Could a director's cut make it a masterpiece?

Could a director's cut make it a masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShockAndAwe
indiewire.com/2017/09/blade-runner-2049-directors-cut-denis-villeneuve-1201879662/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It already is

There's 2 lines of dialog and one scene I'd remove to make it perfect.

But I'm certain that what we saw is in fact the director's cut

It has pacing issues.

Stick with marvel

The reasons why BR was re-released with a directors cut was because the theatrical cut didn't make sense. Read Ebert's review on the original Al cut

2049 had almost the same exact pacing as BR directors cut and BR is considered a masterpiece now

You're just not going to find a better sci-fi film in the 2010s

Is this a meme I missed out on because this movie was fucking terrible.

there was a shit ton that could be cut though. this film will suffer due to its length.

Curious. Which ones?

Taking out the third act will make it a masterpiece.

The scene where the car gets shot down felt really pointless.

Yes I want the 4 hour director's cut where all the extra time is just K and Joi playing house

Dredd was better

I only see two problems. Why would they just leave K in Vegas instead of "retiring" him, and how does just anyone fucking break in and murder someone in the LAPD office TWICE.

Also, me and my girlfriend are debating, does K die at the end? Or is it implied that he dies at the end?

just get rid of the flashback scenes and you have a masterpiece

and the second

It already is a modern masterpiece.

>I like my movies sub 2 hours long and focused on jumping from plot point to plot point

What in particular?

One thing I consider when rating a film is "how many unnecessary scenes are there". I cannot think of a single unnecessary scene in the entire film. I guess the most at risk is JOI and K but that goes a long way toward the "can machines love!" Theme

How much are they paying you?

People who say cut "unnecessary" scenes are people who would've made Tree of Life and 2001 10 minutes long.

>he didn't think the Ben Franklin harpoon was fucking awesome

There's a scene where a completely unexplained giant bloodstain is being mopped up in the LAPD office, people probably get killed all the time in there

K definitely died

An underwhelming trope is "fucking awesome?" Please go back to your containment reddit.

not him but Luv had a few really cringey lines here and there

Honestly I would've cut the dinosaur scenes but Tree of Life was great otherwise. All of the scenes serve a purpose otherwise

It seemed poorly done but it gave good light to the rebellion

The only way it could be a masterpiece is if we make a time machine and save it from denis soulless hands

I felt that while the twist with K not being the one was very good but not that the memory woman was Deckards daughter, it felt like they had to asspull that because she would only have been in that one scene.

refn is a meme director and hasn't made a good film since drive

>pacing issues

literally where

holy shit the dinosaur scene was so fucking perfect you fucking brainlet

Ana would be Christian Hendricks and Leto would be Mads Mikkelsen or something in a Refn Blade Runner

Are you comparing this shit to 2001? Are you retarded?

Only God Forgives

I rest my case.

This would have at least been interesting and just as visually captivating.

These faggots are acting like Denis Villeneuve made this movie. You're all jerking to Roger Deakin.

>underwhelming trope
name 1 (ONE) other piece of media containing a projectile with a kite attached designed to cause lightning to strike the target

If you had an IQ in the triple digits you would realize i'm not comparing them overall, just in the fact that "unnecessary scenes" as brainlets like you call them are actually really great for creating great movies.

Not unless Villeneuve filmed a completely different third act.

>describes it overly specifically to avoid criticism
just confirming it's true brainlet

AHAHAHAHAH

just throw in an ironman cameo, dude
AM I RITE

THERE ARE NO UNNECESSARY SCENES IN 2001 YOU STUPID FUCKING PEASANT.

>pacing issues
pleb

>one of the most creative devices in the film is an underwhelming trope

sasuga, Sup Forums

Why do you think I put it in quotes? I agree, but plebs on this board think that if its not a fucking plot point then its pointless.

The CGI was terrible

>Pacing issues
Is there a more meme criticism than this?

was thinking this, but actually, by the end, no, nothing should be cut -- my only beef is with robin wright's somewhat flat performance -- every other actor was in tune

It hardly had any cgi you plebeian cunt

Can you tell me why the threesome scene is a necessary scene in 2049?

Talk a little bit about why the characters come together like this and what purpose it serves in the story being told.

feel free to render your long-awaited remake, director

the film had the feel of a hefty novel and i mean that in a good way

How much mental gymnastics do you have to do to reach a conclusion like this?

Says more about the film than Sup Forums. A futuristic movie with flawless androids and synthetic animals/food, and the best thing this cash grab can dream up is a harpoon.

the better question is - do you have a life of your own

Haha epic one!!! Never seen that insult on the internet before. Gosh I am just so totally burned dude!!!

>if you ignore the part of something that makes it interesting, then it isn't interesting any more

...woah...

Because it materializes JOI and K's love you literal retard

An AI and a robot having physical intimacy based on love

Who are you quoting?

why would you pick a scene that was literally a plot point? That happened so that the replicant girl had an in to plant the tracker. Did you not watch the movie?

