Do you know any animations that have depressing or suicidal themes?

Do you know any animations that have depressing or suicidal themes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q079rIJVwgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

moral orel

obligatory bojack

Well, there was that one episode of Spongebob.

Also Rick and Morty

MLP had an almost suicide climax

Drinky Crow

I haven't been keeping up lately, did this really happen?

Yes, it was also the only good episode of the season.
youtube.com/watch?v=q079rIJVwgY

It's Such A Beautiful Day is all about death.

/thread

Ironically ending in absolute immortality

good one

has it had any threads around here?

You know, it's interesting, this got brought up a few days ago in a thread about tear-inducing animations, and I decided to watch it for the first time having seen it mentioned here before.

I didn't find it sad at all, immensely interesting and quite good, but not sad.

I've seen it brought up a lot but not really any like dedicated threads about it. In my opinion it's gotta be in the top 10 animated films of the decade so far.

Mary and Max.

Suicide right in the name.

Well, Adventure Times most recent episodes all make me want to kill myself.

Over the Garden Wall.

Snape kills Dumbledore

RS has a few non-relationshit episodes where Mordecai just gives up and accepts dying.

Every time a cartoon parodies It's A Wonderful Life. The Simpsons, Rugrats, and Fairly Oddparents are among the ones that have done it.

Also some of the times when they adapt Romeo and Juliet.

I don't plan on living past New Years

Time for the big guns

When the Wind Blows
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVq76YvTPMs

>the manticore bows at the end.

Doesn't that mean he was in on it?

I'd rather look at childrens cartoons with these themes more than anything.

He's not talking about the meta, he's talking about the plots. Crying and whining and all your problems go away is hardly worthy of being next to some of the shows mentioned here.

Did you forget about this, or was it not suicidal enough for you when a character actually killed themselves onscreen, just because the other characters didn't spend an episode talking about it or something?

The creators stated that she wasn't trying to kill herself

>Believing the creators when something controversial happens

If that's your highest point of darkness you can buzz off. Was in actuality a cop out as well which leads to cheap feels instead of deep emotions. At most people got a couple tears out. I had more uplifting joyful "tears" than sad ones in TLoK.

It's an anime but welcome to the NHK

Miss Martian gave up and wanted to die out of guilt.

Robotman was suicidal.

Mostly brought up in niche movie/good animation threads. Not too much talk about it, but a good variety of recommendations as much as there is praise about it.

She almost managed, though.

Yeah, and this handsome orange-soda-drinking blue-arms-forgetting man isn't supposed to be a Chris-Chan parody.

Thousand times this. If OP wants something really dark and depressing then this is the correct choice.
The dissonance between cheerful characters and events is too unsettling. Outcome is too obvious, so it's really painful to watch their slow and inevitable end.

You've clearly not had anybody you live succumb to or suffer from a degenerative disease. That'll change, probably.