Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man

Who here remembers this gem? I was fairly late to watch it, but man oh man it is so good!

One of the best adult cartoons I've watched.

Just a bit of appreciation thread here!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=blppKS-nz9g
youtube.com/watch?v=sbZZKEJXz9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love it, got the whole thing on DVD. I wasn't too thrilled with the direction the show had taken later on so I wasn't too salty when/how it ended.

Yeah, latter seasons weren't on par. But I was surprised this kind of a cartoon had a decent amount of seasons. But so many issues they tackle are still up to date.

Jason-Alexander is the perfect voice for Duckman. This one is probably most known piece from the shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=blppKS-nz9g

i watched some episodes earlier this year. it's a very good cartoon:good animation, art style, dialogue, characters etc. but i couldn't get into it. it's kind of exhausting to watch. maybe because it's laden with monologues
or maybe im just retarded

Oh I know what you mean, for me it was like reading Stephen King. You feel a certain degree of repulsion, yet(as for me) I couldn't stop watching it.
It helped me survive some rough times.

GET YOUR DOWN DOWN
THRUST YOUR PELVIS HUH
THRUST YOUR PELVIS HUH

>dyslexic fireworks

I loved the detective antiques between Cornfed and Duckman, the family-trying-too-hard-to-be-the-new-simpsons was unnecessary

>only 10 episodes on kisscartoon
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I felt like this show didn't really know what it wanted to be. I did watch it, but the main character was intentionally unlikable. He was never really... right about anything. I mean not really. His intense cynicism was something you could agree with some days when life had you down, but he had it EVERY SINGLE EPISODE.

Then there was the sex angle. The show kind of danced between being blatantly sexual, with big tits and sex jokes everywhere, and being just completely unattractive. And I know you could say maybe that's what it was going for. It was trying to tackle the dual nature of sex and repression, where that thing is both desirable and repugnant, but at the end of the day it's physically desirable and socially repugnant, and there are times and places for sex in a healthy life.

All the episodes are on YT

Thanks tons of fun

>the family-trying-too-hard-to-be-the-new-simpsons
I don't think it ever tried to be the new simpsons especially when episodes actually focused on the family members amounted to be pretty much just two total episodes, planet ajax and the grandmama flashback episode (that episode could not have even taken place since said grandmama at that point was still the escaped convict and not grandmama)

Correct, they never tried to be simpsons at all, but showed a more down-to-earth kind of a family.

I can understand Duckman being that way cause love of his life is dead :(

Great show

The creator went on to make Squirrel Boy, which I don't think is as mind-rapingly awful as some people seem to think, but it was disappointing and I wish it had more of the sharp humor of Duckman

I didn't actually knew that! I'll give it a shot, it can't be worse than Captain Planet

Yeah I 'member.

>That first episode where he thinks he doesn't stand out and is being chased by a murderer only for the murderer to apologize because he thought he was chasing someone else because Duckman looks so unremarkable
Kek. It's kind of draining to watch but Duckman's voice actor is amazing.

The Love of Duckman's Life actually wasn't dead. Watch the last episode

I'm still annoyed by that ending. (Granted I know it was intentional but that doesn't make it any less annoying)

Cause it's George, how can somebody not love him?

Yeah, I'm not accepting that as a canon, feels so forced. I wonder if they actually had a proper story to it.

Captcha asked to outline road sign, and there's a fucking column with graffiti on the picture!!!

Everett Peck drew the character designs for the Jumanji cartoon. I liked that show more than the movie it was based on. It does not get enough love compared to the Men in Black and Godzilla cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=sbZZKEJXz9U

>find an interview where Jason Alexander talks about Duckman
>All he talks about is how making that voice really hurt his vocal cords