Do you really think these were all that bad?

Do you really think these were all that bad?

No.

Episode 3 is unironically better than Return of the Jedi. Episode 1/2 are actually horrible.

Pretty much universally accepted at this point.

People are going to realize how wrong they were about the Prequels when the JewJew trilogy is finished.

2 is horrific. 1 at least had semi intriguing characters (Mail and Qui Gon). 3 is TFA tier...flawed but still good

Revenge of the Sith is kino.

Episode I and II are bad, but I'll take them over the soulless rehash that is Episode VII

Episodes 1 and 2 had it's shitty moments, but also had lots of kino moments. Episode 3 was actually good.
Episode 1 - 7/10
Episode 2 - 6/10
Episode 3 - 9/10
Just like that. And you cant deny the amount of content that the prequels created, most of it is pretty good, including books and videogames.
Meanwhile Jew Jew's Disney shit created nothing but cancer and ruined the universe.

Episode 2 is not 6/10. It is not an above average movie

Yes, 1 was the most acceptable of the prequels, 2 was a popcorn flick, and 3 had me laughing almost 50% of the run time.

They are still better than the jewjew remakes though.

They are legitmately bad movies. Rewatched 3 recently and found it even worse than I remembered.

>the state of this board
HAHAHAHA

Legitmately terrible movies. Even episode 3 even though it was better than the first two.

Really? I watched them all again recently and I've come to forgive them Even JarJar isn't as bad as a I remember him being.

I do think though that the main strength of the prequels comes from the greater context they give to the original trilogy. I don't know if they could stand on their own at all without that foundation.

I rarely find someone that agrees, but I think 2 is the best of the trilogy. 1 is atrocious; yes it has a few things going for it, but Kid Anakin is the single worst thing in the entire saga. If anything, its ! that is the popcorn flick (now this is pod racing!)
3 has some of the most powerful moments of any Star Wars movie, but it has some pacing issues and awful tonal shifts throughout the beginning.
Meanwhile, 2 tries something new and interesting with Detective Kenobi and Kamino and everything revolving around that was cool. Kenobi vs Fett in space had absolutely god tier sound design. And while of course all the episodes had great soundtracks, I think 2 had there best. It is the longest Star Wars film yet it drags far less than 3 or 6. If you want to complain about the dialogue, fine. And Christenson's acting is weak (though I will defend it in 3). But 2 is quite underrated

There's no denying that they're bad movies. The pacing is shit, the dialogue more miss than hit, cgi is awful, etc.
That said, since they're made by George they're filled to the brim with neat ideas and scenes, and they're infiniitely better than what Disney is putting out.
The prequel setting is arguably way more interesting than the OT.

nope, it's just a dieing meme. in 5-10 years from now, the whole "prequels are bad" meme will be DEAD

NOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo

>cgi is awful

Even for the late 90s-early 2000s you think that CGI was bad?

Yes, the prequels are just a bunch rehashing of the OT in superficial ways
>Hey, memba Darth Vader? Now he's space jesus and the literal center of the universe lol
>Hey, memba Boba Fett? Now his dad is here, oh and there is any entire army cloned after him lol
The prequels lack a core central thesis, really the prequels lack any kind of greater meaning other than that lightsabers are cool I guess

Bad acting, bad writing, bad designs, the fact that they are prequels so they only detract from the originals with stupid shit like miducloruans, boba fetts dad, baby jedi the list goes on.

force awakens makes them look pretty bold and inventive in hindsight

but yes, they are almost unwatchable

Yes, but they are better than then the new ones. Lucas was at least trying to universe-build and try new things. Abrams and Kennedy aren't even trying to do that.

The first two are clusterfucks that had some good ideas with bad execution. Only Qui-Gon and Darth Maul saved the first one from being a total disaster. Episode 2 was a complete mess from beginning to end, although it had its fun moments. Episode 3 was a deeply flawed, but extremely passable action movie. Honestly, Episode 3 is really the only one that matters storywise. You don't even really need to watch the first two.

Episode 3 is fun. Don't care about 1 and 2.

>prequels lack a core central thesis

I disagree. The core is that Anakin does everything for to protect his family. He destroys both the Jedi, the Sith, and the Sandpeople for them. The execution was extremely sloppy, but there was a theme there.

And I agree the Darth Vader as Space Jesus was awful.

>The core is that Anakin does everything for to protect his family.

Is a terribly conceived and executed core really better than having no core at all?

