Occupy Avengers and World of Wakanda being DOA doesn't surprise me...

>Occupy Avengers and World of Wakanda being DOA doesn't surprise me, but Invincible Iron Man #2 flopping was somewhat surprising.

>First few days of sale put it at around 35% of sales of Infamous Iron Man. Subs down 60%.

Bendis in suicide watch

Sauce on the numbers?

>Bendis suffering from his own over saturation
Glorious

if that's true can you imagine how many free issues marvel will send out? they'll fill the whole fucking lcs!

Was Civil War 2 so terrible that it destroyed several comics in it's wake?

Ask Kamalafags

This. Where's the source OP?

That's just at one store though

Op got it from Ryan Higgins' twitter. I'm still waiting to see what other retailers are saying through Bleeding Cool or other Tweets.

>Ryan Higgins
I love this guy.

Honestly, yes. People know a fake attention grab when they see it.

>Invincible Iron Man #2 flopping was somewhat surprising
Yeah right, since Marvel announced Riri and made fans go apeshit it was only reasonable for the new volume to flop (I'm kinda glad it did)

>Invincible Iron Man #2 flopping was somewhat surprising.

Oh, GOD, it so was not.

Bendis has accomplished the imppossible: he has made me think back to the days of Fraction with less than perfect hatred and loathing.

For everything that he did wrong, at least Fraction made me feel something. Granted, usually it was fury, loathing and despair, but I'll still take that over feeling NOTHING - over feeling as if I am already DEAD and in a coffin.

Don't pretend like you give a single fuck about Iron Man.

>tfw i actually got into iron man during fraction's run and currently enjoy it

Oh wow. Talk about a fuck-up.

Fan for most of my life, user. So you can understand these last few years were not conducive to my happiness.

But I am too stubborn and autistic to quit.

You currently enjoy his run or enjoy what's going on in the comic right now?

The first half or third of Fraction's run is not bad. But after "Disassembled" things go south rapidly.

WHAT, you mean you are not TOTALLY invested in the character of Riri Williams?!?!?!?!?1/

Same.
Larocca still sucked ass, though.

Was Iron Man some kind of hot seller before all this? I don't remember Iron Man ever being a big seller

Can't tell if this is bad or fairly average

>Bendis flopping
>Slott flopping
>Champions dropping 80% at issue 2
>RYV outselling Clone conspiracy
will Marvel finally get the hint?

So then. how long before Tony is back? I'm guessing this disaster will mean a resurrection before schedule

Bets on the method they bring him back?

>tfw my first X-Men comic was by Chuck Austen
>mfw it was partially responsible for getting me into comics
I only read an isolated issue here and there, and I was around 10 or so, so there's no real accounting for taste.
But shit, after reading more of his run I'm still fucking stunned by the way that run went.

I am more curious about what's going to happen to her. For whatever reason, Bendis seems to be riding high at Marvel now, and he won't let anyone fuck with his Mary Sue.

Little side note: this is Sabrina, BMB's adopted daughter.

You know, when Jeph Loeb's son died and he basically went mad with grief and kept trying to bring him back to life in comics like he was Grant Morrison or something, that was a father who had lost his child.

But this? What do we call this?

You know what I would like at this point? How low I have sunk? John Byrne writing a story about Riri.

As far as I can tell, Iron Man's never been a huge seller, but the MCU has given him a bit of a bump. I personally think Bendis trying to ape Robert Downey Jr. was always going to fail, because it's damn hard to distill any of that charisma onto the page and have it read well.
Could be that the guy was surprised by the sheer size of the drop though.

Oh, he's not dead. He's in a coma while his cybernetic body heals itself.

I am not just saying that, Newsarama had the early scoop on CW #8.

Fuck. Forgot photo.

As I was looking I also found this pic.

>Bets on the method they bring him back?
Easy, he downloads his consciousness on one of his suits and is now a literal machine
A literal IRON MAN if you will
BRAVO BENDIS

Holy shit she's ugly

Don't pretend you didn't start reading comics until 2010

>A literal IRON MAN if you will

Iron Man?

