Do you think Carol will ever catch on?

Do you think Carol will ever catch on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What does that tweet even mean

Economic liberation?

No. Hopefully they come to same conclusion about Carol's movie as they did with the Inhumans

Economic liberation would be "trying to make it so black people aren't relegated to low paying jobs and living in the projects." Which is the exact kind of opinion you'd expect from an upper-class white woman.

So they have opportunities to stop being in poverty, which is more difficult than you'd think in the United States.

Shots fired

Feige wanted Captain Marvel but didn't want Inhumans. Perlmutter wanted Inhumans but didn't want Captain Marvel. The compromise would be that they'd do both.

Then Perlmutter was ousted from Marvel Studios, hence why Captain Marvel is still happening and Inhumans isn't.

Feige is pretty intent on turning the MCU into an SJW paradise while Perlmutter was against that and was of the opinion that there should only be straight white male protagonists.

But black people are economically liberated. To imply otherwise is to insist that blacks as individuals have no personal agency and can't fail on their own merits.

Oh, how I yearn for the day Brie chews Bendis out for how he wrote Carol in CW2

Yes, hence why it's the exact kind of opinion you'd expect from an upper-class white woman.

So she's up for slavery? How else do you liberate them from those burdens without killing them?

>implying she'll read it
It'll be better for everyone involved if CWII is quickly forgotten and relegated to an unfortunate foot note in comic history.

Are you suggesting that Ike okayed Civil War II's use of Carol as some sort of spiteful sabotage against Fiege?

Is this juxtaposition trying to imply that Carol is arresting Miles because he's black? Or that it's wrong to arrest a black person?

Your own merits are not the only thing to consider, you autistic idiot. There are concrete material limitations to black people in areas where white people have it better. I guess you think every poor person in the planet is poor because they like being poor are are too lazy to get a house.

With Miles' luck with the ladies in consideration, I think it's safe to say that "but you're under arrest" is code for "I'm going to sit on your face".

I'd like that to be the case as well but Bendis deserves some sort of reprimanding for how badly he fucked this event up (and everyone else's books by proxy). He can no longer be trusted to be the lead architect of events or rest on his tenure with the company...

What I don't understand is how she will apply her full committment to the social, political and economic liberation of black people, besides her tweet.

What exactly happened here?

We should turn SJW's and black rights activists against each other.

The end result is comic books not being complete shit anymore.

>I guess you think every poor person in the planet is poor because they like being poor are are too lazy to get a house.
That's how capitalism portray history and those are the values under America was built. SJWs complain about bathrooms and holidays but rich white men are richer than ever and they don't make money by being nice and caring

It's certainly the brush that Bendis is trying to paint with here... CWII has been a very, VERY clumsy attempt to talk about profiling.

And bear in mind, the previous issue had Carol being presented with research and first-hand evidence that Ulysses' pre-cog was not absolute. And her response was "Fuck you... I'll do what I want." So when she's presented with the Two Page Spread That Was Supposed To Be Felt Around The World But No One Gave A Shit About No Matter How Many Times They Reprinted It, she's clearly meant to be in the wrong

Unfortunately Marvel's "strategy" (if you can call it that) going forward seems to be to root as much of their next year or two of plots in CWII as possible, while pushing Carol on everyone as the bestest hero there ever was (while conveniently ignoring her fascist turn) and making sure that she suffers no consequences for her actions. (She made up with Jess in, like, three panels, because no consequences can be allowed to sully Marvel's new Golden Girl.)

Meanwhile, Tony's dead, Steve Rogers is Captain Hydra, Thor Odinson is trying to prove that he's not unworthy, Miles still exists, OMD is still canon, Bruce Banner is dead, and Jennifer is all grey and angry.

But heaven forbid Carol suffers anything more than some nightmares while being publicly lauded for being a closet fascist every time she turns around. Such a wasted opportunity -- a plot where people think she was in the wrong after Tony's death, and the consequences of that, and her attempts to redeem herself, could have been interesting.

