/DIS/ Star Trek Discovery

Purplish Lights Edition
Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_canon
startrek.com/article/starfleet-insignia-explained
startrekdom.blogspot.com/2007/06/captain-kirk-mr-spock-and-jfk-rejected.html?m=1
strawpoll.me/14043832/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_pilot
strawpoll.me/14055469/r
strawpoll.me/14056186/r
strawpoll.me/5737594/r
strawpoll.me/6572205/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Discovery has the best warp effects of any Trek series or movie.

even their warp has to be edgy and actiony

>warp shouldn't be actiony
Go watch a documentary faggot.

Too late.

Real thread here

>concentrated autism

>warp has never been actiony in star trek
>fuck that, we are star trek only in name anyway

>hasn't seen TMP

I think that this technology basically cements Discovery as its own canon.

Why does the word STD offend you? Is it because you're never been given the option?

Sage

thread

Please

Ignore

Sorry, wrong thread.

>comparing calm stroboscopic lights to edgy and gritty lightning effect

Not if they never make it work reliably.

They're going to use time jumps shit to retcon TOS somehow. Although, Gene said the TOS wasn't canon anyways. Canon is a mess.

STD

How can a lighting effect be edgy and gritty?
You're just looking for shit to whine about.

>Gene said the TOS wasn't canon
huh?

Oops sorry, wrong thread.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_canon

>Another thing that makes canon a little confusing. Gene R. himself had a habit of decanonizing things. He didn't like the way the animated series turned out, so he proclaimed that it was not canon. He also didn't like a lot of the movies. So he didn't much consider them canon either. And – okay, I'm really going to scare you with this one – after he got TNG going, he... well... he sort of decided that some of The Original Series wasn't canon either. I had a discussion with him once, where I cited a couple things that were very clearly canon in The Original Series, and he told me he didn't think that way anymore, and that he now thought of TNG as canon wherever there was conflict between the two. He admitted it was revisionist thinking, but so be it.[5]— Paula Block, 2005

>/DIS/

uh that's a little racist sweetie

?

>TAS isn't canon
What the actual fuck is happening?!?!

STD

There is no canon in Star Trek.

This thread is comfier

True

What the fuck was Gene's problem?

>keep pushing /std/
>complain in orville threads about two threads
really can't wait for that show to get shitcanned desu, you faggots are pure cancer.

Soon

Hope she gets a different hairstyle in S2. I can't stand her current one

>less than 24 hours until episode 4
>Dead thread

>create based villain
>kill him off like a bitch in the first episode

wew

>Create based captain
>Kill her off like a bitch in the premiere

>those shitty flashbacks

Lmao

Lorca is the best captain we've had in 18 years.

You can't call him the best captain after only 5 minutes of screentime

He had over 12 minutes of screentime. Get on your knees and apologize to him RIGHT NOW.

New episode out yet?

r8 my 0c

20 more hours, give or take.

Is Captain Lorca chaotic good?

Correct, this would be better.

No, Michael is chaotic good.

Stop trying to force it. It's STD.

Much better

friendly reminder that different ships did NOT have different assignment patches
startrek.com/article/starfleet-insignia-explained

Gene banter

Meh

Even JJ Abrams' Trek had miniskirts. Why not STD?

When is episode 4?

>/DIS/
shouldn't it be /STD/ ?

No because

Star Trek Voyager = VOY
Star Trek Enterprise=ENT

Thanks.

ENT wasn't called Star Trek Enterprise until later since they didn't want to be associated with ST

seems ass backwards, STD is alot more intuitive.

mods

/STD/ formerly /DSC/

I disagree

Friendly reminder that *because Memory Alpha uses DIS, that is what will be used by everyone*.

CBS says it is DSC, but what they say *doesn't matter*.

Some people here say it is STD, but what they say *doesn't matter*.

STD

Please refer to

STD sounds better though

i think its like when the xbone released and microsoft tried their hardest to fight the name. But it ended up solidifying it and they just don't talk about it anymore.

So STD is most likely gonna stick.

Because miniskirts aren't practical?

They increase mobility and are a nice fan throw back.

. Star Trek fans aren't children

its like quick sand, the more you fight it the faster you'll get sucked in.

I prefer TNG uniforms. And TOS isn't canon

but TNG had miniskirts too
even Troi wore one in encounter at farpoint

He also had a weird obsession with Spock killing JFK.

