I have a feeling that this will be the end of DCEU

I have a feeling that this will be the end of DCEU.

> the end
it never even got started. motherfucking disaster factory

Probably but not because it'll be shit, but because Batffleck is gonna pull out due to alcoholism.

They should have taken some time to develope their universe with a few good films before rushing it and bursting their load with suicide squad and bvs.

MoS and BvS were excelent. The mistakes were SS, WW and now JL.

If you believe otherwise you're a pleb.

People will trash this movie and say things like "Not even Wonder Woman could carry it", but because it will be another BvS or Suicide Squad thing where the movie gains a reputation because of how shit it is, that enough people actually go watch it to warrant a sequel.

I feel that bvs would have been alot more impactful if we had got a batman film first with deadshot, croc and joker&Harely as villans since that would be a nice lead up to SS too. But no its all a rush.

A happy ending

Why a Batman movie first? You had everything you needed to understand DCEU Batman in BvS.

lmao

Honestly you're the biggest pleb on the planet if you take those BvS threads un-ironically.

Some of the most childish reasoning I've ever seen on this board.

No, you're the biggest pleb you fail to understand such a simple movie and gets mad whenever people here make fun of your stupidity.The threads are only ironic in the way the fans mess with the dumb posters.

They should have seen the warning signs

The DCEU was never real

/thread

BvS and MoS are simple movies absolutely no one failed to understand. They're also shit.

So the only reason not to like a movie is that you don't understand it? LOL

BvS is ultimate underage filter I swear. You guys are the new equivalent of the idiots that thought MoS being a Jesus metaphor was actually deep.

I bet if i ask you simple thing about the movie you'll fail to properly explain and then act all fucking mighty when i point out your mistake.

No, you can hate the movie for the many reasons, but usually the stupid people that say that BvS was shit always go on about plotholes that don't exist and other stupidity they conjured up themselves because they didn't payed attention to the movie.

They need to get back to making art like the dark knight

>Tfw Sup Forums is the only place on the Internet that isn't unironically sucking this movies dick.
God bless you anons

But when you're asked to explain what the movie means, you'll start crying about some guy named pajeet.

What? No. I always try to talk about the movie in a civilized manner because it is a movie that i enjoyed.

And i'm not even talking about the DC vs Marvel bullshit, since i love tons of the MCU movies. I'm not even that big fan of the DCEU. For example i've no faith in JL.

It's just that MoS and BvS were really great movies for me.

Plotholes in BvS do exist. Inconsistent characterisation is a huge issue though and it stems from a botched production process, the most obvious of which being Lex adopting the cut Joker's lines and making his character essentially unuseable.

BvS is absurdly surface level. I can't even begin to describe what a tragedy it is. I've seen people on this board unironically quote the 'dying in a gutter' quote as an example of brilliant writing. It's a direct lift from TDKR, and slightly tweaked to be used entirely out of context in a manner where it loses so much of it's genuinely deeper meaning within TDKR. That line of thinking from you morons - that's it's a strong line - pisses me off because it shows that like Snyder you're only capable of watching things at a surface level.

There are far too many instances to go in on like that when it comes to BvS. It's a huge pleb filter here.

OH YOU THINK?

The issues boil down to how these new takes on well established and iconic characters don't make any real sense in either the context of the films or the context of the character's history. To the point the characters bear zero resemblance to their namesakes.

The accountant was a better take on batman than batfleck.

There's only one plot-hole in BvS, in my opinion, and there's no inconsistent characterization. None. I can fucking guarantee you.

>I've seen people on this board unironically quote the 'dying in a gutter' quote as an example of brilliant writing. It's a direct lift from TDKR, and slightly tweaked to be used entirely out of context in a manner where it loses so much of it's genuinely deeper meaning within TDKR. That line of thinking from you morons - that's it's a strong line - pisses me off because it shows that like Snyder you're only capable of watching things at a surface level.

I'm sorry, but the movie made that line mean so MUCH more than how it played in the original comic. You've no idea. It explain so much more about Batman's character than just being a macho thing like in the original comic.