Instead we get "isn't our Captain Marvel the best?! Right?! RIGHT?!!!"

It is entirely possible, but I think it's more likely that Bendis is just incompetent.

I mean, I hate Bendis as much as the next user, but the blame for CWII can't be put entirely on him. Yes, it was horribly written but it was also very clearly rushed to hell and back. Even a good writer trying his hardest wouldn't have had much room to work with there.

Have any Marvel writers responded to accusations of Carol being pretty clearly fascistic?

Clearly by retweeting other peoples' similar tweets, and maybe the occasional tax deductible donation to a charity with a loose association with black people.

But she's a woman, only (white) males can be fascists

She's been called a fascist multiple times in various tie-ins.

Marvel's making the same mistakes that WWE did with Roman Reigns...

>implying anyone is going to read that wall of text
wew lad

You should user, I did.

Even though it appears that the MCU will unfortunately turn into that, the fact that the executives told everyone one who wanted an Asian Iron Fist to fuck off gave me hope.

I feel so bad for Stohl... Marvel's basically asked her to fix a car that they wrapped around a tree for kicks and get it back to mint condition in time for the drive-in next weekend...

I give her props for trying but given how CWII is ending, her attempts to return Carol to center will unfortunately come off as rushed at best and unearned at worst...

But me and my family made it by our merits. We are all black. I don't need liberals or SJW to fight for me thank you. Plenty of foreigner have came here to the U.S, worked hard and made something of themselves, because of good work ethic and learning how to network. So I don't want to hear your excuses.

Aaayyy check'em trips

gibs me dat

You, I like you.

But you're oppressed.
youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE

this

Bendis has said that people who say that don't know what fascism is.

>like being poor are are too lazy to get a house.
Hah, GOTCHA! You made a typo, and now your post is irrelevant.

Iron fist is Netflix not mcu.

Of course he did.

>TV
>MCU
Kek

The point is that people in control of Marvel entertainment said no to the Iron Fist should be Asian SJWs and didn't care how much they bitched about it.

Same thing with Tilda Swinton in Dr. Strange, they did it in spite of all the SJWs bitching about not casting an Asian actor. Granted, they did it because they wanted China's money but it shows that at the end of the day they're a business who aren't going to completely ruin themselves just to satisfy retarded SJWs.

But that's true. The only reason people are poor is because they're too lazy to work hard enough to stop being poor. Anyone who's consistently poor is fucking lazy. In order to stop having the poor problem, we need to get rid of the fucking handouts like welfare and social security

And that includes getting rid of shit like soup kitchens and shelters, and especially those fucking charities dedicated to handouts. You want food? You want shelter? You gotta work for it like everyone else. This country needs to realize that helping these people only makes it impossible for them to help themselves.

>the fact that the executives told everyone one who wanted an Asian Iron Fist to fuck off gave me hope.
Iron Fist is made by Marvel Television, not Marvel Studios. Guess whose in charge of Marvel Television? Ike Perlmutter. Guess who has no say in Marvel Television? Kevin Feige.

>The point is that people in control of Marvel entertainment said no to the Iron Fist should be Asian SJWs and didn't care how much they bitched about it.
Marvel Studios is no longer part of Marvel Entertainment. What part of "Ike Perlmutter was removed from Marvel Studios" don't you understand?

underrated post.
Truth is a bitch.

user that's ignorant as fuck. There are many reasons why people are poor and stay in poverty. Laziness is one reason but not the only one.

lol no

You're legit a moron. You genuinely don't understand poverty.

Cool meme!

To clarify, Ike Perlmutter controls Marvel Entertaintment. Kevin Feige didn't like answering to Perlmutter because he was a stingy jew who refused to pay the salaries that the actors wanted and who refused to allow Feige's SJWization of the MCU.

