Could Adam defeat Superman if he was teaching someone and killing Superman was the only way to make a point?

Could Adam defeat Superman if he was teaching someone and killing Superman was the only way to make a point?

Other urls found in this thread:

aperito.org/uploads/pdf/ANFTOA-2-106.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=oycBIQ_aT78
youtube.com/watch?v=VCUW9H3rt_A
youtube.com/watch?v=f5nW4dDNrk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jake and Amir should've been the ones to get a show.

Only if he had cold hard facts proving that there isn't always a way.

Yes, the one thing Superman is always weak to is plot, and Adam's power is control over the show's plot. He's the only person who could bypass plot armor. But the death would most likely not be permanent, and just be there to prove a point.

Is this bait? They got a show, about some loser Amir character going to a class that teaches how to get laid tought by Jake character, it bombed im pretty sure, couldnt't find it on torrents a week after release, unlike my boy, soft redpill with jokes, Adam here, love this show

No. Adam has not demonstrated that he can kill someone using his powers. I don't think he can even seriously injure somebody with it. He's only ever shown to be something of an iconoclast when he "killed" the construct of what fictionalized western cowboy but that was never really a person to begin with.

This guy is like the concept of clickbait news incarnate in flesh

Theres been multiple jokes where people die, like in the Giving episode where that guys heart explodes, and he's shown to be capable of mass destruction at the snap of a finger, like when he leveled a mall in literally seconds. He could certainly kill and most likely even out muscle Superman, but it woudn't be permanent, and would either be undone by the end of the episode, or by the end of the segment.

>building a wall would be pointless because airplanes!!@!
Wow, very informative.

Isnt the wall a meme in the first place?

The wall isn't a donald trump exclusive idea. I guess we'll see after he takes office if he did or didn't trick stupid white people.

You'd be surprised just how many people actually think a wall would stop illegal immigrants. Sadly, the folks who believe so probably won't be the kind of people who'd watch ARE

I noticed the show is mostly about american trivia and used europe a lot as an example of good, yet I keep watching cause its presented so well and keeps me curious

>building a wall would work because build a wall!!@!

The show is about American misconceptions about out own society, which is why a lot of examples of alternatives are from foreign countries, but sometimes theres no 'better' alternatives, so it's just suggested how it could be improved.

Can Adam explain how King Crimson works? And could he stop Superman?

Please stop
King Crimson is simple shit if you have a brain
If you are memeing I will be very irate, sir

Also no, King Crimson wins by doughnuting people, unless he carries some Kryptonite, KC can't doughnut Supes

What would you like to see out of an Adam Ruins Superheroes/Comics episode?

Personally, I'd like to see a whole segment dedicated to how Bob Kane is a hack who stole all of the credit for Batman from Bill Finger and other sources

Also, how the Comics Code Authority was infused with racist/sexist policies and was primarily used as a way to dick over EC Comics

The wall is old news. He's apparently trying to get into a nuclear arms race for fun now.

It was a poor attempt to make a joke off him being able to explain everything. I've also only seen the Wild West and Mall episodes, so I don't know how far he goes to explain shit out.

Also, I was listening to Yes, which is now forever ruined to me because of that stupid stinger joke.

I mean that video was retarded but the wall would have fucking bankrupted America

Fuck Bob Kane

Adam pls do this

>annual NASA budget
>bankrupting america

>implying that plan was at all feasible and not just bullshit

Keep telling Trump what he can't do, it has worked out for you this far.

What? The wall? A few billion we'll make back by not supporting welfare state illegals for a few years?

Jesus Sup Forums never fails to show off that it's the autistic libteen board.

His show is such unfunny shit.

I'm a liberal and I called Trump getting voted in all the way back at the RNC

That's just like your opinion man.

He does pretty well to explain some stuff that people don't really care to explore. I mean, I've seen people who think hes full of crap, but I personally have been enjoying the show because it teaches me a lot of stuff I didn't know about, it's not really stuff that directly effects me, but fun tidbits. One of the more interesting things I recently learned is how Christmas' history is full of debauchery, drunken partying, violence and even crossdressing, and that the pilgrims who came to America banned Christmas originally because of it's debauched nature, and if it wasn't for immigrants from other cultures, Christmas would probably never have gotten so big.

