Write the final episode

Write the final episode.

1 hour show full of guest appearances and no closure to the series

we see what every character dreams about before they fall asleep

The episode is about them behaving like a family with relateable problems instead of psychopaths on acid.

Everyone dies.

Post the pasta already.

the Simpsons family moves. We see the aftermath of the town trying to adjust to their absence but the Simpson family does not move back in the episode

1 hour of "In memory of Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Harry Shearer and Hank Azaria" follwing the death of the last of them by old age

All of Springfield is gathered in one place, and they commit ritual suicide one at a time while chanting in a monotone: "You did this." over and over for the whole episode.

>implying they wouldn't relish the excuse to replace them all with lower-costing sound-alikes

It's the reboot to ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT The Simpsons.

dead bart

>They make everyone BUT Lisa into a minority
>Lisa is the show's punching bag for 33 consecutive seasons

In the final episode of The Simpsons the whole family gets arrested for being terrible people and the entire city of Springfield testifies about their crimes. Over the course of the trial, Maggie is revealed to be an alien from another planet and is abducted by the federal government for dissection. The family is eventually found guilty after a few memorial clips of the 'top moments in the show's history' and Homer begs Mister Burns to help him out. Burns is fed up with Homer's shit and nukes the entire town before escaping. Somehow, the Simpson's home is left standing and we see the floor burst open before the family climbs into their living room, now three-eyed radioactive rabbits, and assembles on the couch.

Fade out, fade in on Homer in Moe's bar. He has a stack of paper in his hands and appears to be reading a story to the bar. It is the events that were shown just now. Moe berates the story and ends up shutting down the bar just to punish those 'worthless drunks'. Everyone leaves, camera still in the bar as Moe reaches back to flick off the lights before closing the door.

Episode cuts back to the intro of the show, with Homer, Marge, and the kids all returning home. They do their iconic couch gag one last time, but instead of a gag they play it straight and embrace like a loving family. The family breaks the fourth wall and begin to talk about how they're happy they lasted this long and how they all love each other. They turn to the camera to acknowledge the audience and start to thank them for all their years of fandom only for the show to immediately cut out mid-address. Silence follows for ten seconds, only to be broken by one final "Doh!" as the show ends for the final time.

22 minutes of each and every Simpsons character getting mercifully shot in the head by the unseen hand of the Fox CEO as they thank him for finally letting them die and go off the air.

Fuck you this sounds legit.

The last episode of season 9

Homer wakes up in an abandoned house, now in his late 60's. Turns out almost the entire show has been a dream. Marge left him years ago and took the kids, the power plant has closed and Springfield is suffering a serious economic downturn. Lots of businesses are closed, people have moved away. Several prominent characters like Burns and Moe have been dead for years.

Homer sighs and realizes that he's been living in the past- the golden days were decades ago. His kids are grown up but never call him. He has grandchildren he's never seen. He fell so hard into alcoholism after the divorce that his entire life has fallen apart, and he spends every night dreaming of being back in 1989 where things were so much simpler and the family had fun misadventures.

The episode (and series) ends with Homer going back to sleep and returning to that sitcom world he cherishes so much.

I kind of like the basic idea though I'd rather it end with Homer making an attempt to snap out of his rut and finally reconcile with his family.

???

the final episode was on May 19, 1996, twenty years ago

Actually the final episode was on May 18, 1997 you pleb

Season 8 was great

Make it so seasons 1 to 8-12(depending on when you think it went to shit) is canon

That episode they did a few seasons ago showing the relationship between Bart and Grandpa through the years would have made a pretty decent ending. If the show had ended with that episode, I'd be happy with that

We open on Christmas eve in Moe's tavern, and have a standard banter and discussion scene before Homer leaves to go home and spend time with his family.

He's walking home through the snow and the cold when someone exits a car with tinted windows and knocks him out. He wakes up in a remote location, lets say a forest clearing at night, covered in thick snow. Homer is tied up, the figure who kidnapped him looming over him with a gun.

The figure is all covered up, in a trench-coat and top hat, face covered by shadow.

He tosses a massive sack of papers in front of Homer, papers detailing many things Homer and starts probling him about why the town likes him, why his family puts up with him after all he puts them through, all the stupid, selfish stuff he does.

Use this as an opportunity for the writers to breeze through any half-ideas they ever tossed around. Mention things like Homer almost getting people killed in space, being so hard on Bart, breaking Lisa's saxophone, but mostly flash back to things that weren't even episodes, give a sense that we haven't seen all the simpsons did.

As this happens, We follow Marge Lisa and Bart at first, panicked as they look at them. But when they enter the Kwik-E-Mart, Apu is horrified by Homer's absence, remembering things like the Simpsons giving him a place to live for a while. Moe is worried about the closest thing he really has to friend. Krusty remembers his role in re-uniting him with his father.

It snow-balls, and soon the whole town is out looking for him, until some clue that doesn't matter lets them know where the man took Homer.

And we cut back. Homer explains that he doesn't know why people still like him, why his family tolerates his bullshit.

That's when headlights stab through the trees, blinding the shrouded figure. A great mob rabble emerges through the trees and the figure gets defensive, stumbling back and pointing the gun at all the people walking through the trees, the Simpsons at the front.

