THIS. MAKES. NO. FUCKING. SENSE

What was the point of making Wallace and his assistant needlessly evil and violent? Why did he kill that newborn replicant unit? Was it for any other reason beyond a one-dimensional god complex? Why would Luv murder cops at a police headquarters instead of just using her and Wallace's obviously immense influence (since she can clearly walk in and out while committing murder without consequence) to get them to find the child for them and take it alive? Why wouldn't they just correct the duplicate Rachel's eyes instead of gunning her down on the spot? Why would they get her eye color wrong in the first place when they already have her retina recordings?

Also why use your personal assistant as your sales rep AND your top assassin/henchwoman? You can't at least make copies of her model so she can multi-task better? And why wouldn't she just kill Gosling now that she has Deckard? Why kill his AI waifu but spare him? She obviously didn't need him anymore or she would've taken him with her. If she really wanted to be a cunt, she'd just kill him and leave Joi to watch over his corpse until the emitter's power cell runs dry. Also we see Joi walking around and examining fish tanks while Gosling's in another part of the room but HOW? She's a projection, how can she see what her emitter can't see? And why did Gosling not make a backup copy of Joi and put it in a safebox? Why did he seem disappointed that Joi was just a mass produced algorithm? How was that not a given as soon as he purchased her? Why did no other replicants help Gosling with the Deckard mission?

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfree_labour
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have a million questions about this confusing movie but I want to see it again

Did you even watch the movie OP. It clearly stated his motives, and feeling on the matter.

>she'd just kill him and leave Joi to watch over his corpse until the emitter's power cell runs dry.
Wow. Average Sup Forums faggot is worse than main soulless antagonist.

The only person I didn’t understand in this movie was purple prose faggot. He couldn’t just speak normal? What the hell are those things following him? George Lucas extra cgi over budget? Why is he blind? Why was he so hard to make out when talking?

The movies only real flaw.

>needlessly evil and violent
They were the good guys weren't they???
I mean think big picture here yeah some of the techniques they used to achieve their goals might be morally questionable but in the long run who was better for humanity?

On top of that why did he want the Android when he can make his own? Doesn’t that mean both he and the revolutionists want thevdame thing?

Is he secretly an Android it something? Why does he creepily abuse all his androids?

What the fuck was his problem.

Making replicants is implied to be somewhat difficult and/or time consuming. He wanted a way to make more replicant slave people faster so he could expand more and more.

They wanted liberation from their slavery.

These are not the same things.

the point of movies like these are for people to project their humanity onto non humanoids and to see humans as vain, tribal, and hitler-like in their ambition(ambition=evil/nazi in modern terms)

winners=evil
losers=good
rich=bad
poor=good
human=bad
robot=good
in hollywood these themes are nothing new

You'd think Wallace would've created reproducing replicants by now if he was really that far along in replicant tech. Especially since replicants are basically just modified clones by this point given all their internals down to the fucking bones.

honestly there was no reason for many scenes with jared leto. literally no point in killing that new born replicant

Movie: We can't do this because there's something about it that we're missing.

You after having watched movie.: Why haven't they done that yet?

They don't even explain why the nine worlds humanity has already colonized are insufficient to ensuring human survival or why replicants would change any of that. To provide more labor? It also looks like they require sustenance and resources, same as humans.

Why do you have to bring 1930s politics into this? The film made no allusions to Nazism.

Except even his most "loyal" units of replicant can go rogue so having them on the loose seems like a bad idea.

Also can replicants breed with humans too then? I’m so confused on the mechanics of it all.

They don't have to explain why the "nine worlds were insufficient." We never leave Earth on the film and that dialogue is just said to demonstrate how advanced humanity has become, and how far we have yet to go.

Isn't it explained or implied that the android production is limited to a certain amount due to the legislation afraid of a big uprising like the event of 2022? And so Wallace wants to bypass the legislation by allowing the androids to reproduce by themself. I don't remember correctly to be honest

So having them able to self replicate on the loose seems like a bad idea.

