Best batmobile design coming through.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQCeyqwba1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UHoHAmrEbrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Coffin with wheels.

The epitome of impractical but awesome.

Gotta love a car that is 2/3rds Engine.

Did the Reissue of that come out yet. That one was supposed to have Silver paint apps instead of just grey plastic along with a Batman and Robin with Fabric capes so they could actually sit in the Batmobile.

Best Batmobile right here.

I'll admit this thread has an agenda.
I'm designing my own batmobile based on a few older designs as well as stuff I just like in general and I'd like some pointers as to what designs you like best of the existing vehicles and why.
Here's what I'm working with so far.

This car always seemed absurdly long to be practical to me.

Other than that it was awesome.

needs a single windshield not two. the separation between the two windshields would obscure your vision while driving.

>absurdly long
Isn't that a staple of the batmobile though?

Watch that you don't end up with Arrowcar.

Not that I noticed, no. I mean there were some hilariously stretched designs over the years but as a general rule...

Holy shit it actually looks cool

Really liked this super sleek one.

Like this?
Lel. Isn't that mostly color though?

The side view silhouette looks very...goofy. Try to sleek up the overall shape. Right now it's very blobby.

Also, the front of the car looks like a proboscis monkey with those "eyes" and fatass "nose".

Right now you have a lot of sleek shapes, but no OVERALL shape to the Batmobile. You need to give a sense of direction even when it's standing still.

You need to think about how these shapes interact to form a whole. How these things will appear to move at different angles. You've clearly designed it to look good from the front, and it looks alright from that angle, but not so good at every other angle. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

The Tombstone is the perfect Batmobile because it was designed by people who know all these things.

Design is a science, not an art. Master design first, then work on the bells and whistles.

That'd make a great band name.

Get the fuck out

yes exactly that. might want to wrap it around the side a bit too. so he has some peripheral vision while driving. but thats just from seeing it from the front it might have enough as is.

I was messing with ya. You won't make anything like pic related.

Here's an older iteration I used while running some material tests.
>The side view silhouette looks very...goofy. Try to sleek up the overall shape. Right now it's very blobby.
Yep, I've been thinking the same thing.
>the front of the car looks like a proboscis monkey with those "eyes" and fatass "nose".
Goddamnit I was afraid of that.
The thing about overall design is a good tip to consider. I was borrowing a bit from aston martin on the side silhouette but I guess it's a bit too "comfort" oriented for the batmobile.
I'll make every effort not to.

>those cape wingtips
shiiiiet

You should give it fines like a fucking shark. Make it a road shark.

>You should give it fines like a fucking shark.
Uh...no?

Combination F1 and tank.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQCeyqwba1Y

I like the Telltale take.

Where better to hide then in public.

Lel.

What kind of look are you going for? I think it looks good, but fairly basic. I'd also try to make it look almost like a creature of the night. Not literally, of course, but kinda what said, just not this 's extent. The batmobile should be able to be as intimidating in shape and structure, like someone sculpted a part of a cathedral onto the road, but more simple in deisgn. I think the way yours curves is great, and I'd definitely would hang on to that, though.

Reminds me of this

Yea fuck the fin but it should have the wings on the side.

Obviously, it's not even a god damn batmobile without fins.

I was objecting to the "like a shark" bit.

Yes.

Essentially what I meant when I said "fins".

Eugh.

I was always a bit partial to this one.

Where are the car doors

how the fuck does that thing turn

Cut out the middle fin and make the tips on the side wings extend futher backwards.

Bat-teleport.

I want a Batman/Transformers crossover.

That comes later.
I was thinking of segmenting the roof and having it function like an armor plated convertible.
Batman always jumps into his car anyway.
How are these fins?
They're a bit subtle like the ones I initially had but more pronounced. And I added a small rooftop fin but I'm not sure it's producing the proper visual.

I wanna fuck that car. That is a beautiful car.

>those engines
Literally just a plane on wheels.

Dont want to offend you man, but i cant stop seeing Chester Cheetah face.

Dawg this is garbage. It looks like it was deigned by a toy company to force into one of the shitty Batman cash in cartoons. You'd be better off trashing that frame all together and starting with something more simple.

Batman Beyond Batmobile

Very good fins, but the one over the hood looks a little odd. Bring back the shark one I think. Also, I like your idea for how he jumps into the batmobile.