I loved them as a kid and teenager. However, it was a different time, there was loads of tie-in material released, you basically breathed Star Wars in every medium. So while the films alone and without context don't work that well anymore, it was a great time to be alive during. You always had cool new video games to look forward to, things that kept you hooked. Stuff like Republic Commando and Genndy's Clone Wars to introduce you to Grievous, for example. If you only watch Episode 3, then of course he's underwhelming and comes out of nowhere, but when you played and watched the supplementary stuff when it aired, then you were hyped to see the guy in action. Same goes for tie-in vidya like Bounty Hunter to give you background on Jango Fett. Instantly elevated the material on screen. Even OT stuff like Rogue Squadron 1-3 included PT vehicles and missions and you were just drawn to it. Very clever business tactic. And I never even touched the comics or EU books (safe for Thrawn Trilogy and Tales from the Bounty Hunters).

Maul has like 3 lines and everything Gin does is either pointless or can easily be written out of the story and neither of them add anything to the original movies.

Fuck no, RoTS was one of the best in the franchise. Anyone who disagrees is literally a fucking reddit fag. This thread should be interesting to gauge the amount of reddit faggot.

After rewatching all movies a week ago

New Hope > Empire > Jedi. Everything else is so much worse that it isnt on the scale. But i gotta say RotS is fun to watch, looks the best out of the prequels (also is the best obviously) and is the most memeworthy.

Phantom Menace can be watched as a pure comedy with friends. Force Awakens and Attack on the Clones are just boring and shitty.

Also watching the originals while thinking of the prequels as non-canon makes them much much more enjoyable imo

*upvote*

your rubric is so wack mate

True, but they both added some presence that was I felt lacking (aside from Palpatine) in the next two.

Fair enough, but you needed a good reason why a Jedi would go evil like that. The problem was is that Anakin was just such a shitty person to begin with, it didn't really seem so much as a tragic fall from grace so much as a just a natural evolution of the character.

Why do people think the new movies being bad somehow retroactively make the prequels good and misunderstood? There both just bad. Hell most of the entirety of Star Wars is bad just embrace it and stop pretending it's secretly genius.

watch more films

1: good ideas, ruined by poor editing and acting (you can tell that the actors do not understand a word of what they are saying).
2: the "worst" of the prequel trilogy. It was more competently directed than episode one, but while the acting problems returned an interesting premise did not.
3: the "best" of the three. Not as interesting of a premise as episode one, and not as competently shot as episode two; the bright spot for this movie is the noticeably improved acting.

>the absolute state of this board
no wonder we have endless capeshit threads

this
they're movies for children and they always have been, it's just that the 10 y/os who saw it in 1977 are now 50

>Fair enough, but you needed a good reason why a Jedi would go evil like that.

And having bad dreams about his wife dying was the best George Lucas could come up[ with? This nigga had since 1983 to come up with a plausible reason for Anakin to go to the dark side.

t. someone who is out of touch with what reddit is
the prequels are very popular there. a true Sup Forums user would be contrarian to this and dislike the prequels

Reddit only started liking the prequels when Sheevposting went mainstream.
They hated them for the longest time

*gives reddit gold*
I agree fellow redditor! The prequels were terrible movies for reason being that they ruined star wars and other vague stuff that is too difficult to describe with my pseudo-intellectual mind! OT is much better and JJ Abrams saved star wars.

Episode 2 is the star wars pleb filter

star wars was never good kys

non-denial denial

The universe building was great. Lucas showed the advanced Republic civilization at it's apex, where everything is clean and almost dream-like, and it's subsequent downfall into the dirty Imperial post-apocalypse. And a similarly decadent Jedi Order that was less about the spiritual aspect of the Force, and more about giant temples in Coruscant, simplifying down Jedi training to an actual classroom, and councils with ranking members and a clear political hierarchy. After Vader destroys all that shit, it later allows Obi-wan and Yoda to train Luke in the correct way.

The new sequels are not expanding on anything. It's literally just regurgitating the original trilogy in a millennial-friendly form.

Reddit still hates prequels, just like the shitty memes. Go to that cesspool(you probably crosspost there too, you faggot) and ask them what they think of prequels, 90% of the time they will tell how bad it is and how George ruined it, while saying that tfa was better and saved the series.

