Troll Hunters

wasn't all that bad had some top tier waifus though

It's cliché, but the clichés worked well

RIP Anton Yelchin

Liked the Guillermo cameo.

The Dentist?

So dude has a mom fetish going by first two minutes?

I love to hate Strickler

Got some top voice actors, which is surprising...then again i don't think Kelsy Grammer or Ron Pearlman are doing much.

>they actually call Pizza 'za

God damn it /ck/

Best character is the goblin baby.

Close second is German teacher.

NotEnrique?

>bland brunette main character
>tomboy/goth/punkish/alternative type of gir
>comic relief best friend who's a nerd
the only way to make this lineup more cliche is by making the best friend black

Netflix isn't shy about putting money up for good product.

It's cliched, but in a good way. It all works somehow

Yeah, he's basically that pug from MIB.

Need to get on the level of The Pizz

He's fun, I admit. Best Troll

I need more Piz Points

Ron Perlman is usually in Del Toro's productions and childrens shows.

Kelsey Grammer has nothing better to do

Helps that the action is pretty top notch.

I agree

Anyone know when the other two join in in the troll race war?

Im on episode 4 and feel like the promo pic like in OP is like last episode stuff.

You might have already guessed this, but it's the mid-season finale.

As a mythology nerd, the hamfisted mixing of Norse and Celto-Germanic mythology pissed me off.

Also, super sexy huldra where?

Why the fuck does a Netflix show have a midseason finale?

>Jim upgrades from Sun Armor to Eclipse Armor
>Travels to the Dark Lands on his own
>Season Ends

Why must this always happen?

Does this show pull a Yu Yu Hakusho?

To clarify, is his dad a changeling?

Midseason climax might be more apt.

Its dream works and Netflix if you haven't spotted the pattern you're not watching enough.

So evil teacher binds his fate to MC's mom
And evil teacher also hires uncontrollable evil troll assassin which he's only protected against by a magic ring
But MC's mom isn't wearing said ring
So what's to stop the evil troll from just killing MC's mom to get his freedom?

>girl problems

Does make me imagine what a Pacific Rim cartoon would be like.

>still no torrents

>getting taunted by a bully after you've literally smashed his teeth in
>He thinks he actually sounds threatening

Well it has only been 2 days and more popular shows sometimes take a day or two to get uploaded. On top of that it is Christmas weekend so most people are busy

What are the chances of this show gaining a decent-sized fanbase?

50/50
The DreamWorks shows don't get much of a fanbase, they aren't bad but the lack of constant commercials or ads in the internet make it harder for most to care about them.

And they don't shy away from violence like when a security guard was offered up as food, when the changeling almost got murdered by a pack of goblins or when they planned to off her again the very next episode

The new Voltron show became fairly popular, didn't it? Although that probably had more to do with it being animated by the same team behind ATLA and LoK more than anything.

And because it's voltron a fairly famous property so people were waiting months for it to release to see how it would turn our

Because it's Dreamworks, and they must always and a season on a cliffhanger, even if what was up to that point a highly episodic comedy needs to abruptly change gears at the last second to do so.

In fact, the promo pic is kind of a major spoiler once you recognize the staff Claire is holding as the one Angor Rot is introduced with.

It's a "Hero fights a major enemy way too early and barely gets out of it with his life" episode.

It's a "see how far the hero has come in a rematch" episode.

Mary was a semen demon

So Dad isn't in the series at all so his missing brother Jack is also not mentioned.
You think Uncle Jack has been removed from the series, or will he appear next season?

Is there a reason this hasn't been ripped yet?

It only just came out two days ago, a process like that usually takes 5-7 business days.

Judging by the fact that Jim says his Dad up and disappeared I think next season we'll probably find out that he somehow ended up trapped in the Troll World.

I haven't read the books so I don't really know whats deviating from them and whats staying true to them.

His dad is in the book, but his brother was taken by trolls when they were kids and he clearly hasn't moved on from that.

Don't remind me, dude.

honestly,t his could have been a fun movie

I feel like it could have worked better as a movie. Too bad Fablehaven didnt get an animated series instead of this.

