/STD/ - Star Trek Discovery

Predictions for tonight's episode?

Previous

More mangling of the canon

which parts of the canon have been mangled so far?

More complaints that it's actual Star Trek and not a nostalgia-fueled spoof.

Have they introduced a new asian yet? I forget. If not there's going to be a minor asian character.

>dude biological transwarp lmao muh magic cells
>Kangonz

Klingon's suddenly caring about their dead and the fucked up tech levels for one. And the inconsistent designs for everything that don't line up anywhere.

uniforms

They introduced a slimey gutter chink who I assume died on her way to the prison colony.

Why are Hollywood jews so racist and cruel to asians?

Because Asians are meant to rule this world.

Stop calling it STD

This mostly. Lorca is still the best captain we've had in over a decade.

he's literally this

dimly lit spaceship with slow moving story and dull dialogue will be a lot of nothing with an objectively bad plot advancement in final 2 minutes

No one watching Discovery cares if it's called STD. It's just Orshills false flagging because they want everyone to be stuck on the abbreviation instead of talking about the show.

It's STD, now fuck off.

DIS-posters are a vocal minority of moral hysterics and CBS marketing interns.

It will always be called STD on Sup Forums. You can call it whatever you want on your CBS Facebook page.

your franchise has been corrupted since 2009

Ransom was desperate and he didn't have the balls to do what was necessary in the end. If he stayed in the Alpha Quadrant he probably would've been a boring, by-the-book science captain conducting routine surveys on gaseous anomalies.

>t. Orshill

>everyone who doesn't like nutrek is an orshill!

give it up, there was no orville throughout all of JJ's trash

Klingons have always been big on family, guy.

They have never cared about corpses. It's mentioned several times that a dead body to them is just an empty shell not worth preserving its the memories and how they lived that matter to them.

Such klingon words of wisdom

this real klingons certainly wouldn't tactically expose themseleves to gather their dead

then again T'kumva is kinda culty, the corpse ship could have just been his own thing. you didnt see any other of the houses stay behind

There literally hasn't been any captain for over a decade before STD.

I thought the thing about bodies just being shells came from the Kaless religion. Its all the little stuff from the designs and tech that bother me because that shit adds up. Why say its a prequel that takes place between ANOTHER prequel and the first show if you aren't going to put any effort into making anything line up visually or culturally. If they had the balls to just say its another full reboot or something from the start instead of just lying to people like were idiots and won't notice all the new stuff your making up. Is what turned me off the show so much other than it being super ugly visually.

nothing wrong with the spore shit, pretty basic star trek space magic. what's wrong with the klingons? it's the first actually good rendition of them, here they're actually convincingly intimidating instead of meatheads.
klingons aren't one absolutely homogenous culture, so it's not surprising some of them care about dead bodies.
not sure about the inconsistent designs, but i guess you mean the updated art direction with less of an outdated, low budget 60's vibe?
i quite like the uniforms, even though they aren't the pinnacle of originality. sure, they don't quite fit in with the silly colored sweaters of the TOS era, but then again they don't need to.

>enterprise ended in 2005

so you're literally comparing him to pine-kirk

>CBS has deposited 0.03 into your paypal account for this post

Actual Star Trek?
Have you ever even watched the other Star Trek shows?
Are you just bait?
Maybe you have down syndrome?
STD is the most different Trek ever
Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily
But the what makes STD horrible is that cunt faced black human who thinks she's a Vulcan nasty sjw attitude on her face
And her voice
But her acting is verifiable terrible
Pic related is junk just like her

Don't be like hat, the spore shit is weird for me too. But he's spot on with the klingons, there all over the place. And I like them like that, it's how we got worf telling his son to kill him.

And the uniforms is a perspective thing. They look to military for it to belong to starfleet, it would have been better if they switched to these after the war started.

More of the horrible black actress with her eyes wide open at all times for some odd reason.

Waiting for the black actress to all of a sudden slip into ghetto speak

The official fan abbreviation is DIS

>STD

>Star Trek Discovery generals

Dude you are the only one shilling in this thread, please stop

>Kangonz

STDSneed

i'm really just happy to see a new ST show with such great visuals and a so far promising story

previously DISChuckery

What hasn't?

me too, thk god for the orville

Suck dis nuts its STD

>t. orshill

>First good Klingons
Clearly you have never seen the movies/Tng/Ds9

I don't agree but if you feel that way you should probably go back to your general, orshill.

Klingons
>When you want them to look like a Metallica tribute band, it's to admit your old

>t. Reddit trash who unironically thinks STD is even remotely close to being as good or close to the original 3 series

exactly, the orville is so bad it makes STD look even better than it is

>i know you are but what am i

careful there, I was probably watching star trek for 20 years before you were even born

>I can't think of a good comeback so I shall piggyback off yours

/DIS/

i have, but i still get the impression these new klingons are going to be better with the improved prosthetics, speech, behavior and unique style in general.

I predict it will be another 45 minutes of dark, gritty, hamfisted melodrama and angst more at home in The Expanse than Star Trek.

This. It's pathetic how triggered some people get by the official abbreviation

>I can't think of a good comeback

Sounds fun.

Mmmm dat monitor

Your reading comprehension skills need improvement.