Uncanny X-Men #239

Too subtle for some

I love how quickly Havok forgets about Lorna as soon as Maddy spreads her legs.

The Summers brothers have bad luck with ex-girlfriends turning evil and trying to kill them.

>Maddie in the dark
>Aex in the light
>This is the last time they fucked as friends

>Comics will never be this good again

Did you just decide Christmas is a good time for a storytime about demons taking over the world?

Poor Maddie. Her will and past was never her own, only instruments of another and she got cucked by the very woman she was cloned from.

Inferno sucked tho and is part of one of the most convoluted shitty series of retcons ever.

I thought this was going to be the issue where gateway helps the x-men return a bunch of stolen loot on christmas eve

And yet it is still way better than the shitty events we get today

Yeah, I dunno about that. Shorter I guess but still shit and all that Maddy and Jean revival shit did damage that lasted for decades while everyone forgets about the modern events after they're over.

Only if you're a Cyclops fan.

He treated her like garbage which provided her with some amazing character moments from CC, like the one where Maddie realises she was just an interchangeable replacement for Jean. Her decent into madness, turn to the dark side and losing herself to revenge was page turning stuff.

That damage was done before Inferno

>I never actually read any of this, I just pretend I did so I can shit on current comics like a smelly hipster
kys

t. Bendis

kys you balding jew fuck

That reminds me; if and when Scott DOES come back, they need to have him tell Emma to fuck off and give us a lengthy arc with Scott trying to win Maddie back and ultimately reuniting with her.

Pretty much ALL of the Scott hate stems from how he abandoned Maddie like he did.

Bring Maddie back, have her kill Emma and Evil mind-raping Teen Jean, and then return to the X-Men where she belongs

Why not just have her show up again as a spook and be snarky demon while working to help people?

Hey guys, who here also thinks that Mr. Sinister is just misunderstood?

How can you understand and justify killing the Morlocks? Or killing Madelyne Pryor or Jean Grey's sister and her kids?

Man, thinking back on this time it's remarkable how much time and development Claremont spent on his recurring villains. The Brotherhood, the Marauders and even the Reavers were baddies we kept coming back to between adventures just to see what they were up to and where their plots were leading. They were practically supporting cast members. It's pretty rare to see that sort of thing in this day and age. The only comic I can think of these days which does anything similar with long-running villains and involved plots is Deadpool; Madcap's slow-burning vendetta has had a similar feel to it.

>lengthy arc with Scott trying to win Maddie back

topkek

Madelyn didn't deserve her shitcanning and imo Jean should have stayed dead but its stuck. She's a villain/corpse now.

Emma was the best thing to happen to Scott in ages and I hope they hook up again after he's done being dead.

Inferno was so much fun. One of the craziest events with all the random objects coming to life and killing people, shit got really dark.

DIE THING OF EVIL

The Morlocks were being genetically manipulated and altered by the AoA Dark Beast for nefarious purposes, that regrettable action was necessary to ensure that EvilHank#3 wouldn't ruin everything planned.
The elimination of loose ends is also a regrettable fact of any immortal super-scientist's life.
There were more important things to be concerned with than petty morality.
Mr. Sinister knows how to keep his eye on the prize and not get distracted.

Scotty's one of those insanely nice people who tries to see the good in everyone, to him Maddie is a victim like any other mutant who's life just one day flies out of control.
That's exactly who the X-Men (and Scott first and foremost) are there to help, and Scott's the guy that caused her the most harm here.

Unfortunately Scott was the worst thing to happen to Emma. After Morrison left, writers quickly made her nothing but a trophy wife to prop Scott up at the cost of her personality, and by the time Fraction came around she was an absolute husk of a character.

If/when she comes back I hope she despises him with every fibre of her being. She had far more chemistry with Banshee.

Emma had more character then Maddie and Jean ever had around Scott. Of course anyone dating him is going to be subject for unnecessary drama but Emma could hold her own pretty well.

KEK
Scott is the worst thing that has ever happened to every girl he has ever been in a relationship with.
Jean - repeatedly possessed, killed, and resurrected by a cosmic entity that has a hard-on for Scott
Maddie - created to be his baby-momma and discarded like trash before being manipulated by yet another soulless abomination into becoming an agent of evil yet again and again.
Emma - oh, poor poor broken shell of her former self crazy-now Emma...

