Interlinked, sadly interlinked

such a gut punch when he found out he's just another Average Joe

He had it worse than pinokio

At least pinokio turned into a real boy at the end

WHERE IS MY SOUL YOU FUCKERS

Bump

lowest point of the movie

i hope he died in the sequel

>that feel when he finally found something to fight for, all on his own without strings.
;_;

>pinokio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS

He wasn't just sleeping at the end, his lifespan had expired because he finally did the thing he was purpose built to do.
Notice that when he lays on the steps they play the same music that played when Roy Batty's lifespan expired.

He was special INTERLINKED

no the twist is great because it totally changes the tone of the movie

Just like in the first when you think the movie is about Deckard until you realize it's about Roy, this movie is about K trying to redeem himself and the deckard stuff is just what's going on in the background.

oh fuck your right

i thought he died because he got stabbed and shot too much.

It's PineKino, you fool

Kek

why would you pretend that OP? K's first smile is when he finally accepts who he is at the end of the film

youtube.com/watch?v=O1Gqjjq1nic

It's that time guys. Where our favorite experts expertly expert the expert.

Its Pynchon you dummy

>the world is horrible, everybody hates you, and you live in a shithole while doing a thankless job
>the only person who talks to you is a computer gf who may just be following her programming
>get caught up in an adventure and think things might actually work out and you're the hero
...and nope, you're just another sad worthless schmuck and you're going to die soon anyhow congrats!

The real soul crushing came when the AR girlfriend big hologram calls him Joe.

If that was the case he would have just prioritized getting his healing paste and shit before he drove Deckard to his daughter.

she definitely was only following the programming thats what goose realises in that scene

I guess he was just an average Joe after all.

thing is Joi did love him. It was 'real'. But he couldve bought any other random Joi and it would've given the exact same love

>"says what you want to hear"
>"i always knew you were special"

ugh

this is why i said to my friend right after the movie finished that the relationship between Joi and Ryan was the most interesting part - it felt so clever too me

>Roy died during a heavy rainstorm at night, his head lowered and face obscured

>K laid himself on the steps, facing the open sky, at daytime, light snow falling

Deni you fucking hack

>"Anything you want"
The poor son of a bitch just wanted to feel special.

AUTISM TRILOGY?

That's definitely how he sees it, and you can see him deflate standing there, but her trying to say goodbye/I love you at the end didn't feel like something that matches up with what a program like that would be expected to do—if anything it's going to cause him more pain, and it certainly isn't going to line up with an expected possibility she'd be designed to deal with, so I still think there's some grey area. Pulling the name Joe because it's what she's been programmed to call guys who don't tell her a name doesn't necessarily obviate everything else or mean she can't have had moments after she called him Joe that were off programming or flirting with self-realization.

Or something something read my blog I guess.

>take vr waifu
>break antenna so nobody can track it
>use cop car so the police department can track you
Idiotic.

Why? It was so much better due to him being completely irrelevant to the greater story setting

>not wanting DRIVE 2049

>is an autist with a fake waifu who he thinks likes him
>waifu gets destroyed by some female autist who he thinks hates him but who secretly loves him
>he finds out his waifu never really loved him

Is he LITERALLY /ourguy/?

Hes one of us

Just like my insignificant life....

Add her

why would that not match up with her programming? why would he not want to hear that she loves him just cause shes about to die? that doesnt make sense

Because having somebody you love die causes pain. There's also the part where she tells the whore to fuck off in private.

Clearly she pulls the first name out of programming calling him Joe and that's the basis of their relationship, but a few things happen after that hinting that she's pushing beyond situations she was programmed for and isn't an off the shelf computer GF any more.

Before the movie came out, Villeneuve said a few times the point wasn't "can androids be human" it was "if they appear human does it matter" and it felt like that was the point with her, too. The basis of their relationship was programming but once it passes a certain point does it matter what the basis of it was or does it reach a state where it's valid and you can accept it as real despite the unreal foundation.

nice digits

yes
The question is did they make this movie having us in mind?