Now that we're officially in the age of comfy Stephen King adaptations and remakes...

Now that we're officially in the age of comfy Stephen King adaptations and remakes, what adaptations of his work would you like to see turned into a movie?

Pic related for me. It's got:

>little girls getting vored by giant frogs
>racist lawn jockeys going sanic fast
>magical mexicans
>spooky ghosts

Pretty much the ideal King story.

The one where a demon possessed kid kills his neighborhood with capeshit and Sup Forums

Fuck king, make bachman movies.

>The year of our lord, 2017
>still no "The Long Walk" adaptation

cringe

Danny Trejo as Wireman

Salem's Lot

it's basically just a bad hunger games

Revival would make a fantastic film.

Joyland would be great.

But you know would be absolutely god-tier?

The Talisman & Black House. Two of his best novels, that he cowrote with another writer. Jack Sawyer is the boy who flips over to another dimension to find a way to save his mother dying of cancer. When he grows into a man, he becomes a detective, but he's forgotten much of his childhood. He has to save a young boy who has been kidnapped by a child eating serial killer on behalf of the Crimson King. The audiobook by Frank Muller is absolutely incredible. Such a tragedy he died.

A Dark Tower movie.

My nigga, I do love the Straub/King novels. It's like fucking Lindelof and Perrota writing The Leftovers. Lindelof is like King, he just vomits up a bunch of crazy shit, some of it is good, some of it isn't. And Straub/Perotta is the anvil on which those crazy ideas are tempered into something awesome.

Revival was terrible and boring.

but user you already got that, and it even had great actors like idris elba and matthew mcconahay

I just want a movie about The Stand, not a TV mini series, but a full length film, hell if they have to cut it up into different parts that is fine.

They have to move it into the modern era and make it a Crispr/CAS9 fuck-up. But I will second this notion.

Revival was awesome. Humans enslaved to ant people. The "secret electricity". The creeping madness.

where is harrypotter fag guess he is just a bot which got trigger on hp OPs

I skipped half the book to get to that point. Most of it was shitty drugged-out rockstar.

Plus the protagonist's whole motivation was dumb. 10% chance of going mad/dying from a treatment is something most would still jump at for terminal cancer.

Wait a minute. Huge chunks of King's books are about stuff completely unrelated to horror. Just people going about their lives.
>Plus the protagonist's whole motivation was dumb. 10% chance of going mad/dying from a treatment is something most would still jump at for terminal cancer.
Wait a minute. The secret electricity actually has a 100% suicide rate. Every other character who underwent treatment dies by the end of the book. The main character is holding on, but he's beginning to crack. He looked into the void, and there were insane nightmare ant queens there.

Not true. It only had a 100% suicide rate because he summoned IT.
The idea is he lives in one of the Twinner Earths that IT devoured, thus the souls never reach GAN.

That kinda makes sense. But wasn't IT just one of many deadlight creatures?

Whatever upsets /lit/ the most.

No. IT is the avatar of the deadlights from the macroverse. Kinda like Jesus, the holy spirit and the father are separate but the same thing.

You're thinking of the creatures in the Todash Darkness.

It's honestly a pity that Bag of Bones got a shitty TV adaptation. It's a great novel, and Brosnan is a great actor. He was wasted in a crappy adaptation. So many otherwise great King adaptations got torpedoed by shitty scripts or shitty directors.

At least King novels get turned into movies. Book Clive Barker barely gets anything. Remember when Disney were going to make the Abarat books into movies? That never happened. Imajica would make an incredible film. Never happening. I think the kind of epic horror/epic fantasy King and Barker write is too high concept for a lot of film companies and to some extent film audiences.

>you'll never be the sex slave to an insane alien ant queen

>No. IT is the avatar of the deadlights from the macroverse.
What about Dandelo? I was under the impression Dandelo and IT were loosely similar creatures.

Dandelo is one of IT's children. The Losers were supposed to kill all of her spawn but, apparently, missed a few. It was dark in the sewers, so it should be expected.

There's also the possibility that IT, being near-godlike, is unkillable and attempting to do so is useless, but I think IT was killed thanks to the POV chapters.

Killing every version of IT might not be possible unless IT is killed in the Macroverse, and I'm pretty sure only GAN can kill it there. But a powerful psychic might be able to do it.

>The idea is he lives in one of the Twinner Earths that IT devoured, thus the souls never reach GAN.

that sounds like some bullshit, user

IT even says that IT has "devoured many worlds". IT is female. MOTHER is described as "spider-like". And the doorway he goes through in his dreams, the "tiny door", is exactly like the door to IT's lair in Derry.

I would murder for an Abarat movie. That shit would be amazing.

>MOTHER is described as "spider-like"

I thought it was an ant

Is getting eaten by a spider god the kind of shit that happens when you destroy the beams and knock down the Tower?

When you destroy the beams everything just blows up. This is clearly described in the dark tower books.

No, the creatures that work for IT are described as ants.
The Crimson King is an extension of IT, from what I understand, or acting with IT's will. IT is the supreme force of destruction. Basically Entropy.

In Dreamcatcher, the Derry part has a scene where they go to where the old standpipe was. It's replaced by a memorial for the flood in IT. There's a bit of graffiti on it that says "Pennywise Lives."

>The Crimson King is an extension of IT, from what I understand, or acting with IT's will. IT is the supreme force of destruction. Basically Entropy.

You need to really read the books instead of just wikipedia entries. Find me evidence that CK is an extension of It. It doesn't exist. In King's universe CK is the big bad, not It. Proof for this is that CK retained his power even after It got nearly killed by the Losers. They are different entities.

They are different but the same. Like the Holy Trinity.

It's an interesting problem because King is so intentionally vague about stuff. Worth noting that the Crimson King's son Mordred is a spider. Or at least can take the form of one.

Nah, CK is just King's Mordred 1.0. Son of Arthur and some evil cunt/thing.

And then they went ahead and tricked Roland to bang his own archenemy into being in the dark tower. Too bad that one was more incompetent than evil.

>because King is so intentionally vague about stuff.

Oh you mean drunk and coked out of his mind? Yes, being coked out of your mind while trashed makes for a pretty confused and nonsensical (ie "intentionally vague") worldbuilding.

ask king to adapt this film, see if he allows it. I dare you motherfucker.

CK is as big as it gets when it comes to King villains.

He's by far the most industrious of the King Multiverse villains. He builds industries and machines and an entire empire around destroying everything, and poses the most existential threat.

I will admit he did get killed in a mordred-tier way

>Had to re-release an "edited" and abridged version of The Gunslinger that dropped a bunch of stuff like levels of Ka that he brought up once and never pursued.
He's kind of a hack but a genius too, what a clusterfuck of a person. Once a philosopher, twice a pervert.