>Brubaker
>anywhere near as bad as Bendis
I mean, he's had some missteps but he's nowhere near Bendis tier.
Come to think of it, I'm not sure anybody at that table is nearly as bad. Someone photoshop Slott in and then we're talking.
Also, has Gage done anything catastrophically bad? I feel like his worst stuff was all a result of Slott's shit, and his other stuff ranges from good to just kinda there.

chuck austen's run was
B A D
A
D

Yes, Iron Man
as in, a Man, made of Iron
a man of iron
Iron Man

Loeb's shit was annoying but justifiable. Bendis is just an attention whore.

You don't need to tell me man, I read the Draco on Sup Forums. Austen's run is so bad it actually boggles the mind that he got away with it.

Huh. An Iron Man.

>Marvel finally fires Bendis after he does something on the level of HydraCap with Spencer.
>DC won't hire him because they know he's a hack.
>IDW doesn't want him shitting up their licensed IPs
>Has to rely on his own ideas if he gets picked up by Image.
>Realizes that pandering to minorities gets you nowhere in an industry that's dying, regardless.

>His last words are in a farewell note that takes 20+ pages of repetition, casual chatter, and hello fellow kids-tier lingo.

How in the world was all the cannibalism justifiable?

>Holy shit she's ugly

No, she's normal.

But she's gonna get hatemail once other people figure it out. I wonder if Bendis showed her what he did, and whether she really thinks it's so great.

To be honest I was so overwhelmed by the sight of Bendis and Fraction in the same shot I didn't pay the others much mind. Tieri and Kavanagh would have been nice to have in there, but Kavanagh doesn't do comics anymore.

Iron? The metal? Or, like, I don't know, the utensil? Or is he, like an athlete?

I think he meant making Sam Nova was justifiable.
Ultimatum is an entire different level of stupid.

I'm okay with the grieving his son stuff, but man, Ultimatum is horrifyingly bad. And wrecked USM, which was the only U title I actually loved.

Look. The Blob eating human flesh was grotesque and disgusting, but not improper in the context of the darker, edgier Ultimate X-men.
And the Hulk eating people seemed pretty logical (and that wasn't Loeb anyway, I think).

Oh, God, yes.
How come nobody told him 'Sam would not have wanted this'?

>And the Hulk eating people seemed pretty logical (and that wasn't Loeb anyway, I think).

Yeah, that was Millar.

Actually you know what, I think all the stuff Loeb did is likely him reading Millar's comics and interviews and thinking "well, this is what they want, I'll give it to them."

I mean, cannibal Blob does make some sense. It made sense in Age of Apocalypse.
But Ultimate Blob was a pretty nice guy. Him and Pyro had both left Magneto and done their best to be heroic. Then Loeb made Blob a cannibal and Pyro a flame-rapist. And he made Mastermind not dead again.

It wasn't good, but he was grieving from a dead son. Honestly he shouldn't have been working in that period, because he clearly couldn't do it.

The stuff with Sam is just kind of pitiable.

He wasn't. He had solid B-List sales. Here is a comparission for early issues of, in order: Fraction's run, Gillen's run, Superior Iron Man and Bendis' run. As you see, after first issue Bendis' Iron Man dropped back to the same numbers as Gillen's and Fraction's. And since Marvel wants Tony to be a top-seller they've tried the same tactic as with Spider-Man and Thor who also had too weak sales and got back when Superior andJane Foster happened (although I think Secret Wars fucked Jane's book so badly it dropped to the level of old Thor books). And they were so desperate they pulled out both "hero gets replaced by a woman" and "hero gets replaced by a villain" cards at once.

I can kind of respect the man wanting to create a hero for his adopted daughter to look up to, and with another writer I might even enjoy it. But fuck me, Bendis is so bad that there was no chance of it turning out good.

>Gage
>Bad
user,are you Dennis Hopeless?

