Would a Shantae cartoon series work? Last thread died

Would a Shantae cartoon series work? Last thread died.

I start.

>An episode where Bolo builds a flying machine when Shantae is taking a nap but when she realizes what is is she tries to use it so that she and Bolo can go out bowling but what Sky tells her that she needs to the opera with Mimic she fakes being sick so she will not need to go.
>Sky expects Shantae to rest with Bolo watching over her but instead they take Bolo's flying machine to fly through the sky to go bowling but when Sky fines out that Shantae is not at home she worries so she goes the the bowling ally across the street them the opera house only to find what she thinks is Shantae & Bolo, Shantae turns into a dude when Bolo puts on a fake mustache which he grabbed from a broom, Sky tells them "I'm sorry, you just remind me of 2 people I knew" and goes back home.
>Shantae then turns back to normal when Bolo removes the fake mustache and when Bolo wants to go back bowling Shantae tells him that the need to beat Sky to her home so they take the flying machine and they beat her to the punch.
>Sky enter Shantae's home only to find her in bed with Bolo reading her a story, Sky says she is sorry she ever doubted them only to have Bolo use the fake mustache bit he did in the bowling ally, Shantae tells Bolo that he is a idiot when Sky realizes that they were in they Bowling ally and she was faking it so that she can go bowling instead.
>Sky gets angry and Shantae & Bolo run away to get on his flying machine to avoid Sky beating them up only to fly for 6 hours only to get tired, cuts to black and end.

Yes, yes it would. HGH proves it.

Yea.

Absolutely, and especially with a show like Sonic Boom showing that even a horrible video game can have a good show based around it.

Way I would do it is have the first few episodes, or a "30-minute special/pilot" that either makes a big story that introduces the characters, or a sort of short retelling of the first game, just something that shows how well the characters work together.
After that, just one-off stories that explore the land and the occasional look into side characters, dungeons, and even monsters.

The game is hella fun by the way

Kickstarter does work

Yea, 3 times.

>Shovel Knight
>Yooka Laylee
>This

If Comcept just delayed Mighty No.9 into late 2017, cancel the PS360 & Wii U versions and just release it on PS4, XB1, Switch & PC the game will hold up better.

>Episode name: Roommates
>Shantae gets a call from her old roommate: Shovel Knight! (guest starring Shovel Knight). he invites her over for their kickstarter high school reunion. But when she comes to the party, she finds Shovel Knight up to his shovel in problems caused by their other roommate: Beck (guest starring Beck from Mighty Number 9). It's up to Shantae to help Shovel Knight keep Beck in line before he goes and ruins the kickstarter reunion for everyone else.

It's nice to see Kickstarter projects that actually deliver.
Certainly a welcome change of pace.

But it only happened 3 times.

Remember Cans Without Labels and understand why Kickstarter rarely works.

HGH is awful, though. Half the game is backtracking, and you can max it out in less than a weekend.

I've watched Kickstarter Nonstarters, I know how terrible these projects can be.

It is not awful, you are thinking of No Man's Sky.

I know, Mighty No.9 should of just been a 2017 game.

Skullgirls worked out well

Hispanics gettin' home runs?

Make that 4.

5 if that team's next game makes it to market and gets good reviews.

So its short. Big deal. Fun while it lasts.

What kind of show would it be? A story-based adventure? A straight forward comedy? A little of both.

It was said in the last thread, but they'd possibly have to tone down the sexual themes from the games to get a show off the ground. Can't say it would be difficult, just add a little more fabric to the outfits.

>half the game is mandatory backtracking to find some random item
>fun

No, no it isn't.

Shantoetally Spies

Magical girl monster of the week adventures. With lots of hip wiggling transformation sequences into whichever animal will help defeat that week's villain.

Both, but with single story plots.

Air it with the other adult cartoons, it will put them to shame.

No, intelligent comedy, we have not had one in over a decade.

