So what do you guys think of CW's The Flash? what are some positives and negatives you have about the show?

so what do you guys think of CW's The Flash? what are some positives and negatives you have about the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eRFwGVlF6gE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

negatives
>it's boring
>all problems are solved by running faster
>it's boring
>crossovers with trashy shows
>it's boring
positives
>neat costume
>neat Flash actor
>neat villian
>YOU NEED TO RUN BARRY
>team feels like real frens and Ϝαms
>Barry later dates his black sister-in-law(I find this hot)

positive: flash is kinda cool
negative: i'd have to watch the show and im too lazy to watch it to be honest

>Can I talk with you in the hallway for a bit?

>You got a minute, Ber?

OP here, i agree honestly, the problem with The Flash is that all he has to do is be faster than his opponent and he wins, which is why every villain has been a speedster. hopefully for season 4 The Thinker will prove to be a challenge for him, producers said this time the flash will have to out think the villain, not outrun him.

bring best girl back

I opted out after they introduced the absolute zero gun and absolute heat gun. Absolute bullshit fake science.

science btfo

>freezing photons in place
HOLY SHIT, I'm glad I quit.

OP here, i personally find the campy science pretty funny at times because of how ridiculous it could be

jump back in anytime

>Wally becomes a slave to the speedforce

Kino

Grant did a fantastic job playing savitar, its a shame they waited so long to reveal his identity

It was ok but desu the nigress has ruined he most recent seasons.

LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOY

barry?

shit writing desu, the type of season 1 made everything forgivable. After the shitstorm of season 2 the bad writing was obvious.

>Man can run at speed of sound
>Man who can control the weather
>Man who can turn himself into over 100 clones
>Man who can turn into a cloud of toxic gas
>OMG GUYS, THIS, LIKE, GUN IS WAY, WAY TOO COLD TO BE REAL!!! LIKE CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW DUMB THIS LOOKS!! DROPPING THIS ILLOGICAL PIECE OF SHIT SHOW!!

Nigger, supernatural powers are one thing, I like my capeshit. Making technology behave completely contrary to the universal law of physics is something entirely different and utterly moronic.

BOOTY SPIVOT!!!!!

Pros:
-Scenes with his dad are kino
-Harrison Wells and versions thereof
-Cisco is funny sometimes
-Killer Frost was hot
-Okay CGI, I guses
-Funner than Arrow

Cons
-Black people

>less suspenseful and more casual than Arrow
ftfy

>-Black people

Iris and Barry suck, but Joe is like the best actor on the show.

*Wally*

>less suspenseful

Nah, Thawneand Zolomon brought some great tension.

I do like Joe. I even like Iris and Wally. I wish Wally had stayed racist.

Wally calling barry a white shadow is my favorite wally moment ever.

It's worth watching just for Harrison Wells
youtube.com/watch?v=eRFwGVlF6gE

>Barry wants to fuck a black girl over this

Barry let this one get away for his not!sister.

Right?

Remember when Barry stripped her out of her clothes (when she was drunk) and into pajamas and she said, "did you check me out naked?".

And he's like "no" and she goes "Why not?!".

In this day and age, you gotta love a girl like that.

And I'm sorry, I know some guys think Iris is cute, but compared to Jessica Lucas on Gotham, she looks like fucking dog shit.

>first season
>villain is a speedster who isn't who he appears to be
>second season
>third season

>Complaining about wacky science that doesn't make sense in a COMIC BOOK-based show

She was merely pretending to be drunk. barry can't get drunk.

WAIT!!!!!

Who is that?

Killer Frost or Booty Spivot?

Was she in the covenant?

>crossovers with trashy shows
even worse.. crossover episodes that don't even conclude on the flash but the other crossover show. that may have happened once or twice but FUCK i don't watch the other CW superhero shit

shantel

check her out in final destination if you can

Gave up on it when I realised every big bad was gonna be 'an even faster guy' and Barry has to believe in himself to run faster or some shit.