I am speaking generally, yes there is nothing about nazis in this film

in regards to the films politics, the filmmakers are arrogant to think the workers won’t revolt before robots start taking over. How many Uber, taxi, truck drivers (and pilots!) are going to be put out of work and replaced with the stupid robot cars/trucks we keep hearing about in the news? The movie sounded like heavy handed propaganda from big business trying to convince us not to oppose the use and development of robots which are now referred to as “miracles”. Kinda like globalists trying to convince Americans to accept all these illegal immigrants. Why would conditions continue to decline with no improvement in the 30 years since the first film took place?

That’s even dumber because it’s illegal and if the govnt found out they would shut him down since obviously a new revolution will happen.

He is such a dumb villain.

Honestly I was pretty hyped for this movie but it was disappointing

Other than the cinematography and based goose everything else felt so one dimensional and underdeveloped. None of the motives or relationships felt like they had any actual weight.

I'm sure plebs will hail this as kino though

it was too slow and long for plebs but ultimately not as deep or "smart" as it thought it was. Blade runner 2049 is therefore simply mediocre

I liked it but it’s not as good as the first.

>Sup Forums has become so retarded it can't even comprehend a science fiction sequel released in 2017

Shut him down with what? Military replicants he provides? Guy cornered the market on synthetics and is madly pursuing the only thing Tyrell has on him. Replicants that can reproduce.
Men go a little mad when they think something they want is just within reach.

Jared Leto's character really shit on it too. He was such an edgelord and who the hell thought that fluffed up dialogue was good?

I have a few questions since I'm a pleb:

-Why did Gosling have the daughters memory?
-How did Harrison Ford survive in the radiation zone?
-What happened to Vegas?

>all these people going "YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH THE FILM AGAIN TO UNDERSTAND IT"
hmm.......

>database of all human dna
>dna is used as foolproof identification
>no one has ever checked the database for duplicates

God this movie is fucking dumb.

The radiation was just glossed over with Dude nominal radiation LMAO on screen. It doesnt get much lazier than that.

>Why did Gosling have the daughters memory?
for some reason she wrote some of her own memories into replicants minds. not sure why exactly. no idea wtf happend to vegas either

Also deckards daughter supposedly has superaids but was able to survive in an abandoned factory filled with slave kids.

She wasn't involved in that. Deckard implanted her daughter's memories on a replicant (K) that had the same birth date (or made to look like that), made her appear deceased on the records so she would not be pursued.

good point. seems like alot of Prometheus type plot holes in this movie

Yeah it makes no sense. Also if she is this sick imagine her kids? How could she lead if she is in bubble? Makes no sense.

this From what I gathered, it was because he could only expand the reach of humans among the stars so quickly if he was producing replicants himself. So if he could unlock the secret to replicants breeding, his workforce would effectively increase exponentially.

Ambition and conquest, you dummy.

He spelled it out for the audience when he was talking about how they ONLY have 9 planets when they should be conquering the cosmos by now.

>it's a sci-fi movie goes over Sup Forums's head and since they don't understand it they hate it

why do they need replicants to go into space? just use humans

Its not dumb, it makes perfect sense.

Clearly you're an idiot, so here is a bit of a history lesson. Transporting slaves from africa to america costs a shitload of money, especially when the slaves in america were worked so hard they would die quickly. And then the slave trade ended so it seemed pretty fucked.

The logical solution for slave owners? Let the slaves they have get married and reproduce. And thus they have a new supply of slaves every year.

Wallace's plan was exactly this.

>why do they need replicants to go into space? Just use humans

humans can say no. The whole idea is a "mechanized" workforce that does all the heavy lifting for you

pay them more. the idea that we need super realistic robots to advance any further doesnt make sense to me

It's slave labor you fucking retard

Here come the fanatic retards to defend every little shit stain in the movie.
>you just don't get it
If you fuckers had a life you wouldnt be wasting your time defending mediocrity.

the whole concept is flawed. slavery is never going to make a comeback, especially as technology advances. plus gosling was a replicant who got paid, so how is he a slave exactly?

>Why did he kill that newborn replicant unit?
I thought he said he wanted her to have been created already pregnant, but wasn't pregnant. I might be wrong however.

>Why would they get her eye color wrong in the first place when they already have her retina recordings?

They don't have all of her data about her I think. Like I think they didn't have all of her interview with Deckard for instance.

>And why wouldn't she just kill Gosling now that she has Deckard?

Maybe Wallace told her not to for some reason.

