ITT: Tropes you've never seen irl

>Prick girls are cheerleaders

I don't know about anyone else, but most of the "mean" girls at my school were the gymnasts or the gymnasts' friends. Cheerleaders were just normal kids.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Akx3uwhohmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At my school the soccer girls were the mean girls and the cheerleaders were fat/weird girls.

the cheer leaders at my school were typically the most sexually attractive (on average) and half of them slept with the football team

and they were preppy snobs who wore American Eagle and A&E, despite their cute looks. The preppy guys were the nice ones

The meanest people were the guys who wore black every day and listened to metal/goth/emo/punk music.

>strict division of groups along social lines ie. Jocks never talk to nerds Band geeks don't get with cheerleaders

The hottest couple in school was a cheer leader and the Drum Major. Jocks had to maintain a B average, and most were in advanced/AP courses.

Also not Cartoon, but another trope I've never seen
>a group of kids called Stoner Kids
you know what the group of kids who were most known to smoke pot were called in my school?
Student Counsel

I dunno about meanest but the most exclusive and elitest were the theater kids. They acted high and mighty despite the theater department having next to no budget. I know it had no budget cause I was in it.

This represents a pretty good understanding of cheerleaders. They think they're hot shit despite 90% of their looks just coming from early-peaking genetics and anorexia and unless you're an athlete or an older guy who knows how to play them they'll consider you beneath them.

Probably most anons never even entertained the thought they were good enough to bang anybody much less a cheerleader so the hot girls were nice to them out of some combination of pity, boredom or possibly to manipulate what other people thought of them.

>The meanest people were the guys who wore black every day and listened to metal/goth/emo/punk music.
I really hate that.

>Football players are assholes who give nerds wedgies and all girls want them
I was on the team and I was quite a dork myself. Lots of guys on the team get girls but the ones who everyone wanted was the extremely muscular ones who were surprisingly nice and barely dated.
Two of my good Muslim friends I met whole playing on the team with them, and one is in Cornell right now only for academics

>Fashion matters in high school

Literally I never saw anyone from the high school thinking about this when I was there. I even remember girls going with hippie clothes, people wearing pajamas pants and even vidya clothes (not subtle ones) and nobody ever said something about it.

Speaking of such non cartoon school tropes

The "ugly nerd girl", they take a really hot girl and give her shorter hair and glasses- voila, your nerd girl.
>all other ones treat her like the ugliest girl ever.

Forgot To mention almost Everyone In my school smoked. Then everyone started vaping
The cheerleaders at my school were a zero factor. They were mostly nice.We guys only cared about the extremely hot girls (who were all over the place), the thots, and the girls with the big assess and/or titties.
The mean girls were just anyone with a lot of friends.
Where did this cheerleader stereotype come from? I went into high school believing all these dumb stereotypes and tropes

FACT the hottest girls were always on the volleyball team

>Three Kids at my school overdosed on Heroin
>all three were in Show choir

that was a crazy december

>The shy, reclusive kid gets picked on the most
Never fucking saw this happen and I was one of the shy, reclusive kids in most my classes. You're fucking invisible if you don't say a lot and sit in the back, it's always the outgoing but autistic as fuck kids who got shit on daily.

>American Eagle
Everyone, even us dorks in my school wore American Eagle. The real clothes that set you apart in my school was polo, true religion, Nike techs, and Bape. If you were lucky sometimes even a Gucci belt

in my schools they were also all mostly lesbians

The refs were always dick heads
Most latin kids are alright but 1st generation always ranges from awkward faggot or complete jerk

Is it a stereotype that most sporty girls are lesbians or is it the reality?

This mostly

Our jocks were smart and pretty chill, drama kids were all sluts, yhe cheerleaders were normal girls. Worst students were the wiggers (essentially stoners) they talked about drugs and failed in every class. I was a semi jock semi nerd feltgoodman.png

Weird, all the open lesbians/bi-sexuals in my school were hideous landwhales

>actually having gymnasts at your school
Did you go to some rich kid school or something wtf???

The captain of thw volleyball team in my school was the hottest girl in school, she enjoyed kicking my ass in Magic the Gathering

What spirt you played?

>Drama kids are all theatre wannabe's who talk like they're in a Shakespeare play at all times
Shit mang, drama was a filler course, only reason anyone took it was because it was pretty much a second lunch break, most drama kids couldn't actually act for shit.

Did you not have a lacrosse team, rock wall, and observatory in your school? Poor user you missed out.

Most of the mean girls in my school were didn't do anything outside of acting like bitches.
No one really gave a shit, if you were a cheerleader.
The only people that cared about people being on the football team were the football team.
On the flip side of things, most students held a level of respect for the band, since most everyone had been part of it at some point or another.

You post this thread like once a month.

One of the cheerleaders at my school wrote my name down for the "Person You Want To See After 10 Years", so I might have a chance there.