Before we created prequel memes reddit hates them because RLM told them to, this is just a fact

Agreed. There needed to be more. The mom dying was supposedly foreshadowing, but it was so badly done it didn't really resonate. There were some vague allusions to him thinking the Jedi were planning an undemocratic coup, and then he proceeds to lead an undemocratic coup.

regardless, it's still just a spoopy strawman though. in your heart of hearts, you know the prequels aren't good but being the good little Sup Forums users you are you shitpost and pretend to like them just to not be accused of being 'reddit'

>in your heart of hearts, you know the prequels aren't good but being the good little Sup Forums users you are you shitpost and pretend to like them just to not be accused of being 'reddit'
*downvote*
Except I actually like them and value it's artistic values, especially the scenes in RoTS

oh come on, stop shitposting. they're fucking dogshit

*downvote*
*report to mods*
Not an argument.

the memes and Sheev made it kino

The prequels lack a detailed explanation of the Republic's tax plan.

neither is saying 'i actually like them and value it's artistic values' shitlord. i'm going to pm the moderators about you gaybo for thinking that the prequels are anything other than tonally confused kid's films cockmunch

TPM literally talks all about the taxation of trade routes

Nope, Revenge of the Sith was better than all of the first 3 boring ass films.

they were the best starwars trilogy

>had dreams about his mom dying that later became true
>now has dreams about his waifu dying
>heard stories from his mentor Palpatine that there were people strong enough in the force to stop death
>realizes he's nowhere near that powerful despite being the appraent chosen one
>in fact he isnt even any more powerful than random scrub obiwan
>shifts blame to obiwan holding him back out of jealousy
>wepurposelytrainedhimwrongasajoke.jpg
>now has thoughts in the back of his mind that obiwan is even cucking him with padme
>no this cant be happening im in charge here
>the council then cucks him out of jedi master status
>mace windu then tries to cuck his only hope of saving padme by killing palpatine
>anakin responds by throwing a nigger out the window
>padme thanks him by showing up with her bull obiwan to cuck him one last time

anakin did nothing wrong. a man can only be cucked so much

>The universe building was great. Lucas showed the advanced Republic civilization at it's apex, where everything is clean and almost dream-like, and it's subsequent downfall into the dirty Imperial post-apocalypse. And a similarly decadent Jedi Order that was less about the spiritual aspect of the Force, and more about giant temples in Coruscant, simplifying down Jedi training to an actual classroom, and councils with ranking members and a clear political hierarchy. After Vader destroys all that shit, it later allows Obi-wan and Yoda to train Luke in the correct way.

So Lucas made everyone stupid and retarded so his shitty plot could work? Gotcha.

I never said it didn't make sense, just that it's stupid.

>YES, these movies are garbage and I much prefer the JJ Abrams and OT trilogy

Why can't Kike Kike Abrams hold his fucking camera steady?

No not all, maybe CGI and dialogue and some of the plot but anything else...

1 was going well until fucking jarjar, child Anakin taking out the droid control unit was abit much aswell just to highlight hes the special one

2 hamfisted love plot writing ruined the mood of the subplot of sidious setting up for the war

3 droids becoming to life like and "funny"
>stupid little astro droid
>they scream in "death"

the pace and reason for anakins fall was WAY to quick and handled badly granted its a film but i think the book triology slows and expands massively on whats going on

its hard to rank them as they fail in certain areas but shine in others

>tfa
>good
TFA is the by far worst of them all

I just realized something.

>on Naboo, queens are elected
>Queen Amidala was 14 in the TPM
>the Naboo(ians?) elected a fucking teenage girl to their highest political office

Maybe their retarded asses deserved to get invaded.

Not a big Star Wars fan. I only liked Empire Strikes Back and the Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoons way back in 2003.

The prequels had so much hype and when they finally got released, it just didn't fell through. The only things that were good from the prequels was McGregor as young Obi-Wan, the return of Ian Diarmid as Palpatine and playing a younger version of himself, and the aesthetics of the Clone Trooper uniforms. Everything else was disappointing.

Christopher Lee wasn't utilized properly, Jango Fett went down like a bitch, Samuel L. Jackson's Mace Windu lacked any meaningful presence besides "Look at me, I'm Jules from Pulp Fiction being a badass Jedi master", the whole Clone Wars and Separatist conflict was piss-poor.

The only way you could view the prequels in a good light is seeing how it's the failure of Obi-Wan to prevent the rise of Darth Vader and the tragedy of father figures in each part.

>this faggot doesn't want to be ruled by a qt3.14 teenage girl
I can hear you sucking cock from over here.

Best in the series

>Episode 2 - 6/10

You can't be serious. Attack of the Clones is honestly one of the absolute worst movies that I've watched.

>OT is much better and JJ Abrams saved star wars.

OT is much better, and JJ Abrams is a faggot who further ruined what Lucas started ruining with the prequels.

Just skip the romantic shit and it's alright.

I liked them as a kid and as a preteen, they did a good job. Only manchildren complain.

The only good thing about the prequels is Sheev, who is unironically a joy to watch, you get the feeling the actor genuinely enjoyed playing the part.

The Nu-Wars films have not even one redeeming factor going on so I guess technically that makes the prequels a bit better.

