It's still BY FAR the highest grossing film in the modern era.

TFA is the only film since Titanic that is even within 1 billion of Avatar, and it was 700 million behind.

My theory:
1. Disney doesn't wan't Star Wars to have any competition that makes them look like incompetent films.
2. nuCritics feel threatened that simple movies with strong direction steal views from smaller films, so instead of giving fair reviews, they need to pan everything for small things they didn't like.
3. Some people probably felt the whole movie was just a scam in order to sell the whole 3D gimmick. This is actually a fair point, in my opinion. Even though I think all Cameron needs is a better script than the first one.
4. Blowing away Jim's WW comments.
5. A combination of everything.

They know that Jimmy "The Cunt" Cameron is an RLM meme and should not be taken seriously.

TFA was riding the hype of the most successful IP in history, and the 2nd Disney Star Wars movie didn't do nearly as well.

Jewish Nepotism. Cameron isn't a Jew. He's making more money than they are.

Disney owns the media.

Disney is mad they couldn't beat Titanic, never mind Avatar.

Disney is cancer.

>implying Avatar isn't an ecofascist isolationist masterpiece
Ït's literally about a brave pseudo-eurasian people resisting anglo-zionist capitalist spread of democracy (state-mandated homosexuality, soylent only diet)

Even at the time I never met anyone who "liked" Avatar. It was all about "you have to see it cause of the 3D and the effects". Problem with liking a film from pre-2015 for effects is that they age very badly and then you've lost the only reason to watch the film.

>Pop cultures biggest joke.
>not Disney's Moana catering to sjws and the minority population... and butchering polynesian culture.

Fast and furious franchise is this centuries pop culture joke. You literally pullef a Game of Death with Paul Walker.

>media waits on bated breath for every shitty new comic cinematic universe megafilm
>somehow makes us believe that no one saw the highest-grossing pictures of all time and that we're cretins for being even remotely interested in sequels

Rogue 1 was actually better than TFA too. Disney blew it with the Star Wars license. Literally anyone other than Lucas could have grossed at least 2 billion with a new Star Wars movie.

If AVATARs would poop that would be good

I liked it.
But i have to admit that it was a pocahontas knock-off.

Wizard of Oz was the same way with the introduction of color in films. Watching it in 2016 isn't nearly as cool as watching it when it first came out. Doesn't make the movie any less iconic though.

Because the fucking faggot wasted a lot of time making sequels to a literal tech demo with a babbys first Pocahontas type of story and a horrible lead man.
The fucking villian had more charisma than that fuck.

>wasn't pulled from something in the past

Yeah...

People hated Titanic when it was №1. When it became №2 they liked it.

>Disney doesn't wan't Star Wars to have any competition that makes them look like incompetent films.

>meanwhile Disney just created a new section of animal kingdom created just for avatar despite the fact it came out over 6 years ago and the sequel doesn't come out for another 3.

Gotta milk them a few dollars in case the first sentence doesn't work out.

are you guys serious with the love for avatar?
you can seriously watch that movie and not cringe and shake your head at the terrible dialogue, the cliche characters, the shitty story, the mediocre effects
I feel like Sup Forums posters like this movie because they're around 20 years old, so they were prepubescent shitters when they first watch it and have nostalgia goggles.
Seriously, go watch it now. It's fucking awful.

Because it's a bad movie that forced 3D onto us. 3D makes the screen blurrier and dimmer.

Cameron BTFO

Because Avatar is the sort of film wanna be-critics get a huge boner for. Most people will realize (rightly) that the story isn't anything original, and with this profound revelation in hand, they will feel like they've figured it out and have something meaningful to say.

Neoliberals and neocons are virtually identical.

It's baffling how many Avatar haters shill the Apes trilogy. Cookie cutters and hypocrites.

It's not bad, it's just not exceptional. It's like if The Matrix was the highest grossing movie of all time. I mean, okay, but it's not that good.

I just watched after seeing it posted here, and you are pretty much wrong on all counts. Avatar is THE film that get contrarians riled up.

>Didn't experience it in IMAX

I'm sorry you're autistic

>I never saw Avatar
>No one I know personally ever saw Avatar
>Everyone online who saw it doesn't even really remember
>The few who do say it was nothing special
>Somehow the biggest, highest grossing movie of ALL TIME

Who the fuck actually watched this movie and gave it the revenue?

Was it the chinks?

I thought it was just okay. I can't even remember anything from it except for the big mech with the knife.

>saw it
>everyone I know saw it
>everyone online saw it
>all of them said it was nothing special
what now?

I went to see it expecting Cameron kino. I got a mediocre movie instead.

I went three times

>there are people on this board born after 1999

Gross.

The only reason Avatar was such a success is because it was the first movie to come close to crossing the uncanny valley in terms of fully 3d created humanoid creatures speaking and interacting.

I expect the new movies will do even better in this regard, and this WOW thing is what will drive moviegoers, the story will likely be as crappy as the first, but then again that doesn't stop capeshit from raking in billions.

Avatar utalized 3D appropriately. Not Cameron's fault everyone else tried (poorly) to copy him.

0/10 You're just butthurt.

The highest grossing movie of all time. Not once. But twice though?

That's what butthurt hater's actually believe.

Cry more.

In all seriousness, Neocons are actual antistalinist marxist. They couldnt stand stalin them being either lenin and trosky hardliners so they broke with establishment progressices and became "conservative" Thats why they are called "New" conservatives. Fuck them paleo or bust.

>forced

Fucking autist, kill yourself.

After Cameron declarations is a way to show your loyalty to the cause.

The jew fears the Cameron.

Nigga, only a real autist would care.