Good shows invent their own science. Shit shows pretend they use real science, then completely rape real laws of science. That's the difference brainlet.

I remember how much that triggered SJWs.

DAD POWER

seriously, this show is so pro fatherhood, you might think it's written by anti feminists.

would berry with yoghurt

last shot of the season one was dctv's greatest moment. afterwards the show slowly became shit. it's really embarrassing to watch that they try really hard to make Iris useful.

She's team leader now. Maybe that'll work.

I'm an arrow fan but season 4 was fucking trash and 5 recycled everything from 1&2. I want Manu Bennett as Slade to be a main character again because he's fucking great.

I will never understand why they forget about the subplot of Caitlin as a love interest for Barry, it was really heavy hinted the first season and they were so good together (honestly better than Barry/Iris) and then nothing.

Never forget best boy

This was pretty funny and kinda got me feeling like a tumblr girl

>Complaining about how a fictional COMIC BOOK-based show exaggerates laws of science

He's pretty hot

Can someone please post some cute pics of Iris? It's really urgent.

Iris is the endgame pairing.

Plus Barry and Caitlin getting together was planned back when Caitlin's husband was supposed to be The Mist. When the brought in Firestorm he became her endgame pairing (until Robbie Amell dropped out and they had to kill Ronnie).

Wentworth Miller's over-acting and his ridiculously gruff buddy was the best part.

>tfw "Legends of Tomorrow" ended the Rogues storyline before it even began.

YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES!!! my girlfriend is coming back in 10-15 from brunch and now I gotta be like The Flash and throw a beat!

shit.

BREAKS you mongoloid. Every other capeshit can refrain from using science talk when they use something that shouldn't exist. It just works, period. This show goes out of its way to deliver total bullshit explanations for the inner workings of electronic gadgets that simply can not be. If you can not understand why this kind of delivery is completely moronic I suggest you stick to your "comic books", you don't deserve anything live action.

Its better that it didnt happen. I'm cringing at the thought of Cisco getting jealous of losing his friend to Barry and Caitlin becoming Killer Frost while dating Barry. Grant and Danielle do have the chemistry thats missing from Barry and Iris

who jessie quick here

Did they ever imply they were a couple? I honestly cant remember but it feels like something that would happen

Season 4 episodes.

1. The Flash Reborn (October 10, 2017)
>COMING HOME - With Barry trapped in the Speed Force, Iris, Kid Flash, Joe and Vibe have taken over protecting Central City. However, when a powerful armored villain, the Samuroid, threatens to level the city if The Flash doesn't appear, Cisco makes a risky decision to break Barry out of the Speed Force. However, the Barry that comes out isn't the same Barry that went in.

2. Mixed Signals (October 17, 2017)
>BARRY AND IRIS GO TO COUPLES THERAPY - Barry has his hands full when he takes on Ramsey Deacon (guest star Dominic Burgess), a dangerous meta-human who can control technology, while also confronting an obstacle in his personal life: the ramifications of abandoning Iris for six months to balance the Speed Force. Meanwhile, Gypsy (guest star Jessica Camacho) breaches in for a date with Cisco, but she gets annoyed when his work keeps them apart.

3. Luck Be a Lady (October 24, 2017)
>HAZARD COMES TO PLAY IN CENTRAL CITY - Barry and the team are hit by a string of bad luck and realize it is the handiwork of a new meta-human, Becky Sharp (guest star Sugar-Lyn Beard), nicknamed "Hazard", who has the ability to give others bad luck, while cashing in the benefits for herself. Meanwhile, Harry returns to Earth-1 to give Wally a message from Jesse.

4. The Elongated Journey Into the Night (October 31, 2017)
>A new case leads Barry to cross paths with Ralph Dibny (guest-star Hartley Sawyer), an opportunistic meta-human private detective with the power to stretch his body, and despite opposing views on heroism, the two are forced to work together. Meanwhile, Cisco has his hands full trying to impress Gypsy's father, legendary interdimensional bounty hunter Breacher (guest-star Danny Trejo).

