/trash/ tier animation on youtube?

why is all the popular animation on youtube so bad? the popular ones all have this shity art style that takes no effort to animate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjwuoGPXWF0
youtube.com/watch?v=0-R2ml6OHC4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz2IFuUjma8&list=WL&index=25
youtube.com/watch?v=GzdZPPuo0C0
youtu.be/nNpW8KZOVhw
youtube.com/watch?v=zRAFWF3LJnw
youtube.com/watch?v=LO8I6gnZhAM
youtu.be/vbMQfaG6lo8
youtube.com/watch?v=6bQWxtoCav4
youtube.com/watch?v=Gi6FcI2wFrw&t=8s
youtube.com/watch?v=-seFE9w4-Uo
youtu.be/5chQq80OdZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HATLQEqLTf0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel you OP

As someone who wants a Animator to do work for me 99% I find on the tubes is shit only some of it I consider to be high quality

>animation on youtube
>art style that takes no effort to animate.
I think you answere your own question.

The alternative is the Harry Patridge who barrelly put out one video by year.
youtube.com/watch?v=JjwuoGPXWF0

>the popular ones all have this shity art style that takes no effort to animate

I don't really watch Youtube animations, do you have any examples?

This looks pretty good

Would probably cost me all the money I have just to get this guy to animate me something I want but it be great to have this level of talent.

You do know that TO1IO is more of a vlog than some animation, right? It's more about the stories he talks about than the animation.

Basically what said.

It can either look good and YouTube's algorithm won't play nice with it or it can look extremely simplistic and get pumped out with enough frequency that it'll get popular.

Looks good, who is it?

It should be more dedicated to the latter because if you're like me that should be the only thing that matters

if you need someone to do some work doesn't hurt send him a message. You never know

That's actually pretty cute. Smooth too; not perfect, but good. Gotta link?

Someone from France is all I know if I knew the person who made it i'd study French just to ask her to animate more of her.

That looks like shit.
What happened to all the realist animators of the 90s?

Welp, I do like youtube animations. But I don't watch this animated vlogs for the animation. Sorry if I don't think like that.

this is what gets popular on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=0-R2ml6OHC4

Because it's taken us over a decade to realize that the internet is perhaps the worst platform for media ever invented.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz2IFuUjma8&list=WL&index=25

Usine Abbatoir

T.John K don't you have a kickstarter to not finish?

Your priorities are outta line.

I like Ukino Joe

pls no bully

Seen that music video before and love it but it's not something that can be churned out regularly enough for it to matter is it?

Welp, I guess that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love me some nice Internet animations. But I don't watch this domics-style vids for the animation.

t. grandpa

i hate those youtubers that just make drawings that squash and stretch between each other. Fuckers thats just a slideshow with extra steps that's not animation.

Shit like this youtube.com/watch?v=GzdZPPuo0C0

Because YouTube fucked over most animators, before the videogame push animations were super popular
Yes now animations get a million views maybe two but that was also the case years ago and videogame videos get tens of millions sometimes

youtu.be/nNpW8KZOVhw

Best video

oh man i wish vidme/vimeo could end with Youtube forever, but that can only happen if they get money from Facebook or Microsoft, there's no way they can compete with Google alone.

We should kill everyone involved with Google
They are too powerful to have human rights

>Pewdiepie probably makes six digits a year just for playing some shitty indie games every once in a while
The nightmare swirls and churns unending

youtube.com/watch?v=zRAFWF3LJnw

look at this shit, it's so forced and awkward, they don't care about us anymore

theodd1sout can't even be considered an "animator" its more like fun stories with pictures.

also he is LITERALLY a child. so I cant get mad at stupid kids making stupid content

but as for people who make those pokemon/mario/fnaf parodies I have no clue, though the fact that they get made every other day means no time for quality

youtube.com/watch?v=LO8I6gnZhAM

3D animation killed their entire profession.

That isn't what would be considered high quality on youtube

THIS is high quality
youtu.be/vbMQfaG6lo8

I've never watched any of those videos by I get recommended to them all the time.

Let me guess, they are videos with a cutesy art style, but UH OH, they are actually about "depression" and "anxiety" that I can relate too?

no its "storeys" that never happened.

Nah, just random stories

Piemations and Max G are the only ones i know of that are still pretty successful on youtube

so green text shit from /r9k/ but for normal people?

No, he just tells stories

Nothing extremely relatable

it's not that bad

wew

PewDiePie makes 7 mil a year faggot.

Easily explained by dumb kids.

The real question is why there are so many Warriorcats animations made in MSpaint?

