People are actually claiming that this isn't a masterpiece

>people are actually claiming that this isn't a masterpiece
Is it just trolling or are you all truly this tasteless?

Sup Forums has been an absolute wasteland since baneposting put us in the map and star wars 7 leaks being posted here first. And epsiode is just going to make it even worse

You shouldn't be surprised at all about the amount of tasteless mongs here at this point

I'd say it's a mixture of both. Probably more trolling. You can tell when someone hasn't actually seen it.

They are so many of them though. It's just bizarre. This doesn't seem like your standard contrarianism, it's so rabid.

Blade Runner > 2001: A Space Odyssey

Blade Runner 2049 > 2010: The Year We Made Contact

It's just fags being contrarian.

>that third act
>masterpiece

This place is 99% mongs and then you get the one guy who can get as much out of capeshit as a Bergman film because he's got a deep, well-rounded set of interests and attuned to the universal themes and archetypes beneath the surface of all but the most reddit-tier swill who will totally capture what it is about a scene that stayed with you and give you some hope there are people out there whose eyes don't glaze over at big words and long shots

the tasteless mongs that immigrated from Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums after baneposting are the ones that are liking this piece of shit
this turd would have been hated by the majority of the pre-2012 board, but it's the scum that keeps liking this flick, Logan, and other similar pieces of shit that's been killing Sup Forums for a long time now
nice try though cuckolds

Most people who are here hating on haven't even seen it and are waiting for the whatever atrocious cam rip to get out so they can scroll through the film in 15 minutes on their 13 inch Toshiba laptop so then can shitpost about it some more.

Because Sup Forums half consists of contrarian mongoloids that will shit on everything for no reason.
This. Words to look out for are
>Reddit
>Hack
>boring

Nice long non point-making post. Trolling is an art right?

It's all the same thing
The people calling it a masterpiece are the same plebs that don't watch enough film so anything remotely above capeshit is masterpiece to them

This movie is the ultimate pleb filter. Normies hated it

Speaking of which, one just made another shitpost thread

>high review scores on all normalfag sites like imdb and letterboxd
>plebs like you praising it left and right on Sup Forums
>This movie is the ultimate pleb filter.

Top 10 films of all time and top 20 of the 2010s right now . This shouldn't be a problem for someone that uses stuff like "This movie is the ultimate pleb filter."

Utter shit flick for low IQ brainlets.

>Normies hated it
8.7 on imdb
4.3 on lettercuck
the website that starts with the letter 'r' which you currently have opened in a different tab raving about it
man you plebbitos are really determined in shilling for this flick

*Yawn

Unfortunately, many audiences are just massive plebs. When I left the theater, I overheard a guy telling his friend that it was "pretty gay" and "boring"

>Trolling is an art right?
certainly more of an art than blade runner 2049

It's a visual masterpiece. That much is undeniable.

Normies are the ones who only browse twitter, facebook and snapchat. The ones who on a whim decided to watch 2049 because they saw Gosling from The Notebook and Harrison Ford from Star Wars and thought it would be "fun"

Which is why they were literally filtered and left the cinema half way through with their 3d girlfriend because they didn't "get it"

So was Avatar. What's your point?

>Blade Runner 2049 ends
>credits start rolling
>mfw

No it wasn't, Avatar is just a bunch of empty pretty pictures that tell no story, only a technological feat, while there isn't a single shot in BR 2049 that isn't propelling the narrative forward.

This was actually good.

me too bro. Gonna see it again tomorrow

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Honestly if I hear someone call this fucking movie boring one more time I'm going postal

>normies are only on twitter facebook and snapchat
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It actually has a few shortcomings that make it fall just short of masterpiece status.
>Jared Leto's character mumbling Philosophy101-tier shit constantly. Luckily he doesn't have much screentime, but still too much.
>That fucking sex scene
>The plot is not bad per say but kind of unoriginal. Muh unique messiah figure that could completely break society as we know it, and as such is being hunted by the super powerful shadowy bad guy and protected by a following of religious zealots. Has been done about 3049438075 times.

It's still an extremely good movie, but it takes more to make a masterpiece.

just stop

Logan was trash

if there is a consensus forming around blade runner 2049 is that it is a genuine blade runner sequel, even armond recognizes this despite trashing both, and that's a remarkable achievement on its own

>he didn't like the sex scene
>le philosophy 101 when he can't even probably give me an example of actual high-level philosophical dialogue

pleb detected

>Normies are those ones in this context
Not that hard, do you honestly think 90% of people sitting in a theatre watching GotG even fucking browse reddit or even rotten tomatoes or even IMDB, they dont even torrent. They fucking pick seats on the edge or front of the cinema.

That is who we are dealing with

This, and it feels less "complete" than the original (not because is a sequel).
Is still pretty good IMHO.

Wallace was gonna use the daughter to breed more replicants faster whether that be by research or insemination. She is the only remainder of Rachel's genes and Tyrell's great work apart from the buried bones

I know, and that was perfectly sufficient. Wallace wants her because she could help him understand how to reproduce Tyrell's miracle and conquer the stars, and K wants to save her because of her memories and Deckard. The whole Replicant revolutionary movement treating her as a messiah figure was completely unnecessary especially considering they have like 2 minutes of screentime and are never mentioned again after that.