So Feige bitched to Alan Horn, the CEO of Disney and only person above Perlmutter, to have Marvel Studios removed from Marvel Entertainment and put under Disney Studios. Meaning that Marvel Studios, as of Dr. Strange, is NOT part of Marvel meaning that Perlmutter is no longer able to keep Feige's SJW pandering in check. Perlmutter is still in control of Marvel Entertainment though, which is everything Marvel BESIDES Marvel Studios.

>Ignorant
Yeah, right. Stop trying to make excuses for them. If you work hard enough you can stop being poor. That's a fact

When I said Marvel Entertainment I didn't mean the company, I simply meant Marvel properties in Media.

To be fair making it a race issue is pretty shortsighted, since the entire south and rust belt are basically economic dead zones with zero rights for workers.

I know enough to realize we should stop enabling the poor. You gotta motivate them to stop being poor. Same goes for shit like disabilities. If you can't work you don't get to eat. You shouldn't get free money for being a cripple

What? user, this isn't some rumor. It's a fact that Marvel Television is part of Marvel Entertainment (so controlled by Perlmutter) while Marvel Studios, as of early last year, is NOT part of Marvel Entertainment.

This isn't a meme, or a rumor, or something that someone just made up on Sup Forums. This is a heavily reported fact that you can feel free to fact check to your hearts content, as a simple google search will confirm.

The people saying "Marvel Television =/= MCU" are just meme-ing, but Marvel Studios =/= Marvel Entertainment is true.

Why are so many heroes following Carol anyway? Why does she have the authority to lock up innocent people? Is it because she's powerful? She really has never seemed like leadership material.

But the "executives" are two different sets. There's one set of executives, Marvel Entertainment's executives, and the other set is Disney Studios' executives.

I don't know how many ways it needs to be said for you to understand. The people who control how Marvel properties are portrayed in the movies post-Civil War are not the same people who control how Marvel properties are portrayed in literally every other media. Using how ONE set of executives acts as a judgement of how the OTHER acts is stupid because they're two different sets of people with two different mentalities for how those properties should be portrayed.

I'm curious how you explain the guys with two jobs that are still poor? Statistical anomaly? Denial that they just exist? They should have three instead?

It just kind of amuses me because like it's Christmas, right? If I want to buy any lat minute groceries the black neighborhoods because here in my predominately white suburb is fully shut down and taking the day off. Yet the former is the lazy one and the latter is hard working.

Marvel wants to push Carol so Carol is a leader now. Literally no other reason.

Not always. That's a very black and white way if looking at society. Again you don't understand poverty and lack basic empathy. If you or someone you cared about were in a position of poverty or disability you would most likely change your tune.

They should have as many as they can. If they're still poor they're not trying hard enough or smart enough. If you really wanna stop being poor you'll do what it takes

She was head of Alpha Flight, and the Predictive Justice Program was approved by the joint Canadian/Wakandan/American board that oversaw Alpha Flight.

What Carol was doing was completely legal. She was given that authority by the government. I mean, sure, it turns out that the Canadian representative who pushed for it turned out to be a super-villain, but hey, all Canadian government officials are super-villains so that's hardly new. Meanwhile, Tony was just some dude from the private sector who put together a super-human army to lead terrorist attacks on government buildings (let's not forget that Tony basically blew up both the Triskellion and the Capitol Building) and broke suspected terrorists out of said buildings.

The Predictive Justice shit was absolutely retarded but legally, Carol was in the right and Tony was in the wrong. It's just that morally, it was wrong.

No, my family was poor for a while, but we worked our way out it, because we're not fucking lazy entitled fucks. If you can't afford shit like food, shelter, or medicine, then too fucking bad. Why should I feel bad for them when I know that if they tried hard enough they could stop being poor

You're ignorant as fuck and probably didn't go to college.

This. Poor people have no one to blame for being poor but themselves.

Maybe if you didn't waste money on Liberal Indoctrination Camps (aka """"""college"""""") then you wouldn't be so poor.

