How does /co feel about the DC Earth One books...

How does /co feel about the DC Earth One books? I read Batman and Superman when they first came out and was wondering if any of the other books were worth checking out?

Other urls found in this thread:

www74.zippyshare.com/v/4hYI7Fo8/file.html
www113.zippyshare.com/v/S2G9tJUQ/file.html
sendspace.com/file/ypmahz
www61.zippyshare.com/v/S411PsJb/file.html
www85.zippyshare.com/v/T1ctidZF/file.html
www74.zippyshare.com/v/hUZTLLaX/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Superman: Earth One is massively wasted potential.

Batman: EO I never finished, but it was better than Superman: EO.

Wonder Woman: EO is great.

Never read TT: EO.

Teen Titans is awful and the others are mediocre.

This is the only time I'll ever say the Batman version of something was better, but Batman Earth One is the bomb, way better than the others. Both volumes so far kick ass.

Superman Earth One is wasted potential like the above poster said.

Wonder Woman isn't good, but weird.

Teen Titans is boring and weird.

I liked Superman Earth One, all three volumns
Batman is pretty good
WW EO was hilarious in that typical Morrison way

WW EO is great, but if you aren't a Morrison fan it might not be your cup of tea.

Batman is great.
Superman is alright. Basically a better Man of Steel.
Wonder Woman is good, but really should have stayed All Star instead of becoming an Earth One book.
Teen Titans is shit.

All Star Wonder Woman was Adam Hughes' book, not Morrison's.

these books are fucking awesome and i always recommend it to whoever hasnt read it before. also, i think they are great books for whoever hasnt read any dc material before and wants to get into it. earth one is a fantastic beginner's series. my favourite things about tehse books are that they play out like movies, they are written taht way and there are a lot of cinematic elements to it.

superman earth one is the best out of all the ones released so far. its my second favourite superman story arc right after all star superman. its not as gr8 as all star superman, but tehre are a lot of emotional moments in there and its a very human story.

batman earth one is fantastic too. but if batman earth one is good, then superman earth one is great. still, a lot of good cinematic moments in there and its written in a way where u feel like you;ve sufferred along with bruce. the end of book 2 is fantastic tho, bruce gets rekt in the best way possible.

teen titans earth one is good, not as goos as superman or batman, but its a very fun story in the best kind of weird way. the first book, nothing rly happens but the story is good, but it picks up in the second book and makes up for shot not happenning in the first book.

wonder woman earth one is still good, but imo its the weakest of teh earth one series so far. its a fun story and keeps ur attention all teh way through, but its a lot like the first teen titans earth one book where the story is real good, but nothing rly happens.

hope this helps OP

Right, sorry. Just The Trial of Diana Prince than. Could have sworn there was talk of making it All-Star at one point. Either way it doesn't quite fit with Earth One.

Batman Vol. 3 when, Geoff?

I don't have an attachment to any version of the Teen Titans runs but if I did it would be the more classic Silver Age Haney one, so the people who are into Donna, or Raven/Vic, I'm like 'eh' - so I went into this just treating it like an Elseworld, which is what Morrison did with Wonder Woman (and I agree with this user ), it's pretty good.

I was disappointed in TT Earth One volume one because it reads like a typical Image trade. It's a mildly interesting SET-UP, for a hard cover price it's not a complete story, not even half-way complete.

So for that reason, I don't recommend it, UNLESS your library has it, I wouldn't spend cash on it.

Superman has three volumes and given what happened to JMS health-wise, it's unlikely there will be any more in THAT particular version. I liked the artist who did the first two, the change for the third was an improvement because he doesn't pose Clark and all the other major players, with that side-eyes/side ways facial expression). But otherwise, Shane David and the third book are graphically good. The user who compared it to MoS, yes, the first book has a lot of similarities to the movie that I'm surprised they didn't credit it as a source material except that JMS knows the business and would have expected a payment unlike Waid who has a crappy agent, crappy underlying contract.

I like the EO Superman but I don't like some of the choices JMS made wanting to change him up and make him his own.

The Batgod books were hystericals unless you're into Batwank like all other batfags.

>Teen Titans is boring and weird.
WAS LEMIRE ON DRUGS?

They feel pointless.
They were supposed to be an alternative to the casuals but soon after Superman Vol. 1 the New 52 happened. The Earth Ones take a forever to come out too.

Superman - Earth One Vol. 1 (2010) (digital) (Minutemen-PhD)
www74.zippyshare.com/v/4hYI7Fo8/file.html

Superman - Earth One Vol. 2 (2012) (Hul-konnen-DCP)
www113.zippyshare.com/v/S2G9tJUQ/file.html

Superman - Earth One Vol. 3 (2015) (webrip) (Windbreaker-DCP)
sendspace.com/file/ypmahz

Teen Titans - Earth One Vol. 1 (2014) (webrip) (Ol' Joe-DCP)
www61.zippyshare.com/v/S411PsJb/file.html

Batman - Earth One Vol. 1 (2012) (digital) (Minutemen-PhD)
www85.zippyshare.com/v/T1ctidZF/file.html

Batman - Earth One Vol. 2 (2015) (webrip) (Worldbreaker-DCP)
www74.zippyshare.com/v/hUZTLLaX/file.html

Keeping in mind that I only read the first vol of each:

Superman was was dreary and took too long to do anything, and suffered from some of the same problems as Snyderverse but I still found it enjoyable.

Wonder Woman I enjoyed more as an analysis of and vehicle for feminist ideas than an actual story.