I'm literally putting this up because fuck it

This is the Riri Williams we deserve

From the 5 issue series, Genius tells the story of a gifted girl name Destiny Ajaye from Los Angeles going to war against the LAPD and the system as she seeks to become kingpin

This was a good series and I enjoyed it. Especially the character. Destiny is an extremely smart and intelligent girl, but she's also the most flawed. She has charm and wit, but she also focused and serious. She wants to do good, but she's positioned in a gray area

Imagine this kind of girl having it here, but she founds plans of the armor and builds her own version of it and goes to war with her gang, Tony intervenes and finds her. Only to be impressed by Destiny's intelligence that he considers her to be his equal. Trying to talk her down and reach out to her, but Destiny hesitates as she's not fully convinced and threatened to kill him. Until Tony lets his guard down and made her choose, which Destiny didn't kill him and decides to go along with it. The two eventually talk and Tony offers Destiny a position in his company and would agree to mentor her, by which she would think about it

What I'm thinking here in this version is that Destiny is Tony's equal, but she's born and raised in a tough neighborhood. She wants to go to war, but only to protect her neighborhood and the people in it. Destiny is a very gray individual that wants to do good but she can't as she was never given the opportunity to do so. Until Tony arrives and wants to help her. The two bonded and they develop a mentor-student relationship, and later evolves into a kind of father-daughter relationship. Destiny even helps redesign Tony's armor (which he currently wore). And when he does die Tony would entrust her with his armors as she's fully prepared to do good by him

She would have to be introduced much earlier, like pre-Civil War 2 event, and you would have to build her up good

Read the book and see

damn, no one is promoting your book so you gotta come to Sup Forums? lol

Oh hi user I saw your post in the storytime thread for #2

>616 KB jpg
>616
Hory shit

Most kids are ugly during middle school

>although I think Secret Wars fucked Jane's book so badly it dropped to the level of old Thor books
Or maybe people stopped caring once her identity was revealed.

Pyro was the one that upset me the most since he was literally a member of the X-Men and wasn't even a member of the brotherhood before ultimatum. Loeb turned him from a likable hero to rapist villain just to kill him off in the same issue he was suddenly a villain rapist. I don't think I'll ever stop being mad about it.

I started reading comics in '91. To me, Iron Man was "that villain from The Crossing that was a teenager during Onslaught Saga."

She'll be the protagonist of the ongoing until the next relaunch, when Tony will get brought back and then she'll spin-off into her own self-titled book.

Who would had honestly thought that replacing a well known character on an unpopular book with some shitface kid on an unpopular book wouldn't sell? Truly it is a shocker!!!

It was a bad way of dealing with it, too. Some sort of memorial, sure. But he clearly needed professional help, and he wasn't getting it. It was unhealthy.

Squid Boy was good

>Or maybe people stopped caring once her identity was revealed.

You'd think that but it was clear it was affecting a lot of other books, too. There were articles noting the All-New All-Different launch during and post-Secret Wars dropped to numbers prior to the relaunches.

Never heard of this, but i'm intrigued.

Common sense based on recent data sourced from actual retailers.

Who was the (I wanna say) Superman writer whose son died and a bunch of other writers got together and made an issue for him? I seem to remember reading it had something to do with Smallville which was still airing at the time.

Please tell me "Occupy Avengers" is not the real name of a comic book.

Culturally Enriched Great Lakes Avengers when?

>Superior Iron Man was the lowest selling
>didn´t even had a issue #1 boost
you niggas had a good thing and you let it go to waste

That was Loeb. It was the final DC issue he did (with collaborators) before going on with his Marvel exclusive.

I don't understand how giving away free issues will look good for sales numbers. It seems like it might be good for marketing the book but not something to inflate the numbers

who will get to take RiRi's virginity? I hope it's Scott Lang or Jack of Hearts comes back and woos her with poetry until she lets him come on her back

The sad thing is it's a good book that is completely unlike the title of advertising make it out to be. Another example of editorial mandates fucking things up.

Stop reading marvel.