And instead of attacking the guy, they explain. They explain that they give Homer second chances because of what he means to them, and what he's done for them. They explain all they would have missed if they cut Homer out of their lives rather than work with him to make him better.

Bart steps forward.

'It's amazing what a guy like my Dad can do, when he lets you down, and you give him the chance to do it again. When you show that you have some faith he can be better than that. He's not smart, he doesn't think he deserves any of us, he doesn't think he's good but, I hate saying this but...that's wrong. He deserves us.... us and this entire town that went crazy to find him, because he gets so inspired when he sees other people believe he can do better, so desperate to take the chance to make things right. It's easy to get mad, it's easy to just cut people out for doing something wrong, but if you don't give them a chance to make up for it...you'll never see what they're actually capable off.'

'Bart,' Lisa says, 'that's beautiful... and bizarrely articulate.

'Well enjoy it. I pretty much burnt out my brain coming up with it and you'll be lucky if I can say my name tommorow.'

Townspeople start listing off examples all cleaving to the tried formula of the show, where Homer does something incredibly fucking stupid but goes to ridiculous and insane lengths to right it, displaying total purity in his desire to make up for it once he realizes the severity of what he's done.

The figure become irate, and frustrated, waving the gun around and claiming that that made no sense, that there was no point giving people the chance to hurt you again.

Then a new figure appears, sillhouetted in the lights.

It's Santa's Little Helper. The mystery man stops, awe-struck. And lowers the gun.

We get a flashback. all in monochrome, from a child's perspective, looking back and forth between an adult man's waistline and Santa's Little Helper, being dragged roughly by the coller.

'Please Daddy.'

'Hush now Son. I'm teaching you this for your own good. You'll need it someday you know.'

'Please,'

'Now now, don't worry. Nobodies on the ball a hundred percent, we made a bad investment and we're going to make back what we can. Simple pragmatics.'

'I don't care about the racing I just like the dog.'

The scene gets more panicked and upsetting, more frantic pulling at the adults coat tails versus more determined walking with Santa's little helper being togged along with more force.

'Daddy please I don't care about the racing.'

'Son, son it's alright, I don't hold it against you. Hears the man now.'

It's the man who owned Santa's little helper in the very first episode.

The dog is handed over and paid for despite the child's protests.

Cut back to the present, the figure sees Santa's little helper defending Bart, growling, obviously displaying his love and happiness with the Simpsons family. The figure dissapears into the woods. The Simpsons, relieved by their safety, all hug on the snowy forest floor as the camera zooms up showing more and more of the townspeople celebrating.

Cut to a stately living room, opulent, a high-backed chair facing a roaring fire. A skeletal hand is visible from behind the chair, clutching a glass of brandy.

We see the mystery figure walk in.

'Hello.'

Mr Burns stands up, startled, dressed in that purple robe.

'Who the Devil are you?'

The figure removes his mask. He looks like a younger Mr Burns, younger than you would have thought, maybe 20 years old.

Burns is shocked, dropping the brandy.

'Son.'

'Dad.'

They embrace, and the camera pulls out, showing them through one of the many large arched windows of the Burns Manor, snowflakes fluttering slowly past the screen. It continues to pull out, remaining centered on the warm glow of light and the Father and Son embracing within as we see more and more of the icy grounds of the mansion, buried beneath snow. It all emphasises how bright the light is.

The End.

Note that for the purposes of this we have to make the bold assumption that Santa's Little Helper is like twelve or thirteen years old, and that Santa's little helper was racing for far longer than any racing dog ever probably would. I'd love to say I knew that all along but honestly I remembered it very last minute and it bothers me. Also forget about any episode where Burns interacts with Santa's Little Helper.

Lady Gaga plays ALL characters

this would just be a good Christmas special. But it would end well.

I like it, Mr Groening I'll pay you a gazzillion dollars for it

It only makes sense as a finale because the show also sort of began with a Christmas special. Post Ullman, of course. I think it works out a little bit better than my hackneyed plot that just spoofs notoriously bad show endings.

Everyone has a bad day. The episode jumps back and forth across the whole family dealing with their various issues, nothing super complex, like no major excessive plots, just everyday life in Springfield shit. By the end of the episode, either they have solved their problems for the day, or it's clear the situation won't change, but it won't ruin their lives, sort of thing. Then the family gather together on the couch, turn on the tv and the camera pans backwards out of the house and through town, with the various townsfolks going about their own lives and days, until it pans up into the sky and above the town, with the words The End fading into view before the clouds close over them. Credits.

I think the Simpsons have been going for way too long, so long that it'll probably never end, just imagine a world without Simpsons. The ending would have to be something huge. Just like half life, there's just so much hype that the product will never satisfy the masses.

I'm very sad this wlll never happen

Christ lotta spelling errors and poor word choices. Always edit twice people you're not a slick as you feel like you are.

Ten years in the future. Lisa goes to college, Bart decides to move out on his own, and Homer takes a job in another town. They reminisce. The final scene is everyone leaving the living room one by one looking sad, ending with Homer turning off the lights.

an episode two years in the future. its a low key episode about maggie toddling around with homer. the point of it is to solidify her as the good, easy to deal with child who appreciates how hard her father tries.