twitter.com/AnonBabble

you start op

you start op

Anything written by Dan Harmon

Bojack Horseman > Xavier

you know it's true

Bojack can get pretty pretentious

>Diane's rambling that's just parroting political platforms
>Bojack's scene with the admiral which is just the writers working out some issues with the military
>The repetitive self-pitying monologues, usually from Bojack but sometimes from Dianne, Princess Carolyn, and even Sarah Lynn

It's starting to get a little too far up its own ass. Almost as if the writers are reacting to all the praise that some of their darker episodes from seasons 1-3 got and are now saying "Let's just make it super super dark, that's what the people want!".

nah

bojack is the best

yeah diane's parts are usually the most pretentious, she's a huge bitch too characterwise, then again so is bojack most of the time.

but the show manages to not delve too far into politics, neither endorsing the left nor the right, doesn't get into religion, immigration or social class, like so many other shows do nowadays. it's something worth appreciating.

Everyone in this thread is a chomsky honk

To be fair, Xavier S2 had the same problem.

Is this true? Is it actually apolitical? Asking because the only people I know that like/love it are lefty college grad feminist types.

>honk

Well, blue-collar Midwestern Americans can't afford the internet, can they? And even if they did, they'd just be angry and confused because they couldn't work it.

the only obviously political comments i remember are these:
>the navy SEAL in one of the first episodes and the criticism of the US armed forces in general
>nguyen getting an abortion and everybody supporting her in doing so
>bojack making fun of a school play in which a transgendered, transracial "child of winter" is an obvious pc replacement for jesus

DUDE WOMEN SHOULD TOTALLY BUY GUNS BUT WHITE MEN WOULD GET ANGRY SO THATS ANOTHER THING THEYVE RUINED SO DONT BY GUNS NOT BECAUSE WE DONT WANT YOU TO BUT BECAUSE WHITE MEN DONT WANT YOU TO

>no one has posted an example yet

wtf I like men's ballsack sexually now

The show features left wing stuff but it also makes fun of left wing stuff a lot. Considering a big part of the show is about making fun of Hollywood and celeb culture that makes sense.

So kinda sounds like it makes fun of the left but from an insider's [leftist's] perspective.

Yes that's exactly it.

Can it be pretension when the show is lampooning her?

>it makes fun of politics so it's not political
>it made fun of my politics so it is

Fargo tbqhwyf

>nguyen getting an abortion and everybody supporting her in doing so
Tbf there were still some good jokes there

it ain't political if it makes fun of both sides

I think it leans a little too hard on "this show is so sad isn't it sad look how sad and deep it is you guys". So in that way it is kind of pretentious. Usually it's good, sometimes it's annoying. I don't think it's politically pretentious though, except for the Bojack vs the troops episode.

youtu.be/8t6JfL47EW0

even Frisky Dingo was better than Xavier

Nathan 4 U