Alan Moore

What is his most overlooked/underappreciated work?

Watchmen.

Supreme.

From Hell

The short story he did with Peter Bagge about the Kool Aid man, altough Sup Forums loves it whenever it is storytimed.

His suicide.

Tomorrow Stories or DR and Quinch.

Lost Girls

From Hell
A Small Killing
Shadowplay
Big Numbers
His Puma Blues story
Many of his short stories -- 10 of themof are collected in the recent Brighter Than You Think collection

His best short story of all time is The Bowing Machine.

1963 and Tom strong are the only things of his that I like.

This

a small killing

That's in the collection.
Supposedly racist and a better showcase of Mark Beyer.

Neonomicon

His Lovecraft trilogy in general.

Mostly because Providence is fantastic, but the baggage of Avatar Press style and Neonomicon will always be there.

i honestly dislike more than what i've liked from moore, that said Skizz is fucking great and yet even people who were reading 2000ad in the 80's dont seem to know about it.

>From Hell
It got a movie

Tom Strong

So?

I been reading Jerusalem, shit's insane.

The movie was literally just "i guess the royal doctor being the Ripper is a cool twist. Let's turn the whole thing into a gritty detective story and we're done"

In the comic it wasn't even a shocking reveal, we readers knew since the very beginning

Captain Britain is pretty fun, especially with how rough it starts and gets smoothed out over time.

A Small Killing or The Bojeffries Saga
Or that Time Machine Future Shock from 2000ad...amazing

Marc Beyer rules, I have that ish of RAW. Got the Agony reprint, too.
Not sure if I'd call it racist...

Promethea, because no one else in this board seems to like it.

I recently read Nemo and loved it. Complete turnaround from the slog that is Century.

Top 10 is the best

basically this ,
his Captain Britain run was fantastic.

Miracleman/Marvelman from Warrior in the 80's was good, later part wasn't great though.

Storytiming one of my favourites, the Glycon story from God Is Dead: Book of Acts. (The rest of that series really isn't worth it, but this stands out imho).

1/10

2/10

3/10

Bollocks. 3/10 for real this time.

4/10

5/10

6/10

7/10

Haha what the fuck is this?

9/10

The twist wasn't even a novelty. It was an old theory Moore used because it was a good excuse for disecting the Victorian society, what he really cared about.

10/10

This.

This whole comic is so meta I can't even.

Kek, I just realized the newspaper headline is "GUY SAYS SOMETHING".

This guy knows what's up, Supreme is the shit

Top 10 or 1963

His Future Shock from 2000AD are surprisingly really great. Actually surprised by how these short stories were entertaining.

Promethea

They are REALLY GOOD. What's the famous one called with Dave Gibbons, the Mad/Bill Elder homage where the guy ends up becoming his own grandfather? Time Cops?! That's a classic, hen you read it for the second time and really look at the panels...very cool stuff. Also remember enjoying the "tourist resort on the sun" story...so many good ones!

Oh, whaddabout Skizz and D.R & Quinch, too?! "something something oranges something"...fuck, that whole story still makes me laugh to this fucking day