That's great that it worked out for your family. But not all families live where you do or have the same privileges as you. Not everyone is on an even playing field.

>Carol's horrible morally wrong injustices were technically legal and government sanctioned
All this does is make the governance in Marvel Canada look dystopian as fuck (still better than Trudeau though) and Carol looks like a useful idiot at best and a power tripping psycho at worst.

I do go to college, because my parents worked hard enough to get me there. But frankly you don't need college. Work hard enough and you can make shitloads of money
Exactly. Also, forgot to mention that free clinics are cancer

I'm not poor but I know people who are. And because I went to Liberal Indoctrination Camp I know that many poor people don't have the privilege of going to college. Have you had any education outside of high school?

But they can work to get there. See and stop whining.

>Denial that they just exist?

He isn't going to respond to you, but fyi, it's this one.

It's a necessary fact of modern society that you believe that hard work = guaranteed success, because otherwise you're forced to deal with the crushing realization that everything in your life is completely up to chance and the power people have over you. It's also why the middle class is shrinking, yet a huge number of people still believe they're in the middle class.

No one wants to accept that they're poor, because they've been convinced that the poor are poor through moral failings. And everyone else thinks the same, which means everyone harbors a deep-seated resentment for everyone else who is in the exact same situation they are.

It's much like religion- if you stop accepting that there's a rational and just force at work in the world, you are faced with the realities of the opposite. And for most people, that comfortable lie is much more acceptable than the difficult truth.

>I do go to college, because my parents worked hard enough to get me there.

That right there shows you have privileges that other people don't have. Not everyone has mommy and daddy helping them out. Or alive.

Wow you referenced a post that said poor people need to work more. That sure invalidated what I'm saying.

Even if they weren't alive I could've found another way to make a living. No excuse to stay poor. None. Zero
Being poor IS a moral failing. It indicates you're a lazy fuck who refuses to work towards self improvement and do what it takes

It did. They can even the playing field by working harder. That's what America is about

It's really easy to say that if you're not actually in that situation and haven't actually had to provide for yourself fully.

That's implying everyone is on an even playing field in terms of getting jobs, succeeding at jobs, going to school while doing said jobs, etc.

I know it's possible because that's what my dad did. Worked his way up from fucking nothing his whole life. Dirt fucking poor as a kid, now he runs a million dollar business

Now what would Jesus think about that post, user?

You can do all of those if you put enough effort into it. Stop trying to excuse the poor

>my daddy (who is probably white) is a millionaire so I'm going to tell you what it's like to work up from poverty in 2016

wew lad. Why am I not surprised a fucking millionaire's kid is against poor people getting any help whatsoever? Top fucking kek champ

Who the fuck cares what some dead guy from over 1000 years ago thinks?

You're forgetting how he worked his way up from being poor. I'm firmly middle class by the way, but that doesn't change the fact that that we should stop enabling the fucking poor

stop responding to it.

>white poors are not REAL poors
Wow. No wonder the "progressive" party lost the working class vote.

Fuck off poorfag. Your kind shouldn't even be able to afford internet

Hypothetically in a world where everyone is on an even playing field. But if you accept discrimination and prejudice exist then you have to accept that's not true.

But he was still white and still had advantages over others in his same position. Middle class still isn't poor and if you are middle class then I'm not sure why you're bringing up your dads million dollar business. Also you're implying your dad received no assistance whatsoever from anyone ever. I find that pretty unbelievable.

I didn't say that. I believe anons dad was poor. But I'm not talking to anons dad on a Chinese cartoon forum. I'm talking to user who was raised not in poverty.

He didn't. He's never stopped working. He's done what he had to to support his family. No fucking excuse for anyone else. I brought it up to prove that anyone can fucking do it. He had advantages because he WORKED for them. If you can't work you don't deserve to eat.
You can work your way past it.

This only proves that if you're poor it's YOUR fault, not society's