/who/ - Doctor Who General

Epic meme edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gdUqHe2Wlhc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for based Bradley Walsh

What are all the NewWho eps with loads of Daleks? S1 finale, S4 finale, the 50th, S9 opening, what else?

All good, I didn't mean to sound defensive either! And yeah, Doctor Who's ever-changing nature is absolutely the key to its success and longevity.

Lmao is that real??

Second for CGI Harnell

who's the best companion and why is it fitz

Has the broadcast date of the Christmas Special been announced yet?

No he is not

ummm excuse me?

Yeah, 25th for TV, 27 for cinemas in the UK I think.

don't deny the truth

>Lmao is that real??
I can officially confirm that it is, in fact, real.

>Lmao is that real??

Yes. it's also true

Latest rumour states it's somewhere at the start of February, but that's from the Daily Mirror so take it with a pinch of salt.

NuWho best companion was the dude from Dalek and The Long Game. I still remember all the Davros theories that came from those episodes.

You'll never know what memes might have been of my hand before I started tripping ;)

I'm sorry you're living in such a state of delusion with your fake Damon Albarn companion.

Never actually gotten to Fitz so I couldn't really judge
Still nobody can be better than her.

If it turns out to be Jodie and Walsh, who or what would you like the possible third companion to be? Human/alien/robot/male/female/young/old? Any specific person in mind for the role?

Your Crisps, Please.

Walsh's character's daughter - Chibnall loves ensembles and families and it would be a neat new dynamic

Twink twink twink twink twink

In honour of the thread's theme...

Wow, that would actually be really comfy. I hadn't thought of that dynamic before.

Twinkanon? Is that you?

Left or Right?

>After a bit of thinking, New Doctors, for the most part (not counting Ninth Doctor) are boring character, they are made to be this perfect, god like man, lonely, they will find a way out of every situation without much work.

>Thus there is no tension in the story.

Is he right?

No.

Maybe played by Charlotte Beaumont, she's young and Chibnall worked with her for years with Broadchurch. Pic related is my very professional mock-up of this TARDIS team!

Left and then right ;)

I'd like something like that. Personal niggle there for me is that I was very pro-Marshall back in the day and I love Death in Paradise. And when Marshall left, he was replaced by a new detective who's daughter also plays a big role in the series.
Seeing Jodie in the TARDIS with an older man and his daughter would be great to see, but it would also be a constant reminder of DiP and my hopes and dreams for the Marshall era.
Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind Jodie.

I think it would be refreshing to have at least one full series without a 20-something "something for the dads" character. Jodie as the Doctor, Walsh as an older man through which we see the wonders of the universe (the basic companion role), and if they put in a third person, either make it his wife, or someone who's more experienced with space/time travel. Two companions discovering the universe with Jodie, both with different experiences and thoughts about it all. Walsh as a grumpy old man feeling young again by seeing new worlds, the other companion perhaps an alien or android helping Walsh cope when Jodie's too busy keeping them all alive.
While typing this I just realised I want another Matt Lucas in there.

First one, then t'other.

>Damon Albarn
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

it's okay, once you finally get around to reading his stuff, you'll see the light

That'd be pretty cool, actually. Although, do you think that sort of set-up might foster the idea of Thirteen as a sort of maternal figure? See, I don't have any problem with that as a concept, because the Doctor's always been a paternal figure in general—either to his companions or the random side character of the week—and it makes sense to me that that sort of thing would carry through, because it's been present in most (if not all) regenerations in some form... so why not? But then you get the problem that people might not take that well, because they'll be like "oh, just because she's a woman now, she has to be a mother?!" when... you know, the Doctor's always been fatherly (or, indeed, grandfatherly) over the course of his life. I feel like, in showing that side of her, they might be treading on eggshells, even though it's a rather fundamental aspect of the Doctor's character—the whole "duty of care" thing, and all. Because if they show a motherly side to her, you could get backlash from both sides: the ones against the female regeneration pointing at it and ridiculing it, lauding it as a reason that the Doctor should never, ever have become a woman (despite his displays of almost familial love before)... and the ones in support, getting angry that she's being shoved into a supposedly regressive stereotype, even though that wouldn't be the case.

I suppose I'm just making up trouble before it ever arises, but it's something to think about, and especially in the context of a father/daughter duo being her companions. It'd be really easy for her to occupy a specific role in that dynamic that could get people riled up in some way.

And, for the record, it goes without saying that my default perception of a female Doctor is not "motherly," because obviously she'll be so much more than that.

I'd really like that too.

>a constant reminder of DiP and my hopes and dreams for the Marshall era
One day, he shall come back, user.

I have seen the light McGanon! You shall not bait me with that companion for I know the truth! I know watersports = good time

let's say your a companion
The Doctor has managed to capture the master
what's your next course of action?

>kill the master yourself
>convince the Doctor to do it
>nothing

lmao what type of theories were there about him?