Blade Runner is a legitimate masterpiece in all levels and an honest example of an achievement in film-making.

2049 is a gorgeous film, best of the year, fuck, it's so good it's prolly the best for the next 5 years, that's how above the competition it is. But it ain't a masterpiece.

>kino

I think that one could argue that being a sequel is forcefully derivative so it cannot be as influential as the original.
Nonetheless, is better than most of the shit I have seen in the last 5 years I think. Possibly more.

>Blade Runner is a legitimate masterpiece in all levels and an honest example of an achievement in film-making.

>2049 is a gorgeous film, best of the year, fuck, it's so good it's prolly the best for the next 5 years, that's how above the competition it is. But it ain't a masterpiece.

The replicant revolutionaries wanted her to break the wall between the replicant slave class and the master human class she would be an example of a replicant born with a soul and real memories capable of living her own life, stronger and better than the humans, more human than human

>I think that one could argue that being a sequel is forcefully derivative so it cannot be as influential as the original.
Nonetheless, is better than most of the shit I have seen in the last 5 years I think. Possibly more.

>The replicant revolutionaries wanted her to break the wall between the replicant slave class and the master human class she would be an example of a replicant born with a soul and real memories capable of living her own life, stronger and better than the humans, more human than human
Yes, and that's extremely unoriginal.

There is nothing fedora in the post. Is more fedora stating that is a masterpiece or, as the exact opposite, say is shit because is not Lang.

i havent watched it but pre hate it.

same thoughts as alien covenant (although it's significantly better). should have just made a brand new film and done away with the references and continuity. there was really no need for harrison ford or sean young to be in this and building the plot around them having a baby was the worst part of the film. the most interesting parts of the film didn't need to be blade runner(tm)

but technically it's very, very good. I love roger deakins. I've seen only 15 movies from 2017 but this is easily top three

>Unoriginal
Generally so is copying from the old classics which so many movies do but its about execution aswell, film is visual.

What do you mean unoriginal in this case what are some other movies with this exact idea?

LMAO Blade Runner takes from R.U.R. and R.U.R takes from these themes.
Is either a reference or a full circle you brainlet.

that doesnt mean anything. "its a good blade runner sequel" doesnt mean its a good watch.

The idea of an oppressed underclass organizing itself around a messiah figure that embodies a form of change that could destroy the established order is one of the most common tropes in cyberpunk fiction.

What's wrong with the front of the cinema? I want the screen to look big

I just got my eardrums blown out by a theatre that had the whole movie too loud. Holy shit beach scene fucked me up and I almost left. Wish I would have just redboxed it instead of having to wince at every transition.

Its all distorted you have to look completely up and move your head, also to the side. The whole idea of a foreground and background with a sense if depth is lost.

Delends on cinema size

it means exactly what I said it means, it's a genuine sequel to blade runner

"genuine" doesn't mean it's good, bad, worse, better, identical, unfaithful, etc., it just means that it follows in the spirit of the original

it's honestly much better than what I was expecting, which was a quick cash grab / setup for a bladerunner cinematic universe

Then go to an actual cinema with a big screen user, what kind of third world country do you live in that you have to get in the front seat for the screen to "look big"?

so basically its not worth watching. you dont regret buying a ticket but its not a great movie either.

It's one of the only films worth a trip to the cinema this year beside Dunkirk user

not people outside Sup Forums they don't

Despite the story being simple the film stretches it way, way too far and ends up being very self-indulgent as a result.
The audio/visual experience is great but the movie goes by a snail's pace to keep anyone in suspense or thrilled at all.

remember that half of /tv doesn't step out of their basement and they wait for the blu ray torrents

this movie... it's like hearing your favorite song remixed to some exquisite techno charged up to 20x and played back in IMAX super HD audio

i haven't been this satisfied with the consistency of a movie since LOTR

depends on how much you like the original

yeah, you don't wanna go out to the movie, people might point at you and laugh

If you're calling this film a masterpiece, you're either underage or you're a film school retard who feels obligated to fellate the industry.

Which one are you?

It runs about 40 minutes too long, the plot gets convoluted at points and not in a good way, and the gangbang should happened earlier in the film, also harrison ford shouldn't have been in it

NO ONE likes it besides the critics user.

Patrician

the second to last scene made it worthwhile

>clueless youtube casuals who expected an action heavy flick because of the mismarketed trailer don't like it
wow what a surprise

>Youtube comments
Minimal attention span plebs didn't like it, kek.

>it just means that it follows in the spirit of the original
the orginal film had balls and at least some sort of a artistic vision
the fact that the studio basically decided to make their own version of the film proves it
such a thing will not happen with 2049, because everybody involved in it is already in bed with the studio, and not just any studio but fucking sony
the scum that will make a film about anything just so they can make a quick buck, the emoji movie and the angry birds movie prove that
something nobody can take away form the orginal is great visuals, great soundtrack, attempts at moral and emotional ambiguity
all of these things are missing from 2049

>There is nothing fedora in the post. Is more fedora stating that is a masterpiece or, as the exact opposite, say is shit because is not Lang.

it couldn't have possibly happened earlier in the film because you can't have sex if you're an emotionless freak

How is an almost 3 hour long R rated slow burning visually focused neo-noir sci fi film that deals with the human condition the studio trying to make a "quick buck"?
It's one of the most risky projects of recent times, and these days Hollywood takes absolutely zero risks.

