Does anyone here like Colbert? I think he's pretty amusing. No Sup Forumstards allowed

Does anyone here like Colbert? I think he's pretty amusing. No Sup Forumstards allowed.

You're making these threads knowing they're gonna lead to Sup Forums faggots coming in here with their shitty memes. Why do you torture them like this?

im not pol but i stopped watching late night tv shows like stewart and colbert in 2009 (high school) after instead of ripping obama like they did bush, they just verbally fellated him for an hour every night while continuing to call republicans/conservatives/white people stupid and evil.

>Why do you torture them like this?
lmao, torture, right. I'm sure they're crying every time they colbertpost.

HAIL DANAHALA FRUMPFLA

No he unironically sucks

memes aside, his old show was way funnier, which makes sense bc he didn't have to cater to the broader late night audience and could riff on Rs and Ds with impunity

>which makes sense bc he didn't have to cater to the broader late night audience and could riff on Rs and Ds with impunity
In the sense that was a complete ripoff of his mentor Leibowitz, his show shifted to being the Democratic/Obama Defense Force once Obama was elected and everything was going right in the government, obstructionist Republican naysayers be dammed and mocked. He even cancelled his show around the same time, he is so derivative.

The Report was really good, but I haven't really ever watched the late show

it's true, every BLOMPH or ZRUNT I post causes me intense agony. aaahhhhhhgh!

Report was funny, but he's insufferable on Late Show

So, folks uh... what should we talk about tonight? A lot of topics out there to choose from...

>Colbert will never do anything as hilarious as Colbert SuperPAC again

>implying he ever riffed on ds
lol

Yea dude I really like the one where he bashed trump, anyone remember which episode it was?

>Yea dude I really like the one where he bashed bush, anyone remember which episode it was
Why was it ok then and not ok now? The only difference is that you think Trump isn't a moron that should be mocked.

because then instead of bashing obama or any of the ds when they controlled both houses, they became their mouthpiece and continued to shit on republicans and conservatives.

When did I say I was for it when he bashed bush?

I'm not a liberal but he's shit, even far before trump being elected, hus humor is one of the worst ones I ever saw like the joke about using some chinese goverment temporary employers like to make them go back home

Anyone that like this guy is inferior to reddit, go back to 9gag

feelsbadman

>inferior to reddit
Of course you'd say that, r/the_donald

Lol

The Colbert Report was fantastic. It was actually creative with its political satire and more importantly it was just consistently funny.

I'm still fairly liberal and despise Sup Forumsfags and Trump altogether, but the shit he does on the Late Show really is pretty bad. It's just lazy and adds nothing of value to the discourse. I also hate his sanctimonious stance on it all when he knows damn well that the show was tanking before the election was ramping up. I mean Trump's entire strategy was to feed off all the media buzz, so how can you sit there and act incredulous when your tactless coverage directly contributed to his success. It's just frustrating because I really did enjoy him before.

I like him, but I only have time for Conan. And even then, it's mostly just his remotes.

Colbert Report was great
Late Night Colbert wasn't very good until the elections ramped up. He's been on fire for a while now.

Bait aside, you honestly have to be an idiot to enjoy his show.

What a silly statement.

What a silly reply.

look at the fucking grin on that child rapist
it's the look of someone who is raping and killing kids and getting away with it, they all have that same look

Why am I an idiot for enjoying his show?

>I'm still fairly liberal and despise Sup Forumsfags and Trump altogether
This is only possible if your political views go against modern science.

You have to be mentally ill to keep a picture like this around.

The jokes aren't remotely clever and are clearly just pandering or just stating the political opinions of Colbert.

Because it's corporate propaganda designed to make you and other idiots willingly accept their own enslavement.

He treats his audience like children and there's nothing remotely intelligent about the content, it's a show for retards.

A meme implies that we're not right

Colbert Report was great and really funny. Problem is that like most of his kind, he doesn't have an interesting (or at least interesting enough) personality to have his own shown when not playing a character.

I was excited for Late Night, but even after all this time he still seems very uncomfortable in his own skin and the interviews are full of dead moments.

Another used to be funny comedian who became nothing more than a mouthpiece for the democrats

>cuckold

I think colbert is just tsundere for trump at this point. There's no way he or his coterie of slack-jawed ghost writers think his DRUMPGGF schtick is funny.

He was great on Strangers with Candy (which he wrote), The Daily Show, Colbert Report (although I got sick of it at a certain point), and the Adult Swim stuff he did. I don't like late night shows generally and his show is no exception. I gave it a few chances and didn't find it funny, plus I don't care to hear some boring actor shill for their shitty movie. Haven't seen the show since he basically turned into a left wing pundit.

No, it doesn't. You can also be right while being butthurt.