I am genuinely jealous. I wish I get that kind of money from playing video games.

Because people don't watch them FOR the animation. People watch them for the WORDSWORDS and a semi relevant accompanying image.

Here's the hierarchy of importance:
>what's actually being said
>the voice acting/how people say it
>what the picture is actually of
>how good the picture looks still/the artstyle
>how well the picture is animated

There's a reason they almost never use sight gags. There's a reason the comments are always always quotes from the video. That's the actually important thing, funny quotable dialogue people can repeat as humourous nonsequitrs. "memetics" quality.

>7 million a year
Something went horribly wrong and I ended up in a reality I'm not supposed to be in, I wanna go back.

OddScout honestly just feels more like a v-blog channel than anything, dont really follow his stuff but he seems nice enough, not trying to push anything and just doing what he wants.

If you want to talk about hackjob animations Jaltoid is pretty shitty in terms of actual animation skills.

LOL

oh of course he did.

Changes in YouTube's algorithm and people's tastes as they grow older are making it more difficult for long-form non-"viral" content to get discovered. Short-term clickbait that attracts tweens is what's in now.

Jaltoid is pretty nice though

It's terrible for anyone who makes actual art.

Notice how every creator on youtube whores out to advertisers and shills their patrion constantly? It's because without that shit they literally would not be able to make content.

Note how anime almost died in the West because of how overreliant the community became on fansubbing, and how even still niche targeting moeblob/light novel adaptations are the norm.

Or how everyone of the old animators has either died, dissappeared, or started a gaming channel, because gaming channels are the best avenue for cheap easily made content with a garunteed following.

Or how anal the music, film, and tv buisnesses have gotten about piracy as of late, or how Hollywood is centralizing power in a few big tentpole productions every year, draining more originality out of the system.

The internet is terrible because no one pays for anything. Only now with the rise of Netflix and Crunchyroll are a few industries starting to sort of recover.

JaidenAnimations is way better.

youtube.com/watch?v=6bQWxtoCav4

Pretty much this. Furthermore animations don't earn anything unless they are long, like 10 minutes+ long. '

Bassicly say you have a minute long animation with 100% watch time ( everyone watched it fully).

For the time it took you to make it, and for that entire month when you uploaded you have one minute of watch time (even with a million views).

On the contrary take a letsplay that uploads say one video a day for 30 days, and each being 20 minutes long. Even if that video has 10-30% watch rate, that's still 1 to 3 minutes per video for the month (compounded times 30).

So even if it has less views per video, combined together with all the other videos it's far more lucrative (and after 10 minutes you get an option to use midroll ads which pay the higest, but have a 10 minute mark requirement).

So your only options are either shit out low quality whatever that rides memes or only do it as a passion project uploading once a year or less.

Pre 2013 a 1 minute animation with millions of views was very sustainable, and that's why so many animations channels existed. It's also why channels like frederator stopped doing animations and instead are now doing entirely top 107 lists.

So cause of this many animators have switched to just that, vlog style limited "animation" that will get the required length and $.

watch
youtube.com/watch?v=Gi6FcI2wFrw&t=8s
Things like kurzgesagt only survive thanks to patreon because youtube is so volatile and against content that isn't pumped out like a machine gun. those things your are calling animations are not animations, they are more like simple comic pages with dubbing and honestly when you look at them from that point of view it's less disappointing.

will Newgrounds ever be relevant again?

lol no

They barely can pay the bills and even fulp had to move the servers and do a patreon like service to stay afloat.

Furthermore they are now removing anything with copyrighted music which kinda kills any point in the site.

for animation? no
for flash video games, yup.

It's a shame Frederator stopped showing their new animations on youtube and instead started making them watchable through apps.

I've been partnered with Frederator for about a year and after all this time, it seems like they're finally starting to find their feet again. The only thing I wish is that the network would put more of us animators in the spotlight.

They are resuming doing that spotlight stuff. A ton of the channel stuff left after they started the restructure and merged with that other animation company.

That's good to hear. I had my stuff shown a couple times on their channel and it's the only reason why I have more than one subscriber.

There are a ton of talented people out there who deserve some recognition and Frederator is a decent place to get your name out.

Bro, it's 2016. Stop talking about the fucking 90s already.

Do you think people will trust Frederator after the Bee and Puppycat fiasco?

Ratboy genius is fuckin' GOAT.
And the guy is a very talented pianist/composer. A lot of people really fell for the uncanny valley meme and can't see the beauty of it.