I think making the shape of the hood more angular might help with throwing off the chester the cheetah look.

Bat-corner repelent

None taken. I've been trying to figure out how to make it less like a face throughout.
I think removing the middle segment on the windows helped a bit.
It already is a fairly simple model. It takes time before I can move on to tightening up the edges and things or It will be an unmitigated mess of polys.
I'll try that out.

>How are these fins?
Not defined enough. The side fins are too short, and the middle fin looks lmore like a Mohawk than a fin. Tighten the base of the fins on the sides and give the middle fin more of a swept back look. If you're going full fin, go full fin, it should look like a bat wing. If you're not going full fin, refine it to more like a car fin look.

That just looks like someone pinched a clay model of the car fin look awkwardly in a few places.

Not including BTAS, I like this.

The middle of the front hood looks godawful and the entire vehicle bulges funny.

Keep up the good work, maybe supersmooth the surface, dunno only played with 3dmax, i use Revit since i work in construction desing. Not much of a modeler.

That looks really fucking goofy viewed in profile.

Where is the drawing of the 2011 Tec one? That looks awesome in profile

I like to think this is what Golden Age Batman "actually" drove.

nah, that would be it's so utterly useless as a military vehicle nobody would ever even make a prototype, let alone a full-scale preproduction model

it's just the Burton one with the detail taken off to make it easier to animate

/Thread

I like the ducted jets for the engines. something that could be covered up with shifting plates. And the retractable fins.

Works with those that say "why not just have a sports car" Which he actually did for part of the Blue and Grey years.

This is the main reason why Batman beyond sucks.

Okay, so I fixed up the windows a bit so they conform more to the contour of the car instead of being a large flat surface facing right into the direction of highest air resistance as well as sharpening up some details, giving the hood some sharper angles and expanding the fins.

Without the wireframe.

>Batman beyond
wut?

what a beauty

Always wanted to know other peoples opinions, which of these two was the better looking Batmobile?

Batmobile I or Batmobile II

Did Snyder's run have a batmobile?
I always remember him using a motorcycle

Snyder? You mean nolan?
Yeah he had the tumbler.

What's with the topology? Especially the area above the front wheels. Fix that shit. Other than that, well done.

Scott Snyder.

The second one. I'm a sucker for long hoods.

She's even a one-of-a-kind prototype like most fictional Batmobiles too, built by a member of the Heinz ketchup dynasty who wanted to make his mark elsewhere, but passed away before they could put it into production. Top speed of 115 mph. In 1938. Gorgeous goddamn perfection.

It had a sort of bug-like appearance, if I remember correctly.
You can easily see it at the beginning of issue 51.

The side view surprisingly resembles Burton's Batmobile. It certainly is a good combiantion between tacticool and vintage.

It's like they squashed the burton version and tore off the hood.

I'm partial to this Alex Ross version

What's with the clitoris mounted on the front??

I likes my Batmobile like I likes my Batman:

Street level.

It renders fine and it works as it is.
I've laid out the topo properly where it matters, since the car isn't going to be twisted and bent.

The Speedwagon from the Lego Batman movie.

My problem with this design is it always looked too plastic. Almost like a Hot Wheels car

>Only the normal one from The Batman
>doesn't include the Supercharged one which looks more like the BTAS
Even if it was only made to sell toys, some of them looked great.

Gotta change that bulge in the front. I feel like I'm looking at a dick ready to burrs out of a banana hammock.

Maybe just slope it down a bit in the front to something.

not the best but certainly interesting

How are the front wheels connected to the car?

That doesn't really help. From what I'm seeing in the full pic, there's nothing actually connecting that wheel to the frame of the vehicle unless it's using "magichnology"

Third

Second

Pictured is the greatest Batmobile of all time. OF ALL TIME.

No this is best batmobile

Imagine if that was an actual open world and had served a purpose.

There's enough open world in the game.

Huh, y'know that design really is vastly improved by removing the giant fin. I get they were trying to evoke the old-school Batmobiles, but I always thought that shit was ugly even as a kid. Taking it off emphasizes how low to the ground the car really is and makes it look faster and fiercer, IMO.

it's a hubless wheel
youtube.com/watch?v=UHoHAmrEbrk

What kind of drugs did they do in 1986 to birth that monstrosity?

>Built her during some nasty riots years back. The only thing that can tear through her hull isn't from this planet.