>we see Joi walking around and examining fish tanks while Gosling's in another part of the room but HOW? She's a projection, how can she see what her emitter can't see?

What if regular humans can't see her unless they have some sort of technological chip that effects their brain like Wallace had or if regular humans are wearing some kind of contact lenses or glasses that allow them to see her. Maybe replicants can see her even outside of that set up room K had by and it would operate similarly to signals sent to regular humans who are receiving signals from the stick K had so those humans can see her with their contacts or glasses. That's just a guess. They don't really show much about how the projection technologies work. The only person besides K who seems to see Joi is the pink haired girl and that's only in K's apartment.

You retard, we have mechanised robot arms in factories that carry out certain tasks faster than humans can now.

>faster
>immensely stronger
>durable
>can do everything a human can but more

Why wouldn't you have a replicant do manual labour for free?

If K has the same DNA as Deckard's daughter how come his immune system isn't compromised as well?

>What the hell are those things following him? George Lucas extra cgi over budget? Why is he blind?

Those were his eyes.

Her immune system was never compromised.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfree_labour

they were used to build stuff in outerspace and as soldiers in a war mentioned in the anime video released online.

i thought that was all a cover to keep her safe?
I assumed she wasn't sick at all

>Why wouldn't you have a replicant do manual labour for free?
because it will obviously lead to a rebellion where humans could go extinct. replacing humanity with robots is a horrible idea

Who quarantined her is a better question. Although I suppose it would have had to have been the Repels.

>replacing humanity with robots is a horrible idea

it's a "Tragedy of the Commons" scenario.

What CEO wouldn't trade in their paid workforce for a mechanized one?

Is this explicitly stated?

>it will obviously lead to a rebellion
I have either fallen for a master troll, or you actually are a little thick

If I recall there was an implication of war in the original in Batty's dialogue at the end. "Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion".

Its not important to the plot of either movie, but I like to imagine it was a Gundam-esque colonial war for independence, but Earth won due to replicant forces.

YOU FUCKING CUNTS ARE CLUELESS!
Luv was just as human as K was and was basically there to be his polar opposite!

Luv was competitive,sadistic, and emotionally unstable.
It a shame we never actually learn a bit more about her life as wallaces assistant.

The first time we meet Luv shes seems like a humble replicant,but after Wallace orders her to take lead of the discovery of Dekard and his child she becomes almost a whole other person.

Whats obvious about Luv is that she does in fact feel emotions like the other replicancts, but regardless off her emotions she still follows Wallaces orders to a T.

During the scene where Wallace kills the new born replicant we see her shedding tears and crying before Wallace even killed the replicant.

That lets us know that she has had to watch Wallace kill numerous Female Replicants while trying to recreate what Tyrell created and it visibly effects her psyche.

She probably hated Wallace deep down inside but couldn't rebel against him out of fear for her own death by his hands should he ever feel that shes of no further use to his casue.

Imagine being in Luvs shoes and watching your creator kill other female replicants becasue he has no use for them and deep down you know he'd do the same to you.
Thats why she got so upset at Ks commander for letting him escape and brought up her talks with K about how dangerous it would be for the world if the public found out because she know how upset Wallace would have been if she came back empty handed.

I loved the way her voice cracked when she yells"WHRE IS HE" at the police commander.
Sucks we never get to learn a bit more about her casue she was definitely one of the most interesting characters in the film.

why are they called blade runners when they use guns? this stupid movie should be called gun runners, fuck this gay shit

Can someone please explain to me what the fuck was up with the bees? Are they synthetic bees? If not, what is their food source? If so, what is their function? Whare they there? Are they there? Who is keeping them? Why does Joe stick his hand in their hive?
I have to have missed something here.

the bees where showing that life exists even in this crapsack world. Bees where shown as the director saw all the reports that the bees where being threatened with mass die off.

This

SHUT UP YOU PLEB! THIS MOVIE WAS A FLAWLESS MASTERPIECE!

>Can someone please explain to me what the fuck was up with the bees?

my guess is symbolism. Somewhere around that beekeeping hive there's a whole hydroponics lab that needs the bees to pollinate it. So the symbolic implication is that even in a post-nuclear hellhole there is a successful attempt at creating life, just like how with the deaths of so many Tyrell replicants there's still an active resistance and a cause to rally around

Directly implied

>that scene where Luv kisses K after beating him up
why don't androids like that go to my school?

