RWBY/RT General #1069: Platonic Rosewick Edition

Previous: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-6-lot53d

RT Animated Adventures - Latest Episode: roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-movie-stories

M3u8: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/4836d6d7-dbfb-4a79-a623-44910ee90353/index.m3u8

Other urls found in this thread:

mammothrider.tumblr.com/post/154909768613/rwby-recap-v4c5-menagerie
osmfhls.kutu.ru/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I didn't fuck up the name this time.

Arkos is best!

Nice

Ruby a CUTE

Never try to deny it.

I know he's supposed to be blushing but Jaune looks disgusted at the thing on his shoulder in this pic.

Scorp a cute

May the goddess forgive him

mammothrider.tumblr.com/post/154909768613/rwby-recap-v4c5-menagerie

Pretty useless fighting people though. And at listening to instructions.

Is there an episode today?

lel

WELCOME TO THE BLOODBATH JUMP INTO THE TUB

>tfw they're giving characters I like more screentime and focus
>said screentime and focus makes them look stupid due to how they're being written
This is some monkey's paw bullshit.

Yes

>biggest threat is poisoned and will probably be out of the picture in a few more minutes
>get tippy-top of tail cut off and decide to book it despite the fact you could easily deal with the remaining four even without it

I know RWBY doesn't have the best writing but come on. I would have even preferred Raven popping in even if that would be an asspull as well because at least then Tyrian would have a legit reason to run.

Weiss' plot line has been a dumpster fire so far...

I'm actually looking forward to Blake's. And I don't even like her

FIST FIGHT, DEATHMATCH, COME AND JOIN THE CLUB

BEST EDITION

W-what?

You know, the fact that the tail came means he's vulnerable to any attack since his aura is depleted.

His tail was his main was of deflecting shit and his aura was broken so I guess he doesn't want to risk anything

BLAKE CAN I PET YOU

I should rephrase. I'm basically indifferent to her. The fact that I'm even looking forward to her part is indicative of how bad the Weiss part has been. Because I like Weiss. Maybe less after this episode...

Yes, Merry Christmas!

So we're all in agreement that Jacques did nothing wrong, right?

We can't actually be sure that she'll successfully escape in this volume. It looks like she's about to attempt it, sure, but she might just get her ass beat for trying, or escaping the kingdom will be harder. Yang and Blake are only just starting to get into their plots. There's no way RWBY will be reunited by the end of 4, so there's no reason Weiss' family drama arc will be tied up right away.

I think this is how it could go.
4 is just the setup. Ruby is now a knowing participant in the war with Salem, Weiss decides to run, Blake decides to stop running, Yang gets her shit together, Oscar is convinced.
5 is the journey back together. RNJR is in Haven and in conflict with Watts, meme team helps Weiss escape, Blake DOESN'T get smacked around, Yang does whatever, Oscar learns his powers.
6 is Salem's turn to get fucked over. RWBY is back together, Watts' plot is foiled, Oscar is back in charge and plotting their next move.

He was dodging shit and kicking RNJR around well before his tail came out. It gave him an extra edge but it was by no means the main source of his power.

I'M THE ONE

I lost

Still a cute though

NO, I'M THE ONE

It's Christmas eve user, which girl do you wanna spend the night with?

No, that's untrue.

He was in extreme pain from losing a limb, had no aura, and 4/5 of his opponents were packing guns.

Even with Qrow hurt and RNJR being weak, it would only take one mistake from the pain to get him killed.

This would be a good way to do it. I don't have hope they will tho

Aura down still means he could die to one lucky strike. He definitely can't handle if Nora had another one of those hammer swings in her.

What I mean by that is that is that his tail being cut off means he no longer has a magical force-field/power-up and is now vulnerable to dying like a normal person.

>88651514
I can not wait for Jaune to slowly be taken out of the context for Self-insert and soon be replaced by Oscar over the next few years.

Honestly, JNR doesn't really have much to do left so they could "retire" them maybe volume 5 or so. Let them train in Mistral or something.

WEISS BTFO

This is what happens when you cavort with a faunus, personal discipline and filial piety go down the drain.

I'd kill for a Yang to keep me warm

I imagine supercharged Nora hitting someone with their aura down would be rather messy.

I hope to god that line Jacques dropped about Weiss not knowing what he's had to do is gonna be used to give him some depth. Otherwise, he's basically the "we need more money guy"

I'd kill for Yang

So I'm guessing the theory that the Wizard's power passes on like the Maiden's seems to be true, and they get the previous guy as a guide.

I'd kill Yang.

>Is that Amazon with my package?
>It's your long lost daughter.
>...You got a job at Amazon?

Neo, Velvet, or Coco

If Nicholas Schnee was running around the world, fighting beasts and claiming Dust strikes well into his old age, I could see Jacques attitude being "I turned the SDC from the glorified support staff of an old man who couldn't let go of his former glories into a multi-billion lien corporation", complete with Jacques making all sorts of horrible deals to keep the machine running. Mantle was on the verge of collapse, and Atlas relied heavily on Dust extraction to grow to its current size; Dust mining that was most likely done by the SDC. Without the SDC Atlas wouldn't be the power it is today, and the SDC is what it is thanks to Jacques

Would you want Ozpin in your head RWBYg?

what do you guys think that book is about

Yeah, makes sense its the previous guy and not all of them like the Avatar spirit
Although I do wonder if the Maidens have a similar deal, or do they have to figure out their powers on their own?