He can't save all the Courier jobs from Mexico.

Oh will you look at that, he didn't.

Did I say otherwise?

Crossdressing being bad (or at least on the level it currently is) is a recent thing.
I guess the fact that alot of the stuff he says is stuff i already know as random trivia makes it less exciting or less of a surprise to me.

Also.
>Show meant to dispute common misconceptions.
>Believes in the wage gap

>GIFT GIVING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ECONOMICALLY BECAUSE YOU MIGHT HAVE WASTED MONEY GETTING THE WRONG GIFT
This shit show is nothing but fallacies trying to be presented as fact

True, a lot of shit we consider, as a society, as reprehensible, or evil, or just illegal, had been common barely a hundred years ago. The drug episode enlightened me on the fact that weed was completely legal not to long ago, and it really sheds some light on just how strong propaganda is , I never even knew the truth of that McDonald's coffee case, and it honestly shocked me how I bought into the lies spread about it just from second hand hearsay

I loved the cars episode and how it ends with "the roads belong to the machines now." Pretty much is a perfect articulation on how I've always felt about needing to own a vehicle.

If there's a point in his show where he didn't cite his sources, then call him out on it
But one of the best things about his show is that while it's heavily opinionated, it's backed by peer-reviewed science

No, it's just broad strokes being applied to broad strokes. The show doesn't depict every misconception as something everyone holds, just majorities and ignorant people. A lot of people give shit gifts because they want to surprise someone, or don't bother asking, and that is a waste of money.

Trump can't ban anime or Sup Forums

>The drug episode enlightened me on the fact that weed was completely legal not to long ago, and it really sheds some light on just how strong propaganda is

Ever seen Penn&Teller: Bullshit? Completely different format from ARE but in some episodes they go hard against commonly accepted things like the War in Drugs.

Bullshit is what gave me the opinion that legalizing drugs and prostitution would only improve things.

He's kind of annoying, yet I have to respect how much research he does. Unlike a lot of debunker guys, he backs up everything without an actual opinion involved.

My favorite episode is the endangered species one. Either that or cheerleading. The cheerleading episode sounds like it will be boring shit until you actually watch it and realize it's Bull shit at it's best.

Trump can't win the popular vote.

Hey remember when Adam got the script to one of his episodes published as a scientific study for the lulz?

aperito.org/uploads/pdf/ANFTOA-2-106.pdf

I member

legalizing prostitution wouldn't make things better
but legalizing prostitution under the strictest government supervision would
half of the problem present with prostitution legalization is human trafficking
If the government regulates prostitution, it would not only crack down on trafficking, but eliminate the need to prosecute the sex trade

How about just like

You know how some people only buy "free range" eggs or whatever? Come up with a label like that for prostitutes, like "not kidnapped"

By not saying "I think that" you implied it was objective.

I generally knew the weed thing but thought it was due to industry lobbying rather than straight up evil.
The McDonald's coffee comments are just amazing due to how many people get enraged at the idea that the old lady with 3rd degree burns to her genitals was a victim and will fight to the death to defend Mcdonalds. Do they seriously not understand what would happen if some simply spilled out of their hands while holding the cup?

because unlike chickens, people have inalienable rights
some people only buy free range eggs, but that doesn't improve conditions for chickens who aren't free range
the goal should be to make sure that things that a violation of human rights don't happen
Keeping the women safe from violence in the workplace should extend to those most affected

Sounds like a you problem. You should always assume what people say is their opinion unless they state it as fact.

The point is it would become unprofitable to kidnap women since you couldn't get the feelgood label and people would stop doing it.

>it would become unprofitable
>people would stop doing it
The fact that not all chicken farms and egg farms aren't free range means that that is an unrealistic goal
It would still require regulation, just as how the USDA and HFAC define and regulate the term "free range" to make sure that the eggs actually are free range
Importing women who are literally entrapped in the sexual slave market will always be cheaper, so it wouldn't be unprofitable to just not label your women "free range"

His source is 8 years out of date even if it is true.