I think you're just too attached to the comics interpretations of the characters and failed to be open minded about the movie.

My favorite line from BvS has to be
>things fall, and what falls, is fallen

Is that a Jesus symbol

negro it was bruce bitching about his origin for no good reason

His line about the world only making sense if you force it too actually had more meaning, as it was a direct nod to the fact the script was a random mess.

The new takes make complete sense in the context of these new movies and if you're truly a fan of these characters you wouldn't be beholden to only one interpretation of them, since these characters had tons of different takes throughout on the comics alone.

The Superman from the 30's ins't the same as the Superman of the 40's that isn't the same as the Superman of the 60's or 80's. You'd know this if you knew shit about the character.

You can spew that nonsense all you like, but the DCEU is specifically built around a number of superheros that go out of their way to not be heroic.

This is not even Gal Gadot on the poster.
It's just some random woman who doesn't have the forehead of a caveman.

>Blue Batman logo
>WW had all her Gods killed
>Cyborg has no humans parts other than his head and looks like a fucking transformer
I like the version of Aquaman they chose however.

In the movie that line served to show how much Bruce idolized his father as a role model and example of heroism, as well how little he viewed himself and Superman when compared to his idolized dead father.

In the comic that line only served to show how much Bruce wanted to dick measure to feel better about himself during his mid-life crisis.

This is what i talk about when i say people didn't payed attention to the movie.

Stop being racist against Neanderthals, they were smart and pacific people.

They were plenty heroic in the movies, dipshit. Out of arguments now?

and its entirely silly as all the man did was be rich then get shot. As they made bruce like 6 years old this time around.

You could try to say it was a statement on how idolization is more about what the idolizer needs the idol to be, but this doesn't actually manifest anywhere.

Homecoming was good.

I agree? Still, i thought we were talking about MoS and BvS? But yeah, Homecoming was very pleasant and fun movie.

>flash is characterized as active
>has done nothing but protect some insured diamonds

>batman runs around doing nothing but outclassing sex-slavers and petty crooks

>clark never once at any point puts himself in anything resembling a risky position

I'm being generous here, as you just said "no" and then pretended you had won the argument.

Not him but no there wasnt. When you make a movie about Batman v Superman it should be clear cut abut what these characters ideals are. This movie was just a murdering psychopath vs a murdering insane hypocrite.

>and its entirely silly as all the man did was be rich then get shot.

But that's the point, user. Batman was feeling hatred for himself and Superman because both of them only managed to ruin others lives with fighting their pointless crusades believing themselves to be heroes, when in fact the real heroes are the ones that bleed and die fighting not for a lofty goal, but to protect their loved ones.

That's what that line about his parents dying the gutter, Superman believing himself to be special and the whole being man thing was about. He was comparing Superman to his father.

But now Aquaman is so cool now guys! He drinks real alcohol and has tattoos!

Marvel had more movies and extra time to build their base, DC decided to just rush and that's the result, if this movie bombs then that might be the end.

Can you stop memeing?

>pisswater
>real alcohol

You can just start whining about that pajeet guy if you want. It's clear you're done.

Clark always went out of his way to save people even when he knew that would very well fuck with his plans to stay anonymous.

Batman had 20 years of fighting crime behind before he grew delusioned due to the lack of results and amounts of tragedy.

The Flash going by the trailers seems like a rookie hero afraid of his own powers that is trying to help the best he can.

What now?

How can you be so full of shit? Like seriously are you this full of your self that you would just lie like this? None of these points were ever implied in the movie you hack.

Considering you just said "no" three times without any real quantification of your claims, except on flash, where you backed up my argument, I wait for you to make a real counter to the assertion that the DCEU is built around superheros that are neither all that super or heroic.

Every DCEU movie has sucked ass except Man of Steel. Justice League looks fucking terrible

That guy is not the one you've been discussing with. That's me and your post proved nothing. The movie make everything clear cut. You failing to understand what the characters were all about is not on the movie, but on your lack of attention.

