Who the hell is Red X?

youtube.com/watch?v=mRlstd9wms4

And why is this show so good?

Just a friend

I forgot this show was this good.

I cast it into the "cringy old cartoons I used to watch" compartment in my brain, when it should have gone in my "awesome cartoons' compartment.

Still, less anime-inspired emotes please.

Bizarro Jason

Jason who got adopted by Catwomen instead of Batman?

I know who he is...

Was this shit ever released in 1080p? Cause it doesn't really look like it. All I'm seeing is season 3, or supposedly Google play.

>And why is this show so good?

The show was a perfect storm of influences, storytelling, voice acting, and animation. It rarely fell into outright comedy or full-bore drama, and the comedic moments in more dramatic episodes helped even out the mood and tone. The Titans team chosen for the show worked well, as the dynamics between each member of the group gave us some wonderful character moments. The references to storylines from the comics - notably "The Judas Contract" - also helped attract fans who liked the comics.

Yes, the show had more than a handful of bad episodes (the heavy-handed "racism but not really" episode comes to mind). And the anime-leaning stylings, especially during the show's comedic moments, was a divisive choice. But the good far outweighs the bad with this show.

The show was made before HD, so unless Warner Bros. goes back to properly upscale it for a Blu-ray release, 480p resolution will be the best quality you can find.

>Who the hell is Red X?
He's the suit. He's the suit come to life. That's why Robin makes such a big deal about how nobody broke *into* the vault where he kept it, but somehow it had *gotten out*. That's why they retconned that it was powered by some B.S. unobtainium despite seemingly being a normal mask-and-cape costume in its first appearance. It was the suit, brought to life by an unstable plot-magic element.

...But that's gay.

B-but that season 3.

This. Plus it had qt waifus.

Huh. Wiki says the show did air in HD. I had no idea.

In any case, I doubt Warner Bros. will want to confuse "Teen Titans Go" fans by having two "Teen Titans" shows on the market at the same time, so the old DVDs for the original show - and the SD releases of the show on digital video - are your only options.

No, expecting him to be somebody when there're literally no named non-superpowered teenage males in the series for him to BE. That's gay.

>OOOOH, IT COULD BE JASON!
Fuck you, Jason Todd was still dead at the time this aired, he wouldn't come back and be associated with a Red ___ identity until the year after "X" aired.

I don't want him to be Jason Todd. I want him to be a fucking stranger. Someone we don't know. Have be a kid who's bored outta his wits. A punk. You can do a lot more than saying "it was the suit" who did it.

That's probably why they left it ambiguous, user. I know I felt the same way, I was cool with him being anonymous, but the fact is someone said this in an interview (I think on the titanstower site), and I believe it cuz it explains the otherwise inexplicable, i.e. how anyone could've broken into the vault completely undetected.

Not confirmed

It makes no sense for him to be the fucking suit. He has a personality and his own personal goals.

His personal goals were to fuck with Robin and to steal zinothium, which in this case would be his literal life-blood. His desire to mess with Robin aside, he never seemed to do much else. For what it's worth, he was voiced by Scott Menville too.

So...the Red X suit is Senketsu?

He literally only stole for his own personal needs and crossed the line of his morale compass multiple times

Knowing the producers, its obviously a bionic monkey infused with Robin's DNA.

...okay? I don't see how any of that precludes that he was a newly sapient suit. I mean, it's not like he ever stole FOOD or something. Or are you arguing artificial people can't have moral compasses? That's racist, user.

>are you arguing artificial people can't have moral compasses?

They can, but such things are determined by programming. I mean, goddamn, Cell alone proves that.

See, that's why they went with "bullshit power source-based intelligence"instead of "artificial intelligence gone haywire". You don't fuckin' know how zinothium works. Nobody does. It don't matter. All that mattered was that Red X was cool.

I miss this show so much

They should include more
Kid flash
Aqualad
Wondergirl

Teen Titians are the Xmen done to perfection

user, 2/3rds of those characters were in the show. Wonder Girl was even going to appear in the final season too, but legalese prevented it. Remember this was the time of "JLU can't use Black Manta because CW wants to do a Smallville spin-off about Aquaman maybe possibly perhaps if the pilot's picked up."

The DVD's are also not HD.

It is frustrating.