Did Twilight kill the cool vampire?

Before the shitty movies by Melissa Rosenberg which adapted the already terrible novels by Stephenie Meyer, there's been a lot of awesomely cool vampire characters in movies, to the point that I can hardly imagine a cooler stereotype in fiction.

Twilight failed badly in it's trial to make the vampire thing something cool and young, and that Vampire Diaries shit show too along with it, but what's worse is that it seems that vampires basically became a taboo after that cancerous trend of "american teenage vampires", and no one actually tried to use them in new movies or shows anymore.

The only recent show with (cool) vampires is Castlevania, but that's only because all fucking normies are gaymers and "le xd if they make a show out of my classic videogay franchise I have to watch it to show how nerdy I am xD". No one would've done it without the credibility of being the adaptation of a shitty mainstream game saga.

What do you think Sup Forums? Would you like to see some cool vampires back on the scenes?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/genre/32/Vampire
youtube.com/watch?v=4DOKzTHaPfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still alive and well in anime. A lot of things Sup Forums complains about not existing are all over the medium.

myanimelist.net/anime/genre/32/Vampire

What We Do In The Shadows resurrected the genre.

Funny you posted an Interview with the Vampire pic, as I found this awesome Lestat painting on DA just yesterday

Btw yeah, I would like to see something badass with vampires, it seems a new Van Helsing movie is in production though, so let's hope it's good!

Seems fun but not exactly the traditional badass vampires. It only adds to the fact that their image has been ridiculed and the only way you can make a vampire movie is by making it demential.

Can you suggest a good one? I remember watching Vampire Knight but it was horrible, basically an anime version of Twilight...

Did you watch The Strain?

Yes and it wasn't bad, but it had the "monster" kind of vampire, not the pic related kind (a noble and mysterious man that's basically a human, with maybe even some relatable traits, but with a dark side coming from some kind of obscure past).

neat concepts, awful storytelling, finale was horseshit I wouldn't recommend it

>there are no cool vampires anymore

shiki.

it even has some bl in it

Vampires are gay shit for children.

Always have been, always will be.

>Grew up with twilight and knows nothing about the badass vampires

>never grew up

I dunno but Dracula Untold flopped right? So maybe.

Obvious one is Hellsing. Another one that is...interesting is Dance in the Vampire Bund.

The issue with Japan is they have their own vampire myths and they often mix western and eastern vampries together.

>Meyer
>Rosenberg
huh... I see a pattern there

Also kekkai sensen has some vampires but not the traditional ones

At least it was a lot better than Dracula 3D by Dario Argento... Don't even know why he made such a B-tier movie

If you care about "not looking like a child" it means you are one.

Just enjoy what you like.

Is that Lilith?

Is this loss?

>Worships edgy faggots of the night
>Not a manchild

>Spends his time getting triggered by vampire fans
>Not an autist

>a skateboarding iranian vampire girl
>guys where are all the cool vampires?

>iranian girl

lost me there

we need more films where vampires are villains. vampires are cool and all but vampire killers are cooler.

Fuck off plebbit. The first Twilight film is well liked here and so are the first three seasons of TVD. I suggest you go back.

gtfo roastie

doesnt van helsing have a tv series that started recently

The vampires in interview with a vampire are not cool. They look ridiculous. Count Orlock is a cool vampire, not tom cruise and brad pitt dressed like faggots.

I second Hellsing. But most of the Vampire anime are questionable in my opinion. Most of the time they're either not true to the lore (drinking blood, sun weakness e.t.c.) or the vampire bits are not the focus of the show like in the Monogatari series.

Jojo has cool vampires.

Kizumonogatari is entirely about vampires. I don't really like the movies, but someone who's a true vampire fan would probably think they are cool.

Interview with the Vampire made them beautiful, sensitive and homosexual. Which is probably how a refined supreme gentleman would be after hundreds of years. Twilight kept the beauty yet tried to make them more mythical and yet the gay connotation still stuck, when he clearly wasn't.

All either series did was to cater to female goth fatties and guys felt left out.

>refined supreme gentleman
Thats my new goal.
Later all,I've gots some suckin to do.

This is your new goal?

can't talk,sucking.

youtube.com/watch?v=4DOKzTHaPfM

tfw there will never be a legacy of kain movie

but yeah vampires lost their coolness and i def blame twilight for it

Vampire Hunter D is probably the best in the genre. And it's a lot grounded in familiar vampiric fiction, unlike Hellsing.

>can't appreciate the prehistoric and human-universal mythos of undeath
fag

Shiki is a great vampire anime, its a slow burner though.

Antonio Banderas was cool in that movie though. Also I'd argue that victorian gothic vampires are cooler than glittering faerie vampires anyday.

the coolest vampire

Based Carpenter

>implying she's not the best loli vampire of all time

>appreciating whiny edgelords

I'm so pissed at Eidos. I'm waiting for a glimpse of reboot 15 years now. The story left undone.

Great movie

having seen the leaked footage for Dead Sun I'm glad those fucking faggots haven't fucked it over yet. Sometimes dead is better.

fuck no dead sun wasn't a reboot. I want the original story, not that idiotic shit.

Amy Hennig, please come back.

>Louis, please. I just want to play with it!

screw them, what about werewolf

Twilight sucked but I would literally watched prime fuckable Kristen in anything, RIP

V:TM is kino table top gaming. Make your own story if there's no good ones.

Also Underworld Awakening and Underworld Blood Wars weren't really hurt by Twilight because sexy matrix vampires and weepy emo vampires don't touch on the venn diagram

are they any good werewolf movies besides American Werewolf?

heroic werewolf is more made sense than heroic vampir, what some movies about good werewolf besides underworld?

Twilight was big at the same time True Blood was big, which portrayed Vampires in a much more mature (albeit soap opera-ish) fashion.

Twilight didn't kill vampires because of its portrayal of them, Twilight helped kill them because they were oversaturated at the market. Vampire Diaries, True Blood and Twilight were all big within roughly the same time period.

Basically it suffered the same fate as zombies. Just too much fucking zombie shit out now for people to care about.

how does a werewolf become heroic if it's a mindless beast?

Fright Night with Colin Farrell friend. That's all I gotta say.

It's such a shame the Dark Universe is gonna be fucking AIDS and cancer combined, because I'd love to see some well made monster movies, particularly Jekyll and Hyde

More Victorian Era horror movies in general please
Pure fucking kino

there are plenty werewolves that can control themselves in fiction like in underworld

so more superhero shit

Blade is the only cool vampire. Maybe Kiefer from Lost Boys.

>Blade is the only cool vampire.

>Blade is the only cool vampire

I was wrong, he's cool too. And Nosferatu
and this guy

i admit

>Blade is the only cool vampire
Piece of shit movie, except for him.

I like most people never saw this, but Karl Urban is pretty good

It pretty dumb, but it has some fun action scenes. And Bettany works as a stoic action hero somehow.

The cool vampire will have his day again op. Just wait.

I want a sequel of them just doing random shit again.

This. People got burnt the fuck out of vampires since we had like a decade and a half of edgy sexy rave vampires movies.

The writing's pretty pretentious and the game tries to force the "woe is me, I'm a vampire", while everybody is playing vampire superheroes anyway

my niggas

Wolfman was OK imo