I really liked this film but some things didn't make sense.
>why did Luv kiss K during their water fight?
>what was the point of the whole prostitute bit? also was the prostitute a human or a replicant?
>where did Harrison Ford get the dog?
>why was Ana's character so perfect?
I did find it funny that the final scene is Harrison Ford almost drowning after his retirement van falls off the bridge.

what is building character

>What was the point of making Wallace and his assistant needlessly evil and violent?

Because they needed an antagonist i guess.

I guess he didn’t know what the fuck bees are or what to do? Maybe?

>the whole film Luv calls K a good boy
>she kills his waifu who loved him (jealousy?)
>Luv kisses him after fighting
Did she have a crush on him?

Honestly that explains why she kept him alive

She did kind of look like Rachel

So is Deckard a beekeeper now or is there another person in irradiated Vegas keeping them?
God dammit this shit is gonna put me in a good ol' fashioned 'tism fit

When?

So Deckard is a human but impregnated a replicant

Doesn't this have more profound implications than just replicants alone reproducing?

>what was the point of the whole prostitute bit?

my guess is that it's a clever bit of worldbuilding. In an age where lonely people are increasingly reliant on virtual companions, you're gonna have a niche industry where prostitutes can "sync up" with your idealized waifu and bring you virtual relationship that much closer to reality.

As for her being a replicant, I'm pretty sure she's just a sympathetic human, since any replicant at that point would be either highly regulated or deep in hiding

I think I can live with this answer. Thanks, anons

The casual murdered by Luv did bother me, as well as the fact that she got away with it so easily

Blade Runner 2049 is less intelligent than the first film. It panders to the audience just a bit too much, but these things aren't enough to ruin the film in my opinion. It still has good ideas and emotions.

If you read the book she was basically the book rachel. She was very violent and petty and killed his pet goat. The robots were a lot more cruel in the books.

>as well as the fact that she got away with it so easily

Wallace's corporation is so goddamn powerful that they can literally get away with murder.

Deckard is neither as far as the facts go.

This movie was based on the 2007 Director's Cut being canon, which implies heavily that he is a replicant but its not explicit and this movie doesn't make it any more explicit. Which is stupid, he should just be a human like originally intended since the question of him being a replicant doesn't add a single fucking thing to the movie(s).

It was to show that there is still green

A couple parts.
>Deckard says he'll do anything to keep her hidden
>records state "the daughter died of a disease"
>she lives a completely sheltered and protected life in a bubble, right under the radar
Makes sense to me.

Either Deckard was a replicant and robot + robot = baby robot

Or Deckard was human and replicants can just breed with anyone naturally

Given the child had a genetic defect I'm inclined to believe the latter

>If you fuckers had a life you wouldnt be wasting your time defending mediocrity.
If you had a life you wouldn't be making shitty b8 threads about great movies

Gotta say that I think she was a replicant, especially after Frieza said "We all wish it were us" or whatever the line was, referring to the desire that all of the robo-people there(including red headed sex queen) wanted to be human.

Deckard couldn't get cheese because it's hard to feed synthetic cows so he got synthetic bees to make honey.

>Why does Joe stick his hand in their hive?
symbolism

paddock’s ISIS partner came back with a dirty bomb to finish the job

Bee's aren't particularly hard to raise/keep/feed. Can also give you food via honey (and the actual bees) and reproduce very quickly

Did this movie need to exist?

>the child had a genetic defect
nope
it was just a meme so people would be afraid to touch her and ever do genetic tests on her

She can casually enter at the police station, steal evidence and kill an officer and get away with it, it was to show that the corporation was the puppet master all along

The first scene with the prostitutes was there to set up her character for the later sex scene which serves to build JOI's character and to set up Freezie-pops existence for the last minute reveal of the resistance later.

fuck yes it did.

wait so, k wasnt fords kid, he was just implanted with his daughters memories in the off chance that he would become a blade runner and seek out ford for her? that makes no sense..

That's good to hear.

Pretty sure he stuck his hand in to make sure it wasn't a hologram.

why was he pretending to be named Joe? His name is Ryan Gosling

Who the fuck was that woman anyways? The one with one eye?

Was she in the first film?