So Homestuck had an update just a few hours ago

So Homestuck had an update just a few hours ago.
Or a snapchat update.
I'm kind of wondering why people like these. They're not particularly funny and the plot is just... lackluster

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QBKx-vDmgJA
youtube.com/watch?v=YyV0GLebbK0
youtube.com/watch?v=QgRR5Sm4Gig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one here does, and the reception is tepid most other places.

I've seen most people like these snapchats, sadly.

Because the people who like them are the only ones talking about them. Compare the response to Credits, the numbers are way down.

Don't.

Yes.

people like you are the reason the janitors instantly delete every other homestuck thread

Davekat when? I want to commit suicide when that fuckface casually confirms this shit pairing.

dude just see a therapist already

You keep asking for it to happen but it doesn't

And it never will.

Cohen has already branded himself as unqualified for this job.

These snapchat updates are nothing but "Grrrrl power" virtue signaling starring the most garbage throwaway character in the comic, coupled with panels that ramble on about literally nothing using as many thesaurus words as possible to make himself appear a notch higher than a pseudo-intellectual.

some numbers for you

>garbage throwaway character
You mean Jane right?

yes

But Jane has boobs

so?

She's got bigger boobs than Vriska

youtube.com/watch?v=QBKx-vDmgJA
how right is he?

youtube.com/watch?v=YyV0GLebbK0

>is Dave gay
>yes
He's wrong

ok....?

What does this have to do with Cohen being a shit, again?

He doesn't take advantage of Jane's big boobs enough

>thinks Hussie's art got better, doesn't realize it's guest art
>thinks Hussie commissioned toby fox for animation work
nope this guy is clueless
but he did make me realize that it's kind of fucked up how much I know about how homestuck was developed

I think that's giving Cohen too much credit.

These just seem like aimless wandering plots made to keep fan interest between now and Hiveswap.

What the hell does virtue signaling even mean?:

apparently theres been a good bit of these before this one. can someone explain wtf is going on?

Who are people that are liking these?

Who are the people reacting tepidly?

You know what would be funny? If the overall message of Homestuck was that the true adventure was the friends that we all made along the way.

Because all the Homestuck groups I was in fell apart before the comic even went on extended hiatus.

jane was kidnapped by jack noir in an elaborate plot to blow her up along with most of the moon but she somehow managed to enslave him because she's a strong independent woman who don't need no man

as far as I can tell, the overall message of homestuck is that nothing you do matters, but it's SUPER okay to be gay

this is fucking stupid

it's a coming of age story. So the moral is that all the people you were friends with growing up eventually stop caring about you.

What do you think Kanaya would get for Christmas?

>epilogue prediction:
>4/13 2017
>hussie releases the meme epilogue
>John looking sad as usual, it's his 22's birthday
>Caliborn does nothing other than sending shitposts to John
>Jade comes in with Dave and Karkat announcing their gay marriage
>meanwhile in hst
>shitstorm, billion of smug shitposts from icels, tipsy and tumblr
>4/13 officially declared as gay awareness and gay rights day by leddit and tumblr
>Katnep and Kanaya spammer are now joined by an autistic davekat spammer liberating us
>the fandom doesn't give a fucking shit that Hussie announces his meme scourgecest and john being in a threesome with the scourge sisters for no reason
>old karkat fans commit suicide
>old homestuck fans commit suicide
>davejade faggots and false-flaggers spamming shitty wojack edits of jade
>Hussie getting his balls sucked by Shelby's sister while showering himself with mad fujoshit and clickbait dosh

Trust me, I am a Light player. And I only saw darkness and despair. And I am alwas right with my predictions.

Jack didn't know shit about the plot to kill Jane.

>Snapchat
What is this? What js even happening?
Why not put it on the main site and call it SnapPester or PesterChat? This feels unintuitive and lazy as shit.

Why did Huss have to let essjays take over everything?

Maybe the message was that you need to definitively hook up with somebody you have the hots for or else you'll end up unhappy when your group of friends falls apart.