I'm not saying it can't have an overarching plot or funny jokes.
I'm just saying if Shantae's not wiggling her hips and transforming into neat animals, then what's the point?

Tom. Cmon.

She turns into a dude in , just no "X of the week", we want original stories.

Still.

After people were getting bamboozled with a Overwatch fan comic (Really people? If that was canon and official people will avoid western games forcing IPs like Shantae & Yooka Laylee to get killed off due to the sting and companies like Retro & WayForward will be shut down), they need something to wash the taste out of their mouth and a smart and funny Shantae show will do just that.

Also, Shantae, Sky & RottyTops are striaght, no lezing out pandering, keep the outfits however.

MN9 was fucked from the start, any additional delays would only have added to the train wreck.

>Overwatch fan comic (Really people? If that was canon and official people will avoid western games forcing IPs like Shantae & Yooka Laylee to get killed off due to the sting and companies like Retro & WayForward will be shut down)

what the fuck?

The team that did Mighty No.9 did most of Capcom's masterpieces when they were still at Capcom, if they never bother with the first release date and just say "PS360 & Wii U versions canceled" and just say 2017 it would of came out better.

It was never going to be MegaMan 2 & 3, but with extra time it could of been on par to MegaMan 9 & 10.
Pandering is bad and lezing out is the worst form of pandering.

Later would of been less damaging.

you're fucked in the head if you think anyone would stop buying Shantae, because of something Overwatch did.

also

>implying Shantae doesn't pander

So, I only played some of the first game and I remember having to backtrack there too.

Is this really a problem through the whole series? Have they never at least tried to fix it?

>backtracking is bad meme

HGH does a bad job of it though

Believe it or not, that kind of game appeals to a lot of people. Pic related.

>Is this really a problem through the whole series?

Yes. In every episode I played, there's a point in the story where you have to use your newly unlocked abilities to go back to an older part of the level to get some item, that is only accessible now with your new abilities. This is forced, ie. not some secret bonus (there are plenty of those too though).

>Have they never at least tried to fix it?

No.

>HGH does a bad job of it though

No, it does it exactly as bad as the others.

Sky definitely but the jury's still out on Rotty.

Rotty's brainsexual.

>3
Wew lad

Shantae, Sky & Rotty do where sexy outfits but they will never pander.

Shantae is just a rule 63 version of Fred Flintstone.
This.

And the only dude that isn't too old for her and not one of her brothers is severely lacking in that department.

this

unf

>Shantae is just a rule 63 version of Fred Flintstone

In Pirate'sCurse you go to a level once at the beginning, then come back later with a bunch of new powers and get all the secrets in one sweep.

HGH sends you back to the same level 5 or 6 times, to get one specific thing each time.

At least he'd be dumb enough to not realize this makes him a necrophiliac.

dum snek

Doesn't he want to fuck Risky?

>Shantae is just a rule 63 version of Fred Flintstone.

Is that why the OP episode revolves around her wanting to go bowling?

>Shantae is just a rule 63 version of Fred Flintstone.

>mandatory backtracking
BACK IN MY DAY WE CALLED THAT EXPLORATION AND WE FUCKING LIKED IT

no u

Rotty wants to eat brains, Sky is straight, and Risky is maximum over-lesbian
Shantae is naive

Will his brain taste better if he's dumb, or do smart people's brains taste better?
Technically it is a muscle, and muscle only gets tougher the more you use it, so I'd wager bimbo brains would be a delicacy.

Is there even a point to the blobfish dance?

Nah, smart brains are thicker and juicier.

Dumb brains are small, dry, and not very filling.

Back in my day exploration meant you freely explored the parts of the level to find extra content. It was not mandatory and it was not required; it was completely optional and gave you optional rewards.

So dumb brains are more like snacks for between meals.

Part of it yes.
Risky is not only straight but she has a husband, his name is Misky Boots.

Bolo may not have even that.