Episode 2 is my favorite because of the clones

i think everyone liked the clones

Why the fuck did the Empire drop those armor designs? They're /fa/ as fuck and the clones were actual soldiers who could shoot, coordinate, and stomp shit up.

That's a first. Back when Clones came out and in the years before Revenge, it got bashed the fuck out.

Admittedly, it has a lot of things I don't like, but I actually respected the whole conspiracy about hiding Kamino and its clone army facility from the Jedi archives and how Obi-Wan was doing all sorts of detective work. And how Dooku (seriously, couldn't they come up with a better name than this?) was trying to play both sides.

I thought Anakin was a whiny faggot until I saw Kylo Ren. Then I realized just how much of a faggot Kylo Ren is in comparison.

Anakin may have been cringy and moody, just like Ren, but he at least had good REASON to be. He grew up a literal fucking slave with no father, left when he was 9 years old, never to see his mother again until she was moments from death after kidnapping and brutal torture by sand niggers. He finds love that he has to keep secret because the pricks who're in charge of him tell him "HURR DURR ATTACHMENT IS BAD", and the ONLY father-figure in his life that validates his feelings just happens to be a god damn Sith lord. Anakin had every right to act like the emotionally-stunted, angst-filled drama queen he was.

Kylo Ren, on the other hand, grew up with loving parents, a loving uncle, with plenty of money, and people probably kissing his ass for his pedigree and natural talent with the Force his whole fucking life. The only so-far-apparent reason he turned to the dark side is he wants to be all cool and dark like his grandfather (who he never even met) was.

He's an absolute irredeemable faggot.

>Why the fuck did the Empire drop those armor designs?

Stormtrooper armor was cheaper and more intimidating

This is more of what we should've seen in the prequels.

Instead of Phantom Menace, we should've had a teen Anakin being a hot-shot pi lot instead of pod-racing shenanigans and filibustering.

They looked dorky. Clone Troops look cool and that's what makes them even more terrifying. Clone Trooper designs make them look heroic yet they're brutal slave-soldiers.

Episode 1 - 6.1/10
Episode 2 - 6.3/10
Episode 3 - 7.7/10

Yes

Darth Maul was supposed to be much more intellegent and have a more philosophical role, until his lines were cut down into being a voiceless goon. A lot of wasted potential. Also Jar Jar was fucking annoying.

After that all of the acting was ruined by Hayden, who is completely god awful, and the shift towards a focus on politics in the SW universe was a mistake. Awful CGI half the time, PS2 graphics.

I liked them enough as a child, but now I fully accept that Star Wars is long dead

Don't forget how inept Kylo is compared to Darth. Compare how Kylo operated in his sweeps to the way Darth did in A New Hope.

They aren't the worst movies ever made, but they certainly aren't worth watching if you aren't a fan.

Clones is horrifically boring. Can't speak on the others, haven't seen em in probably eight or ten years.

1 is terrible
2 is horrible
3 is pretty good

>I liked them enough as a child, but now I fully accept that Star Wars is long dead
Pretty much. Disney could've adapted the Thrawn Trilogy, but decided to do Abbrams crap.

Kylo has been written by people that do not understand how people work.
JJ is a replicant.

I really do think they are bad. I just occasionally say they are good, only on Sup Forums, as a meme opinion

>they're /fa/ as fuck
that's a little harsh dude.
surely even if you dislike them, you can't think they are THAT autistic?

Seriously, Kylo is like a Go-Bot to Darth's Transformers.

Pisses me off that the theory that Rogue 1's team weren't captured and turned into the Knights of Ren in Luke's flashback. Would've been sweet.

**A fan of the series as a whole, I mean.

I've been told that laughter erupted at the "NOOOOO" scene in RotS. I saw it when it came out (12 y.o.) and I remember thinking it was okay.

Yes, for the last fucking time, yes they're absolute TRASH. Biggest disappointment of my life. If rather we never had another Star Wars movie ever again.

Lucas knows how to make an epic, EP1 is more engrossing than TFA, and also somehow doesn't have as shitty of a plot (super mega infinity galaxy death star unprotected and destroyed by a satchel of explosives)

Episode 3 had more clone action though

Phantom Menace - It makes a lot of mistakes but in the end it's a pretty cozy little space adventure. To be honest though, I hated this film when it came out, mostly because I was a teenager who took Star Wars way too seriously.

Attack of the Clones - This has a lot of good ideas and plenty of good scenes, but it just doesn't quite work when it's all put together. Not a bad movie. The dialogue is really awful but it's Star Wars.

Revenge of the Sith - While I personally like The Phantom Menace more, Sith is really the better of the prequels, and easily better than Return of the Jedi.

>That SLJ with long hair

Gets me everytime

This but 3 is genuinely decent