He has gone downhill since he went from just making fun of one side of politics to revealing his personal feelings about issues so much. It's not as funny when you can sense the impotent rage.

I'm the one that's butthurt when I'm ridiculing him for going on 15 minute tirades and his audience eating it up every single night of the week?

TDS/Colbert shows were much more focused on comedy back then, now the shows are basically MSNBC with a few jokes.

You never heard of an opening monologue in a late show before?

You have to be mentally ill to knowingly support pedophiles in the "entertainment" industry.

Nice conspiracy theories, faggot.

t. cuck

wew

t. mentally ill faggot

Delusional

>i-it's not a ridiculous conspiracy, just look at all these other industries i can name one prominent pedophile from. that means my underground pizza basement sex dungeon theory isnt stupid at all!

>WAEK UP SHEEPLE

This.

>I'm j-just going out of my way to do damage control for known pedophiles on an anonymous image board, nothing to see here!!!

>you can tell i'm right by the way people are making fun of me!
well shit, that MUST be it!

>Stephen Colbert accused of being known pedophile by anonymous moron on the internet

>one guy desperately screeching nothing to see here is "people" making fun of someone

>desperately screeching nothing to see here
is that what you're imagining it as because you're actually still somehow holding out for pizzagate to be true when even fucking alex jones has dropped it?

>desperately screeching nothing to see here continues

>still thinks he's right because he's being made fun of

t. reddit

>nothing to see here
also, wouldn't this imply i was trying to divert people's attention instead of just making fun of what a delusional basement-dwelling kekistani you are for still going on about it?

>n-no really mom, i swear i need the computer in my room to fight the evil pedophile shills, i promise i'll get my grades up just leave my computer alone!!

he is the one fucking OBSESSED with trump

>this is proving a point of some kind... right?

>going full autism to defend pizzagate

completely disgusting, im not violent but i would end his life if had the chance

i can use my replies to keep saying new and different things about what a special little guy you are, what's fun about trapping yourself in a thread to just hit paste over and over and over again?

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

He used to be funny

>desperately attempting to feel some deformed, unrecognizable version of the love of friends and family by fishing for (You)'s continues

>desperately wishing the other kids at school didn't laugh at him so much or that he had some friends to spend his friday with continues

He's more of a lecturer than an entertainer. I don't watch TV to be lectured to every night.

People like you are ruining earth.

nah, i recycle

I was afraid because he was "Hollywood" that he'd somehow avoid the Weinstein controversy.

But boy, he really gave it to him last night! I'm glad we still have comedians that are willing to speak truth to power like that.

Drumphkins have no idea.

Shame I have to preface this with the fact that I'm a liberal, but he's a much better character than he is a person.

>make fun republicans
>support the democrats
>they win
>keep supporting the democrats

Wow, I never saw it coming.

He's great

I liked Colbert Report well enough. But he's fallen out of grace for me. He just doesn't make me laugh anymore. His satire had soured on me well before Trump was on scene. I used to really enjoy him, but over time, as I became more versed in the topics he mocked, his jokes became, frankly, patronizing. I was maturing politically, but his jokes weren't, and as my political views were becoming more nuanced, and in many ways cynical, his comedy stagnated. More and more he seemed a mean spirited partisan with a willingness to distort information, not for comedy, but for political reasons. I remember being in college and researching U.S. use of drone warfare, and then seeing him make a joke about the topic that I knew was incorrect. After that I would research his jokes, and began to realize how easy it was to find contradictory information. After that I just couldn't listen to him without doubting his authenticity, and nothing kills comedy more than analysis.

Don't get me wrong he's a great satirist, probably one of the best, some of his bits are phenomenal, but he's been beating a dead horse for far too long and I simply don't have the patience for it. He's very accessible, and good for a low hanging joke or two about republicans, but he's more likely to ellicit cringe or a groan from me than a laugh these days.

Neat strawman. It's literally just true.

Yeah, because they didn't rip Weiner a new asshole.

The truth is that consevatives just do more ridiculous shit. Look at Sup Forums and their conspiracies.

>consevatives just do more ridiculous shit

Liberals (ones elected into public office, no less) literally think dinosaurs drove cars and too many people on an island will tip it over.

This is some strange pasta. Can I have the shit special instead please?

I don't really like him, partly because he's got that unfortunate combination of hyperpolitical advocacy and smarmy self-righteousness. It's Bill O'Reilly on the left but played with a laugh track, and I'm expected to clap along like a good little monkey. That has the side-effect of making Colbert excessively predictable, and excessive predictability is the death knell of comedy.

Trump sells. That's all there is to it. Unless, of course, Stephen really does view himself as some sort of leader of the so-called resistance.

DID YOU HEAR WHAT TRUMP SAID TODAY? TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP AHA1

doesn't the pizza place not have a basement?