Childhood is thinking Raymundo was a jerk for grounding Otto for two days on Beach Break

Childhood is thinking Raymundo was a jerk for grounding Otto for two days on Beach Break.

Adulthood is realizing Raymundo was right, and Otto was a punk for shirking his job at the Shore Shack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ui4G4HvqkaY
youtube.com/watch?v=9J05ah8DgFs
youtube.com/watch?v=QT_eQEuPscE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I unironically love this show, god it was so 90's Xtreme. That's what made it so good.

Sure my friends were never that radical, but we did act like Otto and his friends sometimes.

>777
Praise kek

Yeah, too bad the extreme culture died after 2006 or so

Now, you barely see kids playing outside anymore

Childhood is thinking how funny it was that Raymundo wore the bucket hat because he was bald.

Adulthood is realizing how smart he was for doing that.

Was I never a child if I always thought that Otto was a shit and Ray was right? Or was I just a good kid?

Latter

Most everyone seemed to have hated Otto though, so you're not really alone

All the kids sucked. Squid in particular was like a walking pro-bullying ad. Only Ray and Tito were likable.

I would have enjoyed the show if it was just about those two running their restaurant and dealing with tourists.

What about Reggie? She was cute

This show gets some high-tier parodies.
youtube.com/watch?v=9J05ah8DgFs

Twister did nothing wrong

She was kind of bland. Like, Otto was pretty insufferable with his in your face personality, but at least he had personality. As the cool straight man female voice of reason of the group, Reggie was mostly sort of boring and forgettable.

Remember that time Otto invented a game and everyone was having a great time, but he got beat so he kept making rules so he'd always win? A line I distinctly remember was "It's only fun if I win at it."

Remember when Twister got really good at Luge, and Otto got mad that he beat him, even saying "I forgive you" to twister for winning so much?

Remember when Otto rocket forced Sam to play hookie with him, claiming it was a "snow day?"

Even as a child I did NOT like Otto Rocket. In fact I kind of wanted him to break his neck in an accident.

No one ever liked Otto, not even Back when the show was airing

Alright Sup Forums, anyone wanna recommend me their most hated episode of this show for me? I actually remember liking this show as a kid, so if anyone wants an opportunity to take a shit on someone else's nostalgia glasses, please help me by giving me the most horrendous episode of this shit show!

The ones this guy mentioned might be worth trying.
They are Total Luger, Snow Day, and Game Day.

even as a kid I wanted to slap Otto's shit

Poster of here

Special mention also goes to that time Otto went surfing in a fucking hurricane even though his dad was screaming at him not to surf in a fucking hurricane.

she likely grew up to be a tumblrina

Was their mother dead or just absent?

I TOOK HER OUT
IT WAS A FRIDAY NIGHT

The one where they do skateboard moves.

You don't make it big by being a pussy

Adults sympathize with adults, children sympathize with children. Surprising.

Every Reggie episode was GRRL POWER and it got old fast.

Dead

In the TV movie finale "The Big Day", he gets married again, to a Polynesian girl

I didn't even like it as a kid, so I can't remember most of it. The one that sticks out in my mind as being the best example of why Otto was a shit that deserves a Darwin award is the one where he decides to go surfing during a hurricane. Like, if you were one of those kids that thought Otto was cool and sympathized with him those times when Ray told him not to be stupid and he went and did it anyway, then you need to rewatch that one.

I probably do too, actually. Haven't seen the show in forever but holy shit do I remember how was Otto an idiot in that one ep.

Learning later after the show ended that Otto and Reggie's mum drowned to death in a surfing related accident makes me feel for Ray's feelings in that ep even more and makes Otto seem like an even bigger shit (and also makes it feel a bit weird that the writers didn't have anyone bring it up in the ep, but I guess they hadn't fully decided to hammer out that detail in the continuity at that point). Ray deserves a lot of credit for ever letting his kids go in the water at all after everything he'd been through.

I remember one where the gang, for some insane reason, decided to "sled" around the kitchen with chocolate syrup.

Like, I don't fucking understand it. What were they thinking? Chocolate syrup? Sledding? Messing up a kitchen? Jesus christ WHY.

>That episode where they got sand in the potato salad

>for some insane reason
It was probably just because they children. Kids do weird as fuck things sometimes and it's not always easy to trace back the logic.

This. I would have loved the fuck out of this show if it just starred Ray and Tito.

>kids, these days

What, do you want Sup Forums to be populated by young people?

>Rocket White Power

Is the fish taco shaped like a fish?

Kids still skateboard, are you fucking stupid?

BEEF

Ray was the best chracter of the show, the end of the hurricane episode all the shit, Otto apologies for trying to be like the dumb fuck Rhino and Ray goes like "Oh, don't worry kids me and Rhino have a little chat about being responsable adults" the camera cuts to Rhino with his head buried in the sand

I forgot what thread I was in for a second and thought you were talking about Otto Octavius and the Rhino.

I'd give her a dicking

>Ray goes like "Oh, don't worry kids me and Rhino have a little chat about being responsable adults" the camera cuts to Rhino with his head buried in the sand
that was wonderful, one thing I always liked about Rocket Power was that Ray managed to both be a responsible parent and generally avoided looking like a dick for doing so like a lot of other animated parents(probably helps that most of the time when he punishes Otto and/or Reggie it's for them doing something that is very obviously stupid and worth being punished for, other shows tend to not be as good about properly aligning the punishment and what they're being punished for)

that would be a good one for the draw thread

Ray is living the dream.
Owning his own food shack near the Beach location, got some fresh Polynesian puss, a side business being a repair man and equipment mover, and having Tito as a business partner and best friend.

