Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left...

>Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED? We've never seen this version of Gotham before.

God this dialogue sucks so much and rings of typical Goyer "Tell, don't show".

SHOW

DON'T

TELL

>Gotham is literally right beside Metropolis

Lindelof too. Sometimes it can be good, but the issue always comes when they actually start showing this shit and then you come back to lines like this and are like 'wtf, this doesn't even vaguely make sense in light of what we got shown'.

It's almost like they've made the film for actual fans who know of how many DC characters have gone rogue over the years.

Also, he's probably talking about one of the Robin incarnations/Red Hood and how practically every major player in Gotham ends up being corrupt and shadh.

>character is clearly warped, tired, cynical after being Gotham's vigilante for so long
>this is told directly to the audience multiple times, including visuals implying Robin fucking dying
>whole movie has a running theme of Batman finding reinforcement for his fears in both the media and his own experiences
>during the news montages they even have people bring up how nothing could stop superman if he went rogue
>WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?

Are you some sort of mongoloid

>It's almost like they've made the film for actual fans
AAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

How could you be THIS much of a brainlet, OP

You see, when Goyer wrote bad dialogue like this for The Dark Knight, Nolan wasn't a retard and showed what he meant

>You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

And we see this happen to both Dent AND Batman. It's not some pretty dialogue for no reason.

>It's not some pretty dialogue for no reason.
The reason was to pound the story into your skull since you can't retain any message done visually apparently.
>praising a cinematically-illiterate hack like Nolan

I think they're assuming everyone has seen The Dark Knight.

use your imagination you piece of shit
fill in the blank , think about the penguin and riddler fucking shit up for those 20 years

>people actually live in hellhole Gotham when they could just walk for 15 minutes and get an apartment in Metropolis

>I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHAT PARTICULAR SET OF SKILLS? We've never seen what his career is before.

God this dialogue sucks so much and rings of typical Besson "Tell, don't show".

SHOW

DON'T

TELL

I swear Sup Forums gets dumber by the day.

Actually you do see his set of skills when he protects that celebrity girl at that concert early in the film

But nice try, idiot.

And you do see the Robin suit burned before, as well as Batman, a hero, doing extreme fucked-up shit.

>And you do see the Robin suit burned before

Why not show what happened to Robin as the opening rather than 9/11 footage?

>as well as Batman, a hero

According to the film, he isn't even remotely a hero and Superman was right to tell him to stop

Always wondered about it
I guess most of Gotham are nigs and poorfags and can't afford to move out or get a bettar job

If you show a fucked Robin suit everyone that knows shit about Batman will infer that it is about the second Robin, the one the Joker killed.
And the movie showed that Batman had recently changed. Maybe in his quote he was talking about himself.

Gotham has all the big business and trendy clubs. And it's much better to be robbed and raped in Gotham than to be flattened by some giant robot in Metropolis.

It's clear what happened to Robin doesn't bother Batman that much

It's always about his parents in his nightmares

Because his parents were the first ones he failed to protect, and because it was for them that he became a hero that should be able to protect others now and yet still he fails. Shit always comes back to them.

People lived in hellhole Oakland for years when San Francisco is literally 12 miles away. It was because SF rents and property values were three times higher, because it wasn't a hellhole.

Nowadays they cost pretty much the same though.