You haven't answered the question. What purpose does this scene serve in the story?

And don't wait for another peasant on here to answer for you.

He's dead. Tears in the Rain played him out. "Time to die".

>best thing this cash grab can dream up is a harpoon.
that statement pretends that the interesting part of the harpoon doesn't exist.

>answer question
>"you ignored my question"

3/10 got me to reply

>It took over 2 hours to get my Harrison Ford cameo.

Pls...no pacing issue to be found. Dude's on a case while trying to live a life all while the movie is trying to explore more of the Bladerunner world.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShockAndAwe

>Can you tell me why the threesome scene is a necessary scene in 2049?

It's also another example of Joi's endless and total perfection compared to human women, or even replicant women. Joi is not only not jealous, she is totally selfish when it comes to making Joe happy, even literally hiring a prostitute for him so she can see him being happy.

Joi is the perfect wife.

Good job, you posted another singular piece of the puzzle which is uninteresting by itself. Are you gonna post the kite next?

Talk to me when you know how storytelling works, retard.

Alright, this is the correct answer. Now tell me - do you think all the aspects needed to set up this plot turn were "necessary"?

Joi lures a prostitute into K's apartment. The prostitute just happens to be the one that was assigned to follow K by the freedom fighters. They engage in a protracted sex scene thereafter the prostitute slips a tracking device onto K. A device not picked up by Joi or the Wallace Corporation. The Wallace Corporation just follow K anyway.

Are you telling me all of that was necessary for the purpose it was serving? Slipping a tracking device on K? And that this is as necessary as all the story beats in 2001? That's convoluted as fuck, bro.

The other reason is that it's doing as this idiot says: However, in terms of the story, it's setting up an emotional attachment to Joi so her death is all the more upsetting later on. Joi's death is necessary for motivating K to seek justice for the freedom fighters and save Deckard.

Another woman in the fridge. As necessary as all the story beats in 2001?

Ah, it's the amalgamation of boring cliches that made it so interesting to you. Truly an interesting specimen.

uhmm... no sweetie
>“The thing is, the movie you’re going to see is the director’s cut,” says Villeneuve
>indiewire.com/2017/09/blade-runner-2049-directors-cut-denis-villeneuve-1201879662/amp/

You realize that every single story ever written is just an "amalgamation of boring cliches," right?

fpbp

1/10

You're getting desperate

...........................woah..................

Pacing is it literally one of it's strongest qualities. The fact that certain scenes played out as long as they did is proof of their commitment to making a Blade Runner sequel feel authentically Blade Runner.

yes, user, that's what creativity is.

do you want a gold star sticker for figuring it out?

Y'all a bunch of nigger faggots cock loving pieces of shit, shilling this fuckimg garbage movie. The fucking pacing was horrible, it had ficking marvel tier humor and one liners, the stupid fucking idea that a fuckimg replicant can give birth to a fuvking kid... What the fuck, did they inject her monthly with eggs waiting to be fertilized? What a fuckimg waste of my money and time, this shit ruined one of the best movies ever made. Even fucking covenant was better than this steaming pile of dog shit.fuck you all for shilling this piece of shit movie.

Was the docking scene in 2001 necessary? I have the same answer for both scenes. Do you?

>literally linked tvtropes and doesn't understand this

Who are you quoting?

Well, yeah - how else was that dude meant to get to the space station?

Remove all the times it played past dialogue and showed past scenes in order to ruthlessly spoonfeed the audience.

>Joi lures a prostitute into K's apartment.
Joi says
> "I could tell you liked her"

>Authentically blade runner

This shit was worst than fuckimg Prometheus, it ruined everything. Even fucking covenant had philosophical talk between Androids. What a piece of shit movie. Wow a kid with literally fucked up defective genes is the second coming of Christ to the replicant.

And add Batista's backstory YouTube clip in

t. videogame playing brainlet nolanite 2.0

>it showed how desperate a lot of androids were for a master, they weren't escaping what they claimed they were rebelling against just replaced it with one of their own even while knowing she was sick
Not hand holdy enough for you user?

>I can't sit through anything but a 90 minute Marvel movie: The post

The point is that the whole set up is not worth the effort.

I like threesome scene as a self-contained thing but in service of the story it adds nothing. So much of this film does not gel as cohesively as the first one.

Perhaps the whole thing should have been about K and Joi.

plus the other two i guess.

LMFAO wow, what a way to show a bunch of fucking advanced robots looking for freedom when they knew they'll never get that. Even the older models like Roy knew this, and yet they where obsolete. Just because you have shit taste doesn't mean other people can't see that piece of shit this movie was. Go back watching your marvel pieces of shit, since you have that taste of a fucking pleb.

>change Ana
FUCK YOU

actually it was probably the best paced movie that I have seen in a long time