5. Girls' Night Out (November 7, 2017)
>Iris, Caitlin, Cecile Horton (guest star Danielle Nicolet) and Felicity Smoak (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) get together for Iris' bachelorette party, but celebrations are cut short when they run afoul of Amunet Black (guest-star Katee Sackhoff), the ruthless leader of the Network, an underground black market for supervillains.

6. When Harry Met Harry (November 14, 2017)
>Harry's search for a new purpose now that Jesse has come into her own as a heroine and no longer needs his guidance is compound by the arrival of a mysterious new doppelganger to Earth-1.

7. Therefore I Am (November 21, 2017)
>Barry's investigation leads to Clifford Devoe (guest star Neil Sandilands), a meta-human with "The Fastest Mind Alive" and a sinister plan to fix all that he deems wrong with the world, and he learns how difficult it is to defeat an enemy who can predict and counter his every move.

8. Crisis on Earth-X (November 28, 2017)
>The wedding preparions of Barry and Iris are interrupted by the arrival of The Ray (guest star Russell Tovey), a freedom fighter from a parallel universe known as "Earth-X", where Nazis have won World War II and conquered the world. The Flash must then rally his allies, including Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the Legends of Tomorrow, to battle their malevolent doppelgangers, the Reichsmen, who have been sent to preven The Ray from succeeding in his mission.

>the Samuroid
pfft

>Cisco getting jealous of losing his friend to Barry

They avoid this kind of cheap drama. Even in season 3, the worst season.

>a freedom fighter from a parallel universe known as "Earth-X", where Nazis have won World War II and conquered the world. The Flash must then rally his allies, including Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the Legends of Tomorrow, to battle their malevolent doppelgangers, the Reichsmen,
Nazi cape kino incoming?

Is that Cold's sister or the bitch that betrays Oliver in season 5?

>that dress she wore to lure out that rapist

I want Bex Taylor Klaus back

Caitlin's pretty average looking as far as CW white girls go. Iris looks a lot more unique.

8 minutes. Barry ain't got shit on me!

Trust me, I'm well versed in SVH from way back in her OTH days. But shit, I've never seen that video before fuck me sideways.

You got a full length source? GQ?

Wally's girlfriend.

>Complaining about a fictional COMIC BOOK-based show giving bullshit explanations for its wacky, exaggerated use of "science"

>They avoid this kind of cheap drama.

How many times did Barry and Iris call off their engagement? How gay was Cisco when Barry traveled to the future? What about giving HR a love interest for the sake of tragedy? They've been at it ever since Patty left

Nope.

"The Flash" presented them as occasional partners in crime who often didn't see eye to eye and "Legends of Tomorrow" later retconned them into chilhood friends/surrogate brothers who have been pulling jobs together since juvie, though.

>BARRY AND IRIS GO TO COUPLES THERAPY
But why....

>How many times did Barry and Iris call off their engagement?
Once.

>How gay was Cisco when Barry traveled to the future?
A lot, but it only lasted four episodes or so.

>What about giving HR a love interest for the sake of tragedy?
Yeah, that was lame. But Tracy was cute.

His dad is the cringiest character ever put on screen

Somewhere on tumblr, I'm sure.

I wish she had a solo episode and proper team up with Wally while Barry was busy with his bs so she wasnt such an afterthought in terms of being a speedster. She's a good character surprisingly. The actor does nothing for me though

It's gonna be played for comedy.

>But Tracy was cute

They went overboard with her make up and it looked like crap. Anne Dudek is best with minimal make up

Whatever nug.

Barry's dad is the heart of the show and every surrogate father subplot stems from it.

>sister in law
>adoptive sister*
ftfy

>where Nazis have won World War II and conquered the world. The Flash must then rally his allies, including Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the Legends of Tomorrow, to battle their malevolent doppelgangers, the Reichsmen, who have been sent to preven The Ray from succeeding in his mission.

this will either be very good or very bad, either way lol

don't sweat that bitch, you know his new favorite show next week is gonna be 23 episodes of daddy issues and being poor.