I'm not lying. Do you want me to go step by step over this shit so you can finally understand such a simple scene? The movie goes on an almost exhaustive length constantly showing Bruce whining about his father to drive the point across.

Well then espouse some proper interpretations backed with evidence from the movie.

> It explain so much more about Batman's character than just being a macho thing like in the original comic.

But what am I reading.

Quote from the comic:

> You sold us out, Clark. You gave them the power that should have been ours. Just like your parents taught you. My parents taught me a different lesson... lying on this street... shaking in deep shock... dying for no reason at all. They showed me that the world only makes sense when you force it to.

Context: Superman is the only 'legitimised' superhero by virtue of agreeing to work for the government. The government has sent him to fight Batman, who is maintaining order in an otherwise anarchic Gotham outside of the government's jurisdiction. Superman genuinely believes it's not within Batman's right to make these kinds of choices or weild this kind of power, that it's 'their world' and not his or Superman's. He's the flag saluting man who believes in government as opposed to consitution.

The line here is an expression of the running dichotomy between the two men over the course of the entire book. The themes of taking responsibility, taking the crisis situation into your own hands, a way of dealing with the world Bruce fell into the night his parents died. This line was the conclusion of that, vs. the God who thought making himself a slave to these people's whims is proper.

It is also worth noting that nothing here was assumed as a result. Both men know each other, both men know their fundamental motivations are different. Bruce is an expression of a reaction to a dying world, Clark is an expression of a philosophy designed to structure the world comprehensibly so it can be managed and 'fixed' in a 'proper' way. They knew this about each other, even as they fought together. Again, it had already been alluded to that this would always happen. Despite their working towards the same goal, their FUNDAMENTALS would always ensure they are actually at odds and always would be.

>I'm not lying. Do you want me to go step by step over this shit so you can finally understand such a simple scene? The movie goes on an almost exhaustive length constantly showing Bruce whining about his father to drive the point across
The 2 replayed alley scenes? What are you referring too?

The qualifications were the fucking movies themselves.

Take Superman. MoS show that Superman was saving people even before donning the suit, otherwise Lois would be unable to find more about him since all her findings were based on the people accounts of his anonymous heroism.

BvS goes on and on about how Batman have fought for 20 years without Gotham changing for the better and how that took a toll on him to the point where he doesn't see any point to his existence anymore.

Then you're a giant retard.

In the movie they change the opening of the quote:

> I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to.

This is literally just a macho line. You're explictly told Batman's motivation here. It hasn't been set up. It's not an expression of almost 3 hours of characterisation: this is it. The dichotomy is non-existent. It's place is insignifcant compared to the comic's line - they aren't fighting because of these fundamentals, they're fighting because he thinks Superman is dangerous and Superman is being blackmailed by Lex.

It is just a macho line here.

That I have to explain COMICS to you is why BvS is a fucking pleb filter.

This is like trying to explain to someone why the final dual of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is more engaging than any dual from the Star Wars prequels despite it only being one shot.

I hope you grow up one day.

I hope this is copy pasta because your wrong. This movie isn't smart. It's called BvS for crying out loud.

Child.

t. can't read

I'm explaining to this brainlet why the quote means more in the comics and why the movie butchers a COMIC BOOK LINE because it is made by a man who is not able to read things beyond a surface level, and he in thinking it's better in the movie betrays the same flaw in himself.

The movie is fucking bad, I hope I dont have to teach you how to read while I teach this guy how to contextualise COMIC BOOKS in his head.

Go look up bravery real quick, as it's basically the definition of heroic.

Now apply that to an invulnerable god-person.

Now examine what clark did in MoS and most of BvS.

DCEU threads are always comfy.

When did Sup Forums become such a garbage forum?

Why is this allowed?

My bad

they tend to be the last bastion of anything remotely resembling discussion

The lines serve different purposes in the comic and the movie, and i agree with you that there's a set up for it in the comic, but you're wrong about there being not set up for it in the movie as well.

You complain about the director and me making a surface read of the comic, but you made yourself a surface read of the movie.

