Rick's depressed again

Look at this shit and tell me how you can't get depressed with this new generation of lol-so-randumb inspired Adventure Time cartoons. How! How goddamnit, I want to live in bliss like you faggots are doing.

youtube.com/watch?v=roMGdRkl-ds
youtube.com/watch?v=WuRkHfW8MaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AmdieHtgAjc
youtube.com/watch?v=njRH_EDfLpA

Look instead at what kind of animation we could have gotten now since 2012 if there wasn't an economic crisis in 2008, which was more of an excuse to outsource more shitty Flash and Toonboom animation to the phillipine chink chonks and vancouver canadians.

It makes me wanna lie to myself and believe that I'll revive in an alternate universe when I die. That's how depressed I am with this world, Sup Forums. Sweet merciful Christ why did I have to be born in a timeline where everyone makes shitty reboots of Star Wars and sells them off as good. I appreciate reboots, but not if they're written like trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkd5mYvKWig
youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64
youtube.com/watch?v=swIfJRpOyPs
youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIZ__WrY
youtube.com/watch?v=oTEB1oP3FQE
kickstarter.com/projects/antsylabs/fidget-cube-a-vinyl-desk-toy
kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens
kickstarter.com/projects/cyanideandhappiness/joking-hazard
youtube.com/watch?v=-TqfBEX6QtE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sweet God why did Legend of Korra had to be a flop just like Star Wars. Why does everyone write and direct like ass nowadays?

i would fight in a war against people who think tron uprising is a better show than adventure time

It is. You fucking faggot.

I would just grab my belt and whip your sorry underage ass till you grow scared and humble enough to respect your superiors.

So let me get this straight: Star Vs Forces gets 2 entire seasons of 18 hours of animation, but Princess Amethyst which actually looks good only gets 9 minutes. What's up with that.
youtube.com/watch?v=pkd5mYvKWig

Here's yet another quality animation we could have gotten over the slice of life Looney Tunes Show.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64

>it /needs/ to have amazing animation
Pic related looks like it was drawn by a child but that doesn't stop it from being good.
Amethyst just looks like generic weebshit.

>Tron, good
Just accept both are lame.

oh wow, they ride around on glowing bikes each episode, how enthralling

Goodbye.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

AE Titan together with Treasure Planet seemed to have used a similar animation style.
youtube.com/watch?v=swIfJRpOyPs

Counterpoint to OP
youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIZ__WrY
youtube.com/watch?v=oTEB1oP3FQE

Alright, first 10/10 got me to respond.

First, how much money did all of this cost? Animators need to be paid, equipment needs to be bought, and space rented out. That is only the tip of the metaphorical iceberg. A show needs a budget, the more TIME and EFFORT that goes into production means more MONEY is spent on it.
Unless you can magically shit out money, shit's expensive.

Second, CAN YOU SELL SHIT TO PEOPLE? Protip, ad revenue isn't this magic "BILLIONS OF DOLLARS" people think it to be. If no one wants to watch your movie, I don't care if it's the greatest thing on planet fucking earth, it won't last.

You pointed out Adventure Time, you want to know what Adventure Time has. FAST episodes, and ENOUGH Effort put in to make it passable. They can also SELL YOU SHIT. Did you notice the amount of shit AT was selling around the height of it's popularity?

Shit's hard, and it's not like everyone gets exactly what they want the first draft. Scripts go through dozens, upon dozens, of revisions and that's BEFORE corporate gets to look at it. When you've entered crunch time and you have to submit an episode in 12 hours. How things look take a back seat to GETTING IT DONE.

TL:DR
Shit costs money. Money does not grow on trees. No Sell Shit No Show. Episode = Good. No Episode = Bad.
I'm half dead asleep so reply fast or I might not give a shit anymore.

Also for reboots
Nostalgia fags are more powerful than you think
>It's not ma Star Wars.
You still bought a ticket and probabely encouraged fifteen other people to see it to just to see "how bad it is"

Why, you little twerp. Get out, you're sleeping in the dog house tonight.

We have, we have 6.4 million dollars spent on a goddamn toy cube and somehow we're living in a world where even first world countries are starting to starve to death. What the hell is wrong with this world. I'll just go back to watching my Futurama.

kickstarter.com/projects/antsylabs/fidget-cube-a-vinyl-desk-toy

The FUCK is wrong with this world.

kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens

kickstarter.com/projects/cyanideandhappiness/joking-hazard

So you have money to fund shit, but you don't have money to fund good stuff that would actually remain in history one way or another.

youtube.com/watch?v=-TqfBEX6QtE

Why can't the people pour the money animate this instead, Sup Forums?

OP you're comparing films, short films, and serialized television series. They're completely different formats.

>Clockwork Orange Gorillaz John Steed in: Star Wars
>Clockwork Orange Gorrilaz John Steed in: Blade Runner
>Tron
>A movie so badly received it killed the animation studio that created it.

You could raise your point with better examples for sure but I see what you mean. It would be great if we had better animated western features but sadly that costs money and making money is the name of the game, not producing quality.

I mean fuck, we lost Wander over Yonder to Star VS this year and you know for a fucking fact that WoY had better design, style and message. But Star is aimed towards a specific demographic and it got that so it lives. Don't make the mistake of thinking that we won't ever be subjected to the cheapest cartoons with the best rate of return. The animation industry has been min/max'd and quality lost.

This is what shit like kikestarter was SUPPOSED to be for. Someone would put down a five minute video of something that looked amazing, tell us how much they needed and we'd fund it and they would actually deliver.

Stop looking for hope in syndicated cartoons user. Down that path lies ever darker disappointment.

It never hurts to help.

>Rick's depressed again
>Look at this shit and tell me how you can't get depressed

Are you roleplaying?

>somebody mistakes design and animation for one another
People like you are the reason God doesn't talk to us anymore.

Just because you have shit taste does not mean we all have to suffer