You might hold a candle for it but eventually the Marshall stuff will only be as remembered as the James Nesbitt 11 in Journey's End stuff will be (not at all beyond a footnote with some fans), I think it'd wash away for you eventually, but who knows if it will even happen at all!

I agree a series without a young woman would be interesting in NewWho, but it's not something I really am pushing for the way I know some anons are.

I think worrying about how people might react to 13 doing something or other is pretty much a fool's game, we don't know what will happen and fussing over other people's reactions is pretty useless anyway. It reminds me of the "muh ratings" folk, and I'd much, much rather the show did something that pissed people off then got cancelled, rather than just trod along the same as ever for decades.

That too, I don't think it'd be that gendered anywho.

I'm pretty sure killing the master would just make him/her angry.

Do nothing.

Why are there so many desperate Krisfags still floating around here? They probably should have vanished by now.

>we will never get this

Convince the Doctor to let you play with him in the sex dungeon and afterwards he can do whatever he wants with him. Gonna try really hard if it is Derek Jacobi.

Would be very very comfy, but realistically no father in their right mind would let their daughter travel with the Doctor

Would this be a GOAT TARDIS team?

Why is it gone forever? I'm sad.

Aussie Doctor when?
You may be a Doctor, but I am the Doctor, the aboriginal, you might say

Multiple parental figures have encouraged companions to journey with the Doctor before, like Wilf and Brian, and who knows what 13 will be like

But if you were traveling with the Doctor, getting yourself into mortal danger every other day, you'd be a shitty parent to say "Hey, my daughter would love this!"

I just love the guy. Hope he does some new acting stuff soon.

Still can't remember his name. Matthew or something, I dunno. In that episode The Long Game, he got some surgery done by some alien cyborgs that gave him a third eye that was blue and really reminiscent of Davros. Episode ends with the Doctor leaving him at his home and the character's mum walks in on him and sees the crystal-blue third eye. Couple weeks later we got the series finale trailer and you didn't see anything but you heard a Dalek/Davros voice saying "THEY SURVIVED THROUGH ME!"
Internet was flooded with theories about Matt/Adam/whoever being the big bad, turning out to be Davros. I miss those days.

I don't think Marshall will ever get the job, but I liked imagining him as the Doctor. As I, and others, countlessly said, Marshall's character in Death in Paradise was really Doctor-esque. He would've made a great Doctor. But again, I'm all for Jodie and I can't wait.

Who knows what Chibnall will be interested in?

Do you think Wilf and Brian were shitty people?

You live a life of lies, user... One day, although perhaps not today, you will realise this. And finally accept Fitz as the true best companion that he is.

True, true. I don't actually care for people's reactions... though I guess my long-winded speculation there doesn't do much to support that statement. I love the show on an individual level, so how others feel about it really doesn't affect my personal perception. I just like to think about things, that's all.

But, you're right: it's better for the show to be innovative and stick its proverbial neck out, rather than wear itself down and get stuck doing the same old, same old for years just because it's "safe." To hell with the folks that'd get mad, just give us the walshkino, BBC.

That was my point, though! Maybe I didn't word it very well. I just meant that despite the Doctor always having been a parental figure, it might now be viewed under a different lens with Jodie's casting. Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me, but alas.

S11 when??

His name was Adam I'm pretty sure and that sounds amazing. It's hilarious how out there some theories get

No, but knowing the mortal danger that they get into on a daily basis they're not the best parents/grand parents

literally never. show's already cancelled. pack it up, lads, who is over

>god like man

>man

Seriously, that's not true. Or at least, if it is true, it's been true since the Seventh Doctor era, and arguably the Fourth Doctor era.

>Thus there is no tension in the story

The companions help fix that.

Part of the themes in the 12th Doctor's era is just how fallible he can be.

I agree that having 13 act motherly could be a big issue, although of course the Doctor is somewhat parental.

Why not have both Clara and Fitz?

But...

>Why not have both Clara and Fitz?
My god, Immigrant, you're onto something here.

it can't be..........

Wow, S26, Chibnall's really planned things out!

Yeah it was Adam. It was great seeing all those theories at the time. Harold Saxon/The Master was already predicted by about episode 3 into the third series.

>we will never get full-season classic box sets

The mental gymnastics that only-Classic-is-canon fans make to say that NuWho is non-canon is amazing.

You'd think it'd be simpler for them to just stop watching the goddamned show if they're that upset.

Is season 11 one of the most underrated or what? The weakest is Monster and it's just really an overlong serial. What's good in it is still pretty ok.

Oh really? Were there any leaks/releases saying that the Master was going to be in the finale or did people just guess?

And what are some other totally insane theories people had?

Maybe a lewd fic? With some art courtesy of our good friend Edge_Lord_Victorious?

I remember that, the reveal in Utopia was still so great

Yeah it's got some great stuff

Harriet Jones as the Supreme Dalek was a fucking hilarious actual theory back in the day

Umm, try again sweetie...

It could be an excuse to rerelease the show on Bluray. Fit all of a season on 1 or 2 discs with all of the existing extras and the nerds will eat it up.