Rotty just looks into his ear and only finds a small, dusty "Gone Fishing" sign in his head.

Explain why he made a working flying machine then.

Idiot savant.

Yeah I'm a sucker for metroidvania games

That struggle at the beginning of the game with hardly any items and when you come back you can now through anything without any problems

>Risky is not only straight but she has a husband, his name is Misky Boots.

>Risky is maximum over-lesbian

Risky has indefinite amount of tinkerbats to fuck her any time she needs a dick.

If anything, her only problem is finding a proper man.

What if her husband is her ship?

I like to think that she's like Jesse from Pokemon. She's obviously hot as fuck, but she gets the problem that anime always gives "older women", as never being able to keep a man.

Then why would she replace it with the POOPTOOT?

so Faye Valentine?

HD

she's a pretty good character that was made by a furry vore artist

GunMouth, he also threw a huge hissy fit when he leaked a WIP of a vore scene featuring that snake lady there, and it got leaked even more.

The episode where she can't do the elephant transformation quite right

That's because you're a casual baby
Fucking millennials

So why did he leak to someone then throw a bitch fit when it got leaked in turn?

>tfw the stretch goal was better than the thing the kickstarter was for

The biggest lesbian I know has a husband a boyfriend and was fucking a couple of people on the side. That wasn't cool at all so I left. What a slut. But seriously she could pull so much pussy and dick it was ridiculous.

>90s games are now considered casual millennials' games

okay, whatever.

If they focus less on the sexy ladies and their girl parts and lack of clothing, then yes.

Nobody would pay attention if they didn't

That's entirely the fun of the games.

When I first played the gameboy game years and years ago, I thought it was a game made for girls.

If it's adult animation, it'll probably fail, there are not enough waifu-fags watching TV to give something like this high ratings.

If it's a kid's cartoon, it won't need to focus on T&A to get the primary audiences attention. Anyone who thinks it does, or that it should, is just some vapid virgin who probably thinks Senran Kagura is a masterpiece. If it's like Season 1-2 Adventure Time then it might do really well.

It should steer clear of overly serous tones and plot lines, stay away from shipping of any kind, try not to attract too much attention from the tumblr crowd and just outright not listen to anything it's adult fans say, since chances are they're just going to try and warp and corrupt it and drag it into their autistic adult comfort zone.

It shouldn't have to rely on TNA to be good.

It could still have cute girls though, they'd just need to tone them down.

>It shouldn't have to rely on TNA to be good.
It's fine with or without it.
TNA has no impact on quality.

>they'd just need to tone them down.
Why?
It doesn't make it worse.

>TNA has no impact on quality.
It does however impact who it can be targeted at, which may make or break the show.

>they'd just need to tone them down.
>Why?
>It doesn't make it worse.

Again, target audience.

Wanna fuck that skeleton

>Episode is full of meta jokes about Shovel Knight getting inserted into every indie game.
Fund it.

>episode where they fight the giga mermaid
>stalks Bolo for the rest of the series

Anyone got the pic of the Mermaid Queen having Shantae in her mouth and Shantae trying to avoid getting eaten?

Man that pic screams Moana's Tamatoa. Now you're imagining Mermaid Queen singing Shiny, or her rendition of it. All the while she's beating the crap out of Shantae or Risky Boots if you prefer.

I said it before but I don't care how horrible she probably smells, I'd fuck her

This? I don't know if you meant it actually happened in the game.

She could just not smell bad, she's all ready a walking dead person, it's not a stretch to just "just because" disagreeing with it would be like complaining that the magic and space robots and quantum-demons in a movie are not realistic enough.

>Mermaid Queen singing Shiny

"Well well, little Shantae's having trouble with her transformations. You little semi mini half-genie heroine."

Well she does have "rotty" in her name

>Clear Mermaid Falls and Techno Baron's factory
>With the Mermaids gone and the girls rescued, the nagas resurface and the electric bats come out of hiding

It's the little things.