People keep saying blade runner 2049 is kafka esque

People keep saying blade runner 2049 is kafka esque
As a non /lit fag what does this mean

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Kafkaesque
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's lynchonian

It's Sneedy

Kafka reads like an anxiety dream if you have ever had one of those.

Personally I'd describe it more as a love letter to the genre

sneedcraftian

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Kafkaesque

reminder, the person who posts sneed is an underaged /asp/ spammer from india

it's good

very chuckesque, one must say

Assuming you're not memeing, BR2049 is in no way Kafkaeque

Memeing aside, it's . Kafka's stories are often disorienting nightmarish dreamscapes, usually with bureaucrats or other superiors fucking with the protagonist while he stumbles along in a personal hell.

It means no one's read Kafka but they want to sound smart.

Ein Hungerkunstler is one of the greatest pieces of prose ever put to paper.

I think most people with an interest in /lit/ have read some of his stuff. I don't enjoy his books very much but I had to read a couple for school

I tried reading The Trial once. My god was it dull and badly written. Kafka was a hack.

it means harrison ford is a cockroach

It's pretty good but it left me confused as to what he meant by it honestly.

>but im a literary genius

enjoy your manditory military service bulletcatcher

>Marked by surreal distortion and often a sense of impending danger.
so what's the difference from lovecraftian?

Hunger Artists were actually a thing, it was david blain shit, they'd go to a town square, lock themselves in a cage, and towns folk would pay money to see this guy starve himself, yell at them, tempt them with food, or just spectate and gawk. It was an ancient precursor to Sup Forums.
The idea behind the story is pretty much that he wasn't putting himself in a cage, he was putting the rest of the world in the cage (like the koan about how to get a goose out of a bottle).
It's about the utter alienation of the individual against the universe, and that the role of a true artist is to be the outsider looking in, and what appears to some to be suffering is just an expiation, and that the only thing the artist truly seeks is validation, even at the cost of themselves.
I remember in one of my lit courses the teacher brought in this old as fuck vinyl recording of this famous european actress reading it, and it kind of helped me to process the book.
If there's a book that you're really trying to analyze, try reading it aloud. You'd be surprised at some of the details you pick up on processing the work verbally.

Because its not "cosmic" in origin. It's the absurdity of mundane that really defines Kafka.