>when the trailer fools the pleb masses into paying for a 3 hour long character centric kinofest

BRAVO

did you even see the movie? dumbest post I have read this year

for what it's worth, as a regular Joe, I recommend seeing this movie in theaters. Not because it's "Kino" or some contrived joke to sound like a intellectual. It's the first movie in a while that didn't seem entirely forced with a message. I enjoyed the original, and I enjoyed this sequel.

>this movie isnt shit thats why everyone should go watch it
the absolute state of Sup Forums plebs

I'm glad Sup Forums isn't buying into this shit unanimously.

2049 was fucking glib. Too long and nothing to offer outside of pretty photography and VFX. Have you seen the original Blade Runner? Do you know why that film works?

The story in the original was so straightforward but hinted towards greater themes under the surface. 2049 beats you over the fucking head with its themes and plot - which is largely predictable and unsurprising. And of course, it all has to be leading towards le epic war against the humans vs the replicants.

The original had an amazing visual design that juxtaposed film noir with modern sci-fi. An interesting contrast. Meanwhile, 2049 takes all its inspiration from modern franchised film making - that same old mixture of Asian cinema, Brutalism and VFX gimmicks we've already seen in so many films already.

I'm ashamed that Blade Runner's name is now attached to a medicore film that follows trends rather than sets them. No one will remember this.

>2049 was fucking glib
Was it, dare I say it...A glib facsimile?

overrated as fuck, ending sucked major balls, you need better taste my dude

>which is largely predictable and unsurprising
Yeah I'm sure you knew how K will end up being just an average generic replicant with no identity.
And you constantly say VFX while the vast majority of the film was filmed in-camera, completely practical.

Also I would even say that the romantic subplot was here ten times as genuinely emotionally investing and better executed in general than the absolutely flat romance we got in the original.

>uhh... he's not saying pretentious shit to sound like a phd holder? What a pleb!

The absolutely horrid state of Sup Forums "patricians"

>2049 beats you over the fucking head with its themes and plot

not at all, the core argument of the movie regarding it's main theme isn't even present in the narrative, rather it's in the meta narrative, you just completely missed the point of the movie focusing on the background universe building with leto and the resistance etc.

>Also I would even say that the romantic subplot was here ten times as genuinely emotionally investing and better executed in general than the absolutely flat romance we got in the original.

Too bad that's in the peripheral. However, I will concede this even if it does not redeem the film.

>Yeah I'm sure you knew how K will end up being just an average generic replicant with no identity.

It wasn't obvious that they were setting up a bait and switch when the records revealed there was a female and male profile?

>you just completely missed the point of the movie focusing on the background universe building with leto and the resistance etc.

the point is to set up a franchise of sequels.

>mfw Marv killing Rourke is a Blade Runner reference with the actor from Blade Runner

nice opinion, but come back after you see the movie, and in a real theatre

>Too bad that's in the peripheral
How is it exactly? The romantic sub plot is entirely integral to the story and the entire character of K, there's more scenes of his waifu then scenes with Deckard.

>It wasn't obvious that they were setting up a bait and switch when the records revealed there was a female and male profile?
That's atleast one hour in the movie user.

there are 2 short action sequences in the entire movie

they weren't trying to set up shit

ok.

Villeneuve has said multiple times that he made the film exactly like he wants with zero obligations or thoughts about any sequels whatsoever.

>How is an almost 3 hour long
being long doesnt equal good
a cure for wellness was 2 and a half hours long and it was still a piece of shit
>R rated
the only thing that warranted an r rating for this were "dude boobs lmao", none of the fight scenes or action sequences were particularly violent or gory,
they just slapped the r rating because they wanted to make the audiences think that this isnt your "typical movie"
>slow burning
i dont think you know what that means my friend
a slow burner must have a specific quiet, subdued athmosphere that gets unexpectedly interrupted by a violence or an overdramatic scene
a perfect example of slow burners are the Dardenne brothers films
2049 is a big budget blockbuster with its every beat, which automatically stops it from being a slow burner, and that god awful soundtrack made it even less of a slow burner
>visually focused
the visuals were terrrible
>deals with the human condition
just stop it
stop embarrasing yourself
i'm telling you this for your own good

>Never liked Deakins Cinememeography
>Never liked most of Hans Zimmer's rip off soundtracks
>Think Villeneuve is a bit overrated

Yet this was one of my favorite Kinos of the year. They got me this time.

>R rated for boobs
He gutted the replicant because she was barren and showed her completely nude and defenseless

>showdown between replicant and blade runner
>xD look it's raining!

>Visuals were terrible
Nice meme

reddit currently has >40% giving it 10/10