The whole fucking movie you've Batman feeling like his mission has been a lie, that his struggles and throughout the last 20 years have been for nothing, that the only thing he managed to accomplish with his crusade was hurt those close to him. That he feels so low and wrong that he can't see a distinction between him and the criminals fought his entire life anymore. That because of all of it he's just as bad as them.

That's how his clash with Superman began in the movie. He started to see Superman thanks to the Metropolis tragedy and several others that would soon follow in the same light as him. Both him and Superman were trying to play hero, but all they were really accomplishing with their pointless efforts was making things worse for everyone. That they need to answer for that.

Meanwhile we see him idolizing his father and feeling he failed him. Why? Because his father was utterly human. He fought, bleed and died trying only to protect his family. Those around. Those that actually mean something. Not some lofty ideal like eradicating fucking crime or whatever the fuck else Superman is fighting for. But people. The people that Batman and Superman has been ignoring in their crusades.

There's your set up right there. The set up you ignored.

Batman is accusing Superman of thinking of himself the same way Batman used to. That he was alive for a reason. That his crusade meant something. But lately Batman realized that is a lie. Remember the opening scenes? Batman's existence will only make sense if Batman take action and that action is kill Superman and dying along with it

> In the comic that line only served to show how much Bruce wanted to dick measure to feel better about himself during his mid-life crisis.

Nah but please go read and finish school before you post here again.

I want you to start developing a not-pleb taste in film because honestly I want this board to be better. It used to be. I remember in 2012 when people developed opinions here on Iranian film due to A Seperation and it made me ungodly prepared for The Salesman years later. Meanwhile plebbit had four jason statham threads a day.

Now we unironically have BvS capeshit schlock being praised and it originated from ironic threads that teenagers looking to be edgy and cool thought they should take seriously because they don't have an analytical brain cell in their head yet. You've been misguided and it's OK, except it's bringing the quality of a board I've been going to for years down.

If you legitimately want help with this, let me know. 'cause god damn this crap has gone on long enough.

how long until the new trailer arrives?

Except Bruce doesn't know any of that. It's literally that simple.

You've also just said 'he thinks Superman is dangerous' but in two paragraphs. Yeah, I get it, it's just surface level and not at all deep and not even well written because again, Bruce doesn't know these things. So all the line is for Bruce is an angry assumption that nullifies the latter half of the line about his own situation which just tells us he's very angry about it. It's not an expression of a dichtomy him and Clark and the rest of the world have always seen, that bought them together in common purpose but was always going to drive them apart.

He's just angry.

Tommorow

Sunday 9pm et

so monday here in aus? fuuck

I'll break this down really simply for you.

> I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason.
For Bruce, entirely assumption. He's not pointing out anything. Just in his head he MUST be a hypocrite because he's angry at him and wants him to be a bad person.

> My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to.

Is him telling Clark that he's come from a bad place, though he's just assumed Clark hasn't. He's just angry here and wants Clark to feel it.

Compare that to above. You just made me explain 'Batman is angry' vs. what I had to for the comic version.

>Batman feeling like his mission has been a lie, that his struggles and throughout the last 20 years have been for nothing, that the only thing he managed to accomplish with his crusade was hurt those close to him. That he feels so low and wrong that he can't see a distinction between him and the criminals fought his entire life anymore. That because of all of it he's just as bad as them.

The problem with bvs is bruce isn't just feeling that, he literally is that. That's how the character is established. That's how all the characters are established. Painstakingly.

Hence the earlier assertion about how the DCEU has been built around "superheros" that are neither all that heroic or exceptional.

Nice quads

But dude they're angry!!!! Marvel orange slices for kids LULZ! ! !

I responded to his post here .

And i still stand about what i said in regards to the comic.

That user tried to fluffy it up, but he's ignoring the fact that Superman always took matters into his hands, much like Batman. That Superman was the original fucking socialist champion righting wrongs left and right, and pointing a finger to government officials while threatening them to do a better job for the little people.