>Grant and Danielle do have the chemistry thats missing from Barry and Iris
They fit so freaking perfectly together that is amazing, such a shame this relationship is now lost forever.
>Iris is the endgame pairing.
So what? Ollie is still marrying the self insert character of the tumblrinas instead of the still dead Dinah.

She's got an egghead and looks like a frog

This guy got most of it right, but there's a lot more that made it a great show and now makes it a shit show.
>Initial character/powers development was superb
>Barry was still a punk and had to use his brain and his team's brains to beat baddies
>Barry was super likeable and fun
>No-suit/makeshift suit to suit was one of the best in any capeshit, actually made sense
>Focused on superhero stuff, with mild people drama
>Reverse-flash was a great villain
>Entire reverse-flash arc was fucking good as fuck

But then it got really shitty
>Keeps shitting out minor villains even though they're not needed for anything but filler
>Minor villains are weak shit compared to Barry, but put up a fight anyway
>Barry starts acting like a retard and not using his brain, instead just runs straight at enemies
>Same for rest of team
>Forced drama that nobody cares about
>Iris, the worst part of the show, becomes even worse
>Gorilla City episode holy shit this was bad
>Time travel shit is convoluted as fuck
>Forced division in the team, like Mexican guys shitty excuse for being mad at Barry for so long
>Cross-over episodes to shitty shows that leave you totally dry, the next episode has shit going on in it that you would have had to watch 6 seasons of fucking Arrow to understand
>New main villain is lame
>0 continuous development for anyone but Barry

>seriously, this show is so pro fatherhood, you might think it's written by anti feminists.

Then Supergirl is definitely this show's counterpoint. Kara doesn't give a fuck about her dad. And it's not because he was abusive or absent, she just didn't care.

>They fit so freaking perfectly together that is amazing

tumblr pls

The actor who plays Cisco is the most underappreciated on tv/. Not only does he make his cheesy lines work he's also the #1 native american and yet nobody cares or gives him any movie roles or presidential awards or some shit.

Season 2 and 3 are practically parodies compared to season 1, the difference in quality is astounding. I think of the supersonic punch from season 1, or Barry's connection with Iris represented by the finger shocks, or when Barry accidentally runs back in time. There was heart and soul in that season. They make twists now just for the sake of it, they aren't interesting and they usually break the logic of the show. To say the writers have dropped the ball would be an understatement.

CW Flash started as a show based on a comic book, but now it has become a 'comic book show', if you catch my drift. Same thing that happened to Arrow. The actors and setting are the only things holding it up.

>Gorilla City episode

I liked how ambitious it was. They did a great job with the budget. Its shame that Grod, a great character till that point, went to shit so hard.

When Barry stopped arriving at places with his clothes smoking or outright on fire, the show began to suck.

Is a fact that Barry/Caitlin is so much better than Barry/Iris, even if you don't like.

>like Mexican guys shitty excuse for being mad at Barry for so long
barry killed his fucking brother

Not saving him is different than killing him, idiot. Plus you forgot to mention, "Oh yeah if he saved him way worse shit would've happened."
This had already been established and Mexi-Beams was retarded for getting angry about it.

Actually agree, but it was too goofy and the gorillas deciding to not follow their traditions felt hamfisted

How does she feel about her Mom?

I only watched the Flash crossover and most of this new season, but I only saw her Dad, not Mom.

And as somebody who has been tooting Patty and Caitlin's horn this thread... ain't none of them can measure up to the cuteness of my un-harvey'd waifu. Dibs motha fucka.

Negatives: it's capeshit trash for brainlets
Positives: I've never watched it

his brother was only dead because barry decided to save his mom from being killed by a timeline changing speedster

Thanks for clicking. Now back to your soon to be cancelled STD and Orville threads fagboi.

Its kinda sad that out of the DCW shows, The Flash was the worst of the whole lot last season.