I know I should have.

>What the hell does virtue signaling even mean?
stay pure, user

Heterosexuality

The most important present

Just ugh! Get that disgustig shit out of here!

Who the fuck do you think you are? John "Trump Hitler" Egbert?

he's probably intimidated by them

Fuckin'--

Karkat WOULD like twilight.

Hussie doesn't care about you anymore. trolling the homestuck fanbase is ow so far removed from Hussie's thoughts that he outsourced the job to the cheapest bidder.

>Hussie doesn't care about you anymore
>anymore

>it's another creepy as fuck mommy kanaya and toddler karkat """pale""" fanart
>hussie made it fucking canon

he used to care about SOMETHING
maybe not us but the guy had some kind of drive

That would be awesome, user.
One day, one good dicking will do that.

she might need two

careful how you hold that ship, it's an antique

I have the rare original misprint in mint condition

it's a true collector's item

he used to actually enjoy pissing off his fans.
every day he would get up, hop o his computer and start making update after update. sometimes he'd piss us off seven times in a single day.

but the magic is gone now. he looks at us and feels not hate but boredom.
maybe his next fanbase won't be so fat

>he doesn't enjoy pseudo-incest pairings

Fuck off fag

Holy shit.

Does anyone have that old screenshot where the MSPAforum tried to predict what the trolls looked like? And Karkat had a huge brain full of cancer?

but Hussie's into fatties!

not anymore

Fuck you, Karkat and Kanaya being siblings is actually one of the positive things that still survived. Sort of.

don't kinkshame me

In the true alpha timeline Solkan happened and prevented all the bullshit of the past few years, Homestuck or otherwise, from taking place.

>solkan wards off the Tumblr
>Tumblr never infects Homestuck
>The trolls remain a small group of side characters, plans for Vriska are dropped
>Homestuck ends in late 2011, remains an underrated classic, hailed as a masterpiece on Sup Forums after the fact
>Without Homestuck the fandom craze dies with Superwholock
>Without fandom craze the SJW craze never latches onto a captive audience
>Without SJWs the anti-SJW movement never happens
>Without anti-SJWs Sup Forums remains a good board
>Without SJWs the animation post-2008 revival is never hijacked, cartoons are still spectacular today
>Without social pressure on all sides Hirsh manages to make Gravity Falls end on a high note, it too becomes a mainstay Sup Forums classic
>Without internet culture wars Sup Forums never gains access to the unlimited supply of meme magic
>Neither candidate of the current 2016 US elections makes it past the primaries
>Without culture wars edgy Youtubers never gain significant followings
>Dramaalert never happens
>Youtube remains shit, but not as shit as it got post-drama
>Earth is a better place to live

Fuck you, Andrew Hussie.

>13 year old Rose x fully developed 18 year old Roxy

I need more.

why are dersites so LOUD :o

>Roxy gives Rose her first drink
>and so much more
>by which i mean they fuck

that settles it. Conen is just trying to bait the fanbase into writing certain kinds of fapfics for him

from the thumbnail I thought she had a TMNT earring

Don't be a racist.

That is some of the most wishful thinking ever.
>implying tumblr wouldn't still cling onto karkat

stop giving me ideas

>Rose breaks into Roxy's bedroom and puts on her clothes
>Roxy steps in and asks her to take them off
>and to keep them off

I said stop

>Rose and Roxy head out to a movie together
>the theater is so crowded that Rose has to sit on Roxy's lap
>Roxy gets a few ideas when the movie has a particularly long sex scene

Alternatively, Roxy could be chaperoning for Rose while she's on a date ("It's not a date!") with her best friend John, sitting in the seat next to the two. Y'know, one of those "I'm just gonna rest my hands on this sensitive area while the guy you're wet for sits only inches away. Maybe I should teach him the hole-in-the-popcorn-bucket trick."

You guys seem to know a lot about projects going bad. Do you have any advice for an aspiring comic book author?

Double Dubs confirm we truly live in the darkest timeline.

You can't support a fandom on a single character. Not for long, anyways.

