Favorite Country Flag

Hey Sup Forums what country/nation's flag do you think is the greatest? Only Rule is that you can't choose your country's own flag
>pic related
Saint Lucia

Other urls found in this thread:

photius.com/flags/alphabetic_list.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

List of flags organized in alphabetical order
photius.com/flags/alphabetic_list.html

I like the Libyan flag from 1977-2011

No one can deny it.

STAR TREK
T
A
R
T
R
E
K

t. star trek lucia

>fucking gay

What in the flying fuck.

Wouldn't choose my own country's flag. It's an ugly tricolour with shitty symbolism.

I suppose one that comes to mind is South Korea. It's unique.
I also like Scandinavian flags because of the aesthetic simplicity, historical origins, and Christian symbolism. Tricolours are the opposite; ugly, breaks with the past into "current year-ism", and leftist.
A handful are passable, when they have symbols in the middle and the colours aren't just bland and copypasta'd from France's or 1848 Germany. Spain is the prime example, but countries like Croatia and Serbia have them too.

Even just being too simple a design is bad.
Poland and Malta's flags are weaker than they should be. Slap a strong cross in the middle and you get a nice design. On the red half the cross is white, and vice versa.

Aesthetically, that's a model Ireland's flag should follow (although the design I have in mind is very old), the simple dark green background with a gold harp. Strong and bold, not confused and derivative.

Lithuania's secondary "state" flag is a similar model too. Shame they have a puke coloured tricolour though.

I thought so too.

I feel like america should be the ones with an assault rifle on their flag

>assault rifle

Get out

you mean this

Here come the nit picking niggers.

Too bad I can't get one with the coat of arms

Mine too family

>So what shall we have our flag as?

>Well, lets copy the Dutch flag

>Sir, we cant just copy someone else's flag

>We can't? well lets add three other country's flags in the middle

not a country but just an ethnic group in the caucasus

the other two country flags in the middle are the previous flags of South Africa

impressive collection

altough they look.. kinda the same. In some way.

Which is those is Germanic Louisiana?

It's using the design of Louisiana's civil war flag

wait nvm totally forgot this bugger

Pretty dank

WE AREN'T THAT SWEDISH JESUS CHRIST

MINNESOTA IS PRETTY EVENLY SPLIT BETWEEN GERMANS/SWEDES/POLES/SOMALI

Albania's flag looks pretty badass to me with Jamaica coming in close second. I like flags with simple, powerful designs (like the swastika, for example) on them. None of this horizontal/vertical colored stripes bullshit. To me, Albania is the most intimidating/powerful looking flag that I'm aware of.

>purple

This flag makes me think of a gamma ray burst or some shit

It's a rare species of bird that is only found on the island and no where else in the world