Sinister is such a sexy smug bastard

I'm still trying to figure out if he always had hair or if they changed it from a hair-shaped plastic helmet like with Colossus's metal dome.

Inferno's overall feeling is really grotesque. I think that is the word that best describes it.
Of course when it works it really works, when it doesn't it can be quite jarring (for me it's the case with Nas'tirh Home Alone shenanigans with Wiz Kid in X-terminators)

I cannot believe writers couldn't come up with anything better than having Scott just straight up dump his wife and kid. I mean what the actual fuck, how did that make sense at all?

He's clearly having a mental breakdown all throughout the early X-Factor stories, at more than one point even screaming at hallucinations.
And the first scene of him at his house in married life is of Maddie upset about how he's spent all day doing nothing but compulsively cutting firewood.
You are right: It didn't make sense ... because he was going insane.
And frankly a crazy Cyclops is much more entertaining than regular Cyclops.

>SHTO
what is this

Psylock was so much hotter before becoming a shitty slutninja for fanboys to jerk it too.

And how is Rogue touching her and not absorbing her? Think I missed something.

Rogue used to be a straight-up villainess who absorbed the goody-two-shoes superheroine Carol Danvers and lost half her identity, it was her original character concept, in one early story she even considered using her powers to absorb/kill Storm.
She was much more fun to read back then.

It's how the "set-to" in the previous balloon would read phonetically when read in Carol's Bostonian accent -as opposed to Rogue's MAH SUGAH shtick

90s X-Men most fun of all time

is this collected anywhere? seems super fun

no
Scott is my favorite X-Men, he's my favorite comic book character but I hate how he's so tied down to girls
let him just fuck some mutant hoes, even some just other cutie hero girls and regular girls
why does he have to be in a relationship

Not him, but i'll story time it for you since I can't sleep and am bored.

This takes place before OP's issue and is unrelated.

Merry day after Christmas

thank you
I felt really dumb because it all made sense when I was 9

you're awesome
I read Longshot saves the marvel Universe a long time ago and he's the best thing ever

oh the foreshadowing

Haven't read too much Longshot stuff outside of this run. His relationship with Dazzler has some funny moments, but really don't like his costume.

>that Anna
>that pose
Yes, boner, I understand now.

His costume was very early '80s.
I think David Bowie was once seen wearing something just like it.

really? well try out his mini its only 4 issues and probably one of the most fun 100 pages I've ever read

Did Mojo and Spiral first appear in that? I really like them.

I think they're from his debut right?

Not much for xmas related stuff but it's getting there.

Cyke would make a good twink

Poor New Mutants, being forced to go christmas caroling by Magneto.

Shut your whore mouth! NOT MY CYKE!

Ahhh, Dazz got a present. Even though she's the famous popstar and has more money then any of the others.

Even poor African dude who's only life purpose is to teleport X-Men to places is getting in the holiday spirit.

The end.

What's the deal with Gateway?
Is he a teleporting precog?
A teleporting psychic?
A teleporting mystic?

He is an abo loaded on petrol.

This. Him leaving his wife is shit no matter what but he wasn't being a scumbag about it... He was going thru 5 mental breakdowns a day.

Honestly I think Claremont just threw a hissy fit when he realized he couldn't control all his x characters. So he made Scott out to be a shithead in his books when the guy easily could have taken his family to X-Factor. Have Jean be in a love triangle with Beast and Angel as she struggles with the fact the love of her life has moved on without her.

Plus him skipping out on his wife to rejoin the X-Men after making such a big deal about retiring was the result of an editorial decision that could honestly only ever be explained as an act of madness.
Fortunately he's gone nutzo plenty of times even before then so it was actually a valid excuse and completely in character.

Oh, well him having a breakdown leaving his wife and baby to be murdered by a bunch of mutant hunters whilst he pined and moped over his childhood sweetheart is perfectly fine then. He's the Rick Grimes of Marvel, we're supposed to believe he's this amazing tactician when all he does is have breakdowns, act completely selfish and mope around all the time.

And there's no way Scott would have let Jean move on with someone else, He's a garbage husband and a garbage leader.

Maddy came back years ago.