What specifically are you talking about?
You can go to the show's website and post the citation here
I don't know what you're referring

Even if whatever he's citing is from 8 years ago, why not try to find more relevant/recent information that contradicts that?

>The fact that not all chicken farms and egg farms aren't free range means that that is an unrealistic goal

You're assuming the number of people who care about the well being of chickens and the well being of women is the same. Personally I never buy free range eggs because that's gay as fuck but if I was in the market for prostitutes I'd go for the not-kidnapped ones. I can't imagine a world in which the number of people who care about whether women are kidnapped and forced into sex slavery is equal to or smaller than the amount of people who care about whether chickens are comfortable.

>It would still require regulation, just as how the USDA and HFAC define and regulate the term "free range" to make sure that the eggs actually are free range

Yeah, true.

>Importing women who are literally entrapped in the sexual slave market will always be cheaper

It's the most profitable way now because there is no alternative.

No, I'm assuming the fact that people know that there are is a lot of human trafficking and still engage in the sexual trade means that people would still traffic humans even if there was no "cruelty free" label on them
Like, you'd have to regulate it to the extent I'm already suggesting just to make sure people aren't lying about where the girls are coming from

>Personally I never buy free range eggs because that's gay as fuck but if I was in the market for prostitutes I'd go for the not-kidnapped ones
Right, because your personal anecdotes are super important when considering how to protect a human life

>It's the most profitable way now because there is no alternative.
The alternative is to just capture girls from within the united states, which probably already happens
Without regulation, it would be as much of a reality as it is within several other countries

The only way to protect those workers is to give them more control. It's a female dominated market, so we should put females in charge of running brothels and enforcing the standards we create

Thats what I assume is meant when "legalizing prostitution" is said. I mean look at the ranches in Vegas, those places are legit businesses that keep up to code with everything.

Sorry, I get that, I just wanted to be specific for other anons

Funny thing is, that obvious assumption is required, since a lot of stupid people will be against the idea of legalizing "bad" things like prostitution and drugs because it will 'destroy moral fiber!' Like they think legalizing prostitution means they will still be filthy whores on the corners with grimy pimps, rather than having clean facilities and thoroughly checked employees. Same with legalized marijuana. A Medical marijuana amendment was passed here in Florida, and almost right after wards they started throwing out ads and people tried to block efforts towards planning out distributors because they believed pot shops would pop up around schools and shit and kids could get their hands on it
youtube.com/watch?v=oycBIQ_aT78 This ones from Massachusetts, but it's the same idea here in Florida.
It's so stupid it's impossible to count the sheer number of stupid points.

Of course Sup Forumsmblr would like this shit.

>Of course Sup Forumsmblr would like properly cited arguments that don't just appeal to your sensibilities and human nature, but introduce information to you that most people don't know and even correct you in situations where common knowledge is faulty
I guess

>t. Refugee who couldn't get in to Hungary or Israel.

The trivia or the smarmy presumption?

>f-f-facts aren't as important as my f-f-feelings!

Fragile Sup Forums child please go.

Wait, don't answer that.

Except not at all because he doesn't do news.

I have no idea who this Spurdo is supposed to be

>Liberals
>liking facts
Hillary, come now, you should be preparing to fight the Krampus.

THIS

FORGET ABOUT THE WALL AND DOUBLE NASA'S BUDGET!

CRUISE CONTROL STRAIGHT TO MARS

Is this show actually good? I saw a promo but the smug look on the dude's face made me not want to watch it.

The wall would cost 10B at most, which is jack shit compared to what we spend on Illegals

So what you're saying is that you like the show?

It's fun and informative if you are a normie. They focus on stuff that the average person doesn't know, but sometimes they go a little too far for the sake of a narrative. The Luxoticca one was spot on butt the McDonalds coffee one was a little too skewed against McDonalds.

>little too skewed against McDonalds
Why would we care about McDonald's the the McDonald's lawsuit?