>What was his grand idea? It involved time-travel, Klingons, and a beloved American president: JFK. After losing ships toV'GR,Klingonslocate the "Guardian of Forever" (seen in "The City on the Edge of Forever"), and they diabolically use the time portal to travel back to 1963. These rogueKlingonssucceed in stopping theassassinationof JFK. Perhaps they kidnap Lee Harvey Oswald, or maybe they abduct the president and feed himGagh! Somehow... they keep JFK alive. Only the insiders who've read the unpublished script know the full details. But, apparently, this change in thetimelineis extremely detrimental for the future of humanity, and by the 23rd century, theKlingonsreign supreme as an unstoppable intergalactic imperial force.

>Fortunately, Captain Kirk once again saves the universe... by letting someone die. Travelling back in time, the noble captain ensures that JFK gets his head blown off inDealeyPlaza. "The climactic moments of the film," according to WilliamShatner, "would find Spock standing on a grassy knoll in Dallas, firing that infamous `phantom shot'... thereby guaranteeing a brighter future for all of mankind."

startrekdom.blogspot.com/2007/06/captain-kirk-mr-spock-and-jfk-rejected.html?m=1

He proposed this plot THREE times

Pilots don't count

they had miniskirts in other season 1 episodes too
also
>pilots don't count
what the fuck

strawpoll.me/14043832/

>Orville or STD?
Wow! The results will shock you!

>/trek/ poll getting more than 200 votes
If you were a regular here then you'd recognize this as outside manipulation.

Do you not know what a pilot is?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_pilot

>They are best thought of as prototypes of the show that is to follow, because elements often change from pilot to series.

See

Most people lurk instead of posting.
Unique posters are just the tip of the iceberg.

i was gonna ask if you had autism, but then i remembered this is an STD general.

This is very likely the worst sci-fi television series ever written. It's worse than Stargate Universe. The writing is so phenomenally bad I can't even believe this show was ever even made. It defies any rationality on my part how an industry with essentially unlimited access to a talent pool of writers, directors, actors, etc were only able to produce this steaming pile of shit and badge it with one of the most iconic franchises in the history of media.

This show is such an absurdly colossal failure on every objective measure of talent and finesse that it defies imagination. There are millions of Star Trek fans that could wipe their ass with a better plot and character ensemble than the fucking retards in Hollywood have been able to do.

This tripe is an embarrassment not only to Star Trek, but it's an embarrassment to to the dysfunctional crony capitalism of the entire western world. Thanks, Jews.

Cant get into STD looks to much like JewJew Trek. Tried it out even got CBS all access to watch and was surprised I have to sit through commericals there, i thought it would be like netflix commercial free.

T. Someone who doesn't watch Star Trek anyway

uhhhh that doesnt make it true because she wrote it, is there any proof of him saying these things on video or in a recording?

I dont trust some random author spouting BS that cant be verified and we just take her word.

>T. Someone who doesn't watch Star Trek anyway

does anyone consider STD to be a proper star trek? Seems too action focused.

t. self-righteous millennial retard

You mean /std/ ?

Why the fuck am I need to solve 9 captchas in a row fuck this website

Yeah but I'm still right

>not STD
Cuck thread

>>kill him off like a bitch in the first episode
he was a nazi basically like Trump supporters so he got what he deserved preaching racial purity like a nutjob when whites wont even exist in a few years once we wipe them out.

First episode doesn't even have action in it, the third has like what a 15 min horror sequence? The rest is just about Discovery and mushroom science.

Again, doesn't watch Star Trek anyway.

dam that would be awesome, whats with the ugly blue and gold outfits that look like ugly jewish holiday clothes?

There aren't that many lurkers. Previous polls in /trek/ threads all struggle to reach even 200 voters.

Current examples:
strawpoll.me/14055469/r
strawpoll.me/14056186/r

Past examples:
strawpoll.me/5737594/r
strawpoll.me/6572205/r

The poll that you're sharing has been manipulated by non-/trek/ posters.

Actually the writers said T'kuvma was based on Muhammad

I think STD is going for a realistic approach instead of what TOS had for uniforms for females which everyone hated because they were sexist by showing that women couldnt dress like men because their women.

>Discovery has the best warp effects

Yeah. However, I just wonder whether a Goa'Uld will start shooting when they come out at the other side.

I see STD has gone viral.