That before Superman decided to side with the government for the overall good in the comic he was fighting crime the same way Batman did. Superman wasn't always like that, he had a heel turn, and in the sequence we learn is because the president kidnapped the bottled kryptonian citizens that were in his Fortress of Solitude. So before all that the power was pretty much in Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman's hands. For example in the sequence Wonder Woman is also lamenting the thrill that was to be people's hero and have all the adulation and self-importance that came with it. The same Batman does in the original comic.

Thanks

> That user tried to fluffy it up, but he's ignoring the fact that Superman always took matters into his hands, much like Batman. That Superman was the original fucking socialist champion righting wrongs left and right, and pointing a finger to government officials while threatening them to do a better job for the little people.

No, lol, that's never been him at all. Even if you want to assume that, we've had four volumes of storyline establishing how he - and it's in the damn quote even - sold them out.

Christ almighty.

> Literally spent all of his comics run fighting for 'Truth, Justice and the American Way'
> 'original fucking socialist champion'

Is the only Superman comic you ever read 'Red Son' or some shit? The other user is so right about you LOL

All those people were forced how by gingermod dude
Sup Forums will never be the way it was unless /film/ is made and Sup Forums gets beat out kick

>aquaman
>no orange scales or blonde hair

Gee, it's not like projection is a big theme of the movie now, isn't it? Or that Batman was wrong about his assumptions over Superman's character.

>Just in his head he MUST be a hypocrite because he's angry at him and wants him to be a bad person.

THAT'S THE MOTHERFUCKING POINT!

>Is him telling Clark that he's come from a bad place, though he's just assumed Clark hasn't. He's just angry here and wants Clark to feel it.

No, it's him equating his parents senseless crime to his own feelings of purposelessness. His parents murder had no reason, his life has no reason, but by attempting to kill Superman he's trying to give his life some meaning. That's what that line is about.

Superman is the good guy of the movie, not Batman.

> THAT'S THE MOTHERFUCKING POINT!

Yes it is, and all that means is he's angry.

That's not a big theme. That's dumb, simple kiddy shit and an absurd amount of tiers down from the comic's use of the line. The comic itself isn't necessarily that deep either. BvS is just that shallow.

Again, it's not that people don't understand it. It's that it's equivalent to lessons in underage cartoons.

It's all flair and no substance.

Superman looks great, but is a bland actor with no charisma. Same with Aquaman, and Wonder Woman. Cyborg looks very dead as well.

Ben Affleck has charisma but looks like he doesn't give a fuck and couldn't even be bothered to diet properly for BvS.

The only source of charisma in the cast is The Flash, and he's just being shoehorned in, rather than getting his own film like Flashpoint.

Eisenberg is just the nail in the coffin. He could have made a great Riddler but they decided to call him Lex instead.

>Clark always went out of his way to save people even when he knew that would very well fuck with his plans to stay anonymous.
>Clark went out of his way to save people when he knew that would fuck his plans to stay anonymous.
>Clark... save people... his plans to stay anonymous.
>Clark... anonymous.

Are you trying to suggest that clark kent of all people is superman? Preposterous.

bvs and mos defenders are some of the stupidest people on the planet

Dude, if your first exposure to Superman was The Dark Knight Returns i feel sorry for you. That's now how Superman is supposed to be. That was just Miller trying to do a meta reading of the perceived image the character gained with all the patriotic shit done with him during the 40's, which happened only in things like radio show, tv series, comic covers and some advertising material. Not actual comic material, even back then.

fpbp

theres a few subreddits doing the same thing as well, newfriend

It would be the end if Snyder still had full control

reminder Cameron disagrees

Regardless if you liked BvS or not you can't deny those threads when the movie first came out were something else. You don't get to witness that type of discussion in Sup Forums nowadays.

The comic was about Batman having a mid-life crisis and trying to take control of his own life by taking control of the world.

The movie follows that same line of thought, but expand on it by meditating on the pointlessness of Batman's career as it shown in the comics and how might that affect the character, along with all that nice Plato shit.

that's zack snyder you fucking moron, that's not bvs and mos

>MoS and BvS were excelent
Can we end this meme already?