No

It's literally better than Bendis. At least stuff happened. Threats weren't medicore shit was dumb but it was serious in a hilariously stupid way.

Also, after a while Austen got blacklisted. For a bit he skyrocketed numbers but everything was too insane and dumb so it went down.

Though, fans were so diehard about it they still bought it. Which as much as I'd wager X-men is my favorite franchise, supporting trash is such a terrible move. These last five years have been so awful any other run would have gotten sacked by fans. X-fans will buy so much shit though, it's not even funny. It's actually pretty sad.

Miles will.

Even the last Iron man relaunch by Bendis dropped by more than 60%, so it's not at all surprising.

>X-fans will buy so much shit though, it's not even funny. It's actually pretty sad.

Are you really sure about that?

02/13 Uncanny X-Men v3 #1 - 177,463 (+169.0%)
02/13 Uncanny X-Men v3 #2 - 94,615 ( -46.7%)
03/13 Uncanny X-Men v3 #3 - 85,775 ( -9.3%)
04/13 Uncanny X-Men v3 #4 - 80,047 ( -6.7%)
04/13 Uncanny X-Men v3 #5 - 78,919 ( -1.4%)
05/13 Uncanny X-Men v3 #6 - 73,621 ( -6.7%)
06/13 Uncanny X-Men v3 #7 - 73,719 ( +0.1%)

01/15 Uncanny X-Men v3 #30 - 48,824 (-8.7%)
02/15 Uncanny X-Men v3 #31 - 46,993 (-3.8%)
03/15 Uncanny X-Men v3 #32 - 49,639 (+5.6%)
04/15 Uncanny X-Men v3 #33 - 49,278 (-0.7%)
05/15 Uncanny X-Men v3 #34 - 45,267 (-8.1%)
07/15 Uncanny X-Men v3 #35 - 48,094 (+6.2%)
11/15 Uncanny X-Men #600 - 126,447 (+162.9%)

01/16- Uncanny X-Men #1 - 93,252
01/16 Uncanny X-Men #2 - 55,804 (-40.2%)
02/16 Uncanny X-Men #3 - 50,382 (- 9.7%)
03/16 Uncanny X-Men #4 - 46,105 (- 8.5%)
03/16 Uncanny X-Men #5 - 45,887 (- 0.5%)
04/16 Uncanny X-Men #6 - 57,434 (+25.1%) (Apocalypse War)
05/16 Uncanny X-Men #7 - 50,936 (-11.3%) (Apocalypse War)
06/16 Uncanny X-Men #8 - 45,409 (-10.9%) (Apocalypse War)
06/16 Uncanny X-Men #9 - 44,617 (- 1.7%) (Apocalypse War)
07/16 Uncanny X-Men #10- 48,025 (+ 7.6%) (Apocalypse War)
08/16 Uncanny X-Men #11- 42,779 (-10.9%)
09/16 Uncanny X-Men #12- 42,748 (- 0.1%)
09/16 Uncanny X-Men #13- 39,825 (- 6.8%)
10/16 Uncanny X-Men #14- 38,685 (- 2.9%)
11/16 Uncanny X-Men #15- 36,946 (- 4.5%)

And to compare, here's sales from 2005/2006:

Jun 05 Uncanny X-Men #460 – 82,457 ( -1.3%)
Jun 05 Uncanny X-Men #461 – 91,221 (+10.6%)
Jul 05 Uncanny X-Men #462 – 91,125 ( -0.1%)
Aug 05 Uncanny X-Men #463 – 87,610 ( -3.9%)
Sep 05 Uncanny X-Men #464 – 85,885 ( -2.0%)
Oct 05 Uncanny X-Men #465 – 84,271 ( -1.9%)
Nov 05 Uncanny X-Men #466 – 82,825 ( -1.7%)
Dec 05 Uncanny X-Men #467 – 81,282 ( -1.9%)
Jan 06 Uncanny X-Men #468 – 79,808 ( -1.8%)
Feb 06 Uncanny X-Men #469 – 79,039 ( -1.0%)
Mar 06 Uncanny X-Men #470 – 79,389 ( +0.4%)
Mar 06 Uncanny X-Men #471 – 78,286 ( -1.4%)
Apr 06 Uncanny X-Men #472 – 79,157 ( +1.1%)
May 06 Uncanny X-Men #473 – 79,335 ( +0.2%)
Jun 06 Uncanny X-Men #474 – 78,140 ( -1.5%)