Vet the people you hire and do it carefully, get stuff in plain legal writing.

None of this is like any of the cancerous "diversity" pictures, but.... it's just so ugly. They all look fine, but I feel uncomfortable looking at this picture for too long.

develop a strict schedule and keep to it
don't be late and don't take hiatuses

WRONG.

Stick to what you wanna do and don't let yourself get pressured. Even if that one twist you're thinking of sounds like a great idea, consider how it might affect your work and what kind of people it'll attract.

Consistency. Any period longer than two weeks where you aren't activley working on your comic (and I mean your comic, not things related to your comic) and it's dead.

Plan things out before hand. Course correct when needed, but have a new plan ready to go when you do.

The only place I've read the snapchats is the upd8 ninja and the latest ones seem to be dated 12/23. Are there some snapchat images that haven't been added to the archive?

No.

More probably next week given the context of events.

Don't listen to these anons, they're retarded and jaded by Homestuck's failures. Hiatuses are a fact of life that every writer must deal with at some point or another. Even South Park, which has a ridiculous turn around time, takes one or two breaks in a single season, and of course takes off a few more months for the writers to cool down and work on shit.

If you're going to make hiatuses in your work, do it, but make sure that your actual update schedule is consistent. If you must stop working on your comic for an extended period (say a year), bring your story up to an appropriate point first, and just understand that by doing this you're basically killing your fanbase off slowly.

Make something good first. Homestuck (and really most things that get big) works because it has a distinct premise that captivates and inspires audiences, and a cast of good (not necessarily likable) characters, and the people will come.

The truth is that the internet is shit for criticism. On Reddit and Tumblr, faggots just follow the circlejerk for internet points and reblogs, so their opinion is basically worthless, and on Sup Forums contrarianism is the only way to get (you)s reliably, so our opinion is basically worthless.

Make something good, then worry about fitting into some arbitrary niche. If it doesn't catch on, keep making good things, and sooner or later one of those good things is going to get you noticed.

Pace yourself. Decide when you want to end it and end it done. No if's or buts. Anything extra stuff you start wanting to do is best saved for a sequel.
just practicing, as in, drawing every day or whatever, that's not actually going to improve your art. You improve your art by seeing a technique someone else has used and learning to do it yourself. that's the difference between people whose art still looks the same now as it did a decade ago, and people who went from bottom of the barrel dA tier to jawdropping stunners in just three years. If you see something and think 'wow, I wish I could do that' then figure out how they did it.

Have at least a two week buffer. That is, be several pages ahead of schedule at all times.

if you only release one page a week then by god your comic's plot needs to hit the ground running otherwise by the time things get interesting all your first wave of fans will have lost interest, which is really bad for your word of mouth

>You will never fuck a drunk Kanaya on Christmas, making her heterosexual

>tfw Homestuck gave you fetishes unique to it that no other fandom will ever have
Thanks, Hussie.

Which ones?

the more you think a character, scene, twist or gimmick is amazing, the more likely its shit. be ready and willing to kill anything that's dragging the comic down. even the main character

Cherub sex? The migrants to the SU fandom took tentabulges with them, so it can't be that.

cool and new web comic eoa3 bitches

youtube.com/watch?v=QgRR5Sm4Gig

Hey man, the guy asked for specific advice related to Homestuck. A consistent update schedule is extremely important, but don't downplay how harmful a hiatus can be to the creative process. Hussie said so himself multiple times on his formspring, before he even took the hiatuses that ruined his comic.

there's only one solution.
Be like Claremont and put your fetishes in everything you make

Sounds about right

Do the opposite of everything Hussie did to his comic after Act 5.
>don't take massive hiatuses
>don't hire people to write/draw your shit for you
>don't pander to your most vocal fans
>stick to the script
>be consistent
>never retcon anything
>don't bring back characters because they were your favorite/waifu
>don't hide from your readers
>don't date your fans
>don't start a new massive project in the middle of your current one
>don't let yourself turn into what you originally hated

Who?