Would a Shantae cartoon series work?

Would a Shantae cartoon series work?

work muh dick

Maybe 10 years ago when it was on the Gameboy, Modern Shantae is a little too risque for TV, maybe in France?.

A comic series I can see.

Gameboy Shantae was exactly as risque as it is today

Deffo
also that game is good. I just 100&d
Sup Forums or /vg/ arent talking about it at all

katara wore less

Probably, but it'd most likely work if it was on Netflix; a lot less restrictive, content-wise.

Each season would recap each game, with the occasional filler episodes dedicated to worldbuilding, or focusing on side characters, with the occasional SoL type stuff.

You'd definitely have to have a "Tales of Interest"-esque episode so the writers can get REALLY creative, exploring what-if scenarios for the series/setting/characters.

A comic book series following these sort of guidelines could work as well; though I'd prefer if IDW published it; Archie's kind of a mixed bag, and I'm not exactly confident in them, given how they handled the Mega Man comics, and Worlds Unite being utter trash.

Keep it as far away from Boom! as possible. That's a one way ticket into shitty spin-off hell while the main series gets forgotten.

Each episode ends in a belly dance

i cant imagine the credits sequence being anything but several different loops of shantae dancing

.. sadly we don't get those anymore except crammed into a corner while they run some other ads

How about the re-design?

I want to cuddle with Shantae!

... Katara... bathed once? that's...
yeah no I guess you couldn't get away with that on prudish SJW halal TV

I love Shantae, I am learning how to do lines from half genie hero.

oh hey i just replied to you in another thread
yeah shantae will teach you really nice linework. them nice tapered pressure-sensitive lines

Most of the games could easily be done in a very Dragon Ball-esque manner, since the primary goal is just to find McGuffins 1 through X, with journeys to each McGuffin, and finally a climax to the boss battle to earn the McGuffin. In that sense, each game could be a season on their own.

The games already feature great writing and humor, and none of it is really video game sensitive, so I can't see why it couldn't work when translated to animation. Would probably just be funnier, what with wacky waving arms and animated expressions n' whatnot.

I remember that level. Shame the costume was just limited to the one godforsaken stealth section. Pirate's Curse made me think that you could change costumes there for a sec, and then I remembered that there wasn't a Director's Cut out.

1/2 genie hero made me think there would be an alternate costume mode since there was a second shantae option in the character-select (with risky not being finished yet), but that second option is just 'start with the basic transformations already unlocked'. i'm relieved it's not double damage (Though this game is easy enough that I could survive that) but.. slightly disappoint there's no extra costume

Wait for the DLC, THEN we'll get out bonus costumes.

yeah I donated enough to get a tinkerbat transformation so that'll be interesting.. not sure how that's going to.. integrate. it's not like I really wanna go play it again, there were too many just infuriating bits (well, two. the butt-sliding bits)

God yes! It needs to be done!

>an episode where Shantae meets the MALE versions of all these cute monster girls
>they have been told theyre not welcome prowling the lands attacking people, it's somehow different when they do it.
>because theyve always been excluded theyre spaghett-tastic and all just drool over shantae, scrambling over each other for a chance to FIGHT her

Fund it!

>"Tales of Interest" episode
>Uncle Mimic unearths/builds a What-If Machine
>Characters take turns asking questions and they see their questions play out onscreen
>Finally, it's Shantae's turn
>She asks the machine "What if my parents were around when I was growing up?"
>Cue the "Jurassic Bark"/"Luck of the Fryish"-level bitch tears

Alternatively

>Machine explodes before it can actually give Shantae an answer

That'd be a bit too on futurama's nose
given the setting, surely it'd be a magical wish scenario

I guess, but keep in mind that the manual explicitly states that Mimic spends his time digging up relics from the past, stated to be from OUR TIME, and he is also a prolific inventor.

A bit of schizo tech would be involved, but I could see it as either a "Magical Genie wish" scenario or ripped right out of Futurama, but with a Shantae flair.

Avatar had a swimsuit episode too.

It would work but only if they got a decent writer. The "plot" in the games is annoyingly stupid.

>The "plot" in the games is annoyingly stupid.
what does it feel like to have no taste? I'd love to know what kind of game plot you think is good

>Uncle Mimic unearths/builds a What-If Machine
Funny thing is, Farnsworth was the voice I imagined for Mimic when I first played RIsky's Revenge..