Sales of Uncanny from 2009/2010:

09/09 #515 - 73,585 (-18.5%)
10/09 #516 - 73,916 ( +0.4%)
11/09 #517 - 69,557 ( -5.9%)
12/09 #518 - 68,572 ( -1.4%)
12/09 #519 - 67,043 ( -2.2%)
01/10 #520 - 65,758 ( -1.9%)
02/10 #521 - 67,049 ( +2.0%)
03/10 #522 - 67,996 ( +1.4%)
04/10 #523 - 78,999 (+16.2%)
05/10 #524 - 77,056 ( -2.5%)
06/10 #525 - 76,068 ( -1.3%)
07/10 #526 - 66,723 (-12.3%)
08/10 #527 - 69,052 ( +3.5%)
09/10 #528 - 62,415 ( -9.6%)

The worst part is that Loeb knew that he was a hero, before Pyro dies he tries to say that he's actually a good guy.

I like how Riri is a shitty African American replacement character JUST LIKE MILES. And just like Miles, nobody really gives a shit about her. The difference is that you'll always sell at least a decent amount of books as long as they have the Spider-Man name. You don't get that auto-buy with Iron Man.

>I think Secret Wars fucked Jane's book so badly it dropped to the level of old Thor books)

Ms Marvel has been hit worse.
The relaunches and events knocked her book off the top 100 sales list and has cancellation numbers. If she wasn't cute, inhuman, and Muslim (and pushed hard), her book would be as dead as Solo.

The secret wars tie in was really good, and felt like an actual end to the book. But the end came too soon and made the next issues irrelevant.

So basically between Secret Wars and Civil Wars 2, Marvel's books that were actually popular got completely fucked?

How long until they start hooking up Riri and Miles?

Honestly, that would be the only "Because They're Black" relationship that I'd be okay with, as Miles has no personality to speak of and Riri is going to be forgotten within ten years.

Pretty sure that any book that was cancelled and/or rebooted got fucked.

I'd love to see some kind of chart that details the lifespan of Marvel's books from the beginning of the company to today, and see just what the longest-lasting titles are.

Because I can tell you without looking that it's not any of the books from the past five years of Marvel.

They're getting better but these numbers are still too fucking good.

I would never have imagined in the last 20 or so years that fucking Uncanny would end up in the 30,000's. That's fucking terrible performance.

Ultimates took a hit across the nose but New Avengers shrugged it off and is going strong into USAvengers

I suppose. I wonder how marvel feels? I mean Inhumans will never ever fill that gap. That's essentially millions of dollars they've lost over the years.

It was some real vastly stupid decision making to diminish the X-Men comics while trying too hard to push Inhumans (to the point where fans turned away against Inhumans comics). I know it's all about the film rights, but that's a huge fucking cutting-nose-off-to-spite-your-face deal they did here.

>I will finally witness X-books getting cancelled for low sales in my lifetime.

Iron Man hasnt been good since the Knaufs.

yeah, that was a great run. I hear it's getting a Complete Collection treatment.

I've heard good things about Fraction's run. Is that any good?

Marvel can´t be shut-down soon enough

Never gonna happen.
They've got Disney money behind them now, so it'll always exist as an IP/movie script factory.

Those were lies. Dumb people shouldn't write smart people.

Kamala was under selling way before cw2. Her second volume was lower than the first in floppies digital and trade. Keep in mind how hard she is being pushed right now.

There is some truth in that. My sister has been an xfag for as long as I could remember. She has defended house of m and the o5 being in the current timeline. The only things she hasn't defended is the current shit with the stupid peanut cloud and Bobby going full gay.