What would be the point of releasing any serial besides Spearhead on bluray? They're already released at the highest quality they can be

The only classic episode they can release on Blu-Ray is Spearhead from Space as it was recorded entirely on film.

inb4 people bring up the TV Movie blu-ray - it's just upscaled. The movie was shot on film and theoretically could have a proper HD transfer, but all the special effects were rendered at standard resolution, so rather than redo all that, BBC just upscaled the existing release for a bluray.
There's also a sea of issues with the movie's framerate...it's a mess.

>Harriet Jones as the Supreme Dalek was a fucking hilarious actual theory back in the day
kek please elaborate

The higher storage capacity seems reason enough, unless I'm a retard who doesn't understand blurays. Seems like easy cash to just resell what they've already got in more convenient packaging.

I'm just desperate for Region 1 reprints. PLEASE WORLDWIDE.

Where's cover user? Delivery for him.

do you want me to have a fucking aneurysm

Both me
Thanks! Gonna update the album now.
Today you woke up to the mention of McGann, Now you shall sleep to the Fitz fic!

Should I write it?

Ooh! You could write a (maybe romantic, not necessarily lewd) fic from Fitz's point of view, and I could write one from Clara's point of view.

You can probably find forums talking about it if you google around with the time setting, but basically there were 2 theories I remember, one was that in the s4 finale it would be revealed that the Supreme Dalek was Harriet, the other was that the Daleks took Harriet from her house in S4 and she'd come back as the Supreme Dalek in later episodes. It was absolutely insane. People were analysing tiny set leaks that she was in the finale to high heaven.

Ooh love the cover!

Higher storage makes sense, just stick the entire season on there, pretty sure the beebz earns more money from selling them separate though

Delet, why?

NO! It has to have at least some lewd in it.

FUCK, stop replying to the deleted post. I had to fix something. And do not dare point out that I could've just removed the file.

Take this one instead, please.

Yes! I'd like to read something like that. but pls spare a thought for my poor eight/fitz heart

th-thank you, neo

i explain, is all good

;)

No leaks or releases at all, except that all the episode titles were known before the series started, and the finale was titled Last of the Time Lords, which probably helped with the theories. As well as the Face of Boe saying you are not alone. After Gridlock people realised Mister Saxon was an anagram of Master No. Six.
To be fair, fans had experience at that stage after the whole Doctor Who/Torchwood anagram thing.

>Harriet Jones as the Supreme Dalek was a fucking hilarious actual theory back in the day
Great example of one of the insane theories circling about back then.

I can't completely recall, but I think there was a hint in the Library two-parter that fueled that theory, but I can't remember what it was. Turned out to be dogshit in the end, and I recall thinking it was very baseless in the first place. Something River said to Donna, or something Donna read in a book or something.

Kek okey gonna take this one. or maybe the first one ;)

insult hell bent and neo be like

>Mister Saxon was an anagram of Master No. Six.
Mother of god, never even realized that, that's genius even though it doesn't work anymore since BF retconned more Masters in and Delgado was technically 13th

let it be known by all that there was a slight brown line on mcganon's cover

n-no, user... don't do this to me. my audio is full of fuck-ups, at least let the cover be deceptively good

you all exist to torment me

guys
guys im fucking crying
turn on patreon right now
oh phil :'(

It made sense at the time, and like I said, people realised RTD's boner for anagrams from Torchwood/Doctor Who, so they were looking for clues. And again, the finale title being known from the start helped a lot.
RTD realised this and made kept the finale titles for S4 secret until they aired.

Even if he didn't, you couldn't really gather that much from them, even if you could guess that it would have the Daleks since it's RTD

True, what was it? The Stolen Earth/Journey's End?
Then again, S4 was full of references to planets disappearing, stars going out, and...bees disappearing. Just under half of the episodes were about aliens losing their planet (Pyroville), which could lead to people thinking The Stolen Earth would be about, well, the Earth being moved/transported. Wouldn't have predicted much of the plot though.

Also they teased Rose returning in Partners and then brought back Martha for 3 episodes. People should've known that the finale was going to have everyone involved.

Oh McGanon...

n-no why do you say that? it makes me nervous

Why u delet? =( I thought it was endearing. I agree the message behind that speech would fit a regen too, or heaven forbid, the actual death.

you made me nervous! i felt like i was missing out on some big cosmic joke at my expense

here, i'll link the video again:
youtube.com/watch?v=gdUqHe2Wlhc

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to =) Here's a young Magorium to make up for it

Speaking of Dustin Hoffman movies with Who-related vibes, Stranger Than Fiction is a sweet movie with a big focus on time and meta stuff

Can you guys just get a room and fuck already? The flirting and the thirst is making me ill.

So Jodie and Walsh. We need another comic relief. Who's your choice? And don't say Matt Lucas.

Aw I think it's sweet, I like reading the two of them talk :)

This is friendly banter, not thirst, user.

I wouldn't call it thirst, but I do think it's cute, from both of them.

Why doesn't Walsh count as the comic relief?