I actually liked this shower, well, the earlier seasons at least. I think Otto got grounded in every other episode though

What makes the earlier seasons better? Are you telling me the whole show isn't just a samey hunk of mediocrity?

Shouldn't you be yelling at them to get off your lawn?

I remember the time the squid totally beefed it.

i fucking hated this show because there was no park or beach by me

god damn i loved that theme song fucking devo

Childhood is thinking Otto is a asshole

Adulthood is realizing Ray went easy when punishing him.

Any grown man who goes by "raymundo" is probably a douche

wait do retards actually ever take otto's side? that guy was a complete asshat all the time. the show is basically otto acts like a cunt, people tell him not to act like a cunt, he does it more, he gets his shit pushed in, and he apologiezes, wiggidywiggidy roll credits. the only thing decent about this shit was that its basically the same show as mlp in formula.

His name is actually Raymond but his kids call him Raymundo for some reason

Actually adulthood is not caring about children's cartoons.

Because he's Raymundo cool.

Even when I was a kid I thought Otto was a punk.

I felt obligated to like him because Twister was a retard, Reggie was boring and no-fun-allowed most of the time and Squid was a dork.

Otto certainly did his best to be as unlikable as possible in nearly every episode.

shoobie doobie doo

>not just shaving it
>not getting a JJ Jameson flat top before then

bump

This show would have been great if it focused just on Ray and Tito running the Shore Shack and telling old surf story flashback sequences to regulars Twister and Squid with no Reggie or Otto.

Those two were annoying.

Seven whole days, baby!

>Childhood is thinking
Stop.

IS THE FISH TACO
SHAPED
LIKE A FISH

I always wanted to try tripe
is it good

Word. I would have beaten that kid.

Instead, he broke his leg.

IT'S TIME FOR A FUCKING

It can be if cooked right, if not it just taste like shit

Wait Raymoundo and Tito we're actors in the '70's right?
I remember that being brought up in an episode.

Does it really taste like salty marshmallows?

His name's Ray (or Raymond) and it's pretty clear that he doesn't call himself that, the people AROUND him do. It's just a nickname.

>grounding Otto for two days on Beach Break.

YOU LIVE ON THE FUCKING SHORE
EVERY DAY OFF IS "BEACH BREAK"

MAGNETIC FORCE, ROCKET BOY

>this thread

>75 Posts
>54 posters
>No "the ancient Hawaiians said"

Sup Forums I'm disappointed

That made the video

>every show about radicool xtreme kids or kids that are "hip" and "with it"
>the parents are the most likable characters without the show even trying to portray them as such

Why do they allow this?

Because radical kids are annoying

Also Reggie as a daughter, who will probably grow up to be a bombshell

>Ray and Tito running the Shore Shack and telling old surf story flashback sequences to regulars Twister and Squid

Man that would be cool, remember the episode were squid learn to surf with Tito, all his friends are teasing him about how he dosen't know how to surf, Tito bring him to the beach one morning and explain to him how to surf and give him his own surfing board and tell him to have fun

Question: I remember seeing an episode with the designs in the intro. Was that the pilot or something? Otto had an earring for whatever reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=QT_eQEuPscE

Screw that, I fucking hated Otto, even as a child. How many times that stupid little shit would go surfing in a storm or some stupid bullshit like this, and then the end of the episode would be them having to go and save him.
He was bald? Fuck, I never noticed

Don't forget when that Jamaican guy became a teacher, and Otto/Twister decided it was a license for them to be shits at school.

There was that time that Otto didn't rat out Reggie, even though they both fucked up the kitchen, but it's not enough

>Raymundo's freaking french toast stick chin
Christ, Klasky Csupo's art style does not age well.

Probably because on a good day, half of the main cast are shitbags.

me too. but my dad was always telling me to work hard even as a 7 year old.

But this specific beach break involved skating tournaments and live concerts from popstars, and a chance for Otto to boost his social status

You mean a short cut?

HOW TO FIX ROCKET POWER IN 6 EASY STEPS

1. Make Tito and Ray the focus of the show
2. Make Twister a secondary character who often comes to the Shack for good food and advice
3. Keep Sam around if only for balance's sake and giving Twister another kid to talk to
4. Otto and Reggie do NOT exist in this universe.
5. Tito's nephew can show up, he was cool.
6. Keep most of the side characters around, like Stimpleton and Eddie the Prince of Netherworld.

Instant classic.

But kids probably wouldn't want to watch that, unless you made Tito and Ray "hip" and "cool"

that sounds so good
was Reggie's zine Sup Forums material?

beach break is basically the US Surf Open in Huntington every year
BMX, skating, used to have concerts and mad sponsors
its really awesome and so many hot girls for a teenage kid to look at

Prety much these,they would just work as new adult show make for the kids who watch the show, like grow up otto being like Ray giving advice to kis to not be a dumb asshole like him or Squid giving confidence lesson to the kids considering his future he becomes huge

remember that old tom and jerry cartoon where jerry rips wires out of a refrigerator and sticks them into a puddle on the floor, freezing it and leading to an ice skating episode

why would that be a benefit for the father

Love it already.

I always imagined tripe to be a bit like chitlins (or chitterlings, if you prefer), in that it's all in how you prepare them. My father once told me of a family member who cooked homemade chitlins, but they weren't cleaned well enough and when they were fried the house literally smelled like hog shit.

Likewise. And I will always be grateful for that.