*remakes Dune*

*remakes Dune*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
variety.com/2016/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-denis-villeneuve-crime-movie-son-1201783411/
youtu.be/T0kobbjpdUg
youtube.com/watch?v=4ekuRSHC7k4&t=8m0s
youtube.com/watch?v=U14yAM0lLKM&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is he the next Nolan?

based Villeneuve does it again

>four years of Villeneuve being on top of his game
>american reviewers still say shit like "Billanuoveuh" when trying to say his name

/Fa/

*makes kino*
heh nothing personnel

he'll get fired on monday after the disastrous box office of BR gets reported tonight. he'll have to go back to canada and make melodramas about feminists (polytechnique) and refugees (incendies) for the rest of his miserable life.

He'll spearhead the movement for Québec to return to France and he'll get funding from the EU the rest of his life like Besson does.

pretty sure besson is finished as well after valerian

How will Sup Forums deal with Denis easily surpassing Lynch's shitty 1984 version?

Sup Forums looking like the front page of r/movies these days

says the tripfag

Poor guy getting Trevorrow'd, and after such a good movie too.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

I Love Lynch, and belive in Denis.

No. Nolan actually makes money.

Honestly, I don't think he will. The critics love this shit, and I just got back and can say this is no fucking Jurassic World. Villenferger is a technician, his films are masterpieces in execution.

How do you say it?
Deni Vi-yan-oo?

if they don't fire him outright, they'll slash his budget. do we really want another low-budget version of DUNE when we could just as easily rewatch the SyFy version?

four years and he's still the bootleg non-unionized version of David Fincher

Deni Veelnew

Why would Sup Forums care? It's only /tpg/ that claims Dune is good.

t h e m e n a c e

he will pick up that big BR cheque and then he will drop cleopatra and dune and go back to making kino with his boy jake, just as planned
variety.com/2016/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-denis-villeneuve-crime-movie-son-1201783411/

Dune is good.

or
>>>/reddit/

*blocks your path*

Did you fuck my wife!?

WHY NO COUNT FENRING AND WHY THIS SOUND MODULE CRAP????

>Makes another overbudgeted blockbuster that only nerds want to see
That's a solid bussiness plan

nah, it'll be a Mad Max situation where all the recognition and technical oscars will make up for the poor result

>go back to canada and make melodramas
best of all possible timelines

that probably got dropped, denis seemed like he hated jake

>denis seemed like he hated jake
yeah that's why he made two movies with him and planned to make a third one

>Mad Max situation
Mad Max made a lot of money though, did it not?

>on top of his game
A child atop a molehill is still dwarfed by men.

The budget went into all this kino though just look at the sets they even built a version of the car that works

youtu.be/T0kobbjpdUg

Studios don't blow hundreds of millions of dollars on awardbaits. When they want to have some mantle metal they just produce a cheap emotional shit for a few million

no

made enemy and prisoners at the same time and offered it to him, seems like hes gonna drop that jake movie to do dune and cleopatra

youtube.com/watch?v=4ekuRSHC7k4&t=8m0s

or drop jake for gosling
hmmm

$375M, but it was a really expensive movie

>polytechnique
>mongrel muslim shoots women
>cast white male to play him

really makes me think

It cost over 200m to make (and studios never release their advertising budget) and made 300m in sales, and 60m in home release. In terms of profit on a well known IP that's not that much.

It DID walk away with the most awards at the Oscars that year and probably the most the producers will ever see in a single movie.

*makes box office poison*

he'd be good, but it would be 7 hours long

I think I hate his films only because of his smug punchable face

vlia-nuev?

is that how you say it?

pls respond.

veeel-noo-wev

youtube.com/watch?v=U14yAM0lLKM&feature=youtu.be

>my name is a killing word
>oh so like lets make it like a real thing, his name is like a super power spell like in skyrim
lynch is a hack

dead wrong

Veel-neu-poop

retarded anglos ...

She's fit

French is such a retarded language. Those letters don't correspond with those sounds at all. No wonder people prefer English

Deni vilnaowv

>Those letters don't correspond with those sounds at all.
They absolutely do. But in french. because it's another language.
Can you understand that, you absolute moron?

even a parrot is able to reporduce simple sounds but somehow burger are too stupid for it ?

Want to give a timestamp in that 30 minute video?

>knowing what reddit pages look like

underrated post

The Eternal Anglo being triggered again.

?

he's a legend

This man is my last hope for a quality director

This man is my hero ; ;

>american thinks tha just because it's the same alphabet they use the same sounds they do in american
>why all these foreigners don't speak the same language ree

Blade runner was really long and boring. Just like the last one. What the fuck

BASED Rocco

8:00 minutes

Villy Nerve.

> go on, make "Dune", you bastard. do it right.

the original book is thicker than most guys' cocks. they had to leave a hell of a lot of stuff out. as Brad Dourif said in "The Making of Dune" - "Average is dumb."

>hes gonna drop that jake movie to do dune and cleopatra

jesus christ, "Dune and Cleopatra"? is that another one of the fucking prequels?

> makes 160 million over budget
> studio still says it's a failure

you know what? i can't wait for the advent of something like Blender for Dummies, so we can all make films and tell the studios to go fuck themselves. i want to see all of those accountant fuckers die of starvation like the A&R men of the music industry did.

Is this the Christopher Nolan of our generation?

Creepy laugh at ~9:00 about Jake

Nolan literally released dunkirk this year what he fuck is this shitty meme. They are both alive and working

No, as in he's been eyed to actually make a Cleopatra movie that Sony's wanted to do for a while.

Well a Dune movie would be too, just like the book.

couldn't be worse than the original

Incendies is actually a pretty great film. His best after Enemy

It's vi-luh-nuhv you fucking retards.

what are some villeneuve essential kinos?

Enemy, Prisoners, Sicario, Incendies

Pretty much everything he's made, not one bad movie

>Villanueve
>VIlla nueve
>Villa nu eve
>Villa nu wave
>VIlla new wave

House of New Wave

I've only seen Prisoners, Arrival, and Sicario. I can recommend the first two but not the third. It was worth watching once but I was very disappointed with it after how massively overhyped it was. Whereas I feel that Arrival deserves its hype.

Dune is probablhy not going to get made by him unless it is given a low budget or it's changed into an action comedy marketed towards families. It's would be financially foolish to make it with a big budget and simialr to his other movies like Blade Runner 2049 was.

It might have a better chance of getting made with a big budget as a movie or mini series if Amazon or Netflix was willing to pay for it and get exclusive dvd, vod, and theater rights and got a big portion of any potential profit

I disagree. Enemy was half-baked.

someone please explain to me the spider i am a retard.