Chinatown

Chinatown

Good film, or the GOAT film?

Absolutely the GOAT. Noir Kino at its finest.

directed by a jew child rapist

it's something that if seen in my formative years would've left way more of an impression than it did watching within the last year

>implying that the vast majority of hollywood classics aren't directed by jew child rapists

Good of all time

One of the best.

fuck off

I liked it but I'm not sure why it's considered so much better than many other great noir films. Also it didn't feel like it needed to be over 2 hours. There are other Polanski films I prefer, like The Tenant.

they do make the best movies

Its pretty good

>roman "pull my pud, little bud" polanski
>jew child rapist
You don't say? entry level pedophile at best, hollywood is filled to the brim with degenerates and horrible people, at least polanski got his shit pushed in by the manson cult.

Really good, but The Third Man was better

don't bother, its chinatown

its a bit overrated
felt like I was watching a book

This was great until the very end. The tension was high through most of it and then it just fizzled out. Overall enjoyable, but the experience reminded me of Mulholland Drive - great buildup, poor payoff.

One of the things I love about it, which is never talked about, is that it's not done in the style of a 1940s film noir film at all. Polanksi shoots and edits it like it's one of his horror movies.

The story is noir, yes, but the filming style treats it with a lot of terror and paranoia of a modern (for the 70s) horror thriller.

kek, perfect

Undeniable GOAT tier and anyone who says otherwise can fight me. If you liked this film you should also watch L.A. Confidential

I thought that was the point though. It builds up this whole conspiracy which is normally busted by the hero and he just flat out loses. Forget it pal, it's chinatown

It's the same with L.A. confidential doing a noir story in the form of a 90's hollywood blockbuster.

I was expecting Nicholson to get killed by Polanski (or be framed). That's what all the tension was building up to in my mind and I was just disappointed that he didn't either lose big time or at least win. Everyone just walks away (apart from Dunaway).

Mogos did it better

didnt the screenwriter or the director walk away from the film or something? The chinatown line was just a meaningless filler line because the screenplay was unfinished? I remember reading that somewhere.

producers wanted happy end, polanski wanted bad ending.

well could you say this work instead then. I left me feeling properly fucked over the first time i watched it but then i realized it was the first time in ages a film had really surprised me. No Country for Old Men does the same thing.

One of the best screenplays of all time, well directed by Polanski in a subtly unconventional way and impeccably performed by the actors. Casablanca tier, not a deep and personal work of art but just consummate craftsmanship all around that's always satisfying to watch. Objectively one of the better movies of all time but most who really get into movies will find many that move them on a deeper and nore personal level

This
It's overrated as fuck
Prime boringcore

Okay, I'll be that guy. FUCK THAT ENDING.

Yeah, but he did a really good job
I wouldn't hire him to babysit my kids, but that scumbag sure knows how to put a film together

The ending makes the whole movie, you unforgivable pleb

Did yify just rip this or something?

Cross or Plainview. Who's better at eating a steak?

wtf i hate qt's now!

What is yify

Is it like torrents but for people without HD space/scared of cyber police?

Is it actually better than torrenting for any reason?

its for people with shitty internet
and for streaming