Some people won't be eager to pitch their ideas now, but I'm sure there are many who would still take that opportunity in a heartbeat.

And even though Bee and Puppycat was handled poorly, I think there are a lot in the community, including myself, who still respect Frederator. Sometimes there are hiccups. Not much you can do about it.

>Bro, it's 2016.
don't say that, this phrase is why we are in our current position.

>7 mil a year
off to kill myself

Ha, ha!
It was all merely a trick!

Am I wrong? The 90s ended 16 years ago. It's time to move the fuck on.

He's not even an animator baka senpai

He's been doing original content recently, I unironically watched his whole "war with Youtube" saga

What about Morning Drawfee?
youtube.com/watch?v=-seFE9w4-Uo

Ukinojoe is a treasure

I'll admit I lost it at the Hitler shit during the Youtube Heroes video

Speaking of, what exactly was the fucking point of the Heroes program in the first place?

Does anybody else watch Any Malu
It's has great animation for a web series (but it is a whole studio working on it )
It's in Portuguese but most of the videos have English captions.
(Plus they're some pretty cute girls in it)
youtu.be/5chQq80OdZQ

The internet model is the best thing that happened to music. Literally anyone can upload their songs instead of having to suck up a label's dick to get recorded.

Yet Crunchyroll had its beginning letting you watch other people's intellectual property without their consent.

They are utter trash interms of content. I personality hate the super tweeny as fuck animation. Its fine if you do tweens like Lion Guard and Rick and Morty thats very unnoticeable.
It feels very cheap when these two JUST tween without filling in their own inbetweens manually and just looks like puppets.

>The internet model is the best thing that happened to music.

And then they ruined it for everyone else when artists threw a bitch fit over Napster and enforced copyright online.

It has a whole studio working on it, wich makea money with other stuff too. Just like the french video; it's not really a "youtube video", it was made by a team of people, who are out of the gobelins for the singer. Animation costs a lot and take ages, that's why I respect people like pebbles or whatnot who don't come from big schools and do it alone, you can't really blame them

Napster was a drop in the bucket. By the time it died, you had people sharing shit in all sorts of ways. Napster merely gave people the idea mp3's were a thing. You had people ready to swap files with MSN Messenger, AIM, IRC, Kazaa, etc. Now we have streams and sound clouds, the shitty kind of music no longer rules over what people have access to. The online distribution just makes it so every genre, no matter what you like, can be heard.

In Brazil, the only animated projects that come out are commercial most of the time. Rarely people from the outside like cn would give some money. The rich people in brazil are all retarded anyway. And in France, only kid shows come out or semi intellectual bullshit. The people have no working experience and all come from billion euros schools. At least on youtube they have some kind of independance from this shitshow

Why are the gfs/wives of online "celebrities" horrifically ugly like 90% of the time?

They married it, so you don't have to.

R&M doesn't do tweens per say, the animations is on twos and so it feels sorta "right" over tweens. The only time it's FBF/tweened is if they are walking and the camera is panning to prevent the stuttering effect in motion.

i can't tell
is this good animation
or is it too problematic?
youtube.com/watch?v=HATLQEqLTf0

i remember when Sup Forums found out what they truly looked like

it was great

Sometimes things actually happen to people who leave their houses, user.

youtube shoves quantity over quality. So people find the bad ones.

I think most indie guys can't finish more than a few minutes of animation in a month, so you would almost never see them in Youtube's "recommended" feed. There is some great stuff out there if you went to an animation school and know where the really good students posted their projects.

They're watching us Sup Forums

Because single-artists animation products take for FUCKING ever to make and youtube popularity is about consistency over quality.

He's just some guy who talks about his life and makes comics on the side, it's not that deep f a m.

We really do just repeat ourselves to death over Jaltoid. Throw in a complaint about their animation, mix in some "the green one is ugly" and some "they're not even that good".

I depressed myself. :(

Is this why the jaltoid thread from earlier was deleted?

My friend and I thought about doing something similar to nockforce. Too bad he's too fucking mean spirited to make fun content with ;_;

Because making a good animation takes months and YouTube fucked animators over.

Animation isn't easy.

And TheOdd1sOut isn't a bad person.

I thought that he was 22 years old. I'm pretty sure that he said that he was 22. Or 21.

Let me translate that for you into Sup Forums:

> 2015+1
> still talking about the fucking 90ies

ISHYGDDT

Well amazon trying to compete with YouTube since they purchased twitch and Microsoft bought beam to compete with twitch and YouTube gaming so it might happen soon they need to be successful

What about jazz he does tutorial on animation

you better be rich