Seriously, I'm asking
Adampill me on McDonald's side to the story

Thats his character. He's supposed to be a smug, know it all who interrupts people's lives to spill out info dumps on relevant material, and theres an underlying plot across the show about him realizing he's kind of a smug cunt who is unliked for a reason, and is trying to learn to act better. Of course he does present a lot of good information, and touches on some subjects that a lot of people don't think about or want to think about (like how the prison system in an abomination and even if they are criminals they deserve to be treated like humans, and how fucked up the immigration and justice system is)

Its a nice show if you like to learn things.

>was actively trying to cut down the smugness so the black qt would like him
>black qt dies

why

Besides, they got to shit on Roman Reigns.

What DO we spend on illegals?

The death episode was pretty heavy, but it made me realize some things that will probably help in the future.

Honestly the most interesting thing was learning about the hymen myth.

Every time an illegal was caught in the states under Obama, border patrol had to hold onto the guy and then fly him out to a central headquarters and have them questioned on where they were going and were given a date to appear to court and then we give them travel towards the location they stated
Instead of just fucking sending them back to the other side of the fucking border

That's not answering the question.
HOW MUCH?

>Instead of just fucking sending them back to the other side of the fucking border
But the reason we do that is because what they are doing is illegal, which means there's due process involved
And if they are here legally, then they should have a chance to prove that
There are thousands of American Citizens that get deported simply because there people who are of the opinion that they should " just fucking send[ing] them back to the other side of the fucking border"

Honestly, things would be simpler if they did just do that
youtube.com/watch?v=VCUW9H3rt_A

>Honestly, things would be simpler if they did just do that
But that doesn't mean it would be right

$100B per year, sorry forgot to mention that
If they are caught by border patrol breaking into our country instead of just coming through one of the border stations, it's most likely they are illegal

Oh that would be great, seeing a kind of history video about the CCA talking about Wertham's misconceptions could be really interesting imo

>mobile video games are totally the same thing as console/pc games and they definitely have the same audience!

>If they are caught by border patrol breaking into our country instead of just coming through one of the border stations, it's most likely they are illegal
Most deportations aren't done anywhere near the wall
A huge number of illegal aliens are people who came here legally and let their visas expire, and because getting a new visa is so tough, they just stay here instead of following the law

Sure, but is it right to throw people into a system where they are forced to endure an unfair nightmare of courtroom garbage that is unlikely to lead anywhere except them wasting time and money and just getting sent back to their country?

It's definitely more right

>they definitely have the same audience!
I thought the point was that free mobile games appealed to largely women, making females the majority of people who play video games

And yes free to play phone games are still video games, they're just shit

Jake and Amir was perfect for low budget random 200X youtube, but imo the concept doesn't translate well to a high production TV format.

youtube.com/watch?v=f5nW4dDNrk8

It makes sense for coffee to be hotter than what you would drink it when served and Adam gave no mention of this. He just continued on like McDonalds was making their coffee that hot just to be evil. Yes, it's dangerous when spilled, but you can suffocate on plastic wrap too. That doesn't mean plastic wrap serves no purpose.

The fact is that McDonalds had settled several of these burn cases before, as Adam noted, but eventually tried putting their feet in the ground and taking one of the cases to court to stop the trend and have it recongized it makes sense to sell coffee hotter than one would drink it. The problem was that the case they chose to dig their feet in for was against a nice little old lady with particularly horrible burns who just wanted a few thousand dollars for medical bills.

It's stupid to blame McDonalds for hot coffee spills but it was also stupid of McDonalds to play hardball with a little old lady in the hospital. Neither side was good or evil. But that hurts Adam's narrative so he downplays it.

I don't know why I'm that shocked about the fact that Sup Forums likes a 30-something pseudo-intellectual white kid who thinks he knows about political/social issues because he visits sites that are equivalent to Buzzfeed in terms of credibility.

It's like if they gave Maddox a fucking T.V. show. What's the point?

You do know that Adam doesn't collect all the information he presents in the show, right? He has a team of researchers who do the studying for him, and they talk to and bring in experts on the subjects they discuss.

>are equivalent to Buzzfeed
I love how much Collegehumor HATES Buzzfeed. They've made at least two videos straight up shiting on their content with zero subtlety