Why is he such box office poison?

Why is he such box office poison?

He acts in interesting projects, sadly, interesting doesn't mean highly successful.

I don't know

Low T,inexpressive

>tfw white males who can act are no longer box office draws

He’s ugly.

Ra Ra Rand did really well.

>can act
>just stares at shit intensely with a blank expression
No wonder autists relate so much. At least Tom Cruise stares intensely with variation.

He can act now?
He's on par with Russell Crowe but at least Russel had heart.

>La La Land

his looks are overrated, but i'd hardly call him ugly.

>implying how much money a studio makes is somehow relevant to my own viewing experience

>can act
goose's only draw is that he's handsome as shit, he couldn't act his way out of a coffee cup

Gosling keeps getting these "stare at things" roles and there's no chance for him to try in any recent movie he's done. Save for maybe La La Land but he had to interact with Froggy Stoned for almost every scene so he wasn't good there either.

Fassbender is too. Shame they're Sup Forums's favorite meme actors

>Half Nelson
>Blue Valentine
>Place Beyond The Pines
>The Big Short
Is he the greatest actor who ever was? I doubt it, but he's got a career ahead of him (hopefully). He's certainly got more range if only in that he has comedic timing. The potential is there, all he needs is for somebody to write him a Manchester by the Sea, and we'll see... no pun intended.

>mfw that's who I was thinking about when I posted

Even Steve McQueen didn't want him in his new film although that shit looks weird and an antithesis to McQueen's portfolio, but whatever

In all of those movies, he also stares blankly, except added a pinch of quirkiness. He has zero range. More importantly, no charm. Just look at Cruise if you want to see staring intensely done properly.

What happened to Hollywood

Do you guys remember Brad Pitt in his prime?
Now lazy eye Gosling is considered handsome.

>small ears
>short slim lips
>eyes too close to each other
>sharp chin

People are afraid of atuism.

Pure expressionless personality void. I feel no connection to him as a character or an actor playing a role, its like theres almost an absense whenever hes onscreen.

I dunno dude, there's something about Gosling that makes him super attractive to me

no homo

if you want the normalshit audience, you gotta produce 90 minute long McMovies

Gosling being handsome must be a meme that people started believing because they heard it so many times, he is the epitome of average looks

I would only cast him in Ronery roles.
He has no range as an actor.

I wish I was half as average as Gosling

it's literally just because he was in the notebook

he's a bad actor

this is the guy who did The Notebook and had girls fawning all over him you do remember right?

he cant ackt

who the heck wants to watch some sad, dreary nearly 3 hour sci fi movie. ghost in the shell and valerian showed that people don't want to watch sci-fi even if it's an action-comedy like valerian.

big budget sci-fi is just dead. the people have spoken and the critics were wrong.

pulling off a blank stare in a movie is harder than it looks

>La La Land main actor
>office poison
choose one

what are you talking about? he literally just won an oscar in the last two years

white men don't have real emotions so it seems obviously fake.

He's not, sci fi movies in general are box office poison.

name a single black person that I've ever heard of
go ahead, name just one

idris "bond" elba

>autistic dull silent prick face fuck
wew lad

If he has no range, how come he's been in tons of movies, is very famous, and has lots of money as an actor? Pure looks?

They were both in Song to Song. Who needs to play at the box office when you've been in a Terrence Malick film?

Movie goers don't like autism. Unless the film is about autism, there's no reason to cast Ryan Grossling.

WE STUCK IN LA LA LAND
I DON'T KNOW WHO IS WHO

He's a box office draw in films that are meant to be box office draws.

Most of his other movies haven't been the type that would ever be big draws regardless of who was the protagonist.

I dunno what the fuck they were thinking redoing blade runner with this kind of budget. Most people outside of film buffs or anyone under 40 (i.e people who actually go to the theatre) have never heard of this.

Goslings best roles have been in movie the average person has never heard of.

The believer, United States of leland, half Nelson. Hell any time I've brought up the place behind the pines, not a single person has heard of it.

There's definitely people who will see it regardless of even knowing the first one exists, it's got popular actors in it, and it's not another typical superhero movie.

Shit I just looked at the box office
I guess you're right, nobody is seeing this, the fuck

i'd rather him be box office poison, cause that means he'll keep being in good films

Marketing. At any given time there has to be an IT guy. The Jews chose him.

Remember before he became really famous he apparently saved someone from getting run over and he stopped a fight in New York and then ran off before anyone could thank him? None of that really happened. That’s Jewish marketing to prep him to be the next big thing.