Why is this entire scene such kino?

Why is this entire scene such kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=dijVbM9DpxU

HE HAS NO STYLE

They just don't make them like this anymore :(

This was before HD and weird movies looked a lot better. If they redid this scene today it would look like a wierd ass apple store with too much glare, kinda like I robot.

kek

The joke went on for way too long.

Naw

cause of rip torn...

that is all.

this movie is from before marvel calculated the exact timing for effective but forgettable jokes, so, yes, its overdone, but still, it doesnt hurt.

What was he trying to do with the pencil before he broke it?

He was opening the booklet. It was sealed.

So the test was actually who had the common sense to use the table right?

Yes. Question is why trained military men wouldn't think of it.

Tables are for pussies

They wanted someone who was open to thinking outside the mainstream.

Though Jay was talking shit at the firing range test he was right about everything he said.

>Though Jay was talking shit at the firing range test
He literally nailed it

That Michael Jackson cameo was sick.

Why aren't there cool black guys in movies anymore? Some whiny niggers instead.

The stuff he said at the firing range was all bullshit though. The only thing it showed was that he had very good/quick observational skills, and was witty.

All the stuff he said though was basically a big "Fuck you" to the guys in charge, not literally explaining his logic.

>I CAN BE AGENT M!

Because there are like three of them and they're all too old now. The dysgenics of the last generation turned black breeding practices into a race to the bottom, so there won't be any more.

Kek look at those whiteys blindly following the rules and being stupid. Based black men break the rules and are more creative so they deserve more the access to white wombs.

John Boyega is cool, I don't understand why people hate him.

lol no he is not
He's a fuckign chav

Because he participated in JJ ruining Muh Star Wars I guess.

This was honestly a great scene. Good physical comedy is so rare these days, writers let their quips do the work rather than giving actors and editors a chance to shine.

How can you possibly think that in a thread about Will Smith? He's not even close, literally just "generic black guy."

>rather than giving actors and editors a chance to shine.
One of the biggest problems with modern comedy is the over reliance on improv in movies by Apatow and his friends.

Fucking kino

>the subtle implication that he is an alien
Classy.

I Robot came out like 15 years ago, are you serious?

explain

Yes, that's what he said

You can't be serious. "HERE'S JOHNNY!" was an ad-libbed line and it is one of the most memorable lines in cinema.

that was MEANT to look creepy

Except he's applying for a job where he'll regularly interact with horrifying monsters who are really just peaceful immigrants, his judging them by their actions rather than their appearance is exactly what MIB would be looking for.

Forced too much as the 'next black actor'

By that logic Will Smith was forced. He's in a lot because he's good at acting. Same with Alden Ehrenreich.

>Gentleman, congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of Government training.

someone post that screen of all his whining about race in casting and shit

Except Will Smith is actually funny and has charisma. Boyega is a shit actor and has a shitter personality.

What have you seen Boyega in?

As anons have pointed out, the whole point of that scene was that despite the fact that Jay was just being a smart-ass cause he was fed up with the tests and thought it was dumb, he was *right* despite himself. He saw all these monsters and shit and thought it was some kind of dumb fucking joke, everyone around him is blasting away, so he goes, yknow what fuck you, you want me to shoot a stupid fucking target? I'll shoot the one that looks "suspicious!"

Despite the fact he was full of shit it pointed out he had noticed, despite the conditions and in a short amount of time, the various states of the figures, and they wanted someone who was observant.

Probably true, but the icing on the cake is that he goes on to meet aliens who are in fact like that.