Rewatching the sopranos

rewatching the sopranos

It's insane how good it is. It's almost 20 years old but still superior to anything that has aired since. I think twin peaks: the return and The knick are the only things that has even come close.

meh it's alright

but on repeated rewatches you start to see a lot of problems. It's still better than 99.9% of television but it's not the flawless product some people make it out to be. There are lots of dropped plots or nonsensical threads and themes. There are plenty of rinse and repeated plots. By season 3 the show starts losing its ground because the actress for Livia died. A lot of times they don't do much with the "antagonist of the year" (Richie, Ralphie, etc)

By season 5 they killed off so many characters they had to shoehorn in a hackneyed " a bunch of guys we've never heard of get out of jail at the same time and then people start acting like they knew them forever plot.

Season 4 in general is just a disaster (Ralph almost gets killed over a fat joke then gets killed over a horse, Fabio(Furio) falls in love with an aging house wife and then leaves the show altogether, Carmella "leaves" Tony but they get back next season anyway)

I'd say the season 1-3 are the peak of the show

Westworld

Gotham

Fundamentally incorrect and a outrageous misunderstanding of the show. Congratulations.

Agreed.

Television peaked with Deadwood IMO and then quickly turned into pandering trash.

Twin Peaks tried its best to save it this year though.

explain

babbies first hbo

Deadwood and The Wire are the two best shows in history.

Hell, even Rome is better than the Sopranos

You mean True Blood and Game of Thrones right?

Oh for crying out loud stop fellating The Wire. The start of the show was terrible and is the reason a lot of people dropped it.

Yes it became something amazing later on, but I’d still rank Sopranos, Mad Men, and Deadwood as higher Shows.

UUUUUUUGHHH MOMMMYYYYYY... MILKYYYYY

Start of the show? The first 3-5 episodes are slow, but after that it gets rolling. It definitely isn't slow, especially when you consider that a large number of Sopranos episodes are procedural

If I have to explain than you'd never understand

hahahahahhahahahajhhahuhasgubdhsfsvbahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaha

would Deadwood be enjoyable as a non-american? I don't know anything about your generals and your indians

holy shit boys take a look at those JUUUUGS

fuck off

Yes.

The first few seasons of Black Sails are good. I don't understand why it never gets the respect of other shows.

If you understand the words "fuck" and "cunt", you should be good to go.

cocksucker

You genuinely might need subtitles

one of the funniest shows ever

should have won an emmy for best comedy show

Thanks for replying to that

it all went downhill after livia died. you can tell it destroyed all their plans

Why have none of you cunts mentioned Hannibal yet??

Kinda went downhill a little but really picked up by season 6.
I thought AJ had a really amazing role in it as a "sensitive spoiled brat going through early adulthood existencial crisis". His scenes were some of the most powerful in the entire series to me. It felt like the natural progression of his earlier arc back when he discovered who his dad really was and went through that loss of innocence/teenage angst nihilism.

I love this post. It's so full of autism that I needed to post this.

Hahahhahahaa!

AJ was literally /r9k/ - the character.

>The start of the show was terrible

No it wasn't, I rewatched it recently with this same perception but the show hit the ground running, I was just slow on the uptake the first time. So much of it was new to me

>stop fellating The Wire

It's not a popularity contest, you fucking child

mmm yes true patricians level up to Game of Thrones

>tfw his father hates him because he is short, weak, and emotional

Not hate him. He's disapointed in him.

Why did you post Cowtits?
Don't get me wrong, I love Mrs.Cowtits, but why?

He said to Melfi in one episode he feels like he hates his son sometimes. Then mentions how short and weak he is, that he must have taken from Carmela's father.
Remember that Tony idolizes the "strong and silent type". Exactly the opposite of what AJ is.

Why is cowtits wearing that top that shows off her cowtits in the first place? It gets attention.

Yes I know but I don't think Tony actually meant "hate". Tony may be a psychopath and unable to feel things normal people can feel but his love for the closest family and animals is genuine and uncompromising.

Do you mean OP wanted me to look at tits instead of wanting to talk about the Sopranos?
Why? For what purpose??

Memepranos wasnt good

He at least partially hates AJ (mixed feelings). Especially the parts that remind him of his own weaknesses.
He always went on about how much he hates the "rotten Soprano genes".