Talk dirty to me oz

I finally understand why Jaune has this weird getup it's from a fanfic called Technician where his parents were hunters and they send Jaune to Signal then Beacon

So, I'm completely aware he's gonna be relevant, but holy fuck I can't stand the kid.

Something Oz said caught my attention, that it wasn't his first time or whatever, so that would make sense. It would mean that the Ozpin we know of was also a host to the wizard's soul, and their souls maybe combined into one after enough time.

So was the previous guy to Ospin in his head for all of season 1-3?

What are RWBYg's predictions or hopes for future weapon upgrades since the main(ish) cast could do with some upgrades?

>Ruby
Some alternate transformation for crescent rose, something to make it more viable in 1v1 like Qrow's weapon. Maybe a dual handed fast weapon that can actually hit people like Winter or Blake's weapons.

>Jaune
Fancy extendo shield, maybe some addition armour. Dust powered sword?

>Ren
More powerful pistols as opposed to pea shooters. More power overall in his weapons

>Nora
Can't think of anything in particular

>Yang
Attach something fancy to the robot arm. Another shotgun or Fox style blade thing.

>Weiss
More summoning stuff

High voltage Christmas cheer

>I can't stand the kid
That was quick Im curious why you hate him already?

>Ozpin tries to get you into his fetishes since he's gonna be sticking around

>Hype for the volume in terms of its parts before:
(R)NJR > Weiss > Yang > Blake

>Hype for the volume now that we're watching it:
(R)NJR > Blake > Yang > Weiss

Sun and Blake's parents really helped her.

He's just so annoying. I don't know. It's hard to explain

Reminder the Jacques was a street rat before he met willow.

How can you say that when Weiss exists though?

Remember when Blake read a book about men with 2 souls ? That was a hint maybe there's more in previous volumes

I wonder. Do you think black aura might mean something in RWBY? And that's why they gave Qrow red instead of it?

>Honestly, JNR doesn't really have much to do left

Honestly, I never really understood the point of JNPR. They honestly did nothing for two and a half volumes before Pyrrha was shoved into the narrative spotlight.

Not him but the markings on his face look really off so seeing him rustles my autism. They should fix it somehow.

Voice and his parts are fine but seeing him is annoying. I actually rewatched his part alt tabbed and the video running in the background and I was fine with it.

Emerald is the finest of waiguds and I SHALL stand by that!

>RNJR>Yang>Blake>Weiss
>RNJR>Blake>Oscar>Yang>Weiss

In Ozpin's speech in the 2nd or 3rd episode, i forget, Yang said it was like he wasn't there.
Because he was out scouting for a new host.

Yeah his freckles do annoy me too and how his head is placed looked like he had a hunch back in episode 2 did annoy me

May is sickeningly gay.

Seriously, woman, just fuck a lady already!

Or he was just distracted. Or maybe its the other way around, and the wizard personality pushed past Ozpin to deliver that "you're all fucking useless, tomorrow I fling you into a forest to see which of you can prove me wrong" speech.

So, in your opinion, has the show gotten worse, or better, in terms of the writing?

>paused to take a piss, came back and saw this now i cant take this fight seriously

May needs her dubs to keep the gay away.

Is the link above the episode? It wouldn't start with osmfhls.kutu.ru/

In terms of writing, definitely better, now that they don't have to deal with Monty's autism.

Hard to say without a complete volume in front of me
I'd certainly say its gotten more ambitious, and that they've bitten off a little more than they can chew with all these concurrent and separate story lines.

I think it's picked up in volume 4, but that's just my opinion. I'm glad they're leaving the school behind and doing something. I think I'll have to wait for the end of this volume to judge the writing as a whole.

glynda and salem having a sex duel over oscar's soul when

I don't think its quite like that. Their auras are fused and Oscar is already starting to feel like Ozpin's memories are his own. You don't just get a guy living in your head, you BECOME that guy, and he became the guy that was before him and so on all the way back to the first wizard. Ozpin's voice will probably disappear when the process is complete, because Oscar will be Ozpin and nothing more needs to be said.

Maidens don't work like that because only their power is transferred, not aura. That's what made the machine transfer unusual and risky. It also puts Ozpin's "I'm sorry" line in a new light. He knew exactly what it would have done to Pyrrha because it happened to him, but he didn't tell anyone, implying no one else knows about this trick.

DAYUM Papa Schnee is a fucking pimp

Weiss tried talking back and and got the fucking hand. What an absolute madman

Its one of the sad truths of animation that the better it looks in motion the more fucktarded it looks if you pause it or slow it down. Case in point

Madman is right, dude is going to get a fully summoned White Knight sword up his ass before this volume is finished

It really is a ballet

Janitor Cakes need love too! Some cream liqueur and cuddles.

Damnit >

I bet Jaq knows how to fight just like the other dads

>we're never gonna see her again

>ozpin is going to take over that kids body like an ancient evil spirit