I don't know why but i just hate band kids

>If you play D&D you're a hyper nerd that gets bullied relentlessly

I would say about 3/4ths of my school played D&D at one point. Either because they liked the game, or if they wanted to see what was so special about the "satanic" game all the nerds played i don't know. Nobody really gave you much shit if you played it, because nobody could really talk shit when they played it as well at one point. Only people i knew that would talk shit about playing d&d were some dumb Stacy's, but the only people the care about what they say are themselves, so who gives a shit

I did cross country , most students did a spring and fall sport but I was awful at everything else. Life was good back then now I can't even run anymore.

This. I was in Honors/AP classes, and they were mostly empty half the time because all the jocks had to leave class early for a game.

How long has it been, user?

>The popular kids are the biggest assholes in the school
It was pretty much the exact opposite in real life, if you were an asshole chances are you didn't have a lot of friends.

This is beyond accurate.

>Angry pissed off FMJ-knock off drill instructor

Maybe that is more common in America but mine was pretty calm.

I think you just got confused by Sup Forums memes, the annoying autists got bullied and now they lie and say they were just "shy" and "misunderstood"

The valedictorian at my HS was also our varsity quarterback. He dropped out of college after freshman year because he was given a job offer from Microsoft.

Six years.

Meaning I have four years to get /fit/ and get rich. Also a good penis, just in case.

any misfits who knew a bit of everyone here?

That is a true trope but only with the US Marine Corps, even the US army drill instructors are relatively chill unless you fuck up of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=Akx3uwhohmU

>but only with the US Marine Corps
They're compensating for the fact they can't read

And how sad is it that you're here so often to notice it?

Schools changed over time, or you didn't go to the places that had that kind of demographic. I was in a rural high school that was heavily competitive and a lot of the attitudes were similar to these tropes.

i think it's just most reclusive kids think people pick on them when they say innocent things that can be easily misinterpreted if you're looking for an insult, they basically take anyone who isn't a mind reader as a bully

Good luck, friend. Hopefully she won't have popped out 3 kids by 3 different fathers by then.

>tfw all the social groups liked you
Except the spanish kids. I don't know why. Maybe it was because I was hispanic but I didn't know any spanish.

Here, managed to get to know everyone by being a "grade representative" and then "Band representative" every year for student counsel, which also had a representative from every other club. Got invited to literally every party by senior year.

tfw I never stayed in contact with anyone from highschool and have no friends from back then

As the old saying goes, the marines are who you send when the army is too smart to go in themselves.

I'm pretty sure no one keeps their high school friends after high school.

>The meanest people were the guys who wore black every day and listened to metal/goth/emo/punk music.

In my experience that group was a mixed bag. Some of the nicest and some of the meanest.

Girls being into feelings/moderately attractive girl ever being single.

Not trying to be douche but it's true.

Down at my school the Cheerleaders were a severe minority.

The mean girls didn't belong to any respective group except the "Bitch" group. Same with the guys, the "Asshole" group. The jocks chilled wtih everyone, the nerds and geeks chilled with everyone, even the socially awkward cast (talkin' great coats, black, painted nails on dudes, anime all day erryday, paganistic/wiccan/witch symbols, etc) hung out equally and joyfully with all other groups.

Surprisingly, I now notice, is that there was a severe lack of teen drama. Nowadays I notice all the high schoolers I see either through my job (both working with and the customers) shit talk eachother. I get super weirded out when I see two girls chat for a minute for the first time and, this is a true story by the way, one of them talks to me and goes "I don't like her."
Me: "You just met her, she say something?"
Her: "There's just something about the way she looks."

I checked the fuck out of the conversation.
Maybe it's a state thing. My Highschool was in Central Cali but I live in Texas now.

Most cartoon writers are at least a generation older then the average user here, and they write based on what they grew up with.

Speak for yourself. My homies and I still chill, even those I only hung out with for like, a minute back in Highschool. And I'm going on 24. AND in another state.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure this whole popular kids are assholes thing is just a coastie meme. I've never met anyone in the midwest who found it to be an accurate representation of their childhood.

I kept my D&D group, but that was about it.

The Cheerleaders and the Dancers were the nicest people when I was in HS. The only thing was that they kept to themselves in the sense they onle really hung out with one another?

You know who were gigantic pricks though?

JROTC

>mfw when I dated a cheerleader
Actually thinking back, I've always had luck with the ladies. Dated a amateur model once too.

>The people who hugged or walked really slowly in the hallways while holding hands
It's like high school was preparing us for rush hour traffic

Nobody flirted with the cheerleaders.

I went to an all guys school.

JROTC were mostly filled with awkward faggots

I wouldn't say I was a misfit, but my friends and I were all accepted in almost all circles but remained in our friend group. We watched too much CKY and jackass so we just fucked with each other and fucked things up, so I suppose people liked our not giving a shit attitude.
A funny blog post, my buddy and I were drinking and ran into a friend that hung out with us in middle school than became a football too cool for you fuck (that trope was actually true here) and he told us drunkenly that he liked hanging out with us better because we didn't give a shit about what anyone thought and that's what people liked about our misfit group.

fucking this. I always kind of wanted to join the theater group when I was in high school, but I couldn't stand any of the people.

