So what is Sup Forums's thoughts on Disney Afternoon?

So what is Sup Forums's thoughts on Disney Afternoon?

Pretty good block. My favorite cartoons on that block were Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, and Darkwing Duck. Gargoyles was also good, but I didn't get into it as much as other people did.

It wasn't my personal favorite of 80s/90s cartoons, but I can always appreciate that the storytelling had thought put into it, and that the animation quality was what one would expect from Disney dwelling into TV animation.

Hopefully the new Ducktales show can live up to its predecessor.

1991, here, bit before my time. Mom tells me I used to watch Tailspin when I was young, but I barely remember it, mostly remember Thomas the Tank Engine and daycare. Never heard of Tailspin again until I was 12-13ish and we borrowed a VHS from the library for my little brother.

But, hey, the 80's kids watched it, and like all other things 80's kids love, it's supposed to be an absolute masterpiece with no flaws at all.

I do remember having my parents rent the Gargoyles three-part pilot movie again and again, though.

It's been a while since I have watched TaleSpin, so my opinion could change, but I remember liking that show. Wasn't one of my favorites, but it was nice and I liked the friendship between the Jungle Book bear and Kit.

Here we go.

DuckTales > Rescue Rangers > TaleSpin

Never really watched Gummy Bears.

It was mostly good.

And at a point in time it stopped existing.

While I really like Gadget, I don't get the fucking fetish with her.

Gadget wasn't the only great thing about the show.

>he didn't mention Darkwing Duck

Dude, that was a good show too. It was also my dad's favorite Disney Afternoon cartoon.

My dad still watches cartoons sometimes.

Tale Spin = Darkwing Duck = Gargoyles > Rescue Rangers = Duck Tales = Gummy Bears

You will be surprised how many people only """like""" shows because they feature girls they would like to fuck.

Such people may actually never watch the shows.

Gummi Bears - Loved the lore and animation. If I could choose any of the DA shows to be brought back after Ducktales, it would be this one.

Ducktales - A classic. I remember watching it so much that I got burned out on it and hated it in the later years of its run on the DA, because every episode was a re-run for me.

Chip n' Dale - Gadget is mai waifu. Yeah, mine and everyone else's. Oh, and the show was good, too.

Talespin - Even as a kid, I thought it was a strange way to adapt Jungle Book, and it was one of my first experiences with a period piece of its kind. I warmed up to it quickly, though. Who could hate a show with Don Carnage in it? Also, Becky was the first MILF character I ever fell in love with.

Goof Troop - I actually found this one boring, to be honest.

Darkwing Duck - A fun watch, but not my favorite.

Aladdin - Decent, but no Robin Williams, no sell. Was only exciting to me when they did big, multi-part episodes or crossovers.

Gargoyles - Blew my fucking MIND. After Gargoyles, there IS no Disney Afternoon. Nothing after that could compare.

>While I really like Gadget, I don't get the fucking fetish with her.
She's basically babby's first Winry.

The Oblongs,My life as a teenage robot and School for Vampires are great examples of that shit.

a fantastic, groundbreaking experiment in putting quality animation on TV
the fact that none of the ground it broke REMAINED broken is so depressing it would have probably been better if it never happened at all

>Gadget is for kids
>Winry is for teenagers
So whose for adults?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

>While I really like Gadget, I don't get the fucking fetish with her.

>blonde
>more humanoid than animal
>flesh colored
>nice ass
>bare feet

It's really quite simple user

Also Gadget.

>quirky personality
>helpful
>smart
>kind
>innocent
>able to kick ass when the going gets tough
>builds cool things
>surprisingly hot when disguised as a mobster

I like Gadget as a character, not as a fetish girl.

I didn't watch cartoon network until I was around 7 I think, so I mostly watched Disney and Nick. All of those shows were great, although Goof Troop was the weakest. Still, much better then that Quack Pack nonsense.
She's pretty much mouse Winry.

Get out.

I like her as a character too, but I'm just saying her appeal is not exactly hard to figure out and I'm sure she was one of many childrens first crushes

I've been wanting to eat Gadget's ass since before I even got boners officially

I think Gadget is one of those characters that a person can just as easily fetishize as fall in love with. Why not both, right?

be careful not to talk about gargoyles, theres an annoying fan lurking around the week

They're still fun and adventurous, but the writing and humor feel weaker. This is forgivable, considering they're from the era of 50 episode seasons. But there are few episodes with plots that stuck with me, as opposed to the classic Nick shows.

The animation quality is all over the place. Visually, only the ones done by the Japanese or Australian studios still hold up.

>the classic Nick shows

You're forgetting Cartoon Network. That had Ed, Edd n Eddy and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Bendis and diversity. That's all Sup Forums screams about laterly.

Extremely good in the late 80s early 90s. Towards the mid 90s the quality dropped.
I loved it more than anything else on any other channel. I really loved the art style and animation of the shows in general.

No, I did not mention CN because they weren't contemporaries. CN didn't even have original programming until near the tail end of Disney Afternoon's lifetime.

Disney Afternoon's only real competition were Fox Kids/Steven Spielberg presents and Nickelodeon.

>No buzzlightgear show
That was the best show

Bring back the terror that flaps in the night!
Bring back the contact lens that get's stuck under your cornea!
Bring back DARKWING DUCK!

Can't believe the comic's getting cancelled after just 8 issues.

The new, or old?

Get on the level of RR, that one got cancelled only after 2 arcs.

New one. The distribution of it has been terrible unfortunately.

What happened to RR?

Ch-ch-ch-Chip 'n Dale! Rescue Rangers!

I've been completely unable to find the New Darkwing and I would have picked it up.

Kind of sucks that it didn't even make it to it's first trade.

>watching Disney Afternoon when Kids WB existed
lol

>not switching back and forth between channels depending on what episodes you've already seen before
lol

>What happened to RR?
There were 2 arcs made, 4 issues each, 8 in total.

After that, open end. And nothing else.

>I thought it was a strange way to adapt Jungle Book

More like a strange way to adapt Tales of the Gold Monkey

Mora Bascht

Not part of the Disney Afternoon.

Well, both, really. The show was some sort of weird chimera, but it worked surprisingly well.

Quack Pack was by far the worst of the worst

Gummi Bears was the longest running Disney original cartoon by number of seasons and second longest by number of episodes.

I just want that to sink in. They cancel FUCKING EVERYTHING except the god damn show about candy (and Phineas and Ferb obviously)

>They're making Funko POPs of this shit.

It's officially normie-tier, nothing could repair the damage.

>not watching the superior Fox Kids
Oh you

The moment you start caring about that, YOU become a normie.

It was great. Although there's probably not a single oldfag here who doesn't see it trough meter thick nostalgia goggles, it's safe to say that this was objectively the best broadcasting block ever to exist.

Gadget had the better personality.

>it's safe to say that this was objectively the best broadcasting block ever to exist.

Early Toonami and early Adult Swim.

What was Gummi Bears about anyways?

Group of bears long separated from the rest of their people and trying to find out their history and maybe a way to contact their people. Also protect the recipes in making a potion that gives them rubber like bounce abilities but can also give humans super strength.