>The Hero has the magic amulet with its armor and plethora of weapons
>The girl manages to steal herself a staff of portals from the enemy
>The fat kid enchants an ordinary warhammer into a warhammer of arbitrary weight
Joke weapon for a joke character

That book got overly dark toward the end, but i agree i would have loved to see a show about it.

so fucking good.

are you making these? Can you take a few requests? There are some dope fight sequences in this show.

I was baffled when he kept getting congratulated just for surviving. His first encounter with anyone was just him riding a bike away, that isnt cause for celeberation. Id be too worried if the monster are gonna bend me over and go to town on my scrawny middle schooler body while I sleep or if Ill be awake when they kill me. No wonder another guy got torn in half his first night.

Like what?

Shows can drag stuff out but honestly movies on this stuff seem to skip so much stuff like characters instantly changing personalities or events being on fast forward. Anything involved with counting down or collecting items generally is better in a show because movies montage past intrresting things far too often.

>magical girl transformation
he even got a line and a transformation sequence

So how much time will they spend on the Darklands in Season 2

Most of it? Much of it?
It's hard to say.
Del Toro is calling them "Parts" instead of seasons, but I don't know what he means by that.

>[
Anything from the fight with Draal in six. That was sick. Or that cool fight against the mud golems or vs Angor in the Quagawump episode.

>Season 2
I wonder if we're actually getting one.

Fablehaven would have to be something at least pg13, due to the amount of brutal character death. Unless they "declawed" it, but that would kind of ruin the charm.
Raxtus is a BAMF and best husbando

In the book he's just an old, broken, paranoid man. His wife left him, his brother was taken away from him when he was like 12 (and it's been eating at him for 40 years). He's supposed to be completely vanilla human.

I hate the highschool tropes. This was 80s tier bullshit. The had not a single new idea in this part.

The troll part was fine.The animation is good.

WTF is this magic bullshit?? That ain't in the source material. If I hadn't read the book I'd be able to roll with it, but this is just some bastardization.

Probably its easier to replace a voice actor. Just take a bit of time to get use to it.

Raxtus better be voiced by Elijah Wood.

>that episode where he had no fear so he made increasingly bad decisions thinking he was the shit but only making himself a bigger laughing stock

I can't believe how much I ship Strickler and Bular.

the book isnt that good man. chill

thanks bb. more please!

So how are they going to deal with Yelchin being dead?

Get a new voice actor?
There's already a throwaway line about Jim's voice changing via puberty.

Sound-alike, possibly?

recast someone who can sound similar

He didnt do that good of a job with Jims voice honestly, especially every single play scene. There is a huge difference between stuttering because you cant remember a line and plainly extending the pauses between each two words.

what about this troll lady ?

you know the rules

Alright, watched past the second and now on the twenty-third episode and it actually is a really decent watch.

Definitely worth sticking it out.

She's gone...

It's like fight club. You buff one asshole that means you're now part of the circle that people can buck horns with.

He probably considers him his friend.

Magical girl powers aren't just for magical girls!

She was thrown into the darklands when the bridge activated, right?

Will we see her in Part 2?

>Will we see her in Part 2?
They never really explored the fact that she accused the previous Trollhunter's son of betraying her instead of the other way around nor the fact that they used to be a couple, so yeah, barring cancellation, I would expect that plot thread to come back.

*grrrrrr*
But I think I get the magic addition. The target audience (young white kids, let's admit it) sometimes has a problem telling reality from fantasy. They didn't want these kids cobbling together some protective gear out of hubcaps and hockey pads, grabbing steak knives and heading out into the night to do battle with whoever said something to them.

There any fanart? Terrible OCs? Greentexts that appeal to my degenerate fetishes? Or even... SHIPPING

So we have a Troll Karai? And she was with a HUMAN? I think I need to follow this series now...

Well not to stop you but she is a very minor character who was once in a relationship with Draal a good guy troll.

Oh, ok...still, blademaster girl Troll. Interesting.

Battle of the bands episode when?

Speaking of subtle
>that photo of Clara next to the giant stone Olmec head
Foreshadowing!