No, we only had football, basketball and baseball.
Basically all the poor kid nigger sports.

I wasn't by any means popular, but I was thought of at least decently by most of my peers, if they even knew who I was. I went to a smaller high school.

Yeah and I'm Obama' s nephew

i was never like that
i just was good friends with the strongest guy in weight training so always got to know the jocks despite being a hungry skeleton
knew a lot of band, skater, and metal heads from middle school who i still hung out with
was good friends with a dealer and smoked with him a few times but hung out with him a lot
but loved art and helped friends with projects a lot, but never tried a lot on my own art
wasn't obsessed enough with video games or anime to be considered a geek
i liked things that most people didn't like but wasn't a hipster
didn't know a lot ghetto kids though

even my closest friends were guys with deadpan humor you couldn't really categorize

>see for yourself

Nicest kids was the big fat islanders kids
Meanest was the short Mexicans who thought that they were hot shit

Best bay was when a group of Mexicans thought they could pick a fight with the islanders. The islanders literally shoved them down and sat on them

Fucking madman

>Popular Asian girls

>Teachers pet kid who was perfectly behaved 100% of the time, always informed the teacher about homework they might have forgotten about, and had no friends
I have never met a single person who acted like this, ever. I don't care how good of a student you were in class, outside of class absolutely everyone let loose and acted like a jackass around their friends.

Hell, closest thing we had to a teachers pet was pretty much the first to jump at the chance of dumb shit (seeing how fast we could drag each other across the hallway, grabbing some of our friends by the arms and legs and tossing them into snowbanks and then closing the door so they had to walk all the way around the school in -30 with no jackets, etc.)

From my experience, the football players were all pretty jolly, while the lacrosse players were closer to stereotypical mean jocks you see on TV. The wrestling team were douchebags too, but more the sort who thought "your mom" was the height of hilarity, so nobody particularly liked them.

It's a self-reinforced stereotype. Lesbians like sporty girls in the first place so they'll go after them.

We had one of those. Some super sheltered girl who still talked about Mary Kate and Ashley in high school.

Depends on where you grew up.

Grew up in Iowa, it was always the short spics that tried to start fights, always. I was Bruce Lee mode all the way from middle school into highschool from taking a few different martial arts so they always would get in groups of five and talk shit. But never alone, alone they were silent.

Ah yes, the home schooled kids. It was fucking weird talking to those people, they seemed to lack pretty much the most basic of social skills and were clueless about pretty much everything you talked about.

i think i'd go lesbian if i was around fit girls all the time and always undress around them and see them in the locker room
to bad i'm not a girl

Hey, I had luck at some point...not that I do now.

One of our teachers had chosen one of the girls as the pinnacle of perfection.
And she hated his creepy obsession but played along for the perfect grades he gave her. She told me she admired how I and a friend would oppose and challenge him in his demands for rote repetition and basically anti-intellectual teaching methods.
But only after she was safely graduated, of course. She had the backbone of a slug.

Yeah they were the same in Silicon Valley, group of them start something and everytime, EVERYTIME my group would put the smack down on them. Saddest thing was that they had no idea how to fight and where too chicken shit to go though with one.

>Male friend/female friend who spend a lot of time together always fall in love

I mean yeah sometimes you can look at a pair and tell there is some tension there but plenty get along just fine.

wew I can't believe you guys typed this shit out and posted it

If you didn't put a ring on that then son you're pretty fucking queer.

ROTC = Riders Of The Cock

>true religion
>bape
>everyone wore AE
Did we go to the same school

Yeah. I was friends with about everyone and had a great time in High School because of it.

I never spread rumors, started shit for drama and helped some people with literature tutoring so I never got bullied.

Honestly, the people that I seen get harassed so much were those weird goth/emo/scene kids and they usually bullied amongst themselves and found the weakest person within their own group to fuck over.

Did we upset you Jose?

If they're like first generation maybe, but the ones I've run into are a bunch of nerds who play yugioh and pokemon which forces them to play with everyone. There's also assholes, but I like to make sure that people get to know me before I fuck with them.

yeah

>Boys vs Girls

Though that might be because the girls always outnumbered the boys in my class.

I'm sure you're a great little mexiCAN.

I'm not mexican to be real for a second, seriously that was just embarrassing to read. Like what I'd read in 08 Sup Forums

Seems like you're the only one. Ever think maybe you caring this much is a problem?

you just want the last word don't you?

Now I do since you said something.

Nah, she was pretty smart too. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being richer and more /fit/ than I am, no matter how good I get.

I wouldn't be sure to feel about a penis, though. Might be cool.

>cheerleaders were pricks/pill heads
>football players were average joes with decent grades
>no goth kids
>scene kids weren't ass antagonized
>band kids were 50% typical weirdos or 50% potheads and party people
>"popular" was dictated by money and parents that were friends

what cartoons fit these tropes Sup Forums?

>tfw friends with a select few in all social groups but not close enough with the rest to be fully considered a part of the group

feels bad man