10/10 Special Effects

I need more examples of only the best special effects in TV or film. Ones that make you just go "Wow" after seeing them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HgW_DB8ogQU
youtu.be/t0h2GAtsWZo
jerrygarrett.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/how-the-aerial-stunt-was-filmed-in-dark-knight-rises/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing wrong with this movie.

lmao this is Matrix 2 all over again

That's some shit-tier science.

This scene was cool but every angle and cut in was fucking god awful.

Looks like a PS2 era hack and slash game

Its kind of cool but isn't this an exact copy paste from the Dark Souls : Of Masks and Dragons trailer?

Where's that one where she temporarily becomes a ragdoll throwing herself at a tank? That always makes me laugh.

Not really bad effects, just hilarious sci-fi cheese.

wait why is he throwing rocks above her into her whip? it's like he isn't trying to hit her

post the one with the young to old facemorph

I did that when I was a kid, got a massive burn across my side that lasted weeks and hurt a lot.

obligatory

Why the fuck wouldn't you use an actor for at least the close-up shots. It's just armor.

Lucas dreamed of a world with no actors. Not a single piece of clone trooper armor was ever made.

I'll excuse it. I always tought that the shot when the ship hits the earth and the lasers light up inside the sand was really cool

What Nintendo 64 without Rumble Pack game is this?

What went wrong?

JP used both practical and cgi in unison

george coloured outside the lines

If that's a reentering satellite then it should be travelling several miles per second, instead of a couple hundred miles per hour. This is retarded.

PJ went full Lucas and it only took him half as long to actually do it.

Brachiosaurus looks terrible, raptors in that particular scene are practical, t rex is covered in rain.

>Lucas dreamed of a world with no actors.
Well we're getting there.

Is this Dark Souls gameplay?

Which Dark Souls is this?

AHAHAHAAHH

Don't we have the technology to make CGI that looks real? I thought the problem was the uncanny valley thing, so CGI creatures have to look fake in some sense, otherwise people find it inexplicably creepy.

That's just lazy

Our brain's recognition "software" is incredibly sophisticated and so even if a CGI person is half a percent off we will notice. Even if we can't pinpoint we can tell something is not right. We're a long way from 100%.

The only time I've ever seen CG for a living creature that looks 'real' is the newest Apes movie

>Bruce Wayne using guns
Bravo Nolan

And that's because they were apes, not humans. You probably haven't seen that many apes in your life and certainly don't see them all day every day. Your inherent frame of reference is different.

Dark Souls looks more realistic than this. We've gotten to the point where movies now look more like video games than video games.

Yeah, so I actually can't even imagine what Yoda would look like if he were portrayed as a photorealist little green jap-creature gremlin. I imagine it would be horrendous and cringeworthy.

Never saw, would appreciate relevant clip / still

>Don't we have the technology to make CGI that looks real?
thats always a dilema isnt it?
why making great things and take your time to create art when people buy literall shit you take from your ass.

>ground tactics consists of walking forward slowly while firing

Don't bully me p-pls

Its a clone army though

>Not a single piece of clone trooper armor was ever made.

Lies

It's like it's trying to be 300 only with too many jumpcuts and speedups that makes it look like a superman movie.

The first Fantastic 4 movie had better effects than this

Not great, but better

I don't watch Super Hero movies or much movies with special effects, and holy shit... it's hard for me to believe that stuff is actually real. What is even happening in Hollywood that hundreds of people approve these effects? Am I missing something here? Don't the audiences complain? Last note: why does all this shit look worse than videogame cinematics?

>i'm old and all these new fads the kids like scare and confuse me

CGI isn't new.

>why does all this shit look worse than videogame cinematics?
Because they're worse. Contrary to what most people think, video game fans are actually quite demanding and the industry has been pushed to improve more and more, getting more fluid and realistic.
Now, film fans, the ones that want really good movies, know they're rarely going to find anything good in your average action flick. So they don't bother with them, they don't bother even criticizing them. With no one demanding better CGI, no one cares to improve and we're stuck with 90s bad effects when we have the technology for much more.

>With no one demanding better CGI, no one cares to improve and we're stuck with 90s bad effects when we have the technology for much more.

Just wait. James Cameron will unleash Avatar 2 and the rest of the world will be shocked out of their stupor

Just like every other time

Just like it happened when he made Avatar 1, the most forgettable movie ever?
I'd be cautious

It’s like he was trying to over power her so he can force her to join him.

He started a 3D, full CGI fad that lasted years and changed the way people made movies in general forever

youtube.com/watch?v=HgW_DB8ogQU

Fuck you asshole

What? Both of these are shit. Is this an ironic thread?

This is also fucking awful. What the fuck am I missing here?

+15 rubles

>they went bankrupt and the sequel is being filmed in China

No bro this thread totally isn't ironic at all

Why would you think this is an ironic thread?

Would you rather they'd crashed an actual plane?

What level from classic Battlefront II is this from?

With or with no survivors?

You fucking kidding me?This is amazing.

>I need more examples of only the best special effects in TV or film. Ones that make you just go "Wow" after seeing them.

>You fucking kidding me?This is amazing.

I don't understand

my sides exploded about 0.5 seconds after clicking this webm

I immediately remembered watching this. it hurts

It was in that era where they knew tv broadcast was shit and low res so most people wouldn't notice. You analyze it now and it's just sad.
Pic related.

I loved this movie.

It's essentially a retarded version of this
youtu.be/t0h2GAtsWZo

This was a fun movie.

>year of release 1956
That's basically cheating

fantastic movie

I never knew this existed

I need wonder woman choking more women p-pls

what game of thrones episode is this

>Ok Gal, just flail your arms around, move around and give me a yell! Eh, we'll fix it in post

people have to play catch up with him. look what happened after T2, then Titanic.

Someone post the one with the deer

Why did this need to be CGI? Just go to a dump and film there. What ever happened to filming on sets and on location?

Is this it? I'm drunk and my names aren't good.

Is that clipart

>If that's a reentering satellite then it should be travelling several miles per second, instead of a couple hundred miles per hour. This is retarded.
What? are you stupid?
It depends on the angle of reentry and its original orbit.
As its position above the earth surface changes so does the circumference of its orbit, and including the air drag its speed will be changing drastically during reentry.

Also few miles per second? If it traveled five miles per second, thats 30 000km/hour so tree times above hyper velocity speed, its impact would be as powerful as fucking few tons of TNT about as much as a tiny nuke.

Jesus, did you sleep past all your physic classes?

that's pretty badass desu senpai

Nolan did crash a plane to film Sup Forums's favorite scene

jerrygarrett.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/how-the-aerial-stunt-was-filmed-in-dark-knight-rises/

>What ever happened to filming on sets and on location?

For a single scene like that it would have been an abhorrent waste of money.

Location shooting is expensive.

Same webms, same images, same exact sentences in some of these posts, same filenames for most of these uploads as well.

I suppose this is another one of the advertising bot threads?