Batman was retarded as hell and to this day I'm struggling to see why people like it.

I like the Teen Titsns one and I normally think they're boring

I've only read WW. Are vol 1s of every character just origin stories?

I like Wonder Woman and Batman. Superman is a mess.

Casuals and people not familiar with batman, there's so many books with rookie batman that by comparison earth one is shit, but in its own is a decent book with a decent story regardless of how much you can tell Johns doesn't like batman.

Considering it's a starting point to a new earth, yes.

It's more like ACT 1 of an else world than anything else. In this case, I think it was more about getting back to some of the Golden Age roots of the character, which hasn't really been seen in Rebirth or New 52.

Superman > Wonder Woman > Batman

I don't like batman and i really like JMS so keep that in mind

Volumes 2 and 3 of EO Superman are decent.

But Volume 1 is I think the worst Superman comic I've ever read in my life.

It's basically take all the stuff people complain about from Man of Steel, and then add in the idea of him running around town WITHOUT the glasses disguise, pretty blatantly using his powers to impress people at interviews for really, really high profile jobs, like the fucking NFL.

And not one motherfucker puts two and two together.

Also, the villain's visual design is basically Edward Scissorhands. What the fuck.

Isn't he always?

DC fucked up making these Graphic Novels. They'd be better as ongoings. Waiting 2 years between volumes sucks.

See i loved the clark kent of it. Everyone here is focusing on the MOS part, which i sgree is there, but the clark kent part if far more prominent than any of those movies. And his Perry White is fucking great, I love how he keeps shooting down lois' s biased stories.

>I'm struggling to see why people like it

Some people are very confused and associate the Cereal King with some sort of mistake idea of quality

>took too long to do anything

This isn't the case for v2 and v3. The first one had to establish what was different about this Clark, so it makes sense it had less action and more set up. In general, ALL four of these series have a lot of characterizations, which makes sense for what they are. It's not like collecting an arc of an ongoing.

Okay sure...but most of the Clark scenes are those fucking no-glasses job interviews. It's maddening, I don't understand how a writer can possibly get the idea "Let's have Superman, with no disguise, try out for pro football using his real name, absolutely wreck everyone on the field...and then the next day he debuts in his Superman costume and is all over the news and NOBODY goes "I know that guy, that's Clark Kent! He was in here yesterday kicking all our asses!" and think it's a good idea.

JMS was going blind, not retarded. What's the excuse?

Supermans costume never made sense. So i just ignore it like it do the main comic universe. Cause you have to, he doesnt wear a disguise.

Also, regarding the Clark scenes and the MoS commonalities, I can't really stand anything where origin-era Clark is given the characterization "Didn't go to college, is an aimless drifter"

Like...at least he's still young in this and not in his fucking 30's...but "just walked in off the fuckin' street" is not how you get a job at a newspaper, and I want Clark to CARE about journalism.

Unfortunately, it seems like the only stories that even exist where Clark went to college are Birthright and American Alien.

Did he go to college in Byrne's MoS? I can't recall.

You realize there's a difference between that and, like, using superstrength to try out for pro sports?

Like even if you don't buy Kent's glasses as an idea, at least he's fucking living a low-profile life where the only people who know who "Clark Kent" is are the Planet staff, some of whom are in on the secret.

Whoever decided to give Superman to JMS, after the clusterfuck that was Grounded?

JMS did a great superman, twice cause his hyperion is great

He was probably given EO at the same time as Grounded.

I had a hard time getting into the first volumes of Superman and Batman, but got over myself in time to actually enjoy the second volumes. I should really reread them and see how I feel about them now. Wonder Woman was neat but felt more interesting as an exercise in writing than an actual story. I haven't read Superman volume 3 because these books take so long to come out I forget all about them, and I haven't read Teen Titans because I have never been interested in the Teen Titan.

I enjoyed Teen Titans Earth One.

Wonder Woman Earth One was very interesting but it was a weird read.I liked it but it was unusual..

He got the project around the time he signed the DC contract. You forget that people seem to take a long time to work on the Earth One books.

>Did he go to college in Byrne's MoS? I can't recall.

There was an issue of World of Metropolis that showed him applying to Metropolis University.

I didn't like Man of Steel but I have to admit, at least Snyder had Clark going around doing good deeds before becoming Superman. EO vol 1 only showed him trying to apply to jobs to support his mom before he became Superman.

> and then add in the idea of him running around town WITHOUT the glasses disguise, pretty blatantly using his powers to impress people at interviews for really, really high profile jobs, like the fucking NFL.

Yeah, it was something I didn't like in Byrne's Superman (Clark was a high school football player before becoming Superman) but now I look back more fondly at that because he only showed that while playing football in Smallville and not doing prominent job interviews where he shows off his powers.

Agreed, although that was probably a decision here by JMS, the Daily Planet stuff was pretty bogus.

>Byrne's MoS

Yes he did.

>Superman volume 3

It looks different because it's a different artist. But otherwise it's pretty much more of the same, so if you liked 2, I would check it out.

There probably won't be any more, at least not with the same writer. I suspect they might decide to do a Superman Earth One trilogy with another writer, picking this Clark up say later in his career or something else so it's not a direct continuation.

The writer had some health problems and even though he is now back at work, he's no longer doing comics/graphic novels.

The Superman books are great beside the retarded new story behind Krypton's destruction and the forgettable first villain.

>weird read ... unusual

You mean it was very Morrison

>hyperion

Which volume? Or was this just an arc?