It would be too lewd for kids while the comedy would be too childish for adults. There's no large demographic they could make it for, it would have to be a vanity project.

really? he's such a big guy

>the comedy would be too childish for adults
Did we play the same games?

Rottytops probably smells horrible but I'd still put my dick in her

also her name just makes me smile
>smells horrible
I mean, she drinks coffee. her breath alone must be godawful

She probably reeks of rotting flesh, formaldehyde, and coffee breath.

Oog.

No, because they sure as shit don't have enough resources to make one.

Can't even afford full voice acting.

so in Pirate's curse, when Shantae has to get that "musk" anyone else feels like that spirit was her father?

No. The characters are honestly way too stupid and annoying to work for a cartoon series. The only reason Shantae even has a cult following IS the fanservice. If Shantae didn't make notable fanservice females the damn thing would have died.

Source?

the most notable aspect of Shantae is the sheer technical wizardry of the original game, I mean seriously it looks fucking gorgeous as a GB game. It looks a lot better and plays smoother than some GBA games.

The stories are indeed dumb. Shantae herself is a mayor moron. Who can forget this moment from the latest game:

"Yo Risky you targetted my mother. It's cool, gonna let you go without punishing you for that stunt."

With a "hero" like that who the fuck could give a damn. Plus the other characters are horribly stupid like the Mayor, Bolo, Shantae's uncle, Rottytops, etc.

I don't think it needs to retread the game stories. They can just continue where Pirate's Curse leaves off.

>No. The characters are honestly way too stupid and annoying to work for a cartoon series.
This is the dumbest thing i've ever read in my life, i'm actually getting a headache

You do realize you're on Sup Forums right?

>formaldehyde
oh shit you're right, she has stitches. she's not just a zombie, she's a frankenstein too isn't she?
I did find it amusing reading the credits and there's only the one name under voice acting. "oh yeah, nobody but shantae and risky ever talk, do they?" I thought
I kinda wondered if the one at the end of HGH was her mom..
that didn't happen though
also if you have a problem with a lot of characters being stupid, I mean.. what the hell do you watch? just nothing but star trek, and skip the pakleds episode? because 'most everyone is an idiot' is kind of the bread and butter of cartoons
we just got that game, bruv. it'd continue where that leaves off. which is pretty open really.
it might even be neat to have kind of a Noozles thing where she wants to get back to the genie realm

also wow I just found a few threads on Sup Forums and I remember now why I don't go to Sup Forums. shame really. why the fuck is Sup Forums the best board?

Because Sup Forums stopped doing fun things, like Save the Princess threads.

Imagine, a Shantae cartoon with Sailor Moon-esque transformation sequences, except with more dancing and hip-swinging.

you do realize the average kids show has more adult humor than most adult targeted shows right?

Well that's not true, but alright.

Only if a Japanese studio is doing it with a very large budget and if it is a Flintstones crossover.

Thank SiivaGunner for making Flintstones relevant again but a Love Live crossover will make more sense.

frankly I keep imagining a dinosaur whenever I see her name

>It would be too lewd for kids

Tone down the boob jiggling and add 30% more fabric to the costumes, voila, kid-friendly.

Then those kids can buy the games and fap.

>An episode where Bolo builds a flying machine when Shantae is taking a nap but when she realizes what is is she tries to use it so that she and Bolo can go out bowling but what Sky tells her that she needs to the opera with Mimic she fakes being sick so she will not need to go.
>Sky expects Shantae to rest with Bolo watching over her but instead they take Bolo's flying machine to fly through the sky to go bowling but when Sky fines out that Shantae is not at home she worries so she goes the the bowling ally across the street them the opera house only to find what she thinks is Shantae & Bolo, Shantae turns into a dude when Bolo puts on a fake mustache which he grabbed from a broom, Sky tells them "I'm sorry, you just remind me of 2 people I knew" and goes back home.
>Shantae then turns back to normal when Bolo removes the fake mustache and when Bolo wants to go back bowling Shantae tells him that the need to beat Sky to her home so they take the flying machine and they beat her to the punch.
>Sky enter Shantae's home only to find her in bed with Bolo reading her a story, Sky says she is sorry she ever doubted them only to have Bolo use the fake mustache bit he did in the bowling ally, Shantae tells Bolo that he is a idiot when Sky realizes that they were in they Bowling ally and she was faking it so that she can go bowling instead.
>Sky gets angry and Shantae & Bolo run away to get on his flying machine to avoid Sky beating